Ch 17: After a fight, fireflies appear
6.5k 13 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Giving me this sword… you know what it means, right?"

I am in the slave trade shop. In front of me is Leo, and standing to one side is Alessia. This time, when requesting a meeting with Leo, he brought Alessia into the room with him.

"Yes, this is my bona fide gift to Heavenly Water House."

"I see… I'm glad you understand"

'The intelligent clone, or gallant, as I call him, planned all this by naming the sword with three abilities. Since I currently have no known name in the world and no influential family, the only way my word will carry weight in the slave trade shop is to show good faith, not just any good faith, but an extremely rare one.'

"With this, I can say that you have become a trustworthy client and that you have our highest respect. Since you have grown fond of Alessia, we will humbly reserve her for you for 2 weeks." 

With such words, Leo handed me a VIP customer card. Picking up a small needle from the table, I cut my finger. With a drop of blood, I touched the card, and the next second, my name and different symbols appeared on it.

"As for your first deposit. It is not necessary. You can come the day you have all the money."

Before I left, I made sure to look at Alessia and nod, telling her with my eyes that everything would be fine. In response, she also nodded.

I didn't dare say a word to her. Since I'm not the gallant clone, I don't have the gift of words.

After leaving, I went to the golden labyrinth, or Bajamira, as others know it.

"Grrr"

[Snow Wolf Lvl1]

'It looks so adorable, especially when the chain reaches x31 and leaves runes as a farewell gift. I have never met such an adorable monster.'

[x10]

I have already walked for several minutes. I found them quickly thanks to the map. Thus, easily reaching a chain of x10. For others, the sword I gave to the slave trade shop may be the best sword in the world, while for me, this simple iron sword is the best of all.

[x20]

However, the [Chain] skill is what makes this sword so special. I don't deny that [Edge] is amazing, but I don't need it for such weak monsters. This gets to the point where I am wondering if I should take away some points from strength to add them to luck. Since the edge can cut them perfectly, why not take some strength away?

[x30]

Even so, this is just a thought. I won't carry it out because my stat points are so few that they all have value just by being there.

[Snow Wolf Rune]

[x31]

[Snow Wolf Rune x4]

[x45]

'Well, that's all for today. Guided by the map, I got out of the labyrinth.'

It's been a few hours since I started hunting monsters to increase the chain, but I'm not tired. Although I can assure you that my state is not at its peak, I could rest to get my strength back. I still have two weeks, so there's no need to rush things.

The [Snow Wolf Scroll] is a loot that can only be sold in the adventurer's guild, and since I'm not registered in it, they will buy it from me at a lower price. It's not currently profitable, so I stopped the chain at x45.

After entering the capital, I looked for an alley with no people around and equipped my cover-up suit. It is a mask that covers the entire face, plus a full-body black cape, and under them, I am wearing normal clothing. Despite appearances, it is not rare to see people walking with masks on the street, since it is obvious that battles can disfigure the face at some point.

Thanks to the inventory, I don't need to dress up. I just mentally pressed [Equip], and it appeared on my body. Once dressed, I headed towards the commercial sector.

The store that buys runes for a gold coin is to the north, in other words, towards the slum.

Before I entered, I casually looked at the people around me. According to the map, all of them are marked with a blue dot. So, none of them must possess a criminal class. Only after making sure, I entered the shop.

"35 [Snow Wolf Rune] is a total of 35 gold coins. Thank you for choosing us"

Not caring about the looks of others, I directly put all the coins into the inventory and left the shop.

'So far, everything is going well. The next thing will be to sell the [Snow Fur]-… Hmm… There was a change.'

The map shows red dots in the surrounding alleys. Not just 1, but 5 per alley. On a simple count, I can say there are 8 alleys.

'In other words… 40 criminals in all! Haa… I knew that the money would tempt the criminals, but I never thought that, being only the second time I made this transaction, they would already have me in their sights… Should I go back? No, it is too late.'

Further on the map, I can see more red dots approaching the alleys I passed through. My path of retreat has been blocked. So, I drew my sword.

5 versus 1 is too much for me, which is why I put all my points in luck in the robbers' assault. I'm good at fighting humans, but if I had fought them, then they would have immediately sent more than 5 thieves to deal with me because I would be a thorn in their plans.

'With my current strength, I feel completely confident of winning in a 4 vs. 1, so the only solution to this problem is… wait for them to split up.'

Second after second, minute after minute. I slowly watched as the red dots approached me. Some at a fast pace, and others standing still, as if waiting for me to approach them.

At some point, I saw something strange in a group.

They all stopped in one place, and then… One of the red dots broke away, heading into an alley.

"This is my opportunity."

I quickly started running in his direction. Due to the large number of interconnecting alleys, I passed through five different alleys before reaching the red dot.

[Jin] [Thief Lvl 15]

From the corner of the alley, I looked at him. 

As the thief pulls down his pants, apparently to urinate, I cautiously approach his back and then, swing my sword.

His head was neatly blown up.

The next second, particles of light surrounded him, and he disappeared from the scene. In addition to his remnants, he also left behind his equipment. So, with the inventory, I kept everything.

The other red dots are just down the alley, a few minutes away.

From the inventory, I remove the sword of the thief I just killed and start running. In the very moment of passing through the alley and meeting the others, I twist my body in the air and swiftly throw the sword at them.

The sword stuck in the stomach of one of the thieves, who fell to the floor in pain.

"They're attacking us! Kill that guy!"

[Marco] [Thief Lvl 11]

[Inar] [Thief Lvl 9]

[Fausto] [Thief Lvl 14]

As they run to me, I equip my sword and chain mail from my inventory.

The first to arrive was Fausto, with two swords in his hands. He attacked me diagonally and horizontally. I took a step back, avoiding his sword.

The moment he finished his move, I closed in on him with a single step and plunged my sword into his stomach.

"AHHH-…" I turned the sword 90 degrees, and he passed out.

The light particles don't appear, so he's not dead yet. I wanted to give him the final blow, but just then Marco appeared.

In his hand, he has a curved saber. These are specially made to evade shields, so I must not block his attacks; otherwise, I will be damaged.

Before him, I made the first move. Using all my strength, I swing my sword in a horizontal line. He responded by blocking with his saber, apparently hoping to damage me with it, but…

Before our weapons collided, I spun to his left side and cut his shoulder, and his left arm fell to the ground.

"DAMNED!" Marco yelled.

Then, Inar appeared on my right side. This one has two daggers in his hand… What a good combination we make.

I switched targets to Inar and attacked him in a vertical line. He avoided me to the right side and then advanced, wanting to stab me.

I slightly moved my sword and hit him with the hilt on his chin. For a second, his movements slowed down, as I quickly swung my sword horizontally. Then a cut several centimeters thick appeared on his stomach.

He didn't even scream; the pain was enough to make him pass out immediately.

"I'll kill you!"

Marco swung his saber randomly, but due to the damage taken, his movements are extremely clumsy. After dodging two of his attacks, I moved forward and cut his neck.

As I calmed down, I went toward the others and gave them the final blow.

The light particles that emitted from them illuminated the alley, creating a beautiful sight similar to that of fireflies lighting up this afternoon.

156