Ch 65: Time to visit the hidden bosses
4.2k 9 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'As expected of the gallant clone! Every one of your words is worth its weight in gold! And… for God's sake! You are so cold and calculating! You're too cool~'

I can't help but think we'd make a great team if he charms women while I warm their beds so they don't get cold at night…

'Well. It's just a prank, smart clone. I apologize if you ever remembered this.'

Currently, it is still night. Alessia is sleeping peacefully in my arms, and the map does not show any point in the central square. At the same time, there are no monsters or adventurers near this trap room.

There aren't any adventurers on the entire 9th floor.

'Well, we finished the day's work. It's time to sleep.'

***

And so, two days passed.

The events of these days can be summed up as 'having sex, then leveling, then having sex again'… I settle for so little. I wish all humans were like that.

We always fight on the 9th floor, since there is no advantage in defeating the boss and entering the 10th floor. We are not prepared, and the current situation does not give us space to walk calmly through the city streets. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't prepare by buying potions or weapons, as the risk is latent.

Something that has caught my attention these days is that we didn't see the three annoying beauties. Their mission was to clear the trap rooms on the 6th and 7th floors. Since on the 7th floor the monsters [Carnivorous Flower] stay static when fighting, hopefully the trap room won't be as difficult as the constantly moving archer bees. 

'I don't think anything has happened to them; rather, I feel like they have a slow but sure pace.'

Now then, just a few moments ago, the gallant clone managed to obtain irrefutable proof as to who truly is a [Traveler]. His blue dot has a custom marker on it, so I can see him leisurely walking around the plaza looking for customers.

"Thank you, it was delicious."

"You're welcome"

Since the gallant clone said those words that night, Alessia seems to be closer to me. Her smile is becoming more sincere and cheerful, and when we kiss, I feel that her tongue moves more than usual.

That's exactly what is happening now. As I complimented her on her food, she gave me a very beautiful smile. It almost looks like the flowers grew around her.

"Alessia… It's time to leave the labyrinth."

"Yes"

Without even asking a question, Alessia confidently nodded and followed me. Something unthinkable a few days ago. Before, she would have asked until she was satisfied with my answers.

Tired already of fighting for so long with the monsters, I walked through the corridors that had none. It was a long road, of course. But in a way, it was much shorter than constantly fighting to get to the exit.

Outside the labyrinth, the path used by the guilds to recruit is still deserted. This makes me sigh. Even after so many days, there is no change in the city. It seems we have to get out of here as fast as we can.

"Hey! Here!"

After my shout, the driver quickly stopped the carriage and welcomed us inside. Inside, we close the curtains to avoid unexpected problems.

"We arrived" After a few minutes, the driver stopped the carriage, and we got out.

Currently, we are very close to the commercial street and quite far from the central square. It would be suicide to go straight, so I plan to wait in a reliable place.

"Hello, Erick"

"Long time no see,"

Erick's store is located on the commercial street. The central plaza is located on the same street, but it is located in the center of the city, as its name implies. In other words, the square is the division that separates the east side from the west side, the commercial sector, and the king's castle, respectively.

"Do you know what's been going on in the city?" I asked casually.

"Not at all… You must know something from your look."

"It's good that I came to visit you before we left. Actually…"

I explained about the emergency mission and how knights are abusing their power by taking people by force. While I'm talking to him, Erick sometimes showed a serious look while other times a relaxed expression.

When I finished my story, he returned to have the same look with which he had initially received us.

"Whatever happens, to me, will be a good thing. As a blacksmith, a conflict between kingdoms only means more work since more people will come to buy and request goods."

"I see. It's good to hear that."

After talking for some time, I evaluated his weapons to reduce my debt with him.

The sun quickly began to hide, and the sky turned orange. It is estimated that the traveler would only change shifts around 9:00 p.m., so there is still time-… 

'Wait, the traveler left the square.'

"Oh, right, Erick. Since we will be away for a long time, could you contact Alfonso and ask him to take care of my house temporarily?"

"It's fine, but it will cost you money."

"It doesn't matter; I have a lot of money. A gold coin will suffice, right?"

Erick: "…"

'— Not a gold coin. Three silver coins are enough… more than enough! Haa, this guy's perception of money is too crooked.'

From the way Erick is looking at me, it seems that a gold coin will not be enough. So, I quickly took out another gold coin and put it in his hand.

"I left it to you! Goodbye; something urgent happened. Let's go Alessia!"

"Goodbye sir-… Goodbye Erick"

"Take care, see you."

'— Two gold coins, huh?... I'll use what's left over to pay the debts he has with me' With such thoughts, Erick left Jack in charge of the store and went out to meet Alfonso, the real estate broker.

Before leaving Erick's store, I put a personalized marker with the name [Erick Blacksmith] on his blue dot. So, I'll know his exact location in case something happens.

Outside, we quickly entered the nearest alley and started running in the direction of the central square. The traveler is currently walking through the surrounding streets. It seems from his direction that he is going to eat.

'This is the best time to meet him. We can't miss this opportunity!'

After running through countless different alleys, we got close enough to be able to go outside and find him.

[Alan] [Traveler Lvl 7] [Affiliation: Castemira Kingdom]

[(Travel Prohibited for Criminal Classes) (Travel Prohibited for People of the Drial Cenit Kingdom)]

'How unexpected, he is the same traveler I saw when I first arrived in the city. Also, his status changed. Now he can't transport people from the Drial Cenit Kingdom.'

"Alan the [Traveler], right?"

"Now that I'm in my free time, don't bother me."

Alan zigzagged down the sidewalk with dark circles under his eyes and was constantly yawning. 

'He seemed extremely tired. Why will he be like this?'

"Master, he must be low on mana, and that's why he's on his way to eat. If you give him an MP potion, we could win his friendship."

"Oh, you're right. I'll try it"

It's not clear if [Space Travel] is magic or an ability, but it's clear that it requires mana to use. At this time of day, he must be almost completely exhausted, and that's why he's like this.

"Dude, you look very exhausted. Here, have an MP potion." With a sincere smile, I handed him the potion.

"Huh?! For real? Thanks, I'll take it before you regret it"

'He's so out of his mind that he didn't even doubt it could've been something else. Uh, travelers are likely to die of poison.'

When he drank the potion, his spirits immediately improved. The bags under his eyes and his sleepy look disappeared, and the color quickly returned to his eyes.

With a renewed sense of humor, he said, "Fuuh, all the energy returned to my body. I feel like a new man. Now tell me, why were you looking for me?"

"I want a trip for two people."

"Well, it will be four silver coins in total."

'Hey, what about the discount for the potion?'

Without saying anything, I nodded and handed him the money at the same time that I told him the place I wished to travel to. So, Alan walked around looking for an empty alley and then recited the corresponding spell.

Seconds later, an illusory door appeared in front of us.

"Before entering, you must form a team with me. Otherwise, you won't even be able to knock on this door"

Pulling out the [Union Necklace] from my neck, the traveler and I collided our gems, and they both shone, indicating that the team was successfully formed.

"I wish you a good trip."

With Alan's words, Alessia and I crossed through the illusory door. For a moment, I lost connection with my body, as if from the beginning I hadn't had one. Luckily, this feeling lasted only an instant, and the next second…'

The alley was replaced by a warm and homey atmosphere, with wooden houses everywhere and people without any Class related to battle.

"Where are we, master?" Very curious, Alessia looked around, trying to figure out where we were.

"In the Dominir town, I will introduce you to your parents-in-laws"

Alessia: "!!!"

 

114