Ch 69: A talk about Classes
4k 11 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the bathroom, I see Alessia with moist eyes talking to my mother. It seems that she is also suffering from the injustice.

"No one has ever insulted me so much in my life!"

At this, my mother looked from side to side, not knowing how to respond. Only after a few seconds, she sighs and pats Alessia's shoulder.

"I shouldn't be telling you this, but... insults are also part of the training. The battles themselves are intertwined with insults. The worst fights are always accompanied by humiliating words that hurt the heart. Not only should you improve your sword, but also your will."

Alessia: "!!!"

Very surprised, Alessia immediately changed her attitude. Any misunderstanding she had about my mother disappeared like dust in the air.

"I didn't know, sorry."

"It's okay; don't worry." Patting her shoulder one last time, she moved away from her.

With a renewed spirit, Alessia turned around, and just then our eyes met.

'- Oh, I see. That's why master was not affected by the bad attitude of my three friends…'

'I feel like I scored points with her… I could try to figure it out if I was at my best, but the chicken isn't fully out yet.'

"Emir, come for a moment, please," My mother said.

From the tone of her voice and the serious looks on both of their faces, I can tell what the conversation was about. As I approached my parents, my mother was about to speak, but then she turned her head and looked at Alessia.

"I want you to perform a style of 10 sword moves in less than 10 seconds. They can't be random moves. They have to be real countermeasures for enemy attacks."

"Yes, right away!"

With her sword in hand, she attacked the air, trying to perform the movements in the given time. Every once in a while, she stopped. Closing her eyes, she is most likely to imagine how the enemy would respond to such an attack.

"I spoke with your father, and we concluded... You have more than one class in your status, and not only that, but you are also able to add more classes to other people."

If they were strangers to me, then discovering this would be impossible because the most realistic option is 'he must possess a magic item' or something similar. The simple fact that they have known me all their lives means that they can get closer to the truth.

'Of course, class modification is only part of the whole truth.'

"Is it you or her? Which one of you possesses this ability?" asked my father.

"It's me"

With their points in luck, it's best not to beat around the bush, so I answered truthfully.

"I see," nodded my father seriously.

"Mn" My mother agreed seriously.

This seriousness… It only lasted a second.

"Yes!! We knew you inherited our family luck!!" and with that exclamation, all seriousness was thrown into the air.

After all, someone with 50 points in luck can't be so serious.

"Hmm?" Alessia looked over here, confused.

'I get it. My parents have been holding back all this time to look like worthy parents’ in-laws, but now they are showing their true faces. Anyone would be confused! But sorry to disappoint you, in reality your son only had 1 point in luck when he left home… and he was also about to die…'

"Now everything makes sense… We already felt that something was wrong when you tripped over the ladder at 5 years old and got a black eye. When we were that age, the ladder tripped over us!"

'I want to deny your example, but I'm sure it must be true. Even when it sounds illogical.'

"So, the family luck was placed on that skill or ability of yours. Alright... I know it will be obvious what I'm going to tell you, but it has to be said out loud. You should only modify the status of people you trust, do you understand? Also, you must have a lot of magic items on hand. If the worst-case scenario occurs, blame the magic items!" Said my father.

"Mn, good idea. I'll keep it in mind."

"As for Alessia, do you plan to tell her, right?"

"Yes, I will tell her in the future."

My parents nodded with a smile, but the next second, they looked at each other. 

I don't know what they are thinking, but their expression shows concern. Besides, when they noticed my look, they smiled again as if nothing had happened.

'I feel like they're planning something, but it's my parents… I'm sure it won't be anything bad.'

"Alright, let's change the subject. What I'm interested in now is… Classes. Can you grant any class you want or does the person have to get it first?"

"I can't award classes out of the blue; the person must meet the requirements first."

At my answer, my parents smiled again. But, this time, their smile looks like someone who cheats without being seen.

"We know a lot of people," My mother said with a malicious tone.

"And they all told us their secrets." My father said it in the same tone.

Emir: "…"

'Talk about it, don't leave me in doubt.'

"Did you get the Warrior class after failing the Knight's test?"

"Yes"

"Well, well. We've taught you the art of swordsmanship since you were little… although the probability is low, you should get the [Sword King] class someday, and when it reaches a certain level, it can evolve into the [Sword Saint] class! Although the probability remains low, of course,"

Emir: "…"

[Sword King Lvl1]

'I just remembered the nightmare I had in the morning, but I still have to say… Yessss! I have the class!'

"What else?!" I couldn't help saying it with euphoria.

"Hehehe, I see you understand!" Said my mother.

"It's in our blood," my father sighed.

"???" Alessia looked even more confused.

"In the past, I saved the life of a [Traveler]. Since he was a child, he always wanted to get that class. So he did countless things to achieve it. It got to the point where many scammed him with very expensive requirements or with something that simply seemed impossible"

My father shook his head and then continued, "As payment for saving his life, the [Traveler] told me about the conditions that led him to get the class, and those were… 50 trips through [Space Travel], climbing a mountain on foot, with or without a guide. And finally, at the peak of the mountain, you must meditate specifically about outer space."

Since the top of the mountain is close to outer space, it makes sense to meditate there. Also, [Space Travel] has a very similar name too.

"I think that it's unnecessary to explain that this information should not be disclosed, since an excess of travelers would ruin the balance."

"I understand. I will handle the information with great care."

Nodding, father looked at mother. Hinting that she is next.

"Mm... Oh, right. I remember one [Assassin] who managed to escape from us. Even when we chased him with all our power, we ended up losing track of him anyway."

"An assassin…"

'Someone who murders innocent people… someone who kills in cold blood no matter-…'

"I don't mean that kind of killer." Mother interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh? Is there another one?"

"Yes, it is a hidden class. There are two types of [Assassin], and both are reflected with the same class name when they are identified with a magic item. This has an explanation. The assassin I am referring to possesses highly classified information and acts in the shadows. Very few or almost no one knows their names or faces, since they can diminish their presence by being almost invisible to the human eye."

After pausing to summarize her words, she said, "Think about it. If there were two killers in front of you, what would you think? Are they both cold-blooded killers, or does one of them have classified information?"

"Cold-Blooded. [Assassin]... the class is commonly known as such, so that's the first thing I'd think of."

"Right. That class was born as a ruse to prevent torture and information leakage since people are unlikely to suspect every assassin as someone important. After all, there are too many."

'I see. People would confuse the important character with the criminal, and in that way, the person could escape dying without torture, avoiding the leak of information.'

"To get the true [Assassin] class, you must silently assassinate a large number of times without being noticed from start to finish by anyone. I've also been told by others that you can decrease the kills needed to acquire the class by stealing important documents from people, without anyone noticing, of course."

From her words, I know that a true [Assassin] does not kill innocent people, and above all… If that [Assassin] managed to escape from my parents, it must be a good class!

"With all that said, what requirements will you try to meet first?"

'Although I'm tempted by the [Assassin] class, I'm much more interested in…'

"[Traveler]"

"Well, since you must make so many trips, I recommend you visit the Ephire Kingdom. They focus on creating battle clothes. Many of those clothes have free spaces for their subsequent fusion with runes"

Emir: "!!!"

'B- B- Battle clothes with empty slots? Does that mean Alessia will be able to fight in the legendary bikini armor?!'

115