Ch 70: Haven’t there been too many coincidences lately?
4k 10 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'But… I can't ask Erick to fuse runes on the bikini armor, as it would be too uncomfortable for him. Besides, I will most likely be blacklisted by his shop…'

"The [Blacksmith] class? I don't recommend it since it needs too much dedication. But if you ask out of curiosity, I will tell you that it is necessary to create a quality weapon to obtain the class. From start to finish, everything must be handmade. Also, the materials must be raw without any kind of previous labor"

Mother has a boring expression when describing the blacksmith class, and I understand her; I find it boring too. I'm not degrading it or anything; rather, it's a class that doesn't go with my style. But if I want the bikini armor dream to come true, I'm going to have to put in some effort.

'Of course, I will not take Erick away from work. I don't plan to be a full-time blacksmith.'

"Now, I know a reliable traveler. I will contact him with the carrier pigeon to tell him that you need the trips to obtain the class. I estimate that he will arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow"

"It's okay"

'Wait… I suddenly deduced something important from her sentence.'

"Just me?"

At my words, Mother smiled and approached Alessia.

With her hands on her shoulders, she said…

"It's inadmissible for my daughter-in-law to be so weak. Because of that, I won't let her leave this house until she improves her ability!"

"Ehhh?!" Both I and Alessia were shocked.

'Does that mean… I'll be away from home alone again? With no one to warm my bed? Is it too late to repent my decision?'

"The decision is already made; surrender."

When my mother gets like this, there's no one to stop her, and if I try to stop her… I will have to pay attention to the paranormal events that will happen to me. I've had enough of those events since I learned to fight with them; I don't want to experience anything like that again.

"Continue with the task I asked you, Alessia; in the meantime,  I'm going to prepare lunch... Oh, right. We used the last eggs with breakfast."

With a hand on her forehead, Mother wondered what she would do now.

"Fresh Eggs~! I sell fresh eggs~!" Someone yelled outside.

"The seller! I'll be right back" Mother said goodbye quickly and left the house.

"What a coincidence," Alessia said happily.

Since lunch would take a while to be ready, I sat at the entrance of the dojo and watched as Alessia carried out the task without resting.

And so the minutes passed until it was time for lunch.

"Your plate, Joel" Mother, still wearing the kitchen apron, reached out to hand the plate of food to my father. Everything suggests that she is too busy to leave the plate on the table.

"Stay there; I will take it there."

The distance between my father's seat and my mother's hand is achievable only if he leans back in the seat, and that is exactly what he did, but…

He reclined the seat too far, causing it to fall.

"Watch out!" Alessia cried, worried.

At that very moment, a broom that was badly positioned suddenly falls over. Following a straight trajectory, it falls behind my father's seat, and… It stops its fall successfully.

Alessia: "…"

'— W- What a coincidence…'

"Don't worry, I'm fine." With the plate of food in hand, Father smiles as if nothing had happened.

"Y- yes, that's good," Alessia sits back down.

Once my mother sat down to lunch, I brought up the subject of my travels.

"Alessia, while you are under the teachings of my parents, I will go on a trip for a few days. My parents know a [Traveler], so I will be visiting some places."

"...If I may ask, where will you go?" She said with narrowed eyes as if looking for the killer of the crime.

'Ahahaha… Do you have so little confidence in me? But never mind, I have the perfect excuse to reassure her.'

"I plan to visit the Denir city on one of those trips."

Alessia: "!!!"

'— will Master remember our promise?'

I don't have to be a genius to read her look… answering her unspoken question, I said with a smile…

"Write a letter, and I will personally deliver it to my friend's in-laws."

"…Thanks."

Her look shows a touch of nostalgia as well as sadness. Her eyes became slightly moist. Although this only lasted for an instant, the next moment she spoke again in a cheerful manner.

"My friends will laugh a lot if you call them that!"

"Then I have more reason to call them that."

"Hehehe"

'Ah, her adorable smile. I want to squeeze her cheeks, but now we're in front of my parents… Too bad.'

*Knock Knock*

Somebody knocked on the door.

"Keep having lunch; I'll go see who it is," Alessia said.

Either because she is the closest to the door or because she is in a very good mood, she voluntarily got up from the table and went to open the door. Seconds later, she returned with an expression that everyone at the table could read perfectly.

'— Ah, what a coincidence… We were just talking about him.'

'I'm sure she is thinking, 'Oh, what a coincidence… We were just talking about him'.'

"Emilia and Joel. Here I am; it has been years without seeing you," said the man next to Alessia.

"Alfred! Long time no see!" Mother came over to hug him.

"Man, even when you're younger than me, you look older."

"Hahaha, unlike you, I'm not good at combat. My level goes up slowly."

[Alfred] [Traveler Lvl24]

Alfred has white hair and a slim build. Visually, he is a handsome man and appears to be around 50 years old, but as my father said, he must be younger than he appears.

The fun fact is that my mother is 45 years old, but she looks 29 years old. My father is 51 years old and looks 31 years old. After all, leveling up maintains youth and increases beauty.

"You came quickly… I thought you would arrive tomorrow," My mother said, surprised.

"I was near here, and since your homing pigeon knows me, it swerved out of her way and headed straight for me."

'- Was he close? Haven't there been too many coincidences lately?... Master doesn't seem surprised... Am I the only weird one? That reminds me… in training with his mother, very strange and painful coincidences also happened to me…'

Alessia looks worried. She is probably thinking about what to write in her letter. So, I went over and patted her head.

"In the letter, write that we are a couple. That way my in-laws won't worry"

"Oh, right! The letter!" She quickly walked away from me, took out a pencil and paper from her inventory, and began to write.

'Mm? Was I wrong? So, what was bothering her before?'

"I present him to you; he is our son. His name is Emir"

"Nice to meet you." I held out my hand.

"Alfred" He replied with a handshake. "In the letter, your parents told me that you needed to travel the world. I know many places. You tell me the location, and we will be there," he said very kindly.

After greeting us, my parents took Alfred away for a moment, and then he came back with another plate of food.

In the end, we went back to lunch, but this time Alessia was more worried about the letter than eating, while the newcomer was more worried about talking than eating.

"Master, I finished. Take, this is the letter." She handed me an envelope with the letter inside.

I was about to open it to read it when a hand stopped me.

"Don't you dare! It's personal!" She said blushing.

'That only makes me want to read it more.'

I tried to convince her, but she wouldn't give in. The only thing she told me was the name and description of her previous companions, so that I could recognize them.

… 

"Then, Emir, say goodbye. Time is pressing." Said my mother.

Emir: "…"

'Don't they give me preparation time? Why do I feel a big deja vu here?'

"Alessia, I'm leaving for a while. Listen to my parents; they're not bad people."

"Yes, I know. They are very nice people."

"Mn, they are… Oh, right. Since you'll be practicing with the sword, can you lend me the spear? I plan to train with it when I have time." 

"Weren't you just going on a trip?"

Emir: "…"

'You don't miss a thing, huh?'

I was thinking about how to answer her when she walked away from me, and suddenly a spear appeared in her hands. The same one with the three skills with which she obtained her [Lancer] class.

"Here you go." She handed it to me.

"Thanks"

On a thought, I put it in the inventory.

Being so close to each other, I brought my face close to hers and kissed her. It was a kiss where we just put our lips together without any lust involved. Once we finished, we looked into each other's eyes.

"I will miss you."

"So do I."

The whole environment is so peaceful that such words came naturally to us… But we quickly realized that it was too peaceful.

We turned around and looked in the direction of my parents and Alfred. There, the three old people looked at us very happy. But when our eyes met, they looked away and continued their conversation as if nothing had happened.

'Haa, God raises them, and they get together.'

… 

"Goodbye, take care of yourselves!" my parents yelled.

"Goodbye" Alessia said in a lower tone.

I waved my arm in the air, saying goodbye to them, and then walked through the illusory door. A second later, Alfred walked through the door too.

106