24. How to trick your mother
11.2k 28 424
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month has gone by since Tomoka almost blew her lungs while practicing the air bullet jutsu. During this time her proficiency with both lightning and air jutsus has increased. At her current rate she should be able to master all the jutsus her parents taught her in a year more or less. However, the girl wasn’t satisfied. 

‘This is so frustrating! Why can’t I train everything at the same time!?’

[Because it's not possible? Not to mention that from what I have observed your rate of growth is abnormally fast compared to others.]

‘I know that kurama. The thing is that I am an impatient person. When I set my mind to do something I want to spend as much time as possible doing that. However, now that I have to train in air and lightning jutsus, not to mention taijutsu as well as stamina training, my time gets divided. I just don’t like that!’ 

[Well, suck it up Tomoka, it's not like you could separate yourself into multiple bodies. It would be very convenient but it’s simply not possible] At that moment Kurama’s words were like a gospel from the gods for Tomoka.  

‘Kurama! You are a fucking genious!’

[I am? Wait, Of course I am. However, praising me will get you nothing, but you can continue if you want.] Ignoring Kurama’s shamelessnes Tomoka began explaining. 

‘You say I can’t separate myself into new bodies, but you are wrong. I can and there is a jutsu that does just that! How could I have forgotten about it!’

[Alright, how about you calm down and explain]

‘I am talking about the shadow clone jutsu, Kurama. Unlike the clone jutsu which is nothing more than an illusion, the shadow clone has consciousness and can interact with the world. Moreover, when the jutsu is dispelled the memories of the clone are transferred to the user!’

[I see, so with that you could train multiple things at the same time.]

‘Precisely, of course there are downsides as well. For starters, each clone takes a portion of my total chakra pool. One clone takes half, two would take two thirds and so on. However, with my current chakra I should be able to make three or four no problem.

Another less important problem would be that clones can’t do physical training for me but that does not matter’

[Well, what are you waiting for? Go tell your mother]

What Kurama proposed made Tomoka stop. The shadow clone was considered a dangerous jutsu, taking into account her parents protectiveness of her chances were they would not teach her. Not to mention there is a large probability of them not knowing it. After all, the jutsu required a lot of chakra. 

Thinking about these problems Tomoka began thinking about what to do. If she asked her mother then she would be taking a big gamble. After all, if she said no then Tomoka would be closely watched from then on to prevent her from asking someone else. 

If she didn’t ask her mother then there came a new problem. Who would she ask? Kakashi knows the jutsu but he is currently an ANBU if she isn’t mistaken. Naruto doesn’t know it yet. Hiruzen is a no go too. Jiraija? Who knows where the pervy sage is. 

With a sigh Tomoka realized that her best bet right now would be to just ask her mother and try her best to convince her. She had prepared for a moment like this, she had practiced her ultimate technique to be used against her parents.

“Mommy, could you teach me the shadow clone jutsu pretty please?” That’s right, her ultimate technique is the puppy eyes using her adorable figure no one could resist. 

“No” Mission failed, we’ll get 'em next time.

“I promise to be a good girl and only use it when you are around, please” Tomoka wouldn’t give up so easily.

“No means no” Fine then tomoka would need to use her smarts to win then. 

“If you don’t teach me I won’t talk to you for a month!” With a cute pout Tomoka looked away.

“Honey don’t be like that, it's for your own good” While saying that Himiko crouched to be at the same eye level as Tomoka. 

‘All according to plan time for the next move’ “But if you are around it should be fine!”  

“I said no, that jutsu is too dangerous” her begging had failed again. It was time to use her last resort. This weapon would deal as much damage to herself as it would deal to her mother. TACTICAL NUKE, INCOMING!

“I will let you dress me up and hug me as much as you want from now on” That's right, Tomoka had been playing hard to get these last few years to prepare this card. 

“T-that is playing dirty” It seems like the attack was working, just a little more and she would win. 

“Please *chu*” With a pec on the cheek Tomoka had finally played all her cards, if after this her mother still refused she would be doomed. 

“F-fine, but you need to keep your words Tomoka or mama will get very angry” YES! YES! Tomoka had won the battle! 

[Playing your own mother like that, Where is your honor!?]

‘All is fair in love and war!’ 

[This is neither you manipulative twerp]

‘Oh shush, you just jelly I don’t act all cute for you’ 

[Hmph]

‘That’s what I thought’    

424