45. DnD
11k 35 390
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hue hue hue, roll perception please” Behind a cardboard screen one could see Tomoka smiling creepily. In the map she held many marcs laid out the many traps she had planned. Now the party of wanna be heros has stepped into one. 

 

“Uhg, seven” “Twelve for me” “I got a n-nat twenty” “fifteen for my YOUTH!” 

 

Tomoka’s smile grew wider as she looked at her victims. She had warned them, she had told them that they were not ready. Now they would pay the price for their vanity, their hubris has led them to their end.

 

“Naruto, Nozomi you two don’t notice the trap triggering, you take full damage at 1d8 of poison damage from the poison darts that spray through the corridor. Hinata, Lee please roll me a dex save” 

 

All according to plan, she would not kill them right away. No, she would witle them little by little. Like the traps set in casinos she would entice them with little wins here and there. Little did they know they would lose everything as they would all die.

 

“T-twelve” “Eight” 

 

“Alright, Lee you try to dodge but fail and take a 1d8 of poison damage as well. Hinata, you manage to dodge most of the darts but it’s not enough, you take 1d4 poison damage” Groans followed as all of them started to despair. 

 

Their character had lost most of their health by now. Hinata’s character was the only one safe from imminent death as her luck today had been stellar. No potions left nor spell slots for healing their end approached as Tomoka cackled maddly.  

 

“As you try to catch your breath after the trap you hear a voice. It says “Poor lost souls in despair, I the goddess of opportunity wish for your success. However, sacrifices must be made. In exchange for the safe return of your companions one of you must die. Choose who will be the unlucky one”  

 

After that chaos ensued. Everyone wanted to sacrifice themselves to save the others. The discussion continued for a while until Hinata spoke with a rare burst of confidence.

 

“I won’t accept anyone sacrificing themselves. We are a team and we will all find a way out! What if this was the real world? Will you let a friend die like that? I sure won’t. No goddess none of use will die today” 

 

Hinata's steely gaze sent a small shiver down Tomoka’s spine. She had planned to force one of them to die to teach them a lesson but perhaps changing the lesson for another one isn’t so bad. Clearing her throat, Tomoka spoke again. 

 

“I see your determination and it has moved me but a sacrifice still needs to be made. Perhaps instead of a life magic item could do. Sacrifice what you have gotten in this dungeon and your freedom will be in reach.”

 

With a nod everyone gave Tomoka back the equipment they had gotten and so she let them go. Back outside the dungeon everyone decided to rest and resupply. However, their next adventure would have to wait.

 

“Kids come down Dinner is ready!” With that everyone releases a disappointed sigh. The campaign had been going for a little over a month and it had been gold. Seeing Naruto’s character die over and over was just comedy gold. At least his rash decision making had improved after the third death.  

 

“Tomoka, that was unfair! We lost a lot of gold on potions and got nothing in return!” Nozomi began complaining as they ate. 

 

“Hey, not my fault. I told you all you weren’t ready. I didn’t even hide it behind any clever wording or anything. I said and I quote “You will get your ass handed to you in a silver platter” not my fault you didn’t listen” Tomoka crossed her arms while looking at the others. 

 

“Yeah but you could have gone easier on us. You could have at least let us keep some loot to make up for the lost potions” Naruto pouted, crossing his own arms. 

 

“Well dear Naruto. Your enemies will never go easy on you. Be thankful I didn’t TPK you again.” Said Tomoka while looking at everyone. 

 

That’s right Tomoka had already TPKed them once. It happened when the group of four level threes tried to challenge a level eleven wizard. Mind you they had no real reason to attack the man. Even though, yes he was evil, and yes he needed to die. They were meant to try and kill him through other methods aside from direct confrontation.  

 

“Anyway. Are you all excited for tomorrow?” Himiko decided to change the topic. She had once tried to join in on the fun but was quickly banned from playing as her adult mind as well as problem solving knowledge led to the game becoming boring for the other kids.

 

“Right, Tomorrow you will begin proper ninja training at the academy! You will finally show them your YOUTH!” Everyone got excited except for Tomoka. She knew they would all be disappointed.        

390