108. What phantoms do pt2
7.4k 22 255
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the land of fire, a week before Tomoka’s trip

 

Tomo-23 was a bit frustrated figuring out how fuinjutsu works. From her findings so far it worked through a dual set of rules, or at least it seemed so. While the calligraphy of the thing needed to be as impeccable as possible for it to work that wasn’t the only factor. From tests 23 had found that the order in which the script was formed was just as important. Following that the patterns and even intent held were crucial as well.

 

Overall, fuinjutsu felt like a coding language created by a toddler. There didn’t seem to be a proper set of rules to be followed, or at least none she could discern so far. Admittedly the amount of fuinjutsu knowledge she had access to is extremely limited.

 

“Really, this is such a mess. I bet it would be more efficient to just build my own fuinjutsu language from the ground up…” At that moment 23 realized that she could in fact do so. A moment later she sent a request to the original which was approved. 

 

 “ufufufu ahahahah AHAHAHAHAHA” mad cackling could be heard inside 23’s laboratory as she got to work. Using the information she managed to learn from the few fuinjutsu formulas she had access to she began building her own fuinjutsu language. The most important thing when it came to fuinjutsu that she had managed to learn so far was the need for intent stored in the chakra and the flow of chakra. 

 

Normally the intent would be stored in the words used in the seals. For this reason barrier fuuinjutsu would have the word barrier on it, the same for explosive tags and so on. However, for 23 it didn’t seem all that logical. How could a non-sapient energy like chakra understand the intent behind words? The answer? it couldn’t.  

 

Then under that logic why use words to begin with? 23 believed that it was something akin to a crutch for the one creating fuinjutsu. After all, it is easier to imagine an explosion when writing the word you associate with said phenomenon. However, this also leads to the question of what is the purpose of the rest of the formulae. 

 

Through a few more experiments 23 came to the conclusion that the formula works like a pseudo copy of tenketsu points and meridians. In this way they can contain and channel the stored chakra in a desired pattern creating the desired outcome. 

 

“I see, so fuinjutsu is just a copy of the natural pathways inside the human body to create phenomenon similar to those of ninjutsu and genjutsu.” Armed with this knowledge 23 got to work on her own fuinjutsu language by analyzing how her own chakra moved. Since she is a clone she doesn’t need to worry about harming her body. Like that, two days went by. 

 

“I finally did it! ahah AHAHAHA!” 23 had killed herself a total of three times while working on her now fuinjutsu language. In the end it looked similar to the common fuinjutsu language but there were some obvious differences. For starters, the flow of wording and symbols was more esoteric. A lot of unnecessary symbols and overall “junk” code had been trimmed away. 

 

Normally anyone could learn the basics of fuinjutsu, the hard part came after that. However, for this new language only someone with advanced mathematical knowledge as well as understanding of physics and chemistry could even attempt to learn it. The result, to put it simply, was amazing, at least two times more efficient than normal fuinjutsu, be it in size of the needed inscription or power.

 

“The best part is that no one aside from me should be able to crack this shit!” A mad gleam crossed through Tomo-23’s eyes as she sent the information to the original’s mind library.                    

255