Chapter 17
3.9k 6 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kakashi told us that we can relax for the next week I had no idea on what do to next...so while going back to Tazuna's house I was pondering about what I should be doing and decided to make my clones work on Lead concentration practice as I relax during this week.

While I was thinking about this Sakura who was walking a bit behind me suddenly called me. 

"N-Naruto" she said

I stopped and looked back and with a confused expression asked "wasn't Sasuke walking with us? Where did he go?" I clearly remembered that we all left together after demonstrating our skills to Kakashi.

"You didn't notice?" She asked a bit surprised.

"Notice what?" I asked while frowning.

"I-I mean he just told you a few minutes back that he's gonna train harder than you and soon beat you before he went back in the woods to train..." Sakura said.

"Did he?...I didn't even realise...Yeah why did you call me? " I asked as I suddenly remembered why I turned back in the first place.

It's been a few days since Sakura has been greeting Naruto with the brightest smile she could possibly muster on her face...but seeing no progress...she grew anxious and decided to take a direct approach.

"I...I'm sorry for treating you so badly earlier...I always called you useless and talked badly about you both in front of you and behind your back." Sakura said with her head hung low.

"Alright I forgive you." I said as I started moving forward...it felt weird being apologized like that when I'm not even the original person who she had wronged... as a result I answered her in a way which I thought would help me in exiting this weird situation the fastest.

Unfortunately Sakura interpreted it differently..she first blanked out for a second and seeing Naruto not even giving her a second glance as he started walking... she came to a conclusion that he had not forgiven her from the indifferent way he answered her.

It saddened her making her feel even more guilty...she ran forward and caught Naruto's hand to stop him.

"Naruto I really mean it! I'm really sorry for all the things I've done to you." Sakura said...almost at the brink of crying as she finished her sentence.

Seeing Sakura saying that while she was almost at the point of crying made me a bit confused... didn't I just forgive her?

"I understand that's why I Already forgave you earlier." I said in a confused voice.

"I know you didn't!" Sakura bursted out as the tears that were getting collected in her eyes finally started streaming down.

"I know you didn't...I'm sorry.. seriously I'm really sorry." she said with a choking voice and by the time she finished she felt her legs go weak as she knelt on her knees her hands still holding one of Naruto's hand as she started started crying with her face towards the ground.

I was still a bit confused at her reaction but seeing her cry like that made a bit guilty...I pulled her up by pulling my hand which she was holding...she was lighter than expected as a result the force I applied was greater than what was required and now she was in my arms in a hugging position...welp it can't be helped I'll just go with the flow.

I patted her back and said "I told you that I've forgiven you already what's there to even cry about" and then pushed her away from me a bit so that I can see her face and then wiped her tears with my hands.

During the whole process Sakura had a blank expression but when Naruto finsihed wiping off her tears she suddenly came out of that blank state and heart started beating faster and making her face a blush.

"Are you fine now?" I asked Sakura but suddenly noticed her cheeks becoming red..."Did I press my hands too tightly while wiping your tears? Your cheeks are all red...it wasn't painful right? I asked.

"N-no it felt good..I-I mean it wasn't painful." Sakura said in a flustered manner.

"I see, you okay now right? Crying like that all of a sudden earlier." I enquired

"Y-yes, sorry about earlier." Sakura said.

"Alright let's go then its almost lunch time." I said 

"Alright." Sakura said and started walking again towards Tazuna's house with Naruto but unlike earlier she was now walking side by side with Naruto with a faint smile on her face.

89