Chapter 28
3.1k 5 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You guys are here earlier than I expected" Kakashi said as he arrived beside us.

"It's not us who are early but you who is late sensei!!" Sakura bursted out.

"Well a black cat crossed my path today as a result I took that opportunity to think over life and got lost in it." Kakashi said without any hint of remorse.

Seeing this we all sighed.

"Sensei so what did you wanted to discuss with us here?" I said wanting to end this quickly.

"Oh that, I wanted to inform you all that I've recommended you all for the Chunin selection exam. Here are your applications."

'Time has finally come for me to prove my conviction' Sasuke thought to himself and clenched his fists tightly.

'Will I be able to do it? I don't want to disappoint Naruto so even though I'm not quite sure myself whether I'll pass or not I will give my all so that I have no regrets later on.' Sakura thought to herself and took a deep breath to solidify her conviction.

'Ok hurry up and continue talking' I thought seeing that Kakashi was doing things so slowly.

"Well, this is just a recommendation from my side. If you really want to do this then sign the application and submit it at room 301 tomorrow by 1600 hrs. That's all adios" Kakashi said and then disappeared.

"Alright let's go and do some preparatory work before the start of the exams" I said to which both Sasuke and Sakura both had a face of acknowledgement.

We all separated and went back to do our preparations for the Chunin exams...well for me it was just to laze around as I sent more of my clones to master rasengan so that by the end of the day I would be able to master the technique.

_____

The next day after grouping up we all went to the ninja academy to give in our application and on the way to the 3rd floor noticed a commotion.

Rock Lee got knocked down by two guys who were blocking the gateway...now that I think of it these guys were just testing the Genins by creating a genjutsu about this being the 3rd floor when it was the 2nd floor.

"Those guys they are using Genjutsu..the room they are blocking is actually 201 and not 301..." Sakura who was beside me voiced out.

"That indeed is the case." Sasuke responded.

They all were blocking the way to the 3rd floor staircase so we had to pass them even if we discovered the Genjutsu. 

"Can't you guys let us in?" Tenten said after seeing Rock Lee get knocked down.

As if irritated by Tenten's words the guy was about to smack her when a hand grabbed his wrist and stopped it.

"Sigh, were you planning to get slapped by him? You can easily block such a move if I'm not wrong." Naruto said to Tenten and then turned towards Lee and continued "You also Lee..."

Lee chuckled and was about to say something when he noticed something and got distracted...at the same time the ninja whose wrists were grabbed by Naruto shouted out , "Fuck off you yellow haired brat!" and was about to kick Naruto when he was welcomed with a jump kick by Lee on his stomach making him crash right onto the wall behind him. The second guy realised that he was no match for Lee and after grabbing hold of his partner he ran away.

Seeing the sudden transition of Lee from acting weak earlier to revealing his strength I followed Lee's gaze which was in the direction of Sakura and figured things out. Chuckling inwardly I was about to go to the 3rd floor when Tenten suddenly hugged me from the back of my neck sticking her cheeks on mine as she said "Oh, my prince came to save me..how romantic~"

"Can't let my princess get hit in front of me even though she can handle it on her own...can I?" I replied in a similar manner... though it felt weird talking like this and I believe it was the same for Tenten if I take the fast beatings of her heart into account.

"..."

Lee, Neji, Sakura and even Sasuke were left speechless by seeing what just happened infront of their eyes.

80