Step 3 – Learn more about the witch
1.3k 20 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After admiring her making the tea for a bit I sat down on the bed again, after reflecting on it, being kidnapped by her isn’t such a bad thing after all.

Such a cutesy little witch seems like great company, if she gets over her shyness I think I will have a good time while here. But the thought of some valiant knight coming to defeat her didn’t sit well with me, should I stay with her just a little bit and then escape?

Thoughts like this passed through my mind while she was making the finishing touches of the tea, she came into the room with a tray, the tea was there, but there were also a bunch of different-shaped cookies.

Stars, animals, clouds, and heart-shaped cookies. I picked one of the heart-shaped ones after she put the tray in the bed. She expectantly looked at me while I took a bite.

The perfectly baked cookie disintegrated in my mouth, the flavor was on point.

“Amazing~”

I let out my praises, in between bites, the tea was also splendid.

“Of course it is, I am the one who made it”

She said looking smug and puffing out her chest, taking a good look at her I noticed that she looked a bit older than what I had previously thought.

“I could eat these all day~”

“Consider yourself lucky, cause back in witch school I used to sell these for a hefty price”

Her pride in her cooking is adorable, I could barely resist hugging her right now, I guess I understood mom now.

Putting the food aside, there was still much to ask her, after clearing my throat I started.

“I am Oriel Emilia Fearson, Princess of the Northern Kingdom, nice to meet you”

I put my hand forward as if we were in a business meeting, after looking at my hand for a bit she understood what I was trying to do.

“I am Kathie, a witch school graduate, and part-time baker”

She grabbed my hand somewhat over-enthusiastically, her hand might have been smaller than mine but she was still a lot stronger than me.

“So, Kathie what exactly is a witch school?”

“As the name suggests it is a school where you learn how to be a witch, I studied there since I was 6, and I was the number one student in my class all 10 years!”

She puffed up her chest again and I almost didn’t resist my urges to pat her head. Wait a second, 6+10 equals sixteen! She is older than me!

I lost the strength that kept me up and fell with my back on the bed.

“Wha- what ha- happened?”

My sudden reaction made her lose the confidence she had and fall back to stuttering.

“You are older than me!”

“Wha-”

“And you look so freaking adorable!”

Suddenly getting up I almost hit my head on hers, she had gotten closer to take a look at me, our faces were centimeters apart, and hers was as red as a tomato.

“A- a- adorable!”

I could almost see smoke coming out of her ears.

“Are you alri-”

It was her turn to interrupt me as she went back to trying to hide her face with her robe, but this time she didn’t have her hat to help, and the top of her head was still visible.

This time I couldn’t contain myself and patted her head, her hair was as fluffy as it looked.

“Everything is alright~”

I tried to imitate my mom when she was comforting me after I had just received a huge lecture from Ellen. I kept patting her until she stopped shaking and showed me her face again.

I kept smiling as to not startle her.

“So, Kathie, can we continue our talk”

She nodded, her face still a bit red.

 


           

We both took deep breaths as if to calm ourselves for what was to come, now that I knew a little bit about her I decided to try and learn her motives.

“Why did you cause that commotion?”

She looked like a kid who had been caught doing something bad.

“I- I didn’t me- mean to cause a co- commotion, i- it just happened”

“How did it happen?”

She was acting fidgety.

“I- I forcefully bought some red wine!”

She said it so fast that I almost didn’t understand what she said.

“Forcefully bought?”

“The owner of the shop didn’t wanna sell it to me because I looked too young!”

I was reminded of Milo, the dog I had adopted as a kid. She was always scared of everyone and would always look at you with puppy eyes every time you were trying to reprimand her.

I could see a certain resemblance in posture right now.

“So you bought it even though they wouldn’t sell it to you?”

“I gave him the right amount of money and everything, but he kept screaming at me and causing all that commotion”

She seemed to be telling the truth so I wouldn’t press her further on this matter.

“So you forcefully bought the wine and was trying to escape the troublesome shopkeeper?”

“Yeah…”

“And why did you kidnap me”

She avoided eye contact. But I needed to know the reason for being kidnapped, but before I could press her, she let everything out.

“At first I was just going to fly away in my broom, but you ran into me, and I noticed your deep blue eyes, it just so happened that I needed royal blood for a potion, it was the last ingredient after the wine.

I was thinking of just stealing a drop while you were unconscious, but some scary-looking men ran in my direction so I reacted fast and accidentally kidnapped you…”

She looked deeply apologetic at the end, and she also didn’t look like the dangerous type, so I decided to trust her story for now.

“What is this potion you are trying to make?”

“It was to send for my mom to help her with health problems, but you can forget about it”

It seemed like a noble cause, so I might as well investigate.

“If you give me more information about it, I might agree to give you some of my blood”

Her eyes shined.

“You aren’t lying are you?”

She held my left hand with both of hers, but quickly noticed what she was doing and retracted blushing.

“You can trust a princess’ words!”

Thinking back it might have been a stupid thing to say, but it is already too late…

 

Oriel might have agreed to something dangerous... But this is something for the next chapter, for now I want to thank you if you read thus far, it means a lot to me that you took your time to read something I had a lot of fun writing~ Consider giving this chapter a favorite and leave a comment if you feel like it. See you soon~~

79