Chapter 33 – Arakawa Akina
4k 13 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Riku went to the neighboring class, class 5-2. As time is still in the early morning, there still very few people inside class 5-2. He could only see three people inside the class. For a moment he thought he had arrived too quickly and the other party hasn't yet to come.

But thankfully, the person Riku had to meet was one of those three.

In the corner of the back row seats, a girl with short twin-tailed hair quietly plays with her smartphone. Her cold expression shows indifference as she ignores her surroundings.

Girl 1: "...And then, he got nervous so bad and farted on the spot! Can you believe it?
       In famires1Abbreviation of "family restaurant". with so many people eating, his ass went *papparapa*..."
Girl 2: "Maji hiku waa~2Lit: That's so lame/gross.
~
Definitely most memorable line at anime Date a Live, spoken by Fujibakama Mii. Its all she said in the entire show, with various intonation and expression XD.
"

The other 2 children chatted far from her seat. They didn't dare to be near her position as she wears "I'll kill you if you disturb me" aura.

It is said that her gaze is actually on par with a basilisk's gaze!3Basilisk from Harry Potter, looking at it's eyes = instant death... <link>

Riku waving his hand while calling out to her, "A-chan!"

The girl, Arakawa Akina stopped playing with her smartphone and looked back at him. She stood quietly from her seat and walked toward Riku's direction.

"Good morning, Your Excellency (閣下 - Jp: Kakka)." Akina greeted.

"Morning, A-chan. Then, shall we change our location?" Riku smiled.

The two girls instantly stop chattering. Their faces revealed an incredulous expression as they watch the two figures walked away. For a moment, they couldn't believe their own eyes and ears.

Girl 1: "Hey, isn't that our "Charming Prince" Nekomiya Riku just now?"

Girl 2: "Yeah, there is no mistake."

The "Charming Prince", Riku's nickname in the school because of his appearance, the source of envy and admiration from all the students in their school. Even though everyone knows he is a male, but his beauty and loveliness surpassed even the real girls themselves. Lots of people regardless of gender was attracted to him so badly that they created an unofficial fan club secretly behind the scenes. The person in the question wasn't aware of it, though.

But that's not the important thing right now.

Nekomiya Riku actually called the "Ice Queen" with a nickname "A-chan". However, the Ice Queen herself seems didn't mind it, on the contrary, isn't their relationship too friendly?

Girl 2: "Mamoru-kun would've upset if he knows this..."

The two girls looked at each other, their face grinned. A rendezvous by the Prince and the Queen in the morning. This would only mean one thing.

A scandal!

There is a new gossip material: The secret meeting of Prince and Queen...

Hmm... that sounds awkward.

Girl 1: "Let's report it to the club. It seems that the "Prince" title isn't suitable anymore.
       Riku-kyun should be called "King" from now on!"

The Queen's pair must be called "King", right?

Anyway, there is no "King" yet in the school, there is no issue by elevating him to be the King.

And thus, Riku had unknowingly become the King in their school. As for his relationship with Akina, it would be for another chapter.

 

♦♦♦

 

[Kusanagi Elementary School - Stairway]

Riku and Akina went to the empty stairway, after confirming there is no one else besides them, Riku started to talk.

"Did you bring the thing I asked, A-chan?" Riku asked.

"Un, here it is." Akina nodded.

She handed over a smartphone to Riku. This is a prototype model of a new type of smartphone. Although it is still a prototype, it is a stable one and there is no problem in using it. Of course, Akina wouldn't hand him the defective one.

Two days ago, Riku asked Akina for giving him one of their prototype smartphones. He started to have an interest in smartphones as he saw Rimu played with one. It seems very convenient to have, at least it won't hurt to have one.

Akina is the daughter of Arakawa family, one of the shareholders of Ragna Corporation. Their corporation also owns a few electronic companies. As a result, Arakawa family got a few prototypes of those electronics, including smartphones.

There is no problem at all giving Riku one for free.

"So, this is a smartphone..." Riku started toying the smartphone in his hand.

Watching him playfully fiddling the smartphone, Akina says with a straight expression. "I had completed the mobile contract with your name. There are ¥10.000 inside, you can use it right away."

Hearing her words, Riku's hands which are still inspecting the smartphone froze. His expression stiffened as he desperately maintained his poker face.

"Um... A-chan? I didn't ask you to do that far, did I?"

Riku couldn't help but panicked. He only asked Akina to bring one of the disposable prototype smartphones and planned to do the rest on his own. Since it shouldn't cost Akina any money, he thought he could repay her favor with some menial task or treat her something. But, he didn't think Akina did the mobile contract in his place, moreover, giving him ¥10.000 phone credit.

'Oh crap...! Now that I think about it, even though this is only a prototype, this is still the latest model which is not yet released. Other than ¥10.000 credit here, the value of the smartphone itself should be no less than ¥80.000...!'

Riku checked his wallet and sighed, there is only ¥3.500 inside it, 'Now, what should I do... I don't think one cake would be enough to repay her for this smartphone...'

Akina seems to notice Riku's dilemma as she continues,

"No need to worry, Your Excellency... Everything belongs to me is yours as well.
Wealth, power, and of course my life is in your hands. Please use it to your fullest."

Riku: "..."

Faced with Akina's declaration, Riku become speechless. His back sweated profusely even though it was still in the morning.

'This girl is kinda wacky! Did I unknowingly triggered her flag?'

However, he quickly dismissed that notion.

He has met many kinds of people in the school. Some of them looked at him with weird eyes, like they were short of breath and suffered from epilepsy the moment he approaches. Some of them looked at him with envy, although he doesn't know what is the thing they envied for. And then some of them looked at him with hostile eyes, as if he had murdered their entire family.

There are none of those things in Akina's eyes. Rather than a romantic feeling, the looks in her eyes feel like unwavering loyalty.

Riku sighed, 'It seems I can't return the smartphone anymore.'

He put the smartphone to his pocket. Well, there is no reason to reject free lunch, right?

"But this is quite surprising, Your Excellency is interested in smartphones. You said you hate those devices, didn't you?"

"Honestly I do. It's disturbing to constantly connected to others over nothing but thin air."

"Then, why do you want one?"

Facing Akina's question, Riku didn't answer immediately. He walks to the window nearby and stared at the sky. Actually, he wanted to answer, but he was unable to sort his words.

Oh well, it's too troublesome. Let's just wrap it with magic words.

Any question basically could be answered with this words!

"...I don't know..." Riku answered while staring at the sky from the window. "Perhaps, it's just a whim of mine."

"I see..."

Akina didn't ask any longer after hearing Riku's shabby answer. She looked at the hall, the students are starting to arrive. Soon, the homeroom will start. She continued, "Let's go back, Your Excelency."

"Yeah, let's go back." Riku nodded.

However, before they could go back, an angry shout could be heard from the downstairs.

"NEKOMIYA RIKU !!"

A boy with ikemen4Handsome/good looking man looks, Mimasaka Mamoru, glared at Riku with hatred in his eyes.

 

101