Chapter 40 – Health Breakdown
3.4k 8 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Tuesday, 17 April 2018 - 09:07]

Rimu spent the morning classes half asleep.

After drawing marathon last night, she barely rested and the fatigue carried over to the next morning. With a yawn, Rimu closed her eyes and snoozes in her own desk... In the middle of Sakamura Kumi's1Kurumin~ lecture.

Sakamura-sensei: "..."

Looking at Rimu's pleasant sleep, Sakamura-sensei's facial expression turned complex. However, she didn't have the heart to wake her up. Watching her expression, Nia hurriedly shakes Rimu, tried to wake her up.

"Rimu-chan... Rii~muu~chaaan~!! Wake up! Look, Sakamura-sensei's looked angry..."

"Mmmh... Oh, still history class? Then, five minutes more..."

Rimu awakes for a moment before closed her eyes for a second time.

"Muu~ Rimu-chan! Hurry and wake up!" Nia pestered.

Nia shakes Rimu harder and unknowingly touching the training gibs inside Rimu's clothes. "Hmm... what is this? Something solid in her shoulder?"

However, she didn't have the time to wondering about it. Because the next moment, she heard a voice from one of her classmates.

"Ah, sensei is crying..."

"Rimu-chan made her cry!"

Nia's attention instantly turned towards their teacher whose expression had turned pitiful. Sakamura-sensei desperately holding back her tears. She couldn't help but lost her confidence in teaching.

'Is my lesson really that dull and only make my students yawn?'  ಥ﹏ಥ

Kouta speechlessly watching in the side, 'Sensei... why are you so easily shed tears? Where is your dignity as a teacher?'

In Kouta's mind, there is no problem with her teaching. However, this weak attitude makes her got belittled by her students. Instead of crying, why not be more firm and scold her pupil for sleeping?

If she do that, Kouta was sure no one dared to sleep in her class.

Unable to watch any longer, Kouta raised his hand.

"Sensei, it seems Rimu-chan didn't feel well, I'll escort her to the infirmary."

♣♣♣

 

In the infirmary, Kouta helped Rimu lay down in one of the bed.

"Thanks, Kouta. I just too sleepy back in the class." Rimu said.

"That was rare of you, did something happen?" Kouta asked.

"Well... yeah. I was staying up late yesterday..." Rimu diverted her eyes from Kouta.

Rimu kinda regretted her recklessness last night. Drawing continuously all night greatly drains her stamina. She had forgotten her body right now is still a 10 years old loli, not her adult body that could withstand overworking.

Because of that, her eyes feels heavy and her hand hurts like hell. Added with shouldering the weight of the training gibs that she wears, she was in no shape to even pick a pen.

Now that she think carefully, she still have a few days left to complete her assignment. There is no need to hurry up to burn the midnight oil2To 'burn the midnight oil' is to work late into the night.
Originally this was by the light of an oil lamp or candle. More recently, the phrase is used figuratively, alluding back its use before electric lighting.
to finish everything in one night and sacrifice her health in the process.

Rest is also important.

Kouta listened carefully to Rimu's story. He doubted his ears for a moment before looked at the girl in front of him with incredulity. Rimu is the same age as him, a 10-11 years old 5th grader elementary schooler. But, she has already thinking about making money!

Compared to her, what was he doing all this time?

Eat, syitt, game... repeat.

"So, to earn money, you stayed up all night and sacrifice your body?" Kouta asked.

Rimu rolled her eyes at Kouta's words. Why did he say it like she sold her body to get money?

"... Could you please not say misleading things? You're saying it like I did some stupid filthy job." Rimu pouted.

"I only selling my drawing, not my body... Okay?" She continued.

"Oh, sorry... I didn't intend to... Oh, she asleep."

Kouta hastily apologizes, but unfortunately Rimu was already sleeping. Not wanting to disturb her peaceful rest, Kouta quietly stood up and left the infirmary.

♣♣♣

 

Nia: "I heard something very terrifying...! Is that true, Rimu-chan? Did you really do enkou3Enjo kōsai, compensated dating. In short, prostitution.
<link>
?
          
     No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way!
     My cute Rimu-chan must not do such thing! I won't let that happen, Rimu-chan!!"

 

 

92