Chapter 730. Yasenia’s Ambition! Reaction of the Leaders.
1.7k 13 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After asking about it, the Mermaid Queen looked at Yasenia with a resolute expression, making the dragoness thoughtful. 

After she decided and understood the situation, Yasenia gambled. 

She looked at the other leaders and commented. "I've seen that the seniors are talented, but Distancia's young Heavens limit you. In fact, all of you who are gathered here have extremely high potential and talent. If you were born in a higher-level world, your current achievements would probably be incomparable to what you have now."

Yasenia secretly measured their reactions and felt what she expected: a dim but still stubborn determination to become strong was still burning deep in their eyes. Even if they were nothing but embers, they were surrounded by an inflammable ambition that could ignite at any moment. 

A person did not become a leader of a world's superpower out of luck, so they were, as Yasenia said, extremely talented persons limited by their birthplace. While there were many thoughts in her mind, she didn't lie. 

At a glance, even an average person could see that their wings were too big to be fully spread in a place like the Distancia Continent. 

When Yasenia caught that strand of yearning, she became more determined to go through with the plan that spontaneously appeared in her mind. 

Her body seemed to give an aura of grandeur as she spoke calmly but firmly. 

"I'll give the powers of this World a chance. All powers who have yet to attack the Astral Sky Clan have a chance to become part of the Astral Sky Alliance. There will be many benefits, and there will naturally be nurturing between those things a person can buy." 

The dragoness knew that these leaders were intelligent, so she didn't elaborate. Instead, she looked at them with a deep gaze as she asked. "Will you join?"

Her words were not loud, and a passerby might mistake them as Yasenia speaking about the weather. However, when they landed, it felt like they exploded with the might of a thousand bombs for these leaders. 

Nobody here was naïve or stupid. Yasenia's intentions were more than apparent. 

From a bystander perspective, the dragoness had taken one step forward. 

However, from the various leaders' perspectives, this step felt like, if it landed, it would make the very foundation of the entire world quake. 

The reason was simple: with her suggestion, Yasenia had stepped up to become a participant instead of a spectator. 

Her aim? 

It was to connect the entire World under one banner called Astral Sky Alliance. 

When Tatyana, Mirrory, and Valeria heard her, their eyes lit up with praise and admiration. 

Mirrory chuckled. 'She actually dares to do this? Impressive. Regardless of success or failure, her courage to try it is already praiseworthy.'

Tatyana smirked. 'I knew that she wouldn't be able to keep still if an opportunity presented itself. Little treasure is extremely sharp, and with the Mermaid Queen's petition, she saw a door that was previously closed briefly open. Now though… She has already placed her foot in between.'

Valeria laughed. 'Daring, I love it.' 

Meanwhile, on the leaders' side, if it were before knowing the strength of the fifty maids, they would have probably scoffed at her. Some of them might have gained hostile feelings toward Yasenia. 

However, after the small war, things changed. 

Their perspective was broadened. Yasenia had shown them that they were far from reaching the limits. 

Even the always cold and indifferent Mermaid Queen had asked Alaia for guidance, and this otherwise ordinary question made Yasenia realize the extremely deep influence she could have on these high and aloof beings. 

Yasenia saw an opportunity and latched to it with callous precision. 

From the leaders' perspective, who considered the Mermaid Queen to be one of the strongest, if she readily admitted defeat and searched for guidance, then there was no one left who could confidently oppose Yasenia in terms of resources.

What was a cultivator's aim, a cultivator's objective in life? 

It was to become stronger. Every single item a cultivator had, gained, bought, or sold was with the sole intention of gaining resources and becoming stronger. 

What did standard gold mean for a cultivator? 

What did a common but scarce material that did nothing mean for a cultivator? 

Nothing. 

A material like that was no different than a stone on the side of the road. 

Some who lacked talent and ambition might be satisfied by leading a power to become a political giant. 

However, if there was a chance to pursue strength or political power, 90℅ of the talented cultivators would choose strength. 

However, that was normal. After all, what can an Empire do if you have enough strength to flatten it with a wave of your hand? Or, what can an army do if you can slaughter thousands with each of your sword strikes? 

For a cultivator with extremely long lifespans, it was never too late to create one after reaching their limits and settling down in a place where you could reign supreme. 

That was why most sect masters were so old unless they were sect masters of hegemonic powers of a continent; they were people who had hit a bottleneck and couldn't continue advancing, so they chose to settle down.

But, in Distancia, the leaders of the strongest factions could be considered relatively young. 

They didn't even reach half of their lifespan, but their cultivation had stopped advancing. So, what could these talented cultivators do other than settle down and become leaders? There was nothing else they could do other than that. 

But now, Yasenia has appeared, and realizing all of this from the Mermaid Queen's simple words, she knew she had a chance to unite the heads of Distancia's powers. 

If she could do so, even if she could only "entangle" a third of them, it would be a massive step forward in her influence, dominance, and position in the entire world.

After all, if all the people at the helm followed her, wasn't it easy to make the rest of the world follow her lead? 

She would capture the generals so that the rest of the army would obey! 

The leaders understood Yasenia's general intentions, but instead of frowning at it, their eyes were filled with wonder and praise. 

Even the Mermaid Queen didn't realize that her casual words could lead to such development. Still, she was not angry; the Mermaid Queen smiled, her indifference melting as the snuffed-out fire within was fueled by her desire to become stronger again. 

With a firm voice, she spoke. "The mermaid race wants to become part of the alliance."

Tengliu jumped. "Hey, why are you getting ahead of me? The harpy race also accepts the deal!"

The Forest Sky Empress laughed. "It seems that things are moving in an interesting direction. The Forest Sky Empire also accepts the deal."

The heroic middle-aged man from the Golden Body Sect smiled. "A big change is occurring. How could we not join? The Nine Golden Body Sect also accepts."

Coraline and the others also nodded, making Yasenia's lips arch as her golden eyes shone. Then she spoke. "Perfect. Please don't make it public yet. I directly exposed it to you because I was confident. Try to speak to your allies with oaths to avoid spreading the ideas and see how many are agreeable. I still don't have the strength to flatten all protests, so we have to move carefully. My objective is not a World War, but a World Unification."

The dragoness saw their looks and smiled wryly. "Of course, I'm not naïve enough to think that it will happen without bloodshed. However, the fewer lives that are lost, the better." Then, Yasenia smirked and pointed upward. "My objective is opening the stifling sky so that Distancia's people can soar."

Coraline laughed. "To think that you are only 50 years old, and you are now trying to swallow an entire World under your banner. Isn't your appetite too big? You might choke if you are not careful."

The dragoness smirked and said confidently. "As a dragon, I have a good stomach, so there should not be any problems." 

Yasenia paused and then said seriously. "We've already talked about this, but I'll repeat it just in case. The human situation must improve. I know the history of Distancia is how it is, but humans are one of the most protective races of their own. They might fight with each other a lot, but if there is a place where humans are degraded, their ability to put aside grudges and attack as one is unmatched. That is one of the reasons humans, while their bloodlines are not as strong, are still one of the dominating races of the entire universe. That, and their adaptability."

The leaders became thoughtful and nodded. 

Tengliu commented. "We can't promise short-term effects, but we'll slowly integrate them into society again. However, what if a human that wants to take revenge for our past deeds appears either way?"

The dragoness shrugged and spat mercilessly. "That's karma, and you'll have to fight them off or convince them that you've changed. Of course, killing such self-righteous heroes who can't see the current state of things and focus on the past is the easiest way to deal with them. If not, they can become a large obstacle. After all, those people are convinced that they are right and everyone else is wrong, regardless of the reasons presented to them."

Then, she continued. "Still, a fool with strength is more often than not more dangerous than an intelligent person with strength. The saying explains it nicely. Against stupidity, the Heavens themselves contend in vain." 

The Devil Smashing Ape King commented with a smile. "Do you speak from experience? It sounds like so."

The dragoness shook her head. "I've read the history of many successful civilizations that perished because of a few talented individuals that thought the World was corrupt."

Tengliu blinked. "Ho? You read such things?"

Yasenia waved her arm and created a literal hill of books. "There are 103,680 books of different civilizations. I've only read 8,437 of them. But if I'm free, I do spend it reading them. It can give you a good outlook on how to manage, what to do, and what not to do while leading a group of individuals."

Then, she waved her hand again, and her spatial right enveloped those books in a soft light, absorbing them into the library in her ring. 

The leaders realized Yasenia's intelligence and wit weren't just her being born that way. She had combined effort with her natural genius to become who she is today. 

The Mermaid Queen muttered. "No wonder it feels like you have much more experience."

The dragoness smiled. "Knowledge is a power that can match individual strength if used correctly. And if those two are used simultaneously… Well, the effects are extraordinary."

They didn't doubt it. The relatively young woman before them was a real example of that. Tengliu turned toward Tatyana and smiled. "You brought her up really nicely. I don't know anything else, but you are exemplary as a mother."

Tatyana blinked and then genuinely smiled. "Thank you." Then, she continued. "If you didn't try to mentally rape her in the past, I would have liked that compliment a lot more."

Tengliu's lips twitched. "Oh, come on! I've reflected, okay? I'm not saying to forgive me, but please let me follow her. I'm an honest little bird that wants to build the nest around her!"

Tatyana nodded and teased. "I won't permanently kill you, don't worry."

Tengliu almost spat blood. "I don't know what that means, but I don't want to be 'not permanently killed'! I want to remain alive and in one piece!"

Tatyana purposely put on a troubled expression. "Hm. Okay, I'll think of another kind of punishment."

Tengliu looked at Tatyana with exasperation. "Didn't little Yasenia already decide on how to punish me?"

Tatyana smirked. "Yes. But you are not really naïve enough to think that I'll forgive you after that, right? If I don't do anything to you, I'll be uncomfortable."

Tengliu fell to her knees and accepted her fate. 

It was rare for them to see Tengliu feel defeated, so Coraline teased. "Karma is catching up to the promiscuous harpy. What a joyful day!"

Tengliu looked at Coraline and said with a deadpan. "Is it fun?"

Coraline smirked. "Very. Seeing you like this is a first." 

The other leaders internally chuckled. 

Then, Tatyana turned toward the place where the maids fought with a smile. "Now, it's time for my harvest." 

They were confused and turned to look at her. The Golden Body Sect Master asked Yasenia. "What is your mother talking about? Didn't we already collect all the spatial rings?"

Yasenia smiled. "Well, she is going to…" Suddenly, a few strands of Death energy began gathering toward Tatyana. 

The dragoness eyes shone with anticipation and quickly said. "Oh? There is no time to explain; It is starting. Just look." 

They were a bit speechless at the tail-wagging dragoness, but believing that she wasn't purposely teasing them by not saying it, they looked over and saw Tatyana calmly walking toward the place where the hundreds of thousands of corpses remained.

For some reason, as they saw those strands of energy gathering, they felt their soul quiver with a strange primal fear. 'What is she going to do?'

************************************************************

Evelyn: Oh girl, the next chapter will increase the humidity of the zone by 1000%!

Angel: I don't get it…

Evelyn: Cough, it doesn't matter. You be you, little Angel. The fact that you are still so innocent when you get plowed and creampied daily is awesome. 

Angel: W-What are you talking about!?

Author: Anyway, let's move on. I summon you!

Flagesist: Hello!

Andrea: Oh? A new person! Welcome to the Celestial Theater.

Flagesist: Thank you, Andrea… You are taller than I imagined.

Andrea: Hahaha.

Flagesist: Tatyana, I have a question for you.

Tatyana: Shoot.

Flagesist: If "Distancia Tatyana" reaches the Transcendence realm and discards her mortal body, will she be able to use [Divine Lich Empress's Body Forging] to create a new Tatyana in the future and possibly again after?

Tatyana: A, well, "Distancia Tatyana," as you call it, is already the body created by [Divine Lich Empress's Body Forging]. During Transcendence and the rest of the realms, that body won't break through similarly. It is a bit special.

Flagesist: Oh?

Tatyana: Yes. We are approaching the moment all the girls, I included, enter the fifth realm, so let's be a bit patient.

Flagesist: Sure. Thank you for answering!

Tatyana: No problem.

Author: And that's all for today! Have a nice day~.

73