Chapter 750. Contact.
1.5k 18 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With everything sorted out, the only thing left to prepare was the list of Ethereal Soul Cultivators. From the 300 slots, she reserved 70 to use at will. 

Then, for the remaining ones, Yasenia created a tournament where the top 230 would gain the ability to attend, placing 220 Peak-Level Earth rank material as a reward, and for the top 10, there would be seven low-level, two mid-level, and finally, one High-Level Heaven ranked material. 

Materials were not as valuable as equipment, but they were good enough to make everyone excited. A High-Level Heaven-Ranked material, whether a spiritual ore or an herb, was costly and rare. 

The tournament was hosted in the Astral Dragon City the month before the summit and lasted for a week. 

It was an excellent way to increase traffic in the new city and show people who didn't want to come how the city had improved. 

Remember that formations enhanced the ambient energy, so when people from all over the world arrived, they almost became green of envy toward those living here. 

The faces of those people made the inhabitants feel smug, and public opinion toward Yasenia increased by several notches. 

All in all, it was another successful action that increased Astral Sky Sect's prestige around the entire Continent. 

The Continental Shadows kept their heads down the entire time because the other top powers' leaders attended, squashing any intention of creating harm. 

Therefore, on the Wolf Main City closest to the Astral Dragon City, the Continental Shadows gathered. 

Fu Lang Zu was sitting on his chair inside one of the deepest rooms, surrounded by other leaders from the Continental Shadows. The room was spacious, and the numerous beast-human races gathered around created an exotic environment. 

The Assassin sect leader opened the conversation with his usual cold and emotionless tone. "Things are getting out of hand. Yasenia's active involvement has shaken the foundations of the continent with much more strength than we expected."

A sect master from a strong second-rate sect asked. "Can't you kill her? Although it might anger many people, I think it is better to have Yasenia gone rather than her being present. Didn't people from both the World Arbiters and Supremes join her? Without her, they will fall apart like before. Even if there is a small War, it will probably be better than whatever is accumulating right now." 

A muscular man with fins on his neck and a relatively handsome face, wearing imposing royal robes, spoke. "There is no need."

Once he spoke, all eyes gathered toward him. Fu Lang Zu lifted an eyebrow and asked with a sneer. "Oh? You are finally willing to speak, Azure? I've already lost an arm and a leg, something that wouldn't have happened if you had allowed me to act as I pleased right when I asked you to."

The man looked at him and snorted. "Don't speak so freely, Fu Lang Zu. I thought that you showed promise, but every action you took after Yasenia Dravory appeared has been nothing but pathetic and disappointing."

Fu Lang Zu roared. "Emperor Azure Abyss, don't go too far! That pathetic dragon is nothing but a small obstacle that I can squash whenever I want!" 

Emperor Azure Abyss looked at him with cold and muddy eyes. "There is no need for you to step out anymore." Then, looking toward the doors, he spoke. "You can enter."

Everyone was confused.

The doors opened with a loud bang, and a tall man with reddish skin and a pair of curved horns stepped forward, followed by another five creatures very different from himself but looking from the same race, as every one of them had six pairs of fleshy wings. 

All of them had horns, colored skin, wings, and a profound aura that put pressure on everyone gathered there. Some of them had animal features, adding to their uniqueness. 

"Emperor of the Ocean Chasm Empire, you made us wait too long."

The leader of the group radiated a natural heat, reaching up to 3 meters in height, and the aura around him was extremely tyrannical. 

Fu Lang Zu's face hardened, feeling extreme danger from him. "Who are you?"

The man turned his head toward him and smiled toothily. "Demons."

Meanwhile, the Holy Beast Emperor was sitting in his throne room, looking at the six people before him with a stern expression.

The man at the lead had a profound aura and a serene expression. His facial features were finely crafted and masculine, as the twelve blue-feathered wings at his back glowed with an otherworldly aura. "Leader of the Holy Beast Empire, don't look at us that way. We are here to talk, and we want to avoid conflicts if possible." 

His deep and soothing voice was pleasant to the ears. 

The Holy Beast Emperor smiled lightly, but there was a hint of disdain in his tone. "Even if you say that, you are demanding all of our high-level cultivation techniques." 

The man facing him smiled. "This place is really backward, so we don't blame the Emperor. Many beings are proud of being the leaders of their world. It is, after all, a fine accomplishment. However, for us, Divines, we would only need to tell one of our seniors, and before you could react, this World would disappear." 

The woman by the Holy Beast Emperor's side, the Empress of the Holy Beast Empire, sneered. "Is that a threat?"

The man laughed. "Not at all. Just an objective evaluation of the situation you are currently entering." He continued. "We are being quite generous by only asking for your strongest cultivation methods to protect this kind of backward world. We would usually demand 80% of the resources that come from this World." 

The Holy Beast Emperor patted the hand of his Empress to signal her not to speak. "What if we are already in a cooperative situation with an otherworldly power?"

The woman by the man from the Divine race crossed her arms and snorted. "My senior brother is being kind and respectful, but you are showing extremely rude behavior! What is there to fear? Would they even dare face us, Divines? As long as they are not ignorant, they will take a step back like all creatures do before us!" 

"Auriel."

The woman pouted, her twelve blue and white wings flapping in protest. "But, Senior Brother Selioranis, they are being disrespectful!" 

The man patted her head and smiled. "They are ignorant people, so we must not blame them for their disrespect. As Divines, we carry justice. Moreover, Demons have already arrived in this World. Even if they don't accept now, they will come back later begging for us to save them from those foul creatures."

He spoke aloud, not bothering to hide his words, which made the Holy Beast Emperor internally angry. However, he didn't act on it, as he was accustomed to being taken advantage of by aliens. 'At least Tatyana's offers have proven not to be as invasive as the ones of these people… Moreover…'

He felt their auras and frowned. 'I don't like how they smell.' 

A dragon man, he was quite sharp, and he could sniff out the arrogance behind their gentle smiles. 

"Regardless, your conditions are too much. We decline."

The blue-haired, blue-feathered man put on a troubled expression. "I see… The next time we come, we won't offer such good conditions, though. Are you sure?" 

The Holy Beast Emperor nodded, making Auriel burst into anger. "Ungrateful half-lizard! Not even true dragons dare oppose us, and you are arrogant enough to go against us!?"

The guards at the side burst forth with tremendous auras, unsheathing their weapons. "BOLD!" 

Auriel looked around with an angry face. "You dare face me!? Insolent creatures!" 

Then, she released her own aura. 

BOOOM!

The space around her shook terribly, pushing back all the guards against the walls and creating cracks along the entire throne room. 

Her aura felt as if a giant had descended, making everyone feel like a giant mountain was resting on their backs.

The Holy Beast Empress's face hardened. 'Peak Level Epoch Core!?' 

Even the Holy Beast Emperor's face became serious.

Naturally, they weren't Body Cultivators, but the signals were those of a peak-level Fifth realm cultivator. Moreover, a very strong one at that. 

A woman with blonde, silver hair, six silver wings, and six golden wings hugged Auriel's arm. "Big sister, don't get mad." 

Auriel relaxed her aura and looked at the woman hugging her arm. Then, she protested while looking at the man. "Hmph, Senior Brother Selioranis, let's participate in whatever summit thing we heard about in the past and show them the difference between us. Junior Sister Wyrin and her friends can participate. If we stomp everyone, they might gain some reason in their rotten brains."

The man laughed softly. "Okay. Let's do that. What do you say, Wyrin?" 

The half-golden, half-silver feathered woman smiled gently. "Sure. We can do that. We've come out to training other than searching that treasure, after all." 

Then, Selioranis looked at the emperor and smiled. "I hope you are still as arrogant as now the next time we see each other." 

With a flash of light, the six feathered-winged beings disappeared. 

The guards at the side slowly stood up, their bodies hurting, and they fell to their knees. The Royal Guard Leader, Monarch Beastmaster, exclaimed. "Emperor, we were useless. Please punish us!" 

The Holy Beast Emperor waved his hand. "Stand up and send a letter to the Astral Sky Clan. Things are getting more complicated faster than we anticipated." 

Meanwhile, in a cave found in the middle of a large desert, another group of six appeared. They were all humans.

Once they entered the cave and went to the large and extravagant "altar" in the middle, their eyebrows got increasingly tangled. One man spoke. "Senior Sister An, are you sure that this is the strongest independent human power of the continent?"

The beautiful woman looking at the compass nodded with a troubled expression. Their spiritual senses only caught one Dantian Spiritualization Realm cultivator. Moreover, this woman was only a level three Dantian Spiritualization woman.

Once they entered the altar, ignoring all the weak humans guarding it, they walked through a few passages and reached an open room.

There, they saw a beautiful woman wearing a semi-transparent white dress, looking up with a pious expression as a constant trickle of blood fell on her semi-exposed chest. 

Complex blood auras and energy torrents constantly rushed at her, increasing her cultivation at breakneck speeds. 

The woman moved her eyes and looked at them. "Oh, new believers. Have you come to prostrate yourselves before I, Tang Xian, and bath in the blood of the Beast Human sinners of the world?" 

One of the men looked on with a strange expression. "Even if this scene is arousing… I think she is crazy."

An Meiling, the leader of this group, sighed. "After not seeing many humans around this world, I knew that our race's situation would be bad, but…" Looking around, she didn't finish her words. 

The man at her side asked. "So? What do we do? That woman has fallen into the Demonic Path head first. Quite a rare thing for a Fate-attributed cultivator, to be honest." 

Another man muttered. "I mean, I can feel that her breakthroughs are happening extremely quickly. Her strength gain is unreliably fast. While she might reach the peak of Dantian Spiritualization in not many years, with her foundation, overcoming the Transcendent Realm Heavenly Tribulation might be impossible." 

While they discussed, An Meiling looked at the woman looking at them with tranquil eyes that hid pure madness and pondered. "Tang Xian, right?"

Tang Xian laughed. "You can call me Holy Daughter. I'm the one to inherit the almighty Tang Family of the Sky Continent and also the woman who was tasked by the heavens to eliminate all the filth in this sinful world! We, humans, should become the strongest race!" 

An Meiling's eyes flashed. 'Sky Continent?' She got thoughtful for a while. 

Tang Xian looked at the men behind An Meiling with a pure smile as the constant stream of blood tainted her chest and garments. "Such vigorous males! I hope you can impregnate a few of the females in the Holy City." 

An Meiling's lips twitched and asked. "Are there any other human settlements?" 

Tang Xian put on a melancholic expression. "There aren't. We are the last bastion. The hands of the sinners taint those who exist outside our sacred grounds! Only we can repopulate the World and make humans prosper again." Then, she smiled softly. "With the arrival of you six, this process will be faster." 

The six humans looked at Tang Xian's stomach, but they didn't feel any life. An Meiling asked, sneering. "And you won't participate yourself?"

Tang Xian shouted with a twisted face. "IMPOSSIBLE! How could a sacred being like myself be contaminated by lowly seed!?" Her face relaxed as she smiled again. "Only a perfect human male is worthy of impregnating me to give birth to the hero of the human race that will liberate everything!" 

An Meiling sighed, and the man by her side asked. "What do we do, senior sister? Although our sect doesn't hunt down demonic cultivators aggressively, we lean more toward the righteous faction. Should we deal with this crazy woman and search for another group of humans?"

An Meiling looked at the compass and commented. "This is the first human encampment we've seen that it wasn't a breeding spot… Let's not test our luck. We've already killed quite a few beast humans, and creating more chaos might be detrimental. We are only six, after all. Moreover, if she is truly from the Sky Continent, she is from a senior World compared to ours. We might receive rewards if we return her to her family, as she probably isn't here because of her will. Therefore, let's stay here."

One of the females of the group laughed. "Senior Sister is as intelligent as always. She can see everything quite clearly." 

An Meiling laughed and added. "Also, move all the humans we've saved here. While this woman is a bit crazy, I can feel that she is honest in her intent to save humans. Her values are twisted, but they align with ours. For now, that's enough for us to ally with her."

The others nodded, and An Meiling asked. "Junior Brother Ou, have you sent news back about the slavery that's taking place here?" 

The man patted his chest. "It's done. It should arrive in a few years. Coming here was already resource-consuming, so sending anything back is quite complicated. However, I sent the coordinates with a red mark, so there should be a few seniors that come later."

An Meiling nodded. "Right, we must create a human bastion until our seniors arrive. Seeing such savagery toward humans is quite rare, to be honest." 

An Meiling looked at Tang Xian deeply and smiled. "Tang Xian, you want to become a savior, right?"

Seeing Tang Xian's eyes lighting up, An Meiling's lips arched further. "I have a way." 

68