Chapter 351. Different Worlds.
2.8k 20 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After crossing the clouds, they could finally see the terrain. They were in the middle of a forest area. Looking toward the horizon, they failed to see a town or a city.

Angel blinked and frowned, "I don't recognize this place."

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "If you did, it would be strange. Don't tell me that you would know if we are in the Sky Continent or not from just a forest. Moreover, after Mirrory explained it, it is clear that this is not the Sky Continent."

Andrea frowned and asked, curious. "How do our places differ? I mean, Mirrory, you said that we are in another World. But what do you mean by that?"

Mirrory manifested her body. The red-haired, well-endowed woman appeared, carrying with her a fiery dress.

She looked toward the ground, and since they still had some time until they fell, she didn't mind explaining some things. "Well, our Universe is separated into various dimensions or worlds. Normally, these worlds are planes of existence with a Sun, a Moon, and many stars. Since most creatures' living conditions are similar, it is quite uncommon for the World not to follow that main structure."

Valeria also appeared and sat behind Kali. Then, she added, "There are creatures that have adapted to other more extreme environments, but it is quite rare. Therefore, they are an exception and not the rule."

They nodded in understanding. Mirrory continued explaining, "From what I've learned about the Sky Continent, it is a mid-level World. The worlds are qualified in various manners, but normally, the most important thing is the inhabitants' strength."

Kali asked, "How did you learn about it?"

Mirrory said matter-of-factly. "I've read all of Angel's memories, so I know what kind of place it is... Well, I know it as thoroughly as Angel does."

Yasenia chuckled. "All of them?"

Mirrory gave her a side eye and nodded. "All of them, any problem with that?" Yasenia shook her head and motioned her to go ahead with her explanation.

Mirrory continued. "Well, you are still too weak to learn about these things. So unless an event that requires this knowledge occurs, I will not go into detail. The thing you must know now is that you are very, very, far away from the Sky Continent. Traveling between Worlds or Dimensions is very costly."

They became thoughtful. Then, Andrea asked. "How does this place compare to the Sky Continent?"

Mirrory shrugged. "I don't know. I also don't recognize this place."

They frowned. However, Valeria said. "That's a good thing, children."

Cecile asked. "How so?"

Yasenia got enlightened and said. "Right. Since you don't recognize it, it should be quite a new World, so the cultivators' strength here should not be too high."

Mirrory clicked her tongue. "So annoying. Can you be a little more stupid?"

Yasenia smirked. "I think it was quite obvious. A good teacher always explains things in such a manner that the student can guess the rest by themselves."

Mirrory's lips quirked, and she said. "At least your mouth is sweet."

Suddenly, Sierra communicated, "G-girls, although I don't mind speaking about this. Can we do it after landing? We are almost on the ground!"

Yasenia chuckled and said, "Sierra, haven't you noticed that we haven't been accelerating for a while? We aren't falling that fast."

Sierra blinked twice and asked, "Did you do something?"

Evelyn said, "It is because the air pushes you up while you fall. You can't accelerate unless you use energy or become more aerodynamic."

Ebirah was clutching tightly to Andrea's back. However, after hearing that, she asked cautiously. "We won't be accelerating anymore?"

Andrea shook her head, "We won't. You will fall even slower if we go outside Sierra's back. Sierra is very heavy compared to us, so she will fall faster than us. However, since we are on her back, we are falling as fast as her because her body is blocking the air for us."

Ebirah looked toward the ground and felt that it really wasn't that fast. Therefore, she complained, "That's not fun! I want to fall faster!"

Andrea smirked, "Are you sure?"

The lobster princess nodded confidently. "Ye-AHHHHH!" Not knowing that Andrea would grab onto her and use energy to accelerate toward the ground.

Evelyn chuckled, "Look at them go!"

Angel commented. "I didn't know lobsters could scream like that."

The others laughed as Ebirah's scream echoed.

Sierra asked with concern, "Will they be okay?"

Evelyn's smile became bad, "Do you want to try and know the answer?"

Sierra tucked her tail between her legs, somewhat feeling that something bad was about to happen. "I-I'm okay. You don't have to-AHHHHH!"

Evelyn used an energy shield to avoid air resistance below Sierra, and they accelerated abruptly.

With a lobster princess and a giant Wolf Queen shouting for their dear life, the group arrived at the ground faster.

*Boom!* *Boom!*

Two explosions echoed in the surroundings, making some birds on the trees fly away. Some of the animals in the surroundings were alerted by the explosion and looked up cautiously.

From the craters, a wobbling giant wolf walked out, her four legs still shaking because of the scare. Evelyn was laughing and rolling about on top of her head. Sierra felt annoyed and dropped her from her head. Then, while Evelyn was midair, she smacked her with the fluffy white tail.

*Bang!*

Yasenia blinked, "Did I infect her?"

Cecile said with her cold and indifferent tone. "Evelyn is soon going to learn to fly."

Kali chuckled softly.

From the other crater, Andrea walked out with a bubble-spitting lobster with spinning eyes between her arms.

Evelyn returned from the place where she landed and had an annoying smirk on her lips. Annoyed that she felt like she had lost some respect, the Wolf Queen summoned a lightning bolt and struck Evelyn.

*Bang!*

"Don't do that again; I thought I was going to die."

Evelyn absorbed the lightning bolt and pandered to her, "Oh~ Come on~ It was a harmless joke!"

Sierra snorted, but internally she was sighing. "Whatever, where are we?"

Meanwhile, Andrea was calming the angry princess. "I'm going to tell my daddy what you did! You are trying to murder me!"

Andrea, of course, acted accordingly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You are right, little Ebirah."

"How could you do something like that to a royal princess! I-I'm telling you, mom and dad will scold you!"

Andrea didn't know whether to laugh or cry, "Please, miss princess. If you tell them something like that, it will become even harder for us to keep being together."

Ebirah snorted and climbed on Andrea's back again. Then, she said. "Hum, you shall carry this princess as punishment!"

Angel chuckled, "You are so cute, little Ebirah!"

Ebirah turned her head, but it was clear that she was happy with the compliment. Ebirah stuttered, "D-Don't think that praising me will make things better!"

Andrea looked over her shoulder and petted her between the eyes, "What if I pet you? Will you forgive me?"

Ebirah made some strange lobster noises and let herself be caressed by Andrea. The others thought, 'Ah... She forgave her.'

Yasenia took a deep breath and commented, "The energy quality is nice and refreshing."

The others blinked and absorbed some of the energy. Kali commented, "Wow, it feels so pure. Why is that?"

Valeria smirked. "Well, Yasenia's guess is correct. This World is quite recent. I bet it doesn't have a cultivation history longer than 200.000 years."

Angel exclaimed, "So short! Even mommy Tatyana is ol-more experienced than that!"

They looked at Angel strangely because that change of phrase felt unnatural. However, looking at Angel's twitching lips, they didn't give it more thought and continued observing their surroundings.

Cecile asked, "Do you think that all the people of the Secret Realm landed here?"

Mirrory shook her head. "The trap the Demon placed seems to be something that made all of you land on a random spot in the Universe. A simple yet effective trap. Moreover, just the raw spatial travel will be enough to kill more than ninety percent of the juniors that entered. Only the strong half-steps and Unification Realm juniors should've survived the journey."

Evelyn frowned. "That's unlucky."

Mirrory shook her head. "To be honest, we were lucky. Imagine landing on an unhabitable planet. Or worse, a planet without energy. Or something even worse than that."

Andrea thought and asked. "Couldn't they've done something more drastic?"

Mirrory shook her head. "If they messed too much with the portal, there was a chance that the guardian would attack. That person who guarded the portal could instantly kill Tatyana even though it was just a soul strand."

Yasenia asked something that bothered her. "If that person was so strong, weren't the treasures a little... Lackluster?"

Mirrory rolled her eyes. "The fact that Jing Jing's legacy was in there was strange. People as strong as him would create various Secret Realms to spread their legacy as far as possible. Moreover, that inheritance alone is enough to make it extremely valuable."

They nodded. The inheritance of a Saint was literally the only one in the Universe as far as they were aware. Moreover, Mirrory has shown her strength in the portal. Not even the Celestial Energy that Yasenia has gathered until now can rival what Angel can summon of her body.

Mirrory sighed. "Maybe he knew that Angel or someone worthy of it would appear in the future. Who knows. He was quite a crazy old man."

Angel asked. "Did you know him?"

Mirrory shook her head. "I did, but at the same time, I did not. I think that he ended up dying because of old wounds or something. He was quite a free-spirited person who roams the stars. He even helped me and Jing Jing create the inheritance ritual."

They nodded and didn't ask anymore.

Valeria said. "I've been asking the plants around here, and they know that there are cities and towns if we go north."

They all nodded and began traversing the forest slowly. Andrea smiled and said. "Well, we don't have any haste, so let's take it slow. It feels nice not to feel the need to run around as if something is chasing behind us."

Yasenia corrected her, "Sorry, darling. But remember that we can't slack too much. We need to become stronger to help Mom in the future."

Evelyn nodded and approached with a pervy smile. "You are right, my love. How about we don't slack anymore and do a little bit of hip exercise?"

Yasenia was speechless. "Is your sense of security screwed or something? How could we do that in the middle of nowhere and in a place where we don't know the dangers around us?"

Evelyn snorted and sat on her back. "My sense of security is not screwed. But I really want you to screw me!"

Yasenia promised. "When we can get a place to stay, like an inn or something, we'll definitely do it."

Evelyn hugged Yasenia's neck and looked at her right eye. "Really? No more delaying?"

Yasenia nodded. "No more delaying. When have I lied to you, my love?"

Evelyn smiled and kissed her cheek. "Okay, I'll believe you."

Yasenia smiled and turned her head to give her a lick.

Yasenia decided to release a strand of her aura to scare predators and other animals. Thanks to that, their journey was uneventful, and they didn't even encounter beasts.

After running through the forest at a moderate speed for almost eight hours, something similar to a city appeared in their view.

A new arc begins! It has been a while since I said this, so don't mind me~. If you liked the novel, don't forget to share it or leave behind a review! You know, spreading the name of my novel so that we have more people~.

Much love, Mortrexo.

101