Chapter 450. Setting off toward the Auction house. The City Lord’s frustrations.
2.1k 18 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ghana looked over the treasures over and over again, trying to verify that her eyes weren't doing tricks on her.

Not to mention her, most harpies were petrified after seeing such a treasury.

Yasenia chuckled and smiled. "These treasures, pills, and materials will be auctioned in the upcoming Brilliant Auction house event. They are all items created by people of my Clan back at home. Naturally, one of your current leaders can recreate everything you see here. I chose it on purpose so that people don't think we are just a bunch of wealthy spendthrifts."

Yasenia looked at their expression and smiled, satisfied. "I think it will be enough to sustain us for a while and avoid trouble before we start making profitable business, right? What do you all think?"

They looked at the calmly smiling dragoness and didn't know how to react. 'Not even some top sects have these many Heaven-ranked treasures! And she wants to sell them!? Who the Hell is this person!?'

However, more than surprise, all the harpies here felt relief and excitement. 'Thankfully, I've not been stupid and followed Lady Yasenia through her tests. Her reserves must be immeasurable if she can put so many treasures to auction without looking hurt.'

Yasenia didn't directly tell them this was a relatively tiny part of her wealth. Being too rich attracted trouble, after all.

However, Angel's progress in Long Baidi's ring was almost unlocked.

These one hundred heaven-ranked treasures were not even comparable to a tenth of the value of the things inside Long Baidi's spatial ring.

The girls had spotted hundreds of Heaven-grade materials, items, pills, cultivation methods, and other miscellaneous things. Earth-grade materials were even more numerous.

Most likely, Long Baidi was used to keeping everything with him, which backfired once he lost it to Yasenia.

'How are they doing?' Yasenia was curious, but she didn't delve much into it. She still couldn't relax and had to plan things for her clan.

Yasenia allowed them to feast their eyes on these powerful treasures for a while. Some came forward under Yasenia's encouragement and analyzed the items.

Ghana was attracted by a high-level whip between them and looked extremely reluctant that Yasenia was going to sell it.

Yasenia asked her. "Do you want that whip?"

Ghana was startled, but then she smiled and shook her head. "You've said these items are replicable, so I rather wait for Lady Andrea to create one and buy it myself with points."

Yasenia smiled. "You are answering as if I were going to give it to you for free."

Ghana realized and blushed. "Sorry, Matriarch. I've received so many good things from you that I was jumping to conclusions before you finished."

Yasenia chuckled and looked at them. "These items are something that will be in the item shop of our Clan in the future. To buy these things, the currency won't be Parus, but Astral Points."

"Astral Points will be gained monthly depending on your position in the clan. Extra achievements, work, and benefits you bring to the Clan will also give you Astral Points. We'll also give a fixed Parus Monthly allowance, but that money is more for all of you to be able to buy things outside."

"Rewards will be divided into many levels, and the management team will also open a mission center. In this place, any person from the Clan can post a mission, and others can accept it and complete it. The exchange coin can be Parus, Astral Points, or both."

"I won't accept favors as payment options since they are unreliable. Of course, this is a formality. You can try to loophole around it and create a mission with one Astral Point as a reward and then pay a favor privately. But I hope you'll do those kinds of transactions outside the mission center and reach out privately to those people for whatever you want."

They all understood the gist of it and found it interesting. Yasenia lifted an eyebrow and commented. "There will be penalties for no completion or failure in doing the mission or because the mission set rewards are not up to standards. Be careful and be fair when giving rewards and choosing missions. You can set time limits, conditions, minimum strength, minimum knowledge, and many other things to make it easier for others to know what you are asking for."

"Yes, Matriarch!"

Yasenia and Kali waved their hand, and all the treasures and the table were sucked into the ring again.

They all looked at Yasenia's ring and wondered what kind of wonders it held. Yasenia leaked a strand of her [Empyrean Dragon Authority], making those curious eyes widen in fear.

Yasenia knew they didn't have evil intentions, but reminding them of whom the ring belonged to would snuff out any potential future trouble. After all, some people got increasingly courageous as they thought things through and created a perfect fantasy of success in their heads.

Cutting the grass by its roots was a worthwhile prevention.

Yasenia kept observing and saw that there weren't any greedy eyes in the multitude. The eyes mainly carried excitement, curiosity, expectation, and a hint of fear after the strand of her aura.

Yasenia stopped pressuring them and smiled. "I've decided to go to the Auction House today. The day for the Brilliant Auction event is a few weeks from now, so I want to inform the Brilliant House of the merchandise so they can market this event further and gather the most clients they can."

"The more this notice spreads, the higher the benefits since powers will fight for the treasures. I'm still unfamiliar with Koran City, so I wanted to ask this. Can any of you guide us there without problems and allow us to see a higher-up directly? I can accept if you have deeper connections with this Auction house or a better one. When you volunteer yourselves, keep in mind that I want to sell these items as fast and profitably as possible."

Yasenia saw five harpies lifting their winged arms; Ghana was between them.

After waiting ten seconds, nobody else lifted their wing. "You five step forward and out of the group."

They obeyed her orders, and the dragoness spoke. "Speak between all of you and see who has the best connections and way for us to meet with influential people in the Auction as fast as possible. We'll pick that one to lead the others when we are outside and be the main speaker."

They looked at each other and discussed for a while. Yasenia listened to their conversation and learned more or less who were the better-rooted ones in Koran City.

Finally, a middle-aged harpy woman of similar age to Ghana stepped forward. "Lady Yasenia, I'm Hanna from the management group. I had the privilege of accompanying Lady Tatyana when she went to negotiate. I'm the better option for this task, closely followed by sister Ghana."

Yasenia nodded and looked at Ghana. "I have other assignments for you. Although the harpies are good soldiers, they are not resilient enough. I want you to hire a tribe or race with good innate combat power. Flanna's giant four-armed race is a good example, but it would be best and more convenient if they have a similar height to us."

Yasenia crossed her arms under her abundant bosom, highlighting the volume, and said thoughtfully. "Speaking of that woman, it would be good if you could speak with her and try to convince her to join us. I don't know if she will accept, but the previous gifts I gave her should help with the recruitment."

Ghana nodded. "Leave it to us, Lady Yasenia. Their race has powerful bodies and strong vitality. The only difficulty for them is their slow cultivation. If the Matriarch has something to aid them, they will gladly work for you. However, I must warn you that they are a very stubborn clan. The only reason they've fallen so much is that a first-class power wanted to recruit them by force, and they fought back until now they are considered a third-rate race."

Yasenia and the girls were surprised. "So stubborn? Do they rather lose all their people that submit?"

Ghana smiled helplessly. "That seems to be the case, so don't get your expectations high, Lady Yasenia."

Yasenia nodded. "Try your best. If there is no luck, it's not a big problem. Regardless, you'll have to work on this once we return. The Brilliant Auction is more important."

Without further ado, Yasenia led the group outside.

Yasenia moved, and many harpies left the mansion to take their personal belongings, speak with their contacts, families, and clans, and spread the news about the upcoming auction.

Although three-hundred people didn't seem much, many of these women had deep connections with people in power. Ghana didn't hand-pick them at random, after all.

Yasenia would later send a letter to the five Elders and the City Lord. Although the City Lord was not exactly an ally, they were not complete enemies. Moreover, she would be happy to grab his wealth via this auction.

Speaking of which, the City Lord was very upset about Ghana's departure.

Yet, he didn't and couldn't do anything about it.

It was true that Ghana was important, and she was a talent that any power would hurt losing.

Nevertheless, Ghana had always left a backdoor for herself, not to speak about Yasenia and his contract.

She had sent a message to the main power of her race the second our intelligent harpy left the City Lord's power. The Matriarch of the Harpies knew about Ghana since she had taken part in her upbringing.

She was sent to such a remote place to see if Ghana had a lucky encounter to increase her cultivation talent and protect her from assassination attempts.

Moreover, this letter had many instances where Ghana was slighted and the reason for her departure.

It was clear that the Harpy Matriarch would not be too happy with the wolf race in a bit. Not to mention, [Storm Feathered Harpy] was part of the thirty-three clans, and the position was not low, being at the tenth strength-wise.

Koran City was not even a central city, so the chances of the leaders deciding to intervene were minimal.

In short, retaliation from the City Lord would only happen if Fu Hao's cables somehow short-circuited and decided to go nuts. Otherwise, with Ghana's preparations, Fu Hao could only grit his teeth and let the harpy go unpunished.

The news he will shortly receive about Astral Sky Clan's participation in the Auction with many treasures would also tie his hands and limbs.

After showing such strength, the powers would likely take a wait-and-see approach. This was common in the cultivation world since time was very different for cultivators.

In a mortal society, a person might leave a power unchecked for a year because the chances to make large advances in such a short time frame were negligible.

In a cultivation world where top powerhouses live for thousands of years, waiting ten or twenty years was not unusual.

Unless Yasenia made a very obvious and exceptional movement, she had a high chance of being under the radar.

79