Chapter 476. The Hem of a Dress, The Border of the Abyss.
2k 6 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evelyn finished cleaning the woman and used an ointment shared with her from Kali to make the wounds on her disappear. The effectiveness was naturally magical compared to any mortal solution, and her body utterly lacked bruises in just five minutes.

From the sorry look she had before, the woman looked much more decent and beautiful after the treatment.

The face was still the same emotionless one, but as the strange feeling named 'relief' filled her whole body, her dead eyes had a tiny light in them.

Evelyn couldn't help but appreciate the slowly increasing beauty of this woman. 'Very tragic… Now that I think about it, after I return her, she will go back to whatever place she was in, right?'

Evelyn debated for a moment if cleaning and making her look so beautiful was a good idea. However, she was here to win a competition and couldn't slack. 'Well, I'll think about it after.'

Evelyn turned around and stopped looking at the naked, curvy woman.

She observed the wool and other materials on the wide wooden table and pondered what to create. 'I need to create a magic-level dress. That's quite easy. What kind of dress should I knit? Maybe, something that relaxes the mind when worn? This can be an exciting challenge. My objective will be to make this woman react!'

Evelyn nodded with a smile and picked the threads and scissors.

Then she took out her needles and thread and began working. The first and most time-consuming step was weaving the fabric of the dress.

With deft and quick hands and fingers, Evelyn sat on a chair and began producing the fabric.

After the first slower strokes, her hand speed increased exponentially. She also used a few products to thin out the fabric and add strength and quality to it.

The process was complex and interesting to watch.

After almost twenty minutes, Evelyn had a four-times-four-meter fabric. This amount of material was enough to create multiple dresses.

Evelyn wanted to create an outstanding one this time and was motivated, so if the first one didn't work, she didn't have to weave more fabric.

"Look at the fabric made by the human. It looks soft and wavy as if it would melt with the wind."

"Yeah, it is of a gorgeous blue that makes me remember a sapphire."

"I wonder what kind of dress she will create?"

Evelyn waved her hand and took out her own needles to sew the dress instead of using the lent ones. The many people that had ignored her changed their gazing direction right then.

Many eyes gravitated toward the needles that appeared to suck in the surrounding energy as they were beautifully held in Evelyn's hand.

"My heavens, what kind of tailoring needles are those?"

"Aren't they Earth ranked?"

"A human with an Earth-ranked treasure? That's a first!"

"You bunch of blind people, there is no way that presence is from an Earth-ranked treasure! They are Heaven ranked."

"Heaven ranked!?"

Many tailors stopped their work and looked at Evelyn with wide-eyed expressions. The gazes took no time to change from surprised to greedy.

'Why has a human something like that!? Such a waste!'

Evelyn stopped and looked around with a raised eyebrow. 'Are these people stupid? They wouldn't do anything silly for a set of needles, right?'

Evelyn sneered. 'Even if they are, these are part of Tatyana's present to all of us when welcoming us as a mother-in-law, so you can dream of obtaining them.'

"Human, what are those needles? They look so powerful. Lend them to me for a while, and I'll return them after the competition."

A beast human sitting nearby commented with his eyes locked on the needles. Evelyn spoke coldly without stopping her movements. "Have you forgotten the bunny woman's end already? How about you try to take them from me and see if they don't end up inside the body of someone."

Evelyn then said aloud for the arena to hear her. "My tools are my master's. I recommend not being greedy if you don't want to lose your life. I would rather die fighting for the items she gave me than lose them, so you better check if your life is more precious than these needles before coming at me!"

Everyone froze in place as some electricity crackled around Evelyn with substantial pressure. Then, our violet-eyed woman returned to working on her dress.

The tiger man in the Epoch Core Body Realm laughed aloud. "I like this human! Very bold!"

Elder Mao and the others were also impressed. "Lady Yasenia's slaves are exceptional. They don't back down to provocation, and their aura is exceptional."

Yasenia nodded noncommittally and listened to the conversation around her.

"Do you think that slave can use those needles?"

"Bah, I bet she will be slapped in the face for being so arrogant."

"She even dared to speak like that. Her life won't be long."

"Yeah, she will offend someone she can't afford to in the future."

However, the voices around the stadium gradually lowered as they saw Evelyn's hands move fluidly.

After cutting the fabric, the blue threads knitted every part like water weaving between rocks.

Evelyn's hands didn't waste a single movement, and the aura around Evelyn was profound.

The dress slowly took shape under their eyes as the energy around swirled around Evelyn without gathering toward the skirt. If it moved like that, it would signify that a Heaven-ranked treasure was being created.

Even then, the slight energy movement hinted that it would reach Earth Rank. Creating an Earth-rank treasure with low-level materials was a phenomenon only thirty or so out of the hundreds participating were emulating.

This meant that Evelyn's skill was in the top bracket of the competition, which made many who just made fun of Evelyn feel like something slapped their faces quite brutally.

Even then, many couldn't look away as a beautiful off-shoulder blue dress slowly materialized.

Of course, Evelyn wasn't the only exceptional Tailor. However, being a human made it much more impactful for beast humans.

Our girl didn't only create the shape but also a few embellishments to accompany it, like frills, a ribbon for the back, and a beautiful pair of elbow-length evening gloves.

Her speed was magical as the dress slowly materialized before their very eyes.

Evelyn had finished the dress by the time only ten minutes were left for the competition.

She was satisfied after looking at her work slowly absorbing the energy in the surroundings, an event that happened for Earth-ranked treasures and above.

Do not confuse energy absorption while creating and after creating it. If it happened while making it, the result would be predictable to become Heaven-ranked.

Evelyn then turned toward the naked human woman and saw that she had stayed in position without moving, making Evelyn sigh.

Evelyn didn't observe that her eyes had moved and were looking at her, something that hadn't happened before.

Those dead eyes seemed to be filled with the blue dress and its accessories.

Evelyn was beside the dress, so she didn't notice and thought the woman was just looking in her direction.

She picked up the dress and everything else and smiled. "I've created this dress for you, girl. I hope you like it. It is made from [Warm Water Threads] and mixed in [Pure Ocean Tears]. There are a few more items, but those two are the main ones. The dress will help you relax, so let's put it on quickly, yeah?"

Slowly, Evelyn moved the woman around and helped her put on everything.

The woman was wearing clothes for the first time in who knows how many years. The feeling of the fabric softly caressing her skin and the cool and relaxing material making her feel refreshed was like a wave of sensations for her.

She didn't know that contact with another being could be this soft, she didn't know that contact with another person could make the heart feel so calm, and she didn't know what these sensations were.

When the woman felt the soft material gently wrapping around her body as a soothing feeling washed her, her lifeless eyes flickered, and she registered the face before her.

Her eyes could only observe the blue-haired, violet-eyed, smiling woman who was helping her dress up for the first time since she was a child.

Her arms wore gloves, which fitted her perfectly, and her bare neck was tied with a small ribbon. Evelyn looked into the woman's lifeless eyes and smiled. "You look really good in the dress. It would be best if you could smile but… Well, that's impossible."

Evelyn had already changed from her previous super average and common self to a little bit of a pretty face. She wasn't a super beauty by any means, but for the woman, her face was similar to a goddess's face swooping down to embrace her in a warm embrace.

She saw the pretty face with unforgettable violet eyes and electric blue hair separating. Then, the goddess stepped back to observe her up and down and commented with a smile. "Yup, this dress looks beautiful on you."

'D…r…ess?'

The woman looked down and saw a gorgeous off-shoulder blue dress covering her body. It fell into her eyes like the waves of an ocean she had never seen, like the flow of a river she didn't know existed, and like the surface of the lake she had never discovered.

So beautiful and spotless.

Evelyn expected a reaction. Sadly, the woman looked as lost as before.

Evelyn sighed again. 'She is too far gone. If she had any reaction after wearing this dress, I could've convinced Yasenia to take you in. But being like you are… It's the same as a soulless puppet.'

Evelyn turned around, intending to tidy up her things.

The woman saw this unknown goddess turning around and felt that if she didn't do anything, all that waited for her was where light didn't reach.

Evelyn was about to take her second step when she felt something grabbing the hem of her robes. 'Huh?'

Evelyn turned her head with surprise and found the person she thought was figuratively dead was grabbing her dress and looking at her directly. 'No way, did she really react?'

The observing people raised their eyebrows, and many were surprised. "Huh? That thing moved?"

"I thought it was like those unmoving ones in the slave houses."

"Interesting. Does that dress have something that made her move?"

"We've been surprised by that human a few times, hahaha. Interesting! I would love to buy her."

First, Evelyn's defiance toward a beast human. Then, her strength. Next, the slave's beauty after wearing the dress. Finally, the fact that she stretched her hand and grabbed Evelyn's robe.

Each even made all of them feel very interested in her.

Evelyn spoke to her softly. "How does the dress feel? Don't worry. I'm not leaving. I was just going to tidy up my workplace."

The woman just kept her grip and nothing more, looking at Evelyn directly.

Evelyn sighed and turned around to look at Yasenia.

What will Yasenia do?

76