Chapter 655. Legendary Core Earth Serpent vs Yasenia’s Group. (2)
1.5k 8 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the collision of giants, the serpent became enraged and hissed loudly, charging back toward our girls. Its speed was surprisingly high for its size, and its kilometric body slithered with elegance and precision while making the earth around it lift and cover its body like armor.

The sight of a literal mountain slithering toward them was shock-worthy. 

This time, Ebirah and Andrea took the helm and clashed with the serpent.

Around Ebirah, a powerful energy armor appeared, and her crystal-like pink shell hardened. 

The serpent opened its mouth and bit toward her, but the giant lobster dodged with surprising agility by using her tail.

Then, Andrea and Ebirah attacked it on the side of the head that had just chomped down right beside them.

Andrea summoned a massive pillar of molten metal while Ebirah swung her claw. 

The serpent's red eye thinned, and it snapped back like a coil with an agility that a creature its size had no business possessing. 

Yasenia quickly flapped her wings, and her four limbs steadily landed on the ground at Ebirah's right.

"Defend!" 

The dragoness roared, and all three of them used defensive skills, creating seven barriers in between.

The serpent launched itself at that moment, connecting the massive muscles with extreme precision, and it rammed against the barriers with a head covered in Earth armor. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 

The two-hundred-meter-wide head rammed through all the barriers, shattering them and reaching Ebirah, Andrea, and Yasenia.

The dragon and lobster tightened their muscles and clashed frontally with the enormous serpent.

BOOM!

The lobster's six legs and the dragon's four limbs created marks on the ground as they resisted the powerful frontal attack. Meanwhile, Andrea resisted the aftershock with her lava armor covering her main armor, and she attacked as fast as possible from Ebirah's back.

The Earth armor of the serpent was chipped away faster than it could regenerate, forcing the serpent to pull back. At that moment, the serpent hissed as giant explosions covered it from above.

The Legendary Core beast looked up and saw the giant phoenix creating a massive arrow-like flame, and at its side, an enormous wolf and her rider were crackling with powerful arcs of lightning. 

Yasenia's pupils thinned as she perceived the serpent's muscles twitching. She hurriedly used the [Moon Charge] skill to shoot toward the sky and appear behind Cecile. 

Cecile's blue phoenix eyes looked sideways and saw a shadow approaching, only to be deviated by a silver comet.

BANG! 

BOOM!

Yasenia blocked the serpent's tail slap, and her enormous dragon body dropped like a meteor. However, Cecile got enough time to reposition and attack one more time with [Moon Shredding Shot].

In their beast form, the skills manifested differently, making most of them still useful. 

The serpent saw the annoying dragon being shot away and turned its head to attack the lobster again, trying to bite at her. 

Andrea sneered. "Two times the same attack? Fool. [Molten Sun]."

When the serpent opened its mouth wide and attacked, a phantom Sun materialized before it.

The legendary core serpent felt the scorching heat and tried to move, but Andrea activated [Sun Explosion], creating a blast that covered its mouth's insides with searing hot lava. 

HISSS!! 

The creature shook its head and smashed everything around as pain electrified its brain. 

Evelyn and Sierra channeled their energies to the sky, and Evelyn shouted at Kali. "Kali, activate your [Weather Controlling Primal Stone] and summon a storm in the ceiling!" 

The giant three-tailed fox that was rampaging through the hordes of Fusion Core beasts with an army of two hundred plant creatures roared to the sky. 

A whirlwind of energies gathered below the ceiling, creating dark clouds, and the sound of thunder echoed in the vast, circular room. 

Then, Sierra's and Evelyn's energies combined with them, and the loud thunder transformed into massive lightning bolts. 

"[Winter Wolf Queen's Obliteration]!"

"[Luminous Lightning Calamity]!" 

Light blue and white lightning fell in waves onto the kilometric serpent, making its Earth armor explode wherever the lightning bolts fell.

Angered, the serpent turned its head and lunged toward the giant wolf. However, the creature's danger senses activated, and it looked upward.

Yasenia was dropping from the sky like a silver meteor onto its' head. "[Draconic Midnight: Falling Sky]." 

BOOOM! 

Yasenia barely missed, impacting against the hard ground, but even while she failed, her golden dragon eyes continued following the movements of the serpent.

Twisting her body and forcefully changing the inertia, her body fell sideways, using her extremely long tail to connect at least part of the attack.

Like a whip landing on someone's face, the two-hundred-meter-wide serpent's head was recoiled sideways just as Cecile's attack descended.

A giant silver arrow made of Phoenix Flames impacted the serpent's crown, slamming its head against the ground. 

Cecile, this time, was more prepared and used her movement technique and speed to fly sideways, and barely a second later, the giant tail of the Earth beast passed where she had previously flown. 

Meanwhile, Angel and Kali, in her Fox form, had already summoned a total of five hundred creatures and were exterminating the thousands of Fusion Core beasts that survived the initial clashes of the giant creatures. 

The enormous fox's claws slashed through, and Angel's formations lit up its surroundings, slaughtering tens of beasts every second. 

The dryads, low-tier Nature elementals, treants, and other types of plant creatures moved as one while using Angel's reddish glass golems as the front line. 

The golems had a female form with powerful claws and fingers, and their durability, strength, and agility didn't lose to Kali's dryads. 

Shockwaves from the fight between beasts reached them occasionally, making them look at the battle on the other side with concerned eyes. 

Angel frowned and spoke with a colder-than-usual voice. "Kali, give me one minute."

The giant fox nodded, and roots grew on her green fur, surrounding Angel and protecting her. 

Her innate skill [Crimson Heart Surge] activated, dying Angel's calf-length hair brilliant red and transforming her irises into a green color as beautiful as emeralds. Her self-strengthening skill, [Prismatic Scarlet Heart Glass], engulfed her figure in an enchanting red aura, and her energy became berserk. 

In Angel's mind, countless lines and information about formations flashed one after another, building an incredibly complex structure in her mind quickly enough for formation masters at her level to feel ashamed. 

Kali stomped on the ground, and massive roots appeared around her paw, lashing at all nearby beasts she didn't hit. 

Her tails swayed, and a wave of life energy surrounded all the summons, increasing their regeneration and multiplication factors. Her innate energies further amplified it, and her intents increased it even more.

While fighting, even when a dryad lost an arm, it regrew in barely a few seconds, allowing the dryads to fight endlessly as long as Kali had energy.

They were absolute slaughter machines as they didn't focus as much on defense, going for injury against injury, which increased their killing rate. 

A pulse of life energy spread from Kali, and her green fox eyes flashed. 'There are at least twelve thousand beasts left. We'll clean them up at this pace in ten to twenty minutes.' 

The fox had summoned an army, and her domains created a dead zone around her where all beasts that stepped inside were poisoned and attacked by roots that sprouted from the ground. 

ROAR!

The giant fox looked to the side and saw one of the largest beasts charging at her. Reading its aura, she could analyze that it was a ninth-level fusion Core beast. There were six of these, and they were the sub-leaders of the race. 

The beast was about 20 meters tall but somewhat small compared to the 50-meter-tall and 175-meter-long fox. 

Kali lunged forward with her powerful limbs, swiftly arriving at its size, and she used her foreleg to sink her claws into its chest and smash it downward.

BOOM!

The sharp claws of the beast swung at her from a close distance, but a wall of roots and vines came in its way, entangling the claws.

A violet liquid dripped from the Fox's fangs as she bit down into the neck of the beast, using her paws and tails to keep it in place under her.

The beast thrashed around, but the solid muscles of the giant fox and countless roots that sprouted from the ground binding it nailed it onto the floor while the toxins seeped into its system like ink falling in clear water. 

"RAHHH!!" 

The beast screamed in pain, but after just ten seconds, the fox didn't even look at it and released it.

The beast tried to flee, stumbling in its way, but the grey fur became darker. 

Thirty seconds later, it fell dead onto the ground.

Kali, however, didn't relax. 

Other than the remaining five ninth-level Fusion Core beats, there was one that was as tall as her on the back of the beast army, looking on coldly.

The aura around it was profound enough to be felt, making Kali realize it was a first-level Legendary Core beast. 'It has some intelligence, but I can feel it is far from being considered sapient. It would've probably eventually evolved into an intelligent beast. Sadly for you, you are in my love's way of becoming stronger. Let's test your strength… How about this?'

Her fur glowed beautifully, and she attacked it from the distance. "[Fox Root Entanglement], [Life enhancement: Parasitic Wood], [Life Draining Spores]." 

Ten-meter-wide roots dug into the ground and exploded with a white fog created by spores right under the 50-meter-tall beast.

The wood that made the roots was purplish and squirming as if it were alive.

The Legendary Core beast roared and moved, slashing with its powerful claws so fast that it felt like a small tornado formed around it.

SLASH! SLASH! SLASH! SLASH! SLASH! SLASH! 

Kali's pupils shrunk with surprise, but she quickly calmed down. 'It seems that I can't underestimate a Legendary Core beast, even if it is in the first level.' During all this time, she hadn't stopped attacking with her paws at a close range to kill low-level beasts. 

She was about to ignore it and focus, but she heard the beast roaring at her. 'Oh? It realized that it had been poisoned.' She blinked twice, surprised. 'It has managed to clear its system with brute energy, not bad…' Then, she felt its powerful aura rush toward her, and she looked at it. 'It is preparing to charge at me. Are you angry?'

The giant Fox's mouth arched, and she stopped caring about the smaller beasts with the intention of meeting with this creature. 

However, the roots on her back burst open at this moment, and multicolored lights inundated the room with an imposing aura. 

The energy emissions were so high that even the serpent fighting with the other girls looked over for a second. 

"[Prismatic Glass Weaver Domain]."

Angel floated from Kali's back, and countless threads and shapes made out of glass and crystal surrounded her in a symmetrical, geometrical, circular shape. 

"[Iridescent Structure Formation Amplifying]."

All her crystal and glass materials were enhanced, multiplying their strength. 

Then, Angel's uttered with a solemn expression and voice. 

"[Prismatic Death Crystal Imprisonment]." 

With the echo of her voice, the formation activated and manifested a massive translucent dome filled with iridescent lights that covered most of the battlefield of the low-level beasts.

Finally, Angel waved her long white sleeve. 

Sharp charging sounds came from literally everywhere as light focused on single points around the entirety of the dome, creating a sky full of multicolored "Stars." 

"Die." 

Uttering a single word, lasers connecting the countless "stars" in the dome and the ground filled the area and moved in sneaking patterns, slicing everything in their path. 

The humming sound was terrifying as hundreds of beasts died every second.

The five high-level beasts had hides strong enough to resist individual lasers barely, but when Angel focused ten of them on each, they quickly began screaming and trying to dig underground to take cover.

On the other side, the Legendary Core beast used its arms to cover the head and looked through the gap, charging forward while tanking those lasers as they left a red trail on its skin.

This attack was an army-wiping skill, so unless wholly concentrated on attacking the Legendary Core beast, it wouldn't be enough to injure it heavily. 

Kali was shocked at Angel's army-annihilating capabilities. Still, she didn't get distracted and used her four limbs to run toward the charging beast while a wooden armor surrounded her gigantic Fox Body. 

73