Chapter 687. Group Battle. Qiao Mei Lan’s True Face and Lea’s Realization.
1.5k 20 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: Happy new year!

******************************************************

After hearing Yasenia's declaration, Qiao Mei Lan sneered and looked at Yasenia with open disdain. "You are just a prideful beast that has nothing but arrogance in their veins. A comment, and you think that killing is your right? How egocentric can you get? Not to mention, each of our groups has five Epoch Core cultivators, while yours only has Ethereal Soul Realms. Has your ability to kill a few beasts and weak challengers gone to your head?"

Yasenia began gathering her energy, her face unchanged. "Ignorant of lifeways, you protect a person who wanted and provoked a crowd into trying to attack and rape. Even now, his words toward your group and mine were clearly sexual, and if given a chance, Huang Tao would stick his dick in you with or without consent. Only because you are powerful and have a clear background is he restraining himself, and even then, he is always suggesting doing it with him."

Yasenia's energy enveloped her entire body while her [Celestial Cosmos Dress] enveloped her body, making her energy and strength soar. "Qiao Mei Lan, being a cold and calculating person doesn't mean bending your knees to what's always best with absolute rationale, but knowing that in this World, the self prevails over anything you can achieve." 

The dragoness looked deeply at her without waiting for their answers, and she uttered with apparent disdain. "You are probably trying to imitate someone with your unnatural coldness, but I can see how emotional and hot-headed you are when you can't even realize that selling five mermaids to become sexual toys for an item is worse than what Huang Tao is doing. He might be an ass, but he is just following the way of a Dual Cultivator. You, on the other hand, are sending your people to be opened without concern."

Qiao Mei Lan was angered because many of Yasenia's words hit that sore spot in her mind. "Arrogant lizard! Your race was once eradicated because of your know-it-all attitude!" Then, she smiled, but the "elegant coldness" was long gone, giving way to her natural expression of anger and prideful contempt. "Even these beautiful clothes are made from dragon scales; maybe they are one of your family members, hahaha." 

Huang Tao smiled and spoke to Qiao Mei Lan. "Hey, beautiful Mei Lan, if you help me capture Yasenia, the fire orb is yours. What do you say? Moreover, you can shut up the big-mouthed dragoness and see her squirm."

Qiao Mei Lan smiled with an evil light in her eyes. "Sure." 

The mermaid focused on Yasenia's expression to try and see if their conversation made any emotions surface, but the only thing she could feel was the previous coldness increase another notch. By now, not even her natural playful smile remained on her face.

Yasenia didn't even wait for them to continue speaking. She had said her part in a minimal attempt to convince her, and she had also seen her true nature. More words would be nothing but wasted saliva. 

When Qiao Mei Lan was about to continue speaking while looking down on Yasenia, the dragoness's energy went wild as she took a decisive step forward and used the entirety of her body to slash the air.

[Draconic Crescent Moon] exploded from her sword, freezing and slicing everything in its path.

The giant silver crescent took them by surprise, not expecting her to attack. After all, altercations between first-ranked powers were not rare. Still, those who ended in physical violence were few and far between due to the balanced nature Distancia's forces maintained. 

Even then, they were Epoch Core cultivators, so they reacted as quickly as they could and defended with body-strengthening methods.

BANG!

The giant silver crescent pushed back the first three people It struck by several steps, and by the time they recovered, Yasenia was already before them.

Beautiful energies surrounded her entire body while many white orbs orbited her body. Around her, fourteen stars were connected in the Pegasus constellation pattern. 

The one Yasenia targeted was the closest cultivator, a mermaid with a purple tail.

The woman used her trident, and while moving backward, she tried to stab Yasenia.

To her surprise, Yasenia barely dodged the trident and swung her sword without concern.

Yet, when her trident nearly pierced Yasenia's chest, a gorgeous dragon tail came in between, using its thickness to sneak in the gaps and block the attack. Her eyes widened. 'What?' 

With her weapon caught by the tail, Yasenia's enormous [Draconic Heart] descended without mercy.

"[Draconic Sunset]."

BOOM!

The body of the purple-tailed mermaid was almost bisected as the giant sun energy explosion charred most of her body.

"YOU DARE!?" 

With anger in her eyes, Qiao Mei Lan's body erupted with powerful energies that reminded Yasenia of Xiang Yinnu. 'Strong enemy.' 

"Angel, keep everyone in check with the other two while I deal with Huang Tao and Qiao Mei Lan."

Her quick message made Lea surprised. 'She wants Laurina, Angel, and I to stop seven Epoch Cores?' 

BOOM!

The constant shockwaves from the other battlefield hit them, making Lea look over for a second and have her jaw drop. Seeing Yasenia rampaging with her vast array of Sun, Moon, and star-attributed skills was humbling. 'So strong!'

Angel ordered quickly. "Lea, focus! You fight on the left side. Laurina, I give you my right side. I'll try to block four of them while you two keep in check the final three. When I finish my formation building, we counterattack."

Lea hastily moved, feeling that obeying her was her best option, and began exchanging swords with the dog woman who had targeted Angel lustfully before. 

Although it was a single low-level Epoch Core that she was facing, since the dog woman was ranked in the top 100, it was not an easy matchup. 

Her attacks quickly flew and clashed with the dog woman's, while she spared a part of her attention to look at Angel.

The cute and gentle woman was extremely ferocious as she used her large shield and sword to weave attacks between all of them while summoning small formations that helped her control the battlefield.

On the other side, Laurina clashed madly with her enemies, using her innate ability as a dragon to pound her enemies brutally with her sword. 

Instead of sword fighting, it felt as if she was trying to smash their bodies. Moreover, around Laurina, constant streams of nature-attributed energy made vines, roots, leads, and other similar attacks manifest. 

Lea couldn't help but feel stunned. Angel ordered her again. "Where are you looking at!? Dodge!" 

Lea quickly spread her spiritual sense and saw a large rock flying her way at incredible speed from Yasenia's battlefield, and she quickly jumped back.

BANG!

The rock landed in a large rocky explosion, fracturing the volcanic rock below her. 'What the-.'

However, before she could say anything, an enormous explosion shockwave pushed her back while Yasenia clashed with Huang Tao and Qiao Mei Lan. 

She looked over, and her body felt chills as the dragoness moved between both of them, using a combination of skills that perfectly connected and suppressed her enemies while summoning gigantic phantom dragon claws, Suns, Moons, and many more fantastical skills that filled the entire battlefield with Empyrean sights.

The water tides and hurricanes from the mermaid and Garuda were trying to keep up, and although the fight appeared equal, as more and more auras overlapped on top of Yasenia, the battle felt like it was slowly changing tides.

Moreover, as the fight went on, Yasenia's strength only increased while her vigor seemed unstoppable. 'Is that… A True Dragon?' 

Lea had heard since she was little how dragons are one of the strongest races. After all, she was from the Sky Continent, specifically from a second-rate sect that gained a few entries to enter the Secret Realm. 

However, as a primarily human-governed Continent, opportunities to see the high-ranking bloodline beasts were rare. Not to mention, Lea entered when she was a tiny level eight Mental Nourishing Realm. 

Then, while she knew that Laurina was also a pure dragon and her brutal way of fighting was impressive, Yasenia seemed to eclipse everything with her Empyrean Presence.

Angel's voice reached her while she continued exchanging attacks with the dog woman. "Attack with your all."

Lea hesitated for a millisecond, but Yasenia's voice boomed in her head. 'Obey her!' 

Her body moved before her mind as the [Monarch Intent Level Two] engulfed the entire battlefield together with the [War Intent Level Two]. 

Her sword shone with fire and wind, and she slashed toward the chest of the dog woman. At the same time, Angel's voice engulfed the battlefield. 

"[Thousand Mirage Formation], [Iridescent Structure Amplifying Formation]."

While Lea slashed forward, a highly complex circle appeared, filled with geometrical patterns and runes. The dog woman's eyes suddenly lost light, and she looked sideways with a horrified expression, quickly defending nothing.

Lea didn't hesitate and slashed her chest. "[Fire Devouring Wind Slash]." 

Her sword sank into the flesh of the voluptuous woman, making Lea frown a bit, and her energies ran rampant inside her, heavily damaging the dog woman's organs.

She quickly looked at the other side, and her body cringed a bit.

Around Angel, the decapitated bodies of three people lay on the ground, dead, while Angel was crushing the head of the fourth with her shield.

Not to mention Laurina, who had used her dragon breath to make plants uncontrollably grow and swallow her two enemies, devouring them in a carnival of gore. 

Lea saw Angel looking her way with a deep frown and charging at her, confusing her. While passing by her side, Angel spat. "You are too soft."

Lea looked at where Angel went and saw her stopping on top of the defeated Dog woman and using [Light Severing Sword] to decapitate the unconscious dog kin. Her eyes widened. "W-Why did you kill her? She was already out of combat!"

Angel looked back at Lea coldly, and Lea felt that all the goodwill she had accumulated had dissipated. However, our cute girl didn't say anything. 

Without a delay, Angel charged toward the more significant battlefield where Yasenia was rampaging.

ROAR! 

A massive wave of aura made Lea feel as if a mountain pressed on her shoulders, and then she saw the most beautiful and majestic creature ever appearing from a hurricane of energies.

A more than two-hundred-meter-long beast that looked like a patch of the night sky in a dragon form filled her eyes.

This enormous dragon then created a large amount of destruction as ferocious roars, dragon breaths, and many other skills made the two human-sized opponents look like flies that were being slapped.

When a massive wave appeared and tried to swallow the dragon, a slash from her claws parted the wave with golden radiance. 

When a massive hurricane with sharp winds tried to slice the dragon, a mighty roar followed by a golden beam destroyed everything in its path, heavily damaging the Garuda.

Even from where she was, she could hear that the Garuda and the mermaid had begun pleading for Yasenia to stop.

Yet, the answer they received was the enormous dragon going on her hind legs as a storm of Sun energies coiled around her entire body.

"[Draconic Noon]." 

Lea noticed that Angel had stopped rushing over and stopped with a smile while Laurina was looking at the battle with blushed cheeks, flapping wings, and a speedily wagging tail. "Little sister is so beautiful, Kya!" 

Then, golden radiance inundated several kilometers around as an attack that made Lea feel small created an explosion that blasted her tiny body backward. 

Lea hastily looked up, her heart beating erratically. 'W-What was that?' 

Then, her legs felt weak when a crater filled with bubbling magma, and no enemies were the only thing left from that attack.

Her eyes looked over to the massive and elegant dragon as she gently went back to all fours. The cold dragon's face, even while a few injuries riddled her body, didn't look bothered as if the bleeding slashes were nothing but light injuries. 

Injuries that Lea has seen Sarah groan over many times. 

In Lea's head, it felt that this was the true nature of the person called "Yasenia."

An unparalleled dragon that couldn't be shackled or stopped once she was unleashed.

A creature of legends that could soar the sky freely and proudly.

A being of the firmament and stars. 

When Lea remembered the tender smiles, soft gazes, and gentle caresses this unmatched dragon gave her lovers, Lea's heart pounded vigorously; her eyes unmistakably filled with awe and even something deeper for the enormous beast. 'C-Can Sarah really win Yasenia over? No… Is Sarah even worthy of such a majestic creature?' 

For the first time in many years, Lea was not confident in the woman who had always seemed to be able to do anything. Imagining Yasenia falling in love with Sarah didn't give Lea comfort, as she expected before, but a strange feeling of incongruity. 

On another side of the Treasure Land, Sarah suddenly got a message that made her heart beat erratically.

[Ding! Lea's affection has dropped to 88.]

[Ding! Lea's affection for Y@$#ni@ Dr@#ry reached 65.]

'Why did it suddenly reduce by almost ten points? No… I-It crossed the 60-point mark!? What happened?'

Lillian asked at the side. "Sarah, are you okay? You look pale."

Sarah shook her head, but her body felt bad as an uncomfortable feeling filled her heart. 'I-I need to go to her.' 

 *******************************************************************

Evelyn: Ho? Things are getting interesting.

Kali: Hm… If I knew this, I would've gone with you, my love.

Yasenia: Don't worry, honey.

Andrea: I wonder what Du Xian's reaction will be.

The girls: …

Tatyana: Little treasure, if you are not careful, you will induce an involuntary netorare.

Yasenia: What is that?

Author: Cough, let's move on. That knowledge will do no good landing on Yasenia's head. I summon you!

dezwon quinn: Hello!

Cecile: Hi.

dezwon quinn: Well, Tatyana, I'm curious.

Tatyana: About what?

dezwon quinn: If you made your own inheritance what would be the most ridiculous trial you will put in it? 

Tatyana: Ridiculous trial… I honestly don't know. I have a few demonic techniques, so how about needing to sacrifice your partner to get one of those?

dezwon quinn: … I meant, in a funny way.

Tatyana: Oh… Cough, well…. Ah, I know. To get one of my Dual Cultivation techniques, the person must make a succubus or incubus undead orgasm ten times in an hour! You must understand that undead can't really orgasm unless a few exceptions happen, so it would be just a futile trial that forces people into necrophilia! Isn't that funny? 

dezwon quinn: … I shouldn't have asked.

Author: Cough, let's end today's chapter here with a prayer to those who attempt Tatyana's inheritance trials if she creates any.

Tatyana: Didn't they ask about the "most ridiculous"? Why the strange gazes?

Yasenia: No matter how crazy you are, I love you, Mom. 

Tatyana: … 

71