Chapter 709. Clash of Intentions.
1.6k 19 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Such a luxurious welcome for returning alive from the Secret Realm. The Astral Sky Sect will remember this gesture! I will be generous and give you a five percent discount on our products for the next year."

Many of them almost had their almighty facade broken. 

'Are you blind!? Can't you feel our auras!? Why are you speaking as if we are neighbors coming with gifts!?'

While many leaders present wanted nothing more than to slap Yasenia's smug smile, they didn't dare speak before their leaders. 

Yasenia had acted like this for one reason: she wanted to provoke them. Her objective was to make them blurt out their intentions without filters out of anger and give her an understanding of their intentions and, therefore, initiative. 

While absolute power could silence everything, Yasenia knew that the more than forty people surrounding her were not normal in the slightest. She had confidence in her maids, but she didn't want to put them at an unnecessary risk.

So, she acted as annoyingly as she could, and for Yasenia, the young masters and mistresses she had met during her life were the most annoying people she could think of.

After Yasenia's arrogant voice, Fu Lang Zu landed in front of them, not too far away. His tall stature, perfectly muscular body, handsome black hair and fur, and intense golden eyes made many of the spectating women fawn over him.

The wolf Patriarch smiled. "Yasenia, this is the first time we have met in person."

Yasenia's mind raced for a few seconds, and she suddenly sneered. "And I can only regret it. I'll have to wash my eyes afterward. Can you use something to cover your naked chest? It's giving me goosebumps, and I'm a reptile." 

His smile cracked, and he spoke coldly, forgetting about the provocations he wanted to say earlier. "Hey, woman. Do you even know why we are here?"

Yasenia lifted her eyebrow. "To welcome and congratulate me. After all, this Young Miss has managed to gain great spoils in the Secret Realm. If previously my sect's ascension was almost unstoppable, now, it's just a matter of time. Congratulating someone who will stand at the same level as you in the future is basic courtesy, isn't it?"

The girls felt a complicated emotion of wanting to laugh and also slap her smug face. 'Why is her performance so good!?'

This feeling was shared by many of the top experts but without the amusement part.

A woman standing behind the mermaid Queen shouted. "You are delusional! First, you wanted to sexually attack our mermaids, and now you think you are being welcomed!? Hahaha, look in the mirror first."

It was Qiao Mei Lan. 

Yasenia's smug smile froze, and the mermaid Queen spoke in a frosty tone. "Yasenia Dravory, if you don't create proof that you haven't tried to assault my mermaids, I'll personally come forward and exterminate your entire power."

After hearing their accusations, the wish to act to get their intentions completely evaporated from Yasenia's mind.

Her previous smug and arrogant aura vanished as if it were smoke, and a profound ripple of bloodline pressure and deep coldness spread around her.

She appeared like a completely different person.

"Mermaid Queen, I'm going to give you one chance. Take back your accusations and words and ask for forgiveness, or I'll make the entire mermaid race disappear from Distancia."

If there was something Yasenia hated other than her lovers' suffering, it was being accused of sexual abuse. The reason was simple: that implied that she had betrayed the trust her lovers put in her and might create misunderstandings that are hard to clear up. 

Naturally, Yasenia trusted that her girls would never believe these accusations. However, just the minuscule possibility of them misunderstanding her was something Yasenia never wanted to deal with.

The sudden change in attitude caught everyone by surprise. They didn't expect such a dreadful bloodline pressure to emanate from Yasenia. Even the mermaid Queen's usual aloof expression changed slightly.

Yasenia, thoroughly angered, urged the Mermaid Queen. "Do I have the face of a rapist or something, Mermaid Queen? Do I even need to rape someone with my external qualities? If I want, I can lift my hand, and thousands will be willing to share a bed with me. Not to mention, I have a family with a child, and yet you want, no, you DARE to accuse me of something like that!? Mermaid Queen, you have ONE chance because I understand that the bitch behind you has lied to you. Apologize."

The Mermaid Queen's facial expression sunk, but looking at the furious, draconic eyes, she understood that it was her mistake. There was a limit to someone's acting skills, and the wrath she felt from Yasenia was clearly the truth.

Moreover, the Mermaid Queen also had thought about what Yasenia just said. The dragon woman was one of the most beautiful beings she had ever seen, with her beauty also leaning toward carnal attraction. 

If someone like her had to resort to rape to find a partner or satisfy her urges, then there was nobody else in the world who could pair with someone naturally. Not to mention others, even she herself became tempted when Yasenia's bloodline level hit her.

It felt like finding the perfect match.

She hesitated for a few seconds and finally spoke, her tone softening. "I apologize. I was blind to even ask about it. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive my words."

Yasenia took a deep breath and looked around at the forty-plus people who were in the High-level Epoch Core realm. 'Okay, at least she is reasonable. I'll deal with Qiao Mei Lan later. Let's focus on my current predicament.'

"Let's get to the point. My mood is ruined, and I want to return to my sect quickly. Speak, why are you all here?"

The one who spoke was Fu Lang Zu, who was seizing up Yasenia like a piece of meat. "Oh, I was disappointed because of your previous attitude, but it was just a facade! You are really as delicious as I imagined. We have arrived here with one wish. Relent all your treasures and share them with us. We know that you've managed to get treasures equal to the Immortal Sun Obliterating technique you bought."

Yasenia looked at Fu Lang Zu for a few seconds and then spat coldly. "Did you forget your brain back at home? Didn't I say that the time to test each other is over? Go to the point and tell me your real reason for coming here."

"Hahaha."

Fu Lang Zu turned toward the person who laughed, and he snarled. "Tengliu, how dare you laugh!?" 

Tengliu, Coraline, and two more women flew from the group and landed firmly by Yasenia's side.

The two other women were the Matriarch of the Glass Lamias and the Matriarch of the Ember Phoenixes. 

At first, they were going to observe the situation, but after seeing Yasenia's attitude, they found out that it might be worth it to ally themselves.

Yasenia looked at them and smiled. "Aunty Tengliu, Aunty Coraline, Lady Wuria, Lady Gireila, there was no need to step forward."

Wuria, the glass-scale lamia Matriarch, a beautiful purple-colored lamia, spoke with an elegant tone. "You call them aunties and me, Lady? That's hurtful, little Yasenia."

Yasenia lifted an eyebrow and then smiled. "Aunty Wuria."

The Lamia faintly smiled and patted her head with her tail.

Looking lively but remaining with a mature disposition, Gireila smirked and poked her arm. "What about me?"

Yasenia chuckled. "Aunty Gireila."

The woman with two beautiful red wings smiled and laughed. "Very nice~. Let me go with you later, little Yasenia. I want to visit Flame later. Such a good chick is rare to find~. I want to nurture her... Also, if little Cecile wants, she can come with me; I can also give you some pointers."

Cecile nodded.

Tengliu smiled at Yasenia and commented. "By the way, little Yasenia, they are not lying. They really are here for half of your treasures."

Yasenia blinked and looked at the remaining powers with a weird expression. "You really think that what you are speaking is even remotely logical?"

A mature man with sharp facial features and four green wings behind his back landed by Fu Lang Zu's side. His aura was as profound as an ocean, and even Doriel took a step closer to Yasenia, just in case.

He was Cao Chenghua, the leader of the thirty-three clans and Patriarch of the Jade Thunderbirds. "Yasenia, Yu Lei has told me many things about you. Although, after Qiao Mei Lan's performance, I don't know if they are the truth. However, you must understand that the treasures you've plundered are essential for the development of the Distancia Continent."

His tone was measured and calm, speaking while looking at Yasenia as an elder would to a junior.

Yasenia didn't interrupt and made a head movement, asking him to continue. 

The man looked toward the sky and spoke. "You might not believe it since you are so young. However, there are many other planets beyond the starry sky. While the Heavens protect us, they are not immutable. Sooner or later, an expert that can pierce through the World's defenses might arrive. For that reason, we need strength."

Yasenia wanted to answer that those experts were standing right before his eyes, but she didn't speak.

Cao Chenghua continued after looking at Yasenia. "That's why we are asking for half of them. You've probably gained nine techniques, one for each person who participated with you, right? Give us four, and we will be satisfied. I'll also guarantee that Fu Lang Zu will not be able to place a hand on you or people you consider close."

The wolf Patriarch frowned, but he didn't speak.

The dragoness looked at Cao Chenghua deeply. 'Is he sincere? Or is he spewing sophistry to look righteous while basically stealing from me?'

Having completely calmed down from the Mermaid Queen's accusations, Yasenia's brain spun for a moment.

Her silence was respected, and nobody pushed her to make a decision.

Finally, Yasenia opened her luscious lips and spoke. "It is already known that this secret realm opens every 700 years. Why not challenge it later? Your words sound fallacious to me, but I won't completely dismiss them. Even if they are the truth, what can you do with better techniques? The Heavens limit cultivation levels, regardless of the rank of the cultivation technique you have."

Yasenia looked around and continued. "Many of the leaders here have already consumed their potential, and making it much further in the cultivation path will be too difficult."

Then, she refocused on him. "Yet, you and many others are not in the same situation. A peak-level Epoch Core can live up to 15,000 years, if not more. Meanwhile, a cultivator progressively begins to lose their potential once seventy percent of their lifespan is consumed. If the records I've read are correct, you are not older than 3000 years. This means that you have 7000 years before your potential starts to wane. Seven thousand years are ten chances at this secret realm. As long as you nurture someone or a group, you will eventually manage to gather the remaining techniques."

Yasenia laid out the facts and then pushed on. "And yet, you are circling an Ethereal Soul junior and bullying her with numbers to give up what she has gained righteously and after fighting the elites of your powers. If your concern is outside powers, Lord Cao, it doesn't matter if it is you or us who manage to break the limit first and become the "protectors" you so desperately want."

Yasenia looked around and continued her words. "I've said it multiple times, but my Astral Sky Sect doesn't want political power or influence. We are of the rule that if nobody provokes us, we will remain slumbering. However, if you poke the sleeping dragon, we shall awaken and eliminate those who dared disturb us." 

Finally, the dragoness looked right into Cao Chenghua's eyes, unflinching. "I can say with complete certainty that all the powers, people, and sects we've fought are those who had attacked us first. My conscience is clear, and my treasures were earned with my own power. You have no right, power, or reason besides greed to steal them from me." 

Everybody became silent.

Coa Chenghua looked at Yasenia deeply. He didn't expect that she would remain so calm and logical even after being surrounded by the top powers of the entire continent. 

In her speech, there was not a single lie, and what Cao Chenghua suggested was nothing but an altruistic behavior none of the powers present would do were they in Yasenia's situation.

The evaluation people had toward this relatively young dragon made a complete reversal, and even Fu Lang Zu's face was severe as he sized up Yasenia. 'She is not that simple.' 

Then, he sneered and spoke. "So, what if you've won them with your own strength? A treasure is not owned by who gets it first, but by who has the strength to keep it safe."

'What does it matter for her logic to be sound? Before absolute strength, she can't do anything but give her treasures. While Cao, this fool, might not move, if I want to, I can snatch it... And I can snatch her. With her bloodline...' 

Fu Lang Zu couldn't help but feel excited.

**************************************************

Angel: Where are the maids, Yasenia?

Yasenia: Soon, baby, soon. Don't be impatient. If we show our cards from the start, we can't know who is truly our ally and who is a greedy hypocrite.

Evelyn: What if they are a greedy sincere like the wolf?

Andrea: Pfft, a "greedy sincere."

Yasenia: Cough, I mean. We would know, and that's that, no? 

Author: Well, well, we are a few years from the power summit, and things are already heating up. I summon you!

Randomplant: Here I am again.

Kali: Welcome.

Randomplant: Thank you.

Randomplant: Seniors, a question for you. Is creating secret realms good for getting karma? If so, would you recommend that the girls build some when they have the necessary power and resources?

Mirrory: It depends on what kind of secret realm, but if it is beneficial, yes. Building good karma is as simple as giving a child candy. However, if that candy is poisoned, well, that won't gather any good karma. Of course, while Karma is important, it is irrelevant in this life. Karma is more of a way to accumulate good deeds so that reincarnation has a higher chance of you becoming someone important.

Randomplant: It's like saving retirement funds for the next life.

Tatyana: That's a good way to put it. However, you also need to continue saving funds in the next life. They will last as long as you don't meet a crazy person who destroys or corrupts your soul~.

Randomplant: Hm. I understand. Creating a secret realm, which is like giving future generations treasures and advantages, gives a lot of good karma. That's why most cultivators create them when they are about to die, and they also place cultivation limits so they are not plundered, right? They are hoping for a better reincarnation.

Tatyana: Yes. You got it right. 

Author: And that's all for today. Bye-bye~. 

 

 

 

79