Chapter 130 – Path to Transcendence
5.1k 21 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You really think I'll be able to do it?" Daichi was happy that she had that much trust in him.

Tsunade smiled and replied. "I believe you are the only one capable of accomplishing it!"

At that moment a new notification appeared.

"Thank you Lady Tsunade. I won't let you down."

"You better not. Now come on. Let's celebrate. I got us a booth reserved on the exclusive second floor of the Phoenix restaurant." With those words Tsunade and Daichi made their way to the famous restaurant of the Fire capital. Shizune joined them mid way and the three headed to their destination with smiles on their faces.

As Daichi made his way through the streets of the capital he looked at the new system message boxes piled up.

[Tsunade has truly acknowledged you as her student.]

[You have gained the Title 'Slug Sannin's Apprentice']

[Slug Sannin's Apprentice: ]

[This title will give +30 points to Strength and Vitality stats.]

[Reputation increases with Leaf Villagers and its Allies.]

'Wow. I've been wondering why I hadn't received a title even when I was learning under her… Now I know. It's only now that she truly sees me as her student… Regardless, this is a good thing…'

Daichi read the effects of the title and was impressed.

'30 points to strength and vitality huh. Makes sense it would be those stats. She is known for her strength and healing powers.'

Daichi closed the Title notification and looked at the quest that had popped up when his teacher gave him the scroll.

He read the contents and as he kept reading his astonishment grew and by the time he completely read everything he was dumbfounded. He stopped dead in his tracks with his mouth slightly open.

"What the frack?" Daichi couldn't help but exclaim out loud.

A couple walking nearby looked at Daichi like he was an idiot.

Daichi quickly composed himself and resumed walking. He went through the quest details again just to make sure he didn't miss interpret anything.

[Quest Created - 'Observe and Understand']

Observe the various Living Creatures, Phenomena and different Geologies of the world and understand their essence. When you have an understanding of the flow of energy of the world, you can learn and use the taijutsu style created by Hashirama Senju and Tobirama Senju. Time Limit: None

.

[Conditions:]

Observe the Various aspects of Nature such as Land, Water, Plants, Animals and Insects.

Observe and understand at least 7 different types of Creatures.

Observe and understand the creational aspect of Nature. Plants, Forests, Lakes and Oceans.

Observe and understand the destructive force of Nature. Raging Ocean waves, Forest fire, Natural lightning strikes, Tornado and Volcanic lightning.

Explore and understand the different Geologies of the world. Forest, Desert, Frozen Tundra and Volcanic Lands.

.

[Rewards:]

Ability to use the energy of the world.

Limitless access to Nature Chakra.

Knowledge required to learn and master the Taijutsu style 'Flowing Fist of the Natural Order'.

Completing one half of the conditions required to become a Transcendent.

New Title.

.

[Failure:]

Very limited access to Nature Chakra. (This only applies if at least half the quest is completed.)

Will not be able to master 'Flowing Fist of the Natural Order'.

Will never become a Transcendent.

Possible Death.

.

[Accept (Y/N)]

'Holy Shit! Energy of the world! Limitless Nature Chakra and Becoming a Transcendent!? My god… This kind of a quest…'

Daichi couldn't believe the rewards of the quest.

'Becoming a Transcendent… No! It says completing one half of the conditions required… So there is probably another quest I'll need to complete to become a Transcendent…'

At that moment another thought popped into Daichi's head. 'If I can become a Transcendent being, then can I fight the Otsutsuki on my own?... Questions for later.'

"Hey Daichi! Quit spacing out. We're here." Tsunade's yell brought Daichi out of his thoughts. He accepted the quest and decided to look into it later at home.

The trio made their way up the floors and soon reached their booth on the second floor. They ordered fancy dishes and celebrated Daichi's successful year.

Daichi asked his two companions what it was like to travel and see the world. Hearing Daichi's questions, Shizune recalled her adventures throughout the country. They had a fun time and after a couple hours things were winding down.

"Daichi, since Kensei has already approved, we'll leave the capital in a few days. There are still some things for you to learn regarding medicine and the next destination is perfect for that."

"Where exactly are we going, Sensei?"

"To the Land of Medicine."

—-

It was midnight. Daichi was laying in his bed looking at the conditions of the latest quest he had received. He looked at the first condition of the quest.

'Observe and Understand 7 different types of Creatures… Somehow I get the feeling that the list should include Birds, Reptiles and Amphibians… So which ones should I focus on?'

After thinking on it for a while he had a few options in mind. 'Birds, Lizards, Tiger, Snake, Toad, Fish and Human… The quest didn't say I couldn't observe and understand Humans… Not sure what more there is to understand about us but I'll give it a try.'

Daichi moved on to the next part. 'Understand the creational aspects of Nature… Hmm. Plants, Forest, Lakes and Oceans. They are ecosystems that give birth to life. Is that what the quest meant? I need to see the birth of new life in these terrains?'

Daichi pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

'Ghaa! This quest is so complicated. Then again given what the rewards are I suppose this is only natural.'

He then moved on to the last two parts of the quest. 'The destructive force of Nature and exploring different Geologies… It's gonna take me a long time just to find some of the places mentioned in this quest. And I'll need to spend even more on understanding whatever it is that I need to understand… Oh man, that's gonna eat up so much of my time…'

At that moment a new idea popped into Daichi's head. 'What if I find dungeons with landscapes like these… Then I'll be able to spend as much time as I need there… Hmm! That's an idea… But I'll need to be prepared for failure… Besides, does observing the environment in a dungeon count as observing and understanding the world? I guess I'll have to find out.'

Up until now Daichi couldn't focus on training in the dungeons because he would get attacked every often and had to be on guard at all times. He had a very little rest period and he focused on healing himself during such short peaceful moments. Once he eliminated his enemies in a certain area then more would show up to that spot after a while forcing Daichi to fight again or move away. So during the dungeon times Daichi couldn't effectively train his skills.

'I would always get attacked after having just sufficient resting periods. It was as if the dungeon wasn't permitting me to get strong quickly… I'll need to find a way around that… This is a long term quest. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to complete it before the end of the Sasuke defection arc in the series… I need to make a solid plan if I want to complete this quest.'

Since it was a long term quest with a great difficulty, Daichi decided to put it aside for now. He hadn't opened the Strength of the Hundred Seal jutsu scroll yet. He was saving that for tomorrow.

'I'll start on this with fresh eyes once I get some sleep.'

The next day after completing his morning workouts Daichi opened his status page. He focused on the stats and points accumulated till now. His goal was increasing his primary stats.

[Primary Stats]

Strength - 227

Vitality - 228

Dexterity - 157

Agility - 192

Intelligence - 153

Chakra - 294

Wisdom - 163

'Thanks to Tsunade's apprentice title my strength and vitality stats have gone up by 30 but aside from chakra none of the others in primary stat have gone beyond 200… I have 759 points saved… Time to put them to some use.'

Without wasting time, Daichi started adding points to his primary stats.

[Primary Stats]

STR - 227+3 = 230

VIT - 228+2 = 230

DEX - 157+43 = 200

AGI - 192+28= 220

INT - 153+17 = 170

CHK - 294+36 = 330

WISD - 163+7 = 170

Daichi used a total of 136 stat points. He immediately felt the strength and chakra in his body increase several times. Several notifications also appeared before his eyes.

[Chakra stat has reached 300. ]

[The skill Chakra Affinity has evolved to Advanced Chakra Affinity. The skill Chakra Regeneration has evolved to Advanced Chakra Regeneration. This increases the chakra points and chakra regeneration speed of the player.]

[CP formula is revised.]

[Advanced Chakra Affinity - (Passive/Active)LV. 97: This skill increases the user's talent and ability to use chakra more thoroughly. The users chakra has now become much stronger than others. ]

[Effects:

+40% growth rate of Chakra stat.

+118% Strength increases to all chakra based skills.

+118% Defense increases against chakra based attacks.

+100% increase to maximum CP.

-45% CP cost to all chakra based skills.]

.

[Advanced Chakra regeneration - Passive LV. 95: This skill gives the user the ability to regenerate chakra at a faster pace.]

[Effects:

Regeneration Increased by 125% of base CP.

35% Increase in Regeneration speed.

30% Growth rate of Chakra stat.

[Note: Meditation increases CP regeneration to 150%.]

[Skill Chakra Manipulation's level has risen by one. x5]

[Skills that use less than 20CP can now be used without chakra consumption.]

[All chakra related skills will now gain experience and level up faster]

'Oh wow! It's a good thing the old man isn't here. He definitely would have felt the chakra spike.'

Daichi felt his chakra coils expand and become stronger. He could sense that his chakra has become much more powerful and much denser.

Daichi went through all the blue boxes and was extremely happy. 'Looks like skills that use a small amount of chakra can now be used at any time without CP reduction. And the level up speed of chakra related skills, ninjutsu and genjutsu will be faster. Excellent.'

He called upon his status window.

'Status'

[Name : Daichi Hekima (The Gamer)]

Class : Student

Age : 11

Title : Capable Child, Explorer, Prodigy, Beast Slayer, Dungeon Warrior, Executioner, Assassin, Mighty Healer, Slug Sannin's Apprentice.

[Level : 47 (21054/59075)]

.

HP : 17270

CP : 44946

SP : 17780

MP: 6820

.

[Primary Stats]

Strength - 230

Vitality - 230

Dexterity - 200

Agility - 220

Intelligence - 170

Chakra - 330

Wisdom - 170

.

[Special Stats]

Sense - 113

Stamina - 190

Indomitable - 23

Charisma - 51

Persistence - 25

Dignity (LOCKED)

Luck (LOCKED)

.

[Stat Points - 623]

[Ryo - 690050]

'Oh man 44000 CP… Awesome!'

Seeing his stats now and remembering what it was when he first opened the status page when he was reborn in this world, brought a smile to Daichi's face.

'My struggles, my endless grinding… They're not in vain.'

He went over everything and his eyes fell on the Mana points.

'6820 huh. I haven't had any time to practice my Mana powers or level up any of my Mana skills these last couple years. I've been so focused on my chakra affinity training and medical ninjutsu, that I completely neglected that… I'll need to start on Mana training once I become a Genin. Got too many things to focus on this year…'

As Daichi was making plans for his future, someone else was as well.

—-

"Goodbye you guys."

"I was hoping you'd join us for some fun but oh well... Goodbye Romya."

A staff member at the Fire capital hospital parted ways with her coworkers after her shift at the hospital. She had a bright smile that could charm almost anyone. She had a kind, gentle smile as she walked through the streets.

But as soon as she reached her home and closed the door that smile disappeared as if it was never there to begin with.

"What have you found out?" A voice came from the shadows.

"The boy has completed his training at the hospital. His talent in Medical ninjutsu could rival Lady Tsunade's."

"It seems he's exceeded our expectations."

"There is something else. The boy will be leaving the capital." The woman told the stranger.

"How accurate is this information?"

"It was a coincidence that I stumbled on this information but I believe it's credible. I heard Tsunade's apprentice Shizune telling Daichi that they are planning on a trip outside the capital."

"Destination?"

"Unknown… Orders?!"

"Maintain your cover at the hospital. I will take it from here." With those words the mysterious man vanished.

The woman known to her colleagues at the hospital as Romya went to her bedroom. She opened her dresser and at the bottom was an Anbu uniform and a white mask with no markings was on top of it.

Cover identity: Romya.

Job: Medical Records keeper.

Real name unknown.

Affiliation: The Root.


Author's Note:

Hi guys, For all of you who guess One punch man. Congratulations. You got it right. I took the Taijutsu style inspiration from Bang and Garou. But I guess that was a no brainer given the arc that was just completed in OPM.

Anyway, I hope you like today's chapter. Now, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is some action packed chapters are coming soon and we will see some of Hiruzen's plans.

The bad news is, I'm gonna be taking a short 3 day break. I need to rest and recharge my batteries. So I'll see you guys with a new chapter on Thursday the 10th.

If you enjoy my story then please take a moment to review and rate. A thumbs up always helps. 

175