Chapter 2-Status
28.7k 67 647
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up again, I found myself inside a crib in the same room as before.  I couldn’t see anyone, but I could hear them in the next room over.  It seems that either my mother or the red-haired lady was sleeping next door.  I was confused at why I could hear so well, then I remembered what my new mother looked like and figured that I was reincarnated as a kitsune.  Further proof of this was the fact that I had a really fluffy tail that looked like it would be the perfect body pillow.  I tried moving it and it was surprisingly easy.  When I moved it in front of me to feel it, I was shocked to find out that it was softer and fluffier that I thought possible.  While petting it, it felt like my hands were sucked in and I couldn’t stop.  After a while I forced myself to stop making a mental note to try and avoid getting addicted to that feeling.  I then decided that it was high time to check my new status and see what I had to work with.

 

Name: Luna
Race: Kitsune
Sex: Female
Level: 1
Class: Quad-mage
HP: 10/10
MP: 100/100
Vit: 1
Def: 1
Res: 1
Str: 1
Int: 10
Agi: 1
Skills: Presence detection, Trap detection, Trap disarming, Trap creation, Dagger LV. 3, Short sword LV. 3, Archery LV.1, Poison crafting, Appraisal LV.10, Mana Regeneration LV.1
Magic Skills: Ice Magic LV.1, Lightning Magic LV.1, Healing Magic LV.1, Space Magic LV.1
Race Skills: Illusion Magic LV.1, Spirit Vision, Fox Fire, Fox Transformation(Sealed), Enhanced Senses, Night Vision, Enhanced Physical Strength(Sealed)
Unique Skills: Status Effect Immunity, Ice Mist, Language Comprehension, Infinite Inventory
Blessings, Divine Protection, and Titles:
Divine Protection of the Moon Goddess, Reincarnated, Fated One of the Moon Goddess

 

Well, I can’t really say I’m surprised after seeing these numbers I was just born today after all.  It seems that the language comprehension and inventory skills that summoned people receive have become unique skills.  I can also tell that my skills as a scout are also all accounted for although the level has gone down.  It seems in this life my main focus will be on magic.  It seems that I also have two rare elemental affinities in ice and space.  Now the part I was looking forward to, appraising the new skills and titles.

 

Illusion Magic: Magic that allows one to control illusions.  Superior form of Illusory Magic.  At a high enough level, can create illusions with physical form.

Spirit Vision: Allows one to see and communicate with spirits.

Fox Fire: Exclusive skill for kitsunes.  A special type of flames that hold the power of purification and curses.

Fox Transformation: Exclusive skill for kitsunes, allows one to transform into a fox form. Sealed due to bodily limitations.

Enhanced Senses: Sense of sight, hearing, and smell are enhanced.

Enhanced Physical Strength: Enhances strength and agility. Sealed due to bodily limitations.

Night Vision: Allows one to see in dark places as if it were day.

Ice Mist: Allows one to shroud oneself or an area in an icy mist, targets trapped in this mist will be affected by reduced vision and a decrease in agility.  Range of mist expands based on INT stat.

 

So, the race skills are skills that are exclusive to specific races and can also be further divided into exclusive race skills like fox fire and fox transformation.  The ice mist unique skill also looks like it will be fun to mess around with both in and out of combat.  Now onto the titles and divine protection.

 

Divine Protection of the Moon Goddess: Doubles amount of EXP needed to level up, status increase by 4x per level, speeds up skill acquisition and leveling, removal of level cap, allows for communication between individual and granter of divine protection(Sealed)

Reincarnated: Carry over previous life’s skills and memories.

Fated One of the Moon Goddess: Given to the one who is eternally bound to the Moon Goddess Tamamo.  Once certain requirements are met increase number of tails(9 max), boosts power in accordance with number of tails, grants true immortality, ascend to godhood.

 

Well two of the three of these are extremely shocking to say the least.  The Reincarnated title is a bit self-explanatory but the other two are a lot to take in.  I get that a divine protection would be ridiculous because it is something that is given to you by a higher existence but still, 4x increase in stats and faster leveling and acquisition of skills is crazy!  Sure, I must put in double the effort to gain levels but at a certain point in time that will just be trivial.  Although it’s sealed at the moment, that last effect is also welcome.  I was prepared to have to go this whole second life without getting to talk to Tamamo again, but now I don’t have to.  As for the last title, I have no words.  It’s honestly a bit much to take in.

 

Before I started to get too absorbed into my thoughts, I heard a strange noise come from my stomach.  I guess I haven’t eaten anything huh.  Well, seeing as I’m a newborn I might as well do what newborns do best.  I took in as big a breath as my tiny baby lungs could hold and let out a loud cry.

 

“UGYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Before anyone asks about any pride as a grown up, I raise you this question, “Pride, what’s that, is it tasty?”

 

Once I made enough noise, I could hear someone getting closer then saw the figure of my mother come near me and pick me up.  She rocks me back and forth a bit trying to calm me down before figuring out what to do.

 

“Is my little Luna hungry, then let me fix that for you.”

 

My mother said this as she pushed my face into her chest.  After a while I couldn’t take it anymore and stopped.  Then immediately after I got drowsy again and started to fall asleep in my mother’s arms.

 

Author's Note:
So I got my second wind of the night and decided to push out one more chapter.  This one was easier to write because it's really just skill descriptions.  The skills I'm really looking forward to writing about are the ice magic, ice mist, and illusion magic.  If anyone has any cool ideas for uses for these in the future, I'm all ears for suggestions.  As for the 4x boost in the divine protection, I would like the reader opinion on it, is it too much or just enough?  If it's too much I can reduce it to 2x.  Thank you all for reading and I'll get you the next chapter as fast as I can.

647