Chapter 161- Tamamo Returns
6.5k 21 223
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

I woke up early the next morning and decided to practice dancing some before going to make breakfast.  I spent about an hour doing this before stopping.  As I was walking towards the kitchen, I heard Soleil and Ophidia’s voices.  When I walked in, I saw Soleil in the middle of teaching Ophidia how to cook.

 

“Well, isn’t this a surprise.” (Luna)

 

“Morning big sis.” (Soleil)

 

“Morning master.” (Ophidia)

 

“What made you want to try cooking, Ophidia?” (Luna)

 

“Well, all of you can, so I wanted to be able to do the same.  Though I’m no where near as good as you are master.” (Ophidia)

 

“Well that’s obvious.  It takes time to get good at cooking, but I believe you will get there one day.” (Luna)

 

“Big sis, is the Goddess back yet?” (Soleil)

 

My ears and tails drooped when Soleil asked that.

 

“Guess not.  Sorry for bringing it up.” (Soleil)

 

“It’s fine.  It’s only been a day, I can’t be too sad about it.  Not to mention that I managed to last five years without talking to her, so a few days is nothing.” (Luna)

 

“I believe none of your words.” (Soleil)

 

“…” (Luna)

 

“You’ll be fine master.  Even if the Great One doesn’t come back for a while, you still have us.  Not to mention that you’ll get to see her soon anyway.” (Ophidia)

 

“She did say that she might not be able to come.” (Luna)

 

“But that’s only one possibility, big sis.  Don’t only think of the negatives.” (Soleil)

 

“You know what, you’re right.” I said as I went up and hugged the both of them.  “Thanks for cheering me up you two.”

 

“Anytime big sis.” (Soleil)

 

“I will always be there for you master.” (Ophidia)

 

After that, Ophidia went back to cooking while me and Soleil watched her and gave her pointers every so often.  When she was done, we moved everything to the table and started eating.  Velvet and Mio joined us eventually and commented on Ophidia’s cooking.  Once that was done, we moved on to whatever we were going to do today.  I teleported to the Celestia kingdom and went to buy an actual flute.  Once I finished with that, I went back to the island and started to practice.  Turns out, I’m horrible at playing the flute.

 

“This is a lot harder than I thought.  And it hurts my ears.” (Luna)

 

“Then why do you want to play it?” (Velvet)

 

“Oh, hey Velvet.  I just want to.” (Luna)

 

“How very you.” (Velvet)

 

“I wouldn’t be me if it wasn’t.” (Luna)

 

“And I’d prefer it no other way.” (Velvet)

 

“By the way, did you need me for something?” (Luna)

 

“No, I just came over here when I heard your attempt at music.” (Velvet)

 

“I see.  Well, I guess I just need to keep going until I figure it out.” (Luna)

 

“Why not go and ask someone to teach you a little?” (Velvet)

 

“Because I want to do this myself.” (Luna)

 

“Ok then.  If you need me, I’ll be with Soleil.” (Velvet)

 

“Ok.” (Luna)

 

Velvet then left and I went back to my practice.  After a few hours of somewhat getting the hang of it, I got a music skill.

 

“I wasn’t expecting to get something like this this soon.”

 

The second I started to try and play after I got the skill, I immediately saw some improvement.

 

‘I’ve always thought this, but skills are really amazing.’

 

As I was thinking this, Tamamo started to talk to me again.  I was surprised that she was back already after she told me she would be away for a bit, but she told me that Atmos, Grey and Tonya helped.  After figuring out what we were going to do to thank Tonya, we started to talk about what I’ve been doing.

 

{So, you’ve learned to dance, and are learning how to play the flute.  You do such random things while I’m away Luna.}

 

“Not really.  I’ve been meaning to learn to dance for a while, but I will agree that learning an instrument is a bit random.  But I’ve started it now, so I’m not going to stop until I’ve mastered it.”

 

{Ufufu.  I love that about you Luna.  You want to be the best at everything you do, it makes me want to get better at what I do as well.}

 

“But aren’t you literally at the divine level of everything you do?”

 

{Luna, you knew this already, but gods aren’t perfect.}

 

“I know, but that won’t stop me from thinking of you like that.”

 

{You’re really going all in on the flirting today.}

 

“Of course I am, I missed a day.”

 

{I guess that means I need to respond in kind.  How about you show me some of your dancing?}

 

“Sure thing.”

 

I out away my flute and started to show Tamamo my dancing.  Once that was done, she praised me which made me smile a wide smile.  I sat back down when I decided to speak about something that was bothering me since yesterday.

 

“Tamamo, do you think I’m too dependent in you?”

 

{What do you mean?}

 

“Well, I’ve noticed over yesterday and today while you weren’t here that nothing feels right.  I mean, now that you’re back, it’s fine again, but it’s like I can’t really feel good about things without you watching over me.  Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy my time with the others, but it just felt empty.”

 

{Oh.  Hmmm.  I don’t know.  I mean, I feel the same way, though it’s a bit different on my end since even then, I can at least see you.  In a mortal sense, you probably are overly dependent on me, but why should that matter to us?  I’m a god, you’re a demigod, we’re not exactly mortals.  Not to mention that once you ascend, we’ll spend every moment together when we can help it.  I wouldn’t think too much about it.}

 

“Ok.  Wait, I thought I wasn’t immortal yet.  I thought my HP would have to hit EX for that.”

 

{No Luna, the second you became a demigod, you lost any sense of a lifespan.  Sure, you can still be killed, but neither you nor I will let that happen, so it’s fine.  Besides, Velvet, Ophidia, and Mio don’t have EX level HP and they are immortal as well.}

 

“Oh yeah.  Huh, I wonder why I never figured that out?”

 

{Did you think you would feel different when you got immortality?}

 

“I kind of thought that I would.  I mean, I kind of expected to feel lighter or something.  Like the weight of death leaving me or something.”

 

{That doesn’t make sense.}

 

“Eh, it’s a thought I’ve had since a long time ago, so just don’t worry about it.  By the way, are Atmos and Grey still there?”

 

{No, they left a while ago.  Did you need something from them?}

 

“No, I just wanted to say thanks to them again for helping you.”

 

{I’ll pass that along the next time I see them.}

 

“Ok.”

 

Like that, I spent the rest of the day talking and flirting with Tamamo.

 

Chaos Realm:
Luna: Tonya, I summon you.

Tonya: I'm here nya.

Luna: As thanks for helping Tamamo out, you are allowed to sleep in my tails.

Tonya: *Smiles* Don't mind if I do nya. *Jumps into Luna's tails and immediately falls asleep*

That was fast.

Luna: Indeed.

223