Chapter 224- Rainy-day Fluffing
4.8k 15 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

Several days have passed since I visited my friends in the Academy.  Over those days, I didn’t do much but talk with Tamamo and the others.  I also went and helped Suzuka out with her illusory magic a few times.  Today though, we are stuck inside due to the weather.  I was standing in front of the large window it the room I was staying in and watching the rain and lightning.

 

“You know, it doesn’t rain that much in this world.  I wonder what’s up with that?”

 

{Mostly magic.  Plants and other things that need water hold it for longer due to the magic in the ground and air.  Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s unnecessary, but not as necessary as you would think.}

 

“Interesting.  Then, do weather gods not do much?”

 

{They are actually quite the active bunch.  They really like the other continent though.  Lots of people over there have festivals and stuff dedicated to weather and some even claim that they are the incarnation of a weather god.  It’s really weird.}

 

“Oh, so that continent strokes their egos.”

 

{Yep.}

 

“Honestly, I don’t know that much about that continent.”

 

{That’s for the best, honestly, you would hate it.}

 

“Then say no more.”

 

Outside the window, a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky followed by billowing thunder a few minutes afterward.

 

“Hmmmm.”

 

{What’re you thinking about?}

 

“The difference between my lightning magic and normal lightning.  Like, would I get hurt by being struck by lightning or would I resist it since I have an affinity for lightning magic?”

 

{Well, even if you did get struck by lightning, it wouldn’t really hurt you in the first place, so does it really matter?}

 

“Guess not.”

 

I went over to a chair and sat down in it while still facing the window.  I pulled a cup of coffee out of my inventory as well and sipped it.

 

“Weather like this makes me thing weird things.  Previous topic for example.”

 

{It’s fun to listen to your rainy-day thoughts, so it’s fine.}

 

“What about you, Tamamo?  Do you have any random thoughts or ideas when you see scenery like this?”

 

{Aside from how cute and beautiful you are, not really.}

 

“Fufufu.”

 

{Ufufufu.}

 

“So, how has Atmos been lately?”

 

{She’s good.  Been pranking people as usual, maybe even a bit more.  Plus, her cakes have gotten ridiculously good as well.}

 

“I’ll have to ask her to let me try one some time.”

 

{I can arrange that.}

 

“Thank you.”

 

{Hey Luna, have you figured out your seventh tail ability yet?}

 

“No.  I haven’t.  What about you, did you get anything with your tenth?”

 

{Not sure.  I don’t really have the need to try anything like that.}

 

“Fair.”

 

Another bolt of lightning flashed outside and the rain started to pour a little harder.

 

{Hey Luna, want to set up a domain?  That way we can both do more than just talk.}

 

“Sure.  I’d like to cuddle a bit anyway.”

 

I snapped my fingers and a domain was created.  Tamamo then appeared sitting on the armrest of the chair I was in.

 

“Mmmmph.”

 

{Ufufu.}

 

Tamamo stood up and sat on the couch that was next to the chair.

 

“While that was nice, I wish it didn’t happen as I was breathing in.”

 

{Sorry about that then.}

 

I got up and sat next to Tamamo.  I then wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer.  Her head rested on my chest and I began running my hand through her hair.  I closed my eyes and started to hum a bit and we just enjoyed being near each other for some time.  Tamamo then yawned.

 

“Sleepy are we?”

 

{I can’t help it, this is too comfortable.}

 

“Then feel free to nap, I’ll enjoy watching you.”

 

{Ufufufu.  Don’t mind if I do then.}

 

Tamamo moved her head and rested it in my lap and shortly after fell asleep.  I sat there and watched Tamamo’s cute sleeping face for about an hour.  Her ears and tails would sometimes twitch when thunder sounded or rain hit the window at a specific angle.  She started waking up again after another hour.

 

“You could have slept more, you know.”

 

{True, but then I wouldn’t get to see your cute face or hear you soothing voice.}

 

“You really know what to say and when to say it, huh.”

 

{Of course, but the same could be said for you as well.}

 

“Fufu.”

 

Tamamo started to sit up, but I blocked her by leaning forward and we ended up meeting in the middle.  We stayed like that for a few minutes before separating.  After that, Tamamo sat all the way up and we leaned against each other.

 

{You taste like coffee.}

 

“Well, I have been drinking some.  You taste like vanilla.”

 

{Mm.}

 

We leaned our heads against the other and sat watching the rain out the window.  Tamamo’s tails were intertwining with mine and the atmosphere of the room became cozy.

 

“Tamamo.”

 

{Hmm.}

 

“I love you.”

 

{I love you too, Luna.  More than you could possibly understand.}

 

“Fufu.  I was about to say the same thing.”

 

I rubbed my cheek on Tamamo’s head and a purring noise came from my throat.  I noticed that Tamamo did the same.

 

“Fufufu.  It feels more like we’re cats when I hear that.”

 

{Well, we’re not.  We’re foxes.}

 

“I know, and I enjoy that.  It makes things so much fun.  Especially when I let my nature run wild.”

 

{You look so nice when you do that too.  Seeing it always makes me want to join you.  I’m honestly surprised that Soleil doesn’t let loose when she sees you like that.}

 

“I think it’s because she doesn’t want to cause Velvet any trouble by having to manage two rampaging kitsune.”

 

{That makes sense.  Though there is also how she uses the urges her nature gives her to help in her growth.}

 

“Hmm.  Well, that is that.”

 

One of Tamamo’s ears moved close to my nose and mouth just then and I felt a bit playful.  I opened my mouth and took a little nibble of her ear.

 

{Mmmm!}

 

“Silly Tamamo.”

 

She looked me in the eyes then smiled.

 

{Now, now Luna.  You know I need to return the favor now.}

 

She moved suddenly and took a nibble from one of my ears.

 

“Aaa!”

 

{Ufufufu.}

 

Tamamo then pushed me down and stole my lips.  We stayed like this exchanging kisses for the rest of the day.

 

Chaos Realm:
Atmos: Aww, Luna was asking about me.

Order: If you like it that much, why don't you talk to her more often?

Atmos: And get in between the two of them?  Nu-uh, I did that before and I was threatened by losing all sense of touch for an undisclosed amount of time.  Though I will occasionally visit Tamamo and speak with Luna while there, I don't want to accidentally interrupt something I shouldn't.

Order: A reasonable argument.

Atmos: By the way, where is Payto?

Order:...

Atmos: Why'd you look away from me?

Order: He's fine, just tired.

Atmos: Ahhhhh.  Say no more.

173