Chapter 225- The Return of the Fox and Vampire
5k 16 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

The next day I woke up with a sleeping Tamamo in my lap.

 

“Fufu.”

 

I started running my hand through her hair.

 

“My lovely Tamamo.”

 

{Mmm.}

 

Tamamo’s eyes slowly opened and looked up at me.

 

“Fufufu.  How does it feel to wake up from my lap for a change?”

 

{Quite nice.  This is even better than my pillow back home.}

 

“Good.  I’m better than any pillow you could ever own.”

 

{Ufufufu.}

 

Tamamo sat up and gave me a quick kiss.

 

{I’ll leave it at this for now.  See you again tonight.}

 

“Oh yeah, it’s a full moon tonight.  I can’t wait.”

 

Tamamo then disappeared from the room.  I then stood up from my seat and immediately fell down.

 

“Stupid legs.  Why did you fall asleep when Tamamo was laying on you?  When you did, I couldn’t feel Tamamo’s soft, fluffy hair with you.”

 

I started to use healing magic on my legs to get the feeling back in them.  Once that was done, I decided to check my letter box.  When I took it out, there was a letter waiting for me.  It was from Velvet and Soleil asking to come back.

 

“Guess I’ll do this first.”

 

I got up again and teleported to the island.  When I arrived, I was on top of the pyramid just as the sun started to rise.

 

“I really need to come back here more often.”

 

I turned from the stunning view and started walking down the steps of the pyramid.  When I reached the bottom, I found Velvet and Soleil waiting for me.  Soleil was beaming as she hugged Velvet’s arm and she seemed to be glowing while Velvet seemed to be a bit tired.

 

“Good to see you two again.  Had fun?” (Luna)

 

“Yep.  Those potions you gave me were great.  Too bad we ran out.” (Soleil)

 

“You know you could have just asked me to send more, right?  I have tons of them.  Literally.” (Luna)

 

“While I’m happy for the offer, I’ll have to decline.” (Velvet)

 

“Come now Velvet, don’t be like that, you’ll make it seem like you didn’t have just as much fun as I did.” (Soleil)

 

“Now that’s not true, I’m just still tired.” (Velvet)

 

“Good job, Soleil.” (Luna)

 

“Eh, it’s mostly your potions.  I think I’m still running on the effect of the last one, so I’ll probably pass out in a few more hours.” (Soleil)

 

“Well, that’s what happens when you take them back to back over the course of almost a week.  At some point, the exhaustion will catch up to you.” (Luna)

 

“Alright, can we go back now?  I need something to eat and I can barely stand.” (Velvet)

 

“Heh.  Want some healing magic?” (Luna)

 

“No.  Unless of course you made a healing spell for sleepiness, then go for it.” (Velvet)

 

“Hmmm.  Ok.” (Luna)

 

I pointed at Velvet and used some magic.  She glowed for a second and the tiredness vanished from her face.

 

“You actually had something for sleepiness.” (Velvet)

 

“Of course I did, how do you think I got the sleep resistance skill when I needed it?” (Luna)

 

“By staying up as late as possible over an extended period of time?” (Velvet)

 

“At first, yes, then I decided to attempt making a healing spell to combat it.  It worked to a degree, but after a while, it stopped working on me completely.” (Luna)

 

“Oh, I remember that time.  You walked around pretty much half asleep for like, three weeks before finally giving up.” (Soleil)

 

“Yeah.  That wasn’t my best idea back then.  I felt horrible.” (Luna)

 

“And looked it too.” (Soleil)

 

“Anyway, let’s go back.  We’ll be setting off again in a few days to bring Pneuma and the others home, then we set off for the shrine for the new year.” (Luna)

 

“Isn’t that still a little less than a month away?” (Velvet)

 

“So?  Maybe I just want to go see my family for a bit.  Plus, I want to see if he is there yet.  I want my flying ships.” (Luna)

 

“Same, I kind of want to see mom again.” (Soleil)

 

“Not Blake?” (Luna)

 

“Meh.” (Soleil)

 

“Hehe.” (Velvet)

 

“Alright, off we go.” (Luna)

 

I grabbed the two of them and teleported us back to Lia’s place.  After that, we all went to the usual room and found the others there already.

 

“Oh, welcome back you two.” (Ophidia)

 

“It’s good to see the two of you again.” (Skadi)

 

“I’m the only one left nya.” (Mio)

 

“You’ll get your turn eventually, Mio, don’t rush.” (Luna)

 

“Nyahaha.  I was kidding nya.” (Mio)

 

All of us sat down and chatted about meaningless things over breakfast.  After that, we spent the day just doing whatever we wanted to.  I went around shopping with Mio and Ophidia while Soleil finally crashed and went to sleep while sitting in Velvet’s lap in her fox form.  Skadi went to the Academy since she said her mother wanted to talk to her alone.  While going through several shops, I found a few interesting things that I ended up buying.

 

“When are you ever going to wear that, master?  You don’t really change up your things that often.” (Ophidia)

 

“I was going to wear it tonight when I go to see Tamamo.” (Luna)

 

“Any particular reason for that nya?” (Mio)

 

“Not really.  Just thought I’d change it up a bit and wear something like she sometimes does.” (Luna)

 

“Is she not watching though?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not at the moment, no.  Fenrir asked her to visit for a little bit.” (Luna)

 

“I wonder what Fen wanted nya.” (Mio)

 

“Fen, eh?  Nice nickname you made for her Mio.” (Luna)

 

“Thanks nya.” (Mio)

 

“By the way, how was your date with her the other day?” (Ophidia)

 

“Good nya.  Though I somehow managed to fall asleep for a lot of it nya.  Fen’s lap is too good nya.” (Mio)

 

““Understandable.””

 

Me and Ophidia looked at each other.

 

“Lap pillow from Skadi is great.” (Ophidia)

 

“I can say the same about Tamamo’s.” (Luna)

 

“So, it’s safe to say all lap pillows are amazing nya.” (Mio)

 

““Yes.””

 

“Good talk, now let’s get on with our shopping.” (Luna)

 

We continued to go around the city for the rest of the day.  When we got back I bade everyone a good night and headed to the room I was staying in.  I quickchanged into the clothes I bought today and hopped onto the bed where my consciousness disappeared in an instant.

 

{Oh.  I like the outfit.}

 

“Thanks.  I thought I’d try out some shrine maiden clothes for a change.  Though I could go for a larger hole for my tails.”

 

{Guess you didn’t have time to modify it before coming here?}

 

“No, the priority is coming here.  I didn’t even think about it.”

 

{Silly.  I could have waited for a little bit you know.  You’re so skilled with sewing that it wouldn’t have even taken a few minutes.}

 

“I can try it right here if you want.”

 

{Luna you temptress.}

 

“That’s also a kitsune thing you know.  Though I’ll only do so for you.”

 

Like that, another fun night with Tamamo began.

 

Chaos Realm:
Order what did I miss?

Order: Nothing much.  Just a lot of flirting between Luna and Tamamo mostly.

Ah, so the usual.

Order: Yep.  Though you did just miss Atmos.

Huh.  Oh well.

Order: Yeah, but she left us a cake, so it's all good.

Oooh.  She's gotten really good at making those lately.

Order: Indeed.

Wait just a minute and I'll bring us some coffee to go with it.

Order: Alright.

173