Chapter 243- Sun, Sea, and Fluff
5.1k 24 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Soleil POV]

While dad is working on the things for the ship, the rest of us are free to do whatever on the island.  It was the second day we were here, big sis hasn’t left her room, so me and Velvet decided that she is probably with the Goddess.  Dad woke up early and went to start his work, and Mister Damien and Miss Vina left to explore more of the island together.  Me and Velvet were sitting inside my room of the mansion and trying to figure out what to do today.

 

“So, what are you feeling like doing?” (Velvet)

 

“Hmmm.  Well, I don’t really feel like walking around the jungle since we do that a lot, so how about we go to the beach part of the island today?” (Soleil)

 

“Sounds good to me, we don’t go to places like this all that often after all.  Not to mention that I kind of want to see you in a swimsuit again.” (Velvet)

 

“I was thinking the same thing.  It’s a good thing I always pack it in my magic bag.” (Soleil)

 

“Indeed.” (Velvet)

 

The two of us grabbed our bags and left the mansion after leaving big sis a note she probably won’t even read and headed to the beach.  We had to walk for a little bit through the jungle but once we got through that, we were there.  The beach on this island was quite large.  The sand was soft and a shimmering gold and white.  The waves gently lapped at the edge of the beach.

 

“How pretty.” (Soleil)

 

“Yeah.  We really need to come to places like this more often.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate forests and plains, but I’d like to go to places with more variety than just those two.” (Velvet)

 

“Then let’s bring this up with big sis later.” (Soleil)

 

“Alright.” (Velvet)

 

We moved further onto the beach and found a nice spot.  Velvet pulled out a large blanket and an umbrella to block the sun and we set those up.

 

“To think I would finally understand it a little when Luna has random stuff in her inventory.  I never actually thought I’d use this, but never got around to taking it out.” (Velvet)

 

“Hehe.” (Soleil)

 

I started rummaging through my bag to find my swimsuit and pulled it out.  I looked between it in my hand, and a shaded part of the jungle that would be out of view and back.  After a few seconds of deliberation, I decided to just forgo it and started stripping on the spot.

 

“S-Soleil!  W-why are you doing that right here?  What if Damien and Vina came close to here?” (Velvet)

 

“We’re fine, when they left, they went in the complete opposite direction from here.  And besides, I only decided to do this right here since you are watching.  I mean, it’s not like we don’t see each other naked close to every day.” (Soleil)

 

“…That’s true…Guess I’ll do the same then.” (Velvet)

 

Velvet rummaged through her bag again and pulled out her swimsuit before stripping.  I had stopped midway through to watch and admire Velvet’s figure before snapping out of it and continuing myself.  Once we were properly adorned in our beach attire, we moved to the water and walked until it reached our ankles before stopping and looking out at the sea.

 

“Velvet, do you think we’ll ever have an adventure under the sea?” (Soleil)

 

“I think I heard Luna and Skadi talking about doing something like that before Luna ascends, so we probably will.  When, no idea, but Luna is good at keeping to stuff like that, so we just need to wait and see.” (Velvet)

 

“Sounds fun, though I’ll need to figure out what I can contribute then.  I mean, most of my abilities involve fire or wind, and I can’t really use that underwater.” (Soleil)

 

“I can teach you how to use a whipsword like I do.  Want to try that?” (Velvet)

 

“Sounds fun, so let’s do it.  I’ll take any excuse to be near you.” (Soleil)

 

“But we’re near each other all the time, not that I’m complaining about that.” (Velvet)

 

I giggled at her words as I went deeper into the water.  When it was up to my chest, I turned around and splashed at Velvet.  She put up her arms to try and block the water before she moved to get back at me.  On the way, she lost her balance and tripped.  When she fell, I moved forward to catch her, but her momentum ended up bringing the both of us down.  I made sure to fold my ears down and shut my eye before we went under the water.  When I opened my eyes again, I was mesmerized, Velvet had a backdrop of shimmering water and her hair was freely floating.  Her eyes seemed to sparkle a little as she stared down at me.  It was so beautiful that I wish I could have painted it right here and now.  My back hitting the ground was what shook me out of the moment and the two of us immediately  got up.  We took a few seconds to catch our breaths again once our heads were above the water before looking back at each other.

 

“Sorry about that.” (Velvet)

 

“I got to see something good, so it’s fine.” (Soleil)

 

“Did you get any water in your ears?” (Velvet)

 

“No, I managed to avoid that at least.  I never want to experience that again, so my reaction to something like that is fast.” (Soleil)

 

“It’s happened before?” (Velvet)

 

“Yeah.  It was once when I was really little.  I was taking a bath and for some reason decided to dip my head under the water.  After that, I could barely hear for a week.” (Soleil)

 

“Must have been annoying.” (Velvet)

 

“The worst part was that healing magic couldn’t help.” (Soleil)

 

“Why would it?  Sure, it does a lot of things, but getting water out of ears doesn’t really count as an injury or illness.” (Velvet)

 

“I know that now.” (Soleil)

 

After that conversation, we spent more time playing in the water before we decided to go back to land and take a small break.  We went over to the blanket that we set out earlier and laid down on it.  It was nice and warm from the sun and made me want to curl up and take a nap.  I was laying on my stomach while Velvet was sitting.  She was looking out at the sea while occasionally glancing at me.

 

“What’s up, Velvet?  You know I don’t mind if you stare at me.  In fact, I almost prefer it to you looking out at the sea.” (Soleil)

 

“Only almost?” (Velvet)

 

“Ok, I absolutely prefer it.” (Soleil)

 

“Hehehe.  Anyway, aside from just wanting to look at you, I was looking at your tail.” (Velvet)

 

“Is something wrong with it?” (Soleil)

 

“No, it’s just got a lot of sand in it.” (Velvet)

 

“Ugh.  I hate sand.  It’s rough, and coarse, and it gets everywhere.” (Soleil)

 

“Then why did you want to go to the beach?” (Velvet)

 

“Because I get to see you in a swimsuit and that makes getting a little sand in my tail worth it.” (Soleil)

 

“I’ll give you that.  Seeing you in a swimsuit IS one of life’s greatest things.” (Velvet)

 

I smiled at that before placing my head in my arms again.

 

“Anyway, feel free to admire me all you want, and then tonight when we go back, you can help me wash the sand out of my tail.  How’s that sound?” (Soleil)

 

“I like it.  And you can help me wash my own hair, and maybe other places too.” (Velvet)

 

She said that last part really quietly, but not quiet enough for me not to hear it.  I smiled at that before the comfort of this spot forced me into a nap.  When I woke up again, I sat up to see Velvet sleeping next to me.  I watched her sleeping face for a few minutes before looking up to see what time it was.  The sun was setting and the sky was a multitude of oranges.  The light reflecting off the water made a setting that was perfect for a painting.  I admired the scene for a moment before turning back to my sleeping vampire.  I was about to nudge her awake when I got an even better idea.  I brushed her hair out of her face and leaned in.  My lips met hers and a few seconds later, I felt her arms wrap around my neck.  Velvet’s eyes flew open as the kiss became more intense.  After a few seconds, the realization of the situation hit Velvet and she let me go.

 

“Awww, why’d you stop?” (Soleil)

 

“Because I don’t like kissing you when I’m half asleep.  I can’t enjoy it otherwise.” (Velvet)

 

“Then why stop after actually waking up?  It doesn’t make sense.” (Soleil)

 

Velvet pushed me down and then spoke.

 

“Because I want to be the one to initiate it this time.” (Velvet)

 

Our lips met again and her tongue fought its way into my mouth.  Mine fought back against this invader and the battle lasted for several minutes.  It ended in a draw when a chilly breeze blew across the beach causing us both to shiver and break apart from each other.

 

“Shall we change and head back?” (Velvet)

 

“Yes.  We have a nice, hot bath to take after all.” (Soleil)

 

We both smiled and a small blush crept onto Velvet’s cheeks as she caught the secondary meaning in my words.  We both stood up, changed, packed up out stuff, and made our way back to the mansion.  When we got there and went inside, we ran into big sis.  She flashed a small, knowing grin at us.

 

“How was the beach?  I’m thinking of taking Tamamo there at some point.” (Luna)

 

“Good.  I’d highly recommend it.” (Soleil)

 

“I agree.” (Velvet)

 

“Nice.” (Luna)

 

We passed by her and big sis whispered to me.

 

“Want me to set up a domain around your room?” (Luna)

 

“And the bathroom next to it if you don’t mind.” (Soleil)

 

Big sis nodded her head and quietly snapped her fingers.  The two of us nodded at each other and I continued on to the bathroom with Velvet.

 

Chaos Realm:
Luna: So, this is where you were, Mio.

Mio: Hey, Lunya nya.  I've been here for a while and have no idea how to leave nya.  But Fen is here so I don't really mind nya.

Fenrir: Hello Luna.

Luna: Nice to see you again, Fenrir.  You two as well.

It is indeed good to see you again.

Order: Yes.

Oh, and Mio, if you want to leave, all you need to do is think about it.  Just know that you won't remember much.

Mio: Will I at least remember my time with Fen nya?

I'll allow that much.

Mio: Thanks nya.

Order: Luna, may I ask for a bit of your time in private?

Luna: Sure.

Order: Thank you.

158