Chapter 247- After the Maiden Voyage
4.6k 26 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

The sky darkened as we descended to the water.  Once we landed, the ship shook and Grey almost fell overboard.

 

“Oi, a warning would be nice the next time!” (Grey)

 

“First time I’ve done this so how would I know?” (Luna)

 

Grey just waved off my statement and walked over to another part of the ship.  As we sailed back to the cave, I was about to ask someone to light the lanterns for the ones that didn’t have night vision, but the moon gave off enough light that it wasn’t necessary.

 

‘Thanks, Tamamo.’

 

{For what?}

 

‘Being my guiding light on this dark night.’

 

{Ufufu.  Any time.}

 

I smiled and started to hum to myself while we went.  After a little while we entered the cave again and I dropped anchor.  We all disembarked and made our way to the mansion.  Grey was going to come as well, but Atmos apparently had other plans, so he bid us all goodbye and left.  Once we got there we all convened in the dining room where a large pile of paper was stacked.  That caused me to remember what task I gave Soleil to do today.

 

“Soleil, how did it go today?” (Luna)

 

“Doing that actually gave me a level.  My stellar magic is now level 7.” (Soleil)

 

“Good.  I guess if making these will help you level, then using them will as well, so let’s try to get into the habit of using them in combat.” (Luna)

 

“Alright.” (Soleil)

 

“What exactly are these, Luna?” (Ana)

 

“Paper talismans, they’ll allow us to use stellar magic while stars don’t exist.  Or at least they will while I have a tiny domain floating around me.” (Luna)

 

Ana picked one up and inspected it.

 

“Hmmm.  I feel a strange sense of affinity with these.” (Ana)

 

“See, kitsune and talismans go hand in hand.  Why did it take me asking about them to make them?” (Damien)

 

“Um, hello, as far as we know, they will only work with stellar magic, and only the people around me can use that for now.  Plus, I’ve been preoccupied on other things to recreate every small thing from over there.” (Luna)

 

“That didn’t stop you from making your own Gate of Babylon.” (Blake)

 

“She did what now!?” (Damien)

 

I glared at Blake.

 

“Luna, please teach Vina how to do that.  I’ll do anything you want if you do.” (Damien)

 

“Oh, anything?” (Luna)

 

“Y-yes.” (Damien)

 

“Then what if I asked you to help out with two more ships?” (Luna)

 

“Hehe.  You don’t actually have two more ships, right?” (Damien)

 

I smiled in reply.

 

“V-vina, please help.” (Damien)

 

“*Sigh* Luna, can you make the request something else?  While we normally wouldn’t mind helping, two more ships is a bit much for now.  We do have other places to be.” (Vina)

 

“Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I’ll save the other two for a later date.  But don’t be surprised if, when that time comes, I have more than two.” (Luna)

 

“Do you plan to make a whole fleet?” (Ana)

 

“Why not?” (Luna)

 

“Luna, what would you use an entire fleet of flying ships for?” (Ana)

 

“Um.  Just to have one?  Oh, I know, if there is a long thought dead civilization of people that lived above the clouds and they decide to send sky pirates out to raid the land, I’ll be there to stop them.” (Luna)

 

“…” Ana turned to look at Blake. “How am I supposed to reply to that?”

 

“I’m just as lost as you are with that answer to be honest.” (Blake)

 

“Big sis, did you somehow get drunk again?” (Soleil)

 

“No.” (Luna)

 

“Then maybe you’re tired.” (Velvet)

 

“She did say she used a lot of mana today, so maybe she actually is.” (Damien)

 

“I have infinite mana, why would that matter?” (Luna)

 

“Luna, even gods get tired when they use extreme amounts of mana in a short amount of time, even with infinite mana.” (Vina)

 

“Really?  Never knew that.  Did you, Tamamo?” (Luna)

 

{No.  I’ve never been in a situation where I used so much mana in a short amount of time to feel tired, so I had no idea.}

 

“Guess I’ll try to go to bed then.  Night everyone.” (Luna)

 

I left everyone to do whatever and went to my room.  After shutting the door and setting up the usual domain, I sat on my bed.  The second I did that, tiredness washed over me like a tsunami.

 

“Ugh.  They were right.  I don’t feel physically tired, but mentally is different.”

 

{Then why don’t you quickly change and lay down?}

 

“Mm.”

 

I put all my clothes into my inventory with a quickchange and was about to conjure some when I started falling backwards.  My head landed on something soft and my eyes started to shut.

 

“Heh…Guess I’ll……sleep…like this.”

 

My eyes shut completely as I fell into the sea of dreams.

 

[Tamamo POV]

While looking down at Luna’s sleeping face, I couldn’t help but smile.

 

{Ufufu.  Sleep well, Luna.  A good night’s rest after an exciting day will do you good.  Not that I’m qualified to speak of sleep.}

 

I started running my hand through Luna’s hair before hugging her closer to my chest.  I closed my eyes as well and started humming a song that Atmos taught me a long, long time ago.  A short time later I fell asleep as well.

 

[Luna POV]

When I opened my eyes again, all I saw was darkness.  My head was sandwiched in a valley of softness and I could hear calm, slow breathing next to my ears.  I smiled a small smile before thinking back on last night.

 

‘That was a weird yet nice dream.  Though I could have done without the whole sailing upside down part.’

 

As I remembered the dream I had last night, Tamamo started to wake up.  I half expected to be welcomed by the half-asleep version of Tamamo, but it was the just as perfect fully awake version this time.

 

{Mmm?  What are you doing down there, Luna?}

 

“I don’t know, I woke up like this.  Not that I particularly mind.”

 

{I don’t either, but I would also like to see your beautiful face when I wake up instead of just Abyssally fluffy ears.}

 

I scooted up some so that we were eye to eye.

 

“Better?”

 

{While my chest is a little colder now, yes.}

 

“Well, I’m tempted to warm it up, but I’ll save it for later.  I actually have a lot to do now that the ship is done.”

 

{And what would that be?}

 

“Well, I have to discuss with Damien and Blake how we’re going to start marketing this information and technology, then I have to let the kings I know know about the ship so that they can start making policies for when they are more common as well as the inevitable answer for when they ask me for the plans to make their own.  After that I need to discuss Damien and Vina’s payment in more detail.  Once that is done, I need to find out where Mio went and get her.  THEN, I have that sisterly bonding day with Soleil.  And at some point during all of that, I need to gather my party to discuss where exactly we are going to go next.”

 

{That IS a lot of stuff to do.}

 

“It really is.  Oh, I forgot to schedule in some time to mess with people to get my nature in check again.” (Luna)

 

{You realize the others are going to figure out that you just use that as an excuse sooner or later, right?}

 

“Eh, when they do, they do.  Until then it’s all the kitsune nature’s fault, though I won’t deny that it is actually a part of it as well.”

 

{That’s true.  But I’ll say this again, make sure you never go too far with it.  I don’t want you to end up just like Atmos has in a lot of gods’ eyes.}

 

“I know.”

 

Me and Tamamo laid like this and talked for a little while before I decided it was time to get up.  As I was doing my morning stretches, I turned to Tamamo who was watching me with great interest and asked a question.

 

“By the way, were you singing something last night?”

 

{I was, why?}

 

“I vaguely remember hearing it while I was dreaming.  It was nice and I would love it if you sang it again at some point.”

 

{I’ll sing it for you as much as you want next time we’re alone.}

 

“Fufu.  I look forward to it.”

 

I conjured up some clothes as Tamamo disappeared.  I then left my room to go about the new day.

 

Chaos Realm:
Atmos: Who knew we could still get tired from using mana too much?

I didn't.

Order: Me neither.

Fenrir: Really?  How have none of you ever noticed that?

Atmos: Let me ask you this instead, how did you know?

Fenrir: I figured it out when I was getting my place ready for Mio's first visit.  I had to use a lot of mana to get the place warm enough for her to not freeze the second she arrived.

Atmos: And how exactly did that work?  I didn't even know you could warm up winter with mana.

Fenrir: I don't exactly know how I did it either.  I just tried really really hard to make the place warmer and channeled as much mana into my Authority as I could and it worked.

You and Luna are going to get along really well when the two of you get to interact more.

Order: I agree.  You both have the same way of doing things.

Fenrir: Hahahahaha!  That's good then, that means I'm going to get along well with Mio's family...Wait...Mio's family......I need to meet her parents and tell them I'm going to marry her.

And there she goes, turning into an embarrassed mess again.

Atmos: ...

Order: Atmos?

Atmos: Um, Payto, quick question.

Hmm?

Atmos: Would it somehow be possible for me to meet Grey's old family, or am I already too late for that?

...Give me some time, I need to find which world Grey came from and if the time difference between them lines up, but don't expect much.

164