Final Side Chapter- Insane Ceremony
6.3k 31 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Mordred POV]

Lounging around in my office in our home in the Divine Domain, I was laying my head in my wife’s lap.  She had her usual wicked smile on her face as she ran her fingers through my hair.  Evelyn was resting her head on her other thigh and sleeping quite soundly.  She then looked down at me.

 

“Hey Mo, with all the weddings going on recently, I want to have one for us, or at least a ceremony.” (Crisis)

 

“Feeling left out or something?” (Mordred)

 

“Nah.  Just want to have one for the sake of it.  Though it would have to be in the most insane place here.  And we’d have to only invite people that could actually handle the place.” (Crisis)

 

“Wouldn’t that just be Luna, Tamamo, Atmos, and the Chaos couple?” (Mordred)

 

“And Tonya.” (Crisis)

 

“She’d just sleep through it.” (Mordred)

 

“…True.” (Crisis)

 

“Anyway, I’ll get to figuring out some things, you try to find a venue that fits your standards.” (Mordred)

 

“Wait really?  I thought you’d try and talk me out of this.” (Crisis)

 

“What can I say, you’re finally rubbing off on me.” (Mordred)

 

“I thought we’d agreed to not do things like that in front of Evelyn.” (Crisis)

 

“We did, you know what I meant, and stop turning almost everything I say into an innuendo.” (Mordred)

 

“There’s the normal Mo I love.  Though spontaneous Mo is also lovely.” (Crisis)

 

I chuckled at my wife’s antics as I slowly got up from her lap.  I walked over to my desk and pulled out some paper and started writing down things that I knew we’d need soon.  I also made a mental note to go and ask some others what else we’d need for a ceremony.

 

Time passed and nearly two mortal weeks later, the ceremony was ready and about to start.  Crisis had found a venue that met all of her random, insane demands, though the downside to it was that only the Chaos Couple would be able to attend along with their daughter.  I was only safe since Crisis blessed me with her Blessing of Insanity, and Evelyn was alright since she was our daughter.  I didn’t really know how that worked, but I decided against thinking about it to save myself the headache.

 

Anyway, the venue was, in my opinion, quite bizarre.  It was a space that was basically like a fractured mirror.  You could see reflections of you and others everywhere, making it seem like there were infinite amounts of you there.  In places where it wasn’t a fractured mirror, it was pools and waterfalls of some kind of edible substance.  Every so often you’d be able to see some kind of…indescribable creature, sometimes with innumerable eyes, others in shapes that made my brain hurt just trying to comprehend, and more.  They didn’t bother us, however, since we were protected by special barriers set up by our resident God of Chaos.  There was also a constant rain of ash-like snow that came from somewhere.  Overall, it was quite the insane place to be, in many different ways.

 

I was currently standing at an altar made of some kind of strange metal that seemed to almost breathe in a dress made from a mix of red and black lace and crystals.  While I waited for Crisis to make her appearance, I looked out at those who were present.  Payto sat there with a somewhat confused, yet neutral expression while his wife Order sat there visibly sweating.  I could tell she was trying her best to keep from putting thing in, well, order.  I chuckled inwardly at that.  Suddenly, two new fractures appeared and inside them I could see the faces of Luna, Tamamo, and Atmos.  In the other one, two kitsune I’d never seen before were seen with looks of confusion on their faces.

 

“Ama, what is going on here?” (???)

 

{I don’t know, Keeno.} (???)

 

“Tamamo, is this what I think it is?” (Luna)

 

{Seems like it.} (Tamamo)

 

“Well, congrats, Mordred!” (Luna)

 

I smiled at Luna’s words and I was going to reply when another anomaly occurred.  Just a little away from me Evelyn and Astraea appeared while wearing matching dresses and carrying baskets of flowers with deep purple petals.  They silently walked toward me while dropping flowers along their path before they reached the point at the bottom of the altar before turning and going to sit by the two other people physically present.

 

“Ama, I think this is a wedding ceremony, but I still don’t get why we can see it.” (???)

 

{I don’t either, so just stay quiet and maybe no one will notice us.} (???)

 

“Got it.” (???)

 

I would have replied that all of us could hear them quite clearly, but I got distracted by my wife’s arrival.  At the place where Evelyn and Astraea appeared, a black and purple void appeared.  From there, Crisis stepped out.  She wore an elegant dress that was a shade of deep purple mixed with black and with a few streaks of red.  Normally something like that would look horrible due to the intensity of the colors, but she made it work perfectly.  So perfectly in fact, that I was rendered speechless.  She had a sort of tiara on her head that was made of black crystals that seemed to float.  She slowly made her way toward me and it seemed like time was slowly coming to a stop.  Once she was in front of me, I couldn’t even tell if the world was even moving anymore, all I could see was her.

 

“Now that’s the face I was hoping to see.  Sorry we couldn’t get your mom to come, but the people who are here are good enough.” (Crisis)

 

She grabbed my hands and started to speak her vows.

 

“I, Crisis, Goddess of Void and Insanity, hereby take Mordred le Fey as my wife, for now and all eternity.  I swear on all existence that I will cherish you, be it the current you, or a you that has fallen to such pure insanity that it would somehow make my Authority obsolete.” (Crisis)

 

My heart felt like it would jump out of my chest, but I managed to calm myself enough to say my own vows.

 

“I, Mordred le Fey, take Crisis, Goddess of Void and Insanity as my wife, for now and all eternity.  I swear on my name, the names of the Gods of Chaos and Order, and all existence to cherish you always, even if I fall into such deep insanity that I’m no longer me.” (Mordred)

 

She smiled at me and I smiled at her.  We slowly brought our lips together, sealing our vows with a kiss that felt better than every one we had ever shared before.  I don’t know how long we stayed like that, but when I came back to reality, it was just me and Crisis at the altar.

 

“Are you back?” (Crisis)

 

“Yeah.  Did something happen?” (Mordred)

 

“Kehehehehehe.  You were in such a daze that you didn’t realize that, after about 10 minutes of us kissing, Order finally snapped.  I mean sure, I was making the place we were in even more insane that it should have been, but I didn’t think she’d actually snap.” (Crisis)

 

“That’s a lie and you know it.” (Mordred)

 

“100%.  But she made it a great spectacle.  Anyway, shall we go and have some fun to finish up out little wedding?” (Crisis)

 

“Of course, no wedding is complete without it.” (Mordred)

 

She then opened a void portal and the two of us stepped inside.

97