Chapter 337- Hot Spring Party
5.3k 43 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

 

Some time after everyone’s weddings, I invited everyone over for a hot spring party.  Tamamo changed the scenery of our home to a mountainous place with a lot of plateaus.  I made the hot spring on top of the tallest one and surrounded it by some red maple trees.  We also set up several kinds of alcohol, teas, and snacks.

 

{Everything good on your end, Luna?}

 

“Yep.  Yours?”

 

{Yep.}

 

“Then I guess all that’s left is to get in and wait for the others to get here.”

 

{Oh!  It may still be daytime right now, but that doesn’t mean anything.}

 

“Good idea.  Gotta have make it thematic after all.”

 

The two of us snapped our fingers and the sky turned dark and a full moon appeared shortly followed by stars.

 

{Ufufufu.}

 

“Fufufufu.”

 

Once all of the setup was done, Tamamo and I went over to the hot spring, removed our clothes, and waded into it until we were sitting up to our necks.  Once we were both settled, I leaned my head onto Tamamo’s shoulder.

 

“Tamamo…I’m so happy…It’s…indescribably how happy I am.”

 

{I feel the same, Luna.  You being here next to me like this makes all the times before seem like a dream.  Even if it wasn’t that long ago that you ascended, I’m already struggling to remember what it was like only being able to see each other every month, domain creating notwithstanding.}

 

“Fufufu.”

 

As the two of us snuggled closer, I ignored the feeling of people arriving behind us.

 

“You know, I figured we’d find the two of you like this when we got here.” (Soleil)

 

“Well, it is understandable, Soleil.  It’s not like we won’t be the same eventually.” (Velvet)

 

“True.” (Soleil)

 

“Can’t help it, Tamamo is too wonderful for me to not cling to her.” (Luna)

 

{I can say the same about you, Luna.}

 

“Fufu.  Anyway, get in you two, the water’s perfect and we have snacks and drinks.” (Luna)

 

I heard the shuffling and dropping of clothes and soon enough, the steam-veiled bodies of Velvet and Soleil sunk into the waters of the springs.

 

“Big sis, you always like scenery like this, but even then, it’s impressive.” (Soleil)

 

“Well, you know me, I don’t do things halfway, it’s all or nothing.  And besides, when I have no restrictions, why not go all out on the scenery I like?  Though Tamamo is the one that did the landscape seeing as I’m still trying to figure out just the right way to do it.” (Luna)

 

{I’ve already told you you’re good enough to do it.}

 

“I know, but I also just like watching you work.” (Luna)

 

“I can agree to that, Luna, watching your wife work I mean.  Soleil’s been doing a lot and she looks damn good doing it.  Though I wish some of those Star Clergy would stop ogling her.” (Velvet)

 

“Those Fluff Cultists are worse, honestly.  Always staring at either of us and muttering behind our backs.  Who do they think they are, saying we aren’t good enough to be Apostles?” (Soleil)

 

“Oh?  Give me names and I’ll do some smiting.” (Luna)

 

“Later, big sis.  If we get to really talking about this, it’ll ruin the party.” (Soleil)

 

{Such petty thoughts, those mortals have.  But Soleil is right, let’s leave the smiting for later.}

 

“Oh?  Only a year later and people are already on the smiting block?  Why am I not surprised.” (Skadi)

 

“Skadi!  Ophidia!  Welcome.” (Luna)

 

“Thank you for having us, master.  We didn’t know if we were supposed to bring anything, so we brought a bottle of…what was it called?” (Ophidia)

 

“Sake.” (Skadi)

 

I waved my hand and a small platter appeared floating on the water.  Skadi knelt down and placed the bottle on it before moving back and, like the rest of us, they stripped and got in the water.

 

“All that’s left to arrive are Mio, Fenrir, and Atmos.” (Luna)

 

{Atmos is actually already here, she’s just hiding under the water.}

 

*SPLASH*

 

“Tamamo!  Why’d you have to ruin my grand entrance!?” (Atmos)

 

{Because whatever you were going to do would end in you being teleported off the side of the mountain with no way back up.}

 

Atmos looked over at me and her eyes asked if she was serious.  I simply nodded my head in reply.  Atmos didn’t say anything and just sunk deeper into the water and started blowing bubbles.

 

“Ophidia, how’s it been on your end, dealing with mortals?” (Velvet)

 

“Not bad, really.  About the same as the two of you, though I guess in my case it’s a bit less since the two of you are the ones mostly dealing with the shrine.” (Ophidia)

 

“Well, it helps that the two of us have been more on the move than the two of you.” (Skadi)

 

“How is the exploring of every inch of the continent going?” (Luna)

 

“Quite good, master.  We’re just about done with Savanna and then we’ll move on to the Demon Empire.” (Ophidia)

 

“Oh, we’ve also found some of those constellation stones you and Grey set up.  I liked the area they were placed, too.  It didn’t feel like they were just recently placed there.” (Skadi)

 

“Fufufu.  Nice.  Which one was it and did you use it?” (Luna)

 

“In reverse order, no, we already have the talismans you made of it, and it was the one with the image of a horse.” (Skadi)

 

“Ah, faster movement when mounted and weight of luggage is lessened.” (Luna)

 

{The more I hear of these constellation effects, the more I wonder what they CAN’T do.}

 

“Raise the dead.” (Luna)

 

{I’d hope not, that would get in the way of the Goddess of Death’s job, and I don’t want the two of you to be on bad terms.}

 

“Hehehe.  Which one?” (Luna)

 

“I doubt you’d be able to get on her bad side, Luna.  I mean, she does call you big sis now.” (Atmos)

 

“Hmm?  Is someone trying to replace me?” (Soleil)

 

“No, though I do hope you two get to meet one day.” (Luna)

 

Soleil was about to say something else when the sky above us erupted into the greenish-blues of an aurora.

 

“Are we late nya?” (Mio)

 

{Nope.  You two got here right on time.}

 

“Good.  We brought some snacks, by the way.  Mio’s idea.” (Fenrir)

 

“Yep nya.  Thought I’d bring some tarts I made with some of the berried Fen grows nya.” (Mio)

 

“Since when did you start growing berries, Fenrir?” (Atmos)

 

“A little after our wedding.  They are Mio’s favorite, so I decided to make a small orchard of them.” (Fenrir)

 

“Small meaning the size of a forest nya.  Nyot that I’m complaining nya.” (Mio)

 

The two of them soon slipped into the water, marking all that would be attending the party present.  I snapped my fingers and small platters with cups appeared.  I then, jokingly, made Chibi illusions of myself that ran over to where we had set up all the other drinks and snacks and they brought them over and placed them on the platters before pushing them to freely float on the water.  Everyone grabbed and poured what they wanted and the party continued on for the rest of the day and into the night.

116