Chapter 23: Welcome to P’horruki Village!
701 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

 

 

"Uhm... reiko? What's going on?"(Kamoume)

"Oh, it's... that you were attacked and... sorry"(Reiko)

Reiko said, releasing the Kamoume from the hug, letting her loose. Dazed and confused as if she was hit by the full blunt of booze, looking around her surroundings with a weak, lazy eye. Her mouth slightly open.

Across from her was a giant green tree encapturing a mangle saliopter... a dead, mangled saliopter. 

"did you do that?"(Kamoume)

She said as she got up and pushed past Reiko. Her index finger glided over the tree, reaching the skull of the dead animal. She then flicked its nose a couple times, and poked its nostrils, disrespecting the dead even after death, just like the uncontrollable goblins people call cute, children.

"wow... IT'S DEAD"(Kamoume)

She turned her turned a full 179°.

"Did you do this?"(Kamoume)

"y- yes..."(Reiko)

The girl's mouth shifted upwards, her eyes twinkling.

"cool!"(Kamoume)

She squealed, turning to Reiko, grabbing her hands and bouncing up and down. 

"You can make trees happen! That's so cool!!! Like you can be a gardener or a planter or a .... FLOWERER!"(Kamoume)

Like a flower bud in spring, her voiced bloomed from the previous weak mutter. Her blonde hair jumping with the wind, moving like an elegant white snake. Reiko absentmindedly stared at the girl, not a word to say.

"aren't you... angry?"(Reiko)

"Angry, why would I be angry?"(Kamoume)

"I mean, I kind of burnt you didn't I?"(Reiko)

"Oh that! Hmm, yes I am angry!"(Kamoume)

She said, her nose pointing high up in the air. Reiko swallowed her spit, and her fist balled, she was ready.

"And the only way you can make up for it is,"(Kamoume)

Reiko closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath, about to take in all that she was about to say.

"Be my friend!"(Kamoume)

"I- pardon?"(Reiko)

"You heard it right!"(Kamoume)

She pounded her chest, eyes closed, nose flared.

"I- I-... are you sure? Like even though I hur-"(Reiko)

Reiko rambled, fume coming out of both her ears.

"If you say no, then I will never forgive you so choose wisely!"(Kamoume)

"oh, uhh then... ok..."(Reiko)

"Yay!"(Kamoume)

As she said that she jumped onto Reiko at full force, arms wide open. The two fell onto the muddy dirt, causing Reiko's hair to be dyed brown. 

"Heheha!"(Kamoume)

The night time sky flew by, the echoes of childish giggles filling the forest. 

Ptap ptap ptap

...

"I- thank you..."(Moume)

Moume's robe was a mix of dirty brown and red. Her sleeves were shredded and it was obvious she was hurt, yet she kept composed.

"I was too harsh to you, a child, I-"(Moume)

"It's ok. Kamoume is someone important to you, someone who you love to the end of time... and I hurt her... it's ok how you were, it's natural to be angry..."(Reiko)

Reiko said, holding her arm, her cocked down. Moume was taken aback from her response but soon, there was nothing but a warm smile. 

Raising her hand she dropped it onto the white locks.

"You're a good kid."(Moume)

"I, uh, thank you, Mrs. Moume..."(Reiko)

"Please, no need for honorifics, actually why not call me aunty!"(Moume)

"uhh, thank you Moume but I'd like to decline that offer..."(Reiko)

"I see..."(Moume)

Moume huffed a slightly disappointed sigh.

----

A couple of days had passed since then, the crew were mostly healed thanks to Dr. Reiko who got a phd in plot armor, the carriage itself is worse for wear but usable.

The weather fine and peaceful, the sun up and shining. The bird up and ready, singing a horrible melodious tune.

"Mommy, are we there yet?"(Kamoume)

"We will be soon sweetheart."(Moume)

Kamoume as of right now was harassing the local civilians. 1hey! I SOO AM NOT! - Kamoume

"Awwee, but I wanna see grandpappy now!"(Kamoume)

Kamoume jumped up and down, full of energy, about to implode. 

"Why not go play with Reiko to pass the time."(Moume)

Kamoume energetically nodded up and down before rocketing towards the sleeping Reiko.

"Wake up! Let's go play!"(Kamoume)

"mnng..."(Reiko)

Reiko woke up dazed and with her eyes drooping. She did after all, stayed up all night healing everyone. She lazily got up, stretched her arms and said

"sure"(Reiko)

In a soft whisper like voice. Kamoume's faced lit up and grabbed the latter's wrist and dragged her away.

As Reiko was being dragged around, Cheryl saw from behind. A smile was plastered on her face, seeing the two doing their antics. A flood of nostalgia took her away, how long has it been? She wondered on and on. Years have passed since she last saw them, so much time has passed...

Her smile diminished, clenching her heart. Her eyes became watery, yet she let no tears out.

Her heart was crinkling, remembering those simpler days, when she used to smile and play. 

"It's ok Cheryl, better to not think about it."(Cheryl)

Saying so, she wiped off the ugly mask and flew like a kite in a windy day towards the two, joining them in the fun.

----

The days flew by quickly, the carriage travelled through a large, shrouded forest. It was filled with trees and shrubbery. The sunlight was hidden by the thick foliage. It reeked of many different smells, some smelling like a corpse, others perfume. The atmosphere was thick, it felt like you were being watched  and you were from the birds to the insects.

 It was eerie to say the least, like there was something out here, about to strike when no one is looking. Silence prevailed, not even a buzz, that is until

"Identification."(man)

The group was stopped by a hooded figure, spear on hand. He had a wooden mask and thick cotton and leather like clothing, coloured green and brown, camouflaging with the background. His one and only identifying trait was his dark chocolate brown ears and bushy tail.

"It's me, my daughter and I are back from our journey, we are also here with guests, both wielding the power of nature."(Moume)

"understood"(man)

As he said that, he vanished from view, hiding admist the large flora, leaving Cheryl and Reiko stunned.

The carriage inched closer to a wooden gate, gaurded by traps and archers from above. The fence around the gate was tall, taller than a giraffe. It was also binded together by thick vines, giving it a greenish hue. The archers looked skill, and were unmoving, almost as if they were statues. They all wore masks, pointed masks with what seemed like goggle on the eye holes.

The gate slowly opened and the carriage moved inwards. 

Reiko peaked her out to see. Her eyes lit up, wide open. Her mouth agape.

"Reiko! Welcome to P'horruki Village! The bestest villiage ever!"(Kamoume)

-----

It was a barren wasteland, resembling a post apocalyptic world. The ground was ridden of life, nothing but sand and dust. 

The sky was a disgusting greenish yellow. There were clouds, too much, it covered most of the sun itself. The air was suffocating just like poison.

The land was full of skeletons. Skeletons belonging to a variety of things, dead soldiers, wyverns and goliaths. Ribs ten times the size of skelettmartyrers were scattered. It was truly, battle scene.

Among the midst of all these corpses was a girl just barely taller than 160 cm. She had long shiny, yellow hair that flowed with the wind. She wore a large, seaweed witch's hat that covered half her face. However, her bright, sharp pink eyes illuminated through the darkness.

She dusted her clothes, and casually yawned. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a giant sand worm appeared from the ground. Its mouth big enough to swallow a car, its tail longer than a metro train. The giant swerved towards the girl, about to swallow her whole. It looked dire for her, no ones has ever survived the destructive stomach acid of the best... but that, did not happen.

She waved her hands a little, making a semi-circle turning counter clockwise. A small gaseous ball was sent into the worms mouth. Suddenly, it wiggled away, its segmented body, bloated, moving up and down. Out of nowhere, like a pipe, blood gushed out, spewing like a hose. Its body burst, blood exploded, its exoskeleton shattered into a million pieces, scattering everywhere like broken glass

The worm was no more, leaving nothing but destroyed and bloody body parts. It showered red, and the girl reacted to it by moving her hands once more.

The droplets froze in the spot, not moving, not even an inch. As her hands moved one last time, the blood, all of it, gathered into one giant sphere. Fire surrounded it, instantly evaporating it into nothingness. 

"Hah~, nothings interesting no more... hmm what is this?"(girl)

Her eyes changed colours, turning pure white then to a deep golden yellow. She stared at her chest, curiously.

"A link... heh, this outta be interesting. What kind of poor soul am I bound to?"(girl)

She giggled hysterically.

"Welp, no use just standing here."(girl)

As she said that she summoned a staff from the air, and struck the ground with it, a large blue light surrounded her and then... she disappeared.

could this be a new villain? Or an ally? No one knows! Tune in next time, my wormlings~~ -love MaPa Kumiho

25