Chapter 65: The Bath Time
171 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiko POV

Cheryl softly, and genuinely, smiled backed, having me wish I could do the same.

Adorning a set of pearly whites in perfect form, I have after all, had experience in it. A heavy weight had been placed on me and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Honest to god I wish I didn't have this fear but I do...

Wish I was strong enough to be someone else.

"Oh dear me, my apologies for my tardiness!"(Camilla)

Tap tap

With a clap of her hands the entire world, well room, had changed. From cold ruins to a warm dining room with a well lit chandelier. 

Immediately being dazed in awe as the walls changed like the floor and ceiling. The table was long and made with a strong, smooth wood with a deep, rich shade of brown. 

I felt a little something bump my back which made my fall backwards. Landing on a chair I was brought forward onto the table, Cheryl was next to me and Camilla across. 

"w- woah."(Reiko)

I said in awe. 

Soon came the entre as a white slender arm opened the door and brought a large mushroom inside. Mu- mushrooms again. 

I was visibly down upon seeing this.

"S- sorry, I don't really have a full pantry after eighty odd years or so."(Camilla)

That's alright... I guess eat another mushroom I guess... it's not too bad... rubbery and bland, exactly the same puffball I ate. 

I could tell Camilla noticed my reaction. It's okay it's not your fault... I'm grateful...

"Have this."(Camilla)

She was twiddling her thumbs as she gave me a bottle to drink.

Nodding my head I took a gulp at the liquid.

"BLEGH!"(Reiko)

It's spoilt milk!

I'm being poisoned!

My gag reflex activated as I slammed my stomach to get everything out. Not a good day... I want to cry...

Biting my tongue I soldiered through the rest of it. Cheryl giggled at my pain, being the only one alive, only I had to eat to survive. She doesn't understand my suffering...

I need meat! Protein! Something! Anything other than mushrooms!

I finished up the last bit of mushroom, chewed it up and swallowed it. 

"I would usually serve something like tea and such but I ran out... sorry..."(Camilla)

"it's alright... I'm grateful for the meal... I guess..."(Reiko)

I was a little down for sure but that didn't mean I had to be rude. 

"Oh well, since you've been travelling for a while now, how about taking a bath?"(Camilla)

"eh? I'm good."(Reiko)

"For sure! Thank you."(Cheryl)

Eh? I looked at Cheryl with a deadpan face.

"You can take a bath, I'm alright."(Reiko)

D- d- d- d- don't make e- eye contact. I'm a prey right now, the scariest thing I've ever experienced. 

"Nonsense! Look at you! There's a twig in your hair, your cloaks stained and you're all battered and bruised up! Speaking of the devil, miss Meyer do you have a basket to wash her clothes?"(Cheryl)

"Ah yes, I'll go get it, the bathhouse is over there, here I'll guide you to it."(Camilla)

"Thank you."(Cheryl)

Why have you forsaken me. 

-----

Honestly it's not that bad. 

The water is warm and there's a sort of serenity in it. Although small, it was more than enough for a nice, simple bath. It's comfy... I feel like I can just doze away...

"blurb blur..."(Reiko)

I submerged into the warmth and water. 

...

There's hair everywhere. Long white hair, hair that's too long and heavy. It's almost reaching my knees now, I need to get it cut. It's humid and hard to maintain! I want to get rid of it!

I've been busy and didn't really think about it until now, but now that I got some breathing room, maybe I should get a knife and just cut it myself. 

You know what, that's what I'm going to do!

"Yeah!"(Reiko)

Splash! 

Ah...

My hand was raised up to the air in a fist as I had jumped up out of the water. 

Eh he he...

I blushed and immediately got back down. Eh... I can't believe I did that... I'm supposed to be more mature than this no? 

eh he...

This little body, sometimes I feel like this little body is doing things on its own. Am I getting younger at heart I wonder? I wonder if I'll also become more feminine too. Uwah, that'd be a problem. 

When I just reincarnated I was so embarrassed by just looking in a mirror, now I'm comfortable being able to take a bath. I don't want to lose myself, at least I wont wear a dress anytime soon. 

Well I've been in here long enough. 

Getting up, I reached for the towel and headed to the exit. 

Thump

"Huh? When did you get here!?"(Reiko)

"Oh, not too long~"(Cheryl)

She said that with a grin and cheeks dyed pink. What do you mean?! What did you see!? 

Eh wait w- what is that!? What are you holding!?

To the side there was an ominous basin. Bad news, this was bad news! My ears perking up, panic alarms going off. I have to get away, must run away! 

Quickly scurrying past and bolting to the door, well, I tried to. 

Grabbing me by the nape she had shut eyes and a sinister smile.

"Going somewhere?"(Cheryl)

"AH NO!"(Reiko)

I've been caught, I've been snared! No no no no! The door is going away! 

Uh uh. 

Shwee

"Oh?"(Cheryl)

Smacking her hand with my tail, I managed her grip loose. 

Fr- freedom! 

...huh? Wait no, I'm not getting closer. 

Flushed with fear as the door only got farther. 

"Don't make this hard for me Reiko..."(Cheryl)

Wind was dragging me closer to Cheryl. It didn't matter what I did, I was doomed from the start. 

...

Help me.

Please someone help me.

"Look at all this dirt and grime! How do you live like this!"(Cheryl)

"Stappit! It hurts!"(Reiko)

With a loofah she was clawing down on my back. It should be all red by now! 

Why does she have such barbarian strength! I feel like I'm being grinded to a stone! 

My arms, legs, back, everywhere is tomato red. It stings to a touch. Even after all the times I've been through it, I'm still not used to bath time. 

"Now onto the hair. Hmmm? What's wrong? Everything okay."(Cheryl)

I am dead inside, my soul has left this body. It's been a solid minute since I've had to endure this again. A- at least she's gentle with my hair. A giant glob of soap on the top of my head treading all the way down to my split ends. 

Massaged my hair gently unlike the war crime on the rest of my body. 

I need to lie down.

I remember the first time I went through this. 

It was so much that I almost cried. I shiver every time I think about it.

Gathering water from a wood basin, she poured it onto my head and rinsed the soap off. My hair was caressed as the water poured onto it and washed the remaining debris off with the shampoo. 

"Reiko look at this."(Cheryl)

Hmm?

"Bleh-"(Reiko)

She shot water into my face. Using the ancient technique of squeezing water in the hand, she shot a stream of water like a water gun. She wore a cheeky grin along with it too. 

"Hehehe~"(Cheryl)

"..."(Reiko)

"He he..."(Cheryl)

"..."(Reiko)

"..."(Cheryl)

"..."(Reiko)

Bath time was now over. 

-----

"uhh..."(Reiko)

They say a bath is supposed to be refreshing, but instead I am exhausted, from head to toe. Rolled up like a maki roll, the towel my seaweed, lying on a bed too glamourous for my paycheck. 

"Come on now, get dressed, you'll get a cold."(Cheryl)

"kay..."(Reiko)

Huh?

"Where's my clothes?"(Reiko)

"Oh yeah they're going to be washed, so...

miss Meyer so generously...

Ta da~!"(Cheryl)

She held a simple pink night gown in the air with a gleam. 

Wait a minute, is THAT FOR ME!?

HUH NO THANK YOU. 

In fear I rolled away and hid under the blanket sheets.

"Don't be shy, you're going to adorable~!"(Cheryl)

A sinister wicked grin. Inching ever so closer I tried to run away but-

"Uwah!"(Reiko)

She grabbed my arm and held me up as if I was weightless. I resisted, I defied, I swung my arms frantically for naught, the beast was too strong for my puny body to do anything. 

"HALLLP!!!"(Reiko)

--

"Awe don't be like that."(Cheryl)

"It's too frilly, it's too pink, it's too big."(Reiko)

This pink monstrosity was too big, my hand didn't even reach the ends. Not too mention how weird it felt having to go to bed with a dress. I'm getting flashbacks to the clothes store already...

Visible anger and grump on my face, scoffed off by Cheryl as if it was nothing. 

"It's okay, you'll grow into it! After all, Camilla told me it was too small for her~"(Cheryl)

Oi, that's not the problem here. 

Today's not been a good day, it was in fact terrible. I just want to lie down on bed and fall asleep. 

"Reiko, dear, you're hair's still a little wet, let's dry it off before going to bed okay?"(Cheryl)

"no... uwah!"(Reiko)

"Don't be like that."(Cheryl)

Grabbing me from the armpits she set me down upright. I felt a little heat coming from my side, turning to face it- WAAHHH!

Body tensing up as I saw ball of fire right next to me. 

"Shhh, it's alright, see, it's not going to hurt you."(Cheryl)

The ball weakened and then there came a light breeze. Going along the with the fire, the wind became a small gust of heat. Coming from all around my head, from the top to all the way down to the bottom. It dried my hair like a sort of magical fantasy hair dryer. 

"See, it's safe."(Cheryl)

Not having a comb or brush, Cheryl used her fingers instead, caressing and brushing my hair. 

"You really have such a lovely hair no? Makes me a little jealous."(Cheryl)

"hmm? What do you mean?"(Reiko)

"Well your hair's thick and smooth as if I was treading silk, but strangely, if I hold onto it tight it feels like I am holding onto a sharp blade."(Cheryl)

That's weird...

It didn't take long before my hair was completely dry. About this time was when I felt a little sleepy. A yawn coming out of my mouth as I fell flat on top of the bed, flat on my back. 

The lights went off and soon I was off to sleep.

Squeek...

Except I wasn't...

"m- may be able to spend the night with you two?"(Camilla)

From the open door was Camilla in a simple white gown. 

"it's alright."(Cheryl)

She whispered to her, wearing a motherly smile. Camilla tiptoed and climb onto the mattress. 

We were tightly packed with three people, but it was still bearable I guess...

I closed on my eyes and soon fell asleep.

...

"...am I making this awkward?"(Camilla)

"it's alright."(Cheryl)

Please go to sleep, I'm tired...

"There is nothing scarier than bath time." -Reiko Ketsui.

4