Chapter 19 – More Than Before
820 22 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 – More Than Before.

Callie groaned as she woke, grimacing. She hurt. No, that wasn’t quite true. Her chest hurt, and her neck was still a bit tingly.

She felt herself go very red as she remembered what had happened in the middle of the night. The feelings. The sounds.

She wanted to bury her head in her pillow out of embarrassment. She was certain that everyone had heard her, even Uriah. She’d been squeezing his hand after all, and she... she had no idea of what he’d thought about it all. Amber could have warned them about how... intimate... feeding was. For both parties.

She wanted to be making those sorts of noises for Uriah. Especially if her body eventually matched her ideal image, but would probably do so even if it didn’t. But...

But she couldn’t deny that she had enjoyed it. That, yes, she did like Julia. Julia had grown on her over the last few days. A lot. And if she wanted to feed again, Callie would let her. Willingly. And all that was ignoring that she was their only real option. It wouldn’t have mattered if there had been other options. She would have still willingly been the one.

Julia had not returned to the other bed. Callie could feel her there, snuggled up against her as she snuggled up against Uriah, all three of them under the sheets. At least Julia had stripped off some clothes at some point. Her body was warm, and she smelt of flowers. And blood. Mixed with Uriah’s scent, it was rather nice. Comforting. Felicia had migrated over as well, her furry body curled up on top of the pillows, her hair mingling with Callie’s.

Callie pulled herself closer to Uriah, breathing into his neck, lightly kissing him. “Am I a bad girl?” she whispered, not that there was any purpose to doing so. The others would clearly hear, if they were awake. “Have I betrayed you, for agreeing to that? For enjoying it so much? For being willing, and knowing that I’d do it again?” She knew that he was awake and listening, the awareness part of the magic that now bonded them. “I love you first and foremost, Uri. You mean the world and more to me. You really do.”

Uriah rolled over, his arm going over her, one of his legs over her as well, facing her, his features still clear to her even in the dull light. She liked that. A lot. “I...” Uriah looked conflicted. “I can’t deny that I am jealous. I wanted that response from you to be from me. For us...” he trailed off, looking highly embarrassed at the thoughts that she could actually sense, the images likely very clear to him in his mind right at this point in time. “I know that it’s a bit more difficult for us at the moment, and that all of this is very new and, yes, I am rambling a bit.” Uriah gave a nervous chuckle. “You could sense them couldn’t you?”

“Mmm, yup.” She wasn’t in a position to nod.

“She stayed too,” he continued, lifting his arm a little to prod Julia, a contended murmur the response. “She knows what she wants, even if she uses feeding as an excuse. But, I can’t deny that I enjoyed it too. A lot. That bond that we have is powerful, and I could feel it. Intense and strong, and it just made me want you, so badly. So much.” Uriah leaned his head in, lips brushing hers as he ran a hand gently through her hair. As if she was going to refuse the opportunity, Callie moving that little bit closer and kissing him deeply, Uriah responding back as his hand went down her back, under her singlet, pulling her closer still. Their bodies right up against each other. Their skin, those parts, and her now developing breasts. Callie wrapped her arm around his back, her hand tracing lines on his bare skin. Dammit. She was horny, and she had no idea what to do about it. Except kiss him some more, their hands exploring each other, even if they weren’t as alone as she had wanted to be for something like this.

She wanted him. Needed him, oh so badly.

Callie felt a soft paw bonk her on her head, Felicia’s voice clear and direct. ‘You’re broadcasting, rather loudly. I’d be surprised if Julia isn’t feeling it as well, even though she is partially responsible for it all.’

Embarrassment dominated again, the desire slowly fading away as she pulled back a little from Uriah. “Sorry,” she murmured.

“For that I will not allow you to be sorry,” he stated with a smile. That warm, caring smile that was also just a little bit cheeky. “I wanted it just as much. And I do love you, Callie. So very much. We’re lovers in more than just words now.”

She reached up, tracing her fingers along his face. Of the man that was truly hers now, her heart fluttering in her chest at the memory of the words said.

Things had gotten a little more complicated again though. Who was she kidding? A lot more complicated. At least for her. Julia... Julia was more than intertwined with them now. Literally at the moment, and she wasn’t denying her. Julia had wanted that though, hadn’t she? Right from the beginning, and everything that she had said and hinted at. As to the marriage? That was their parents’ thing, wasn’t it, not theirs? Julia had said that she’d wanted it, but also that there were other options as well, options that Callie strongly suspected were starting to develop right now. Vampire’s gift had played straight into that one. Perhaps Julia’s wish there would come true, that they all would get what they wanted, to some degree. Well, the four of them. Certainly not her parents. Ever.

“She’s a part of all of this too, isn’t she? Part of this relationship...” As much a question as a statement. She wanted, needed, to know what he thought of all this. “Will you deny her? I... I don’t think I can...”

“No, I won’t. For you.” Short and to the point, Uriah pulling back in for another kiss, that she did not deny. Sweet, passionate, and oh so needed. And if she was broadcasting with this one, as Felicia had put it, she didn’t care.

She felt Julia shift, pulling herself back in closer, an arm wrapping over her from behind, her breath warm on her neck. “Thanks.” A quiet murmur. Julia really did seem to have this habit of being awake and fully aware at certain times.

She must have dozed off again, snuggling up with Uriah just too good, the room a lot lighter when she came to again. Both because one of the curtains had been pulled, and also because a couple of hours had passed. She was feeling a lot better, and more settled in her decisions. Uriah was awake, smiling at her as she looked at him, and giving her a quick kiss. He felt happy, the sensation odd, yet also nice.

“You’re getting softer, and more shapely in some areas,” he said, moving a little and sitting up.

Oh yeah. She had felt sore this morning, but that seemed to be gone now. She ran a hand along a patch of bare skin, still under the blankets, and couldn’t help the smile. Uriah was right. Her skin did feel softer and smoother. It was really nice. She liked it. As to her shape, that was a bit harder? She did feel a little more padded around her hips? And as to the source of the pain this morning? A brief touch of her hand confirmed what she’s assumed earlier.

‘I’m growing breasts!’ she sent excitedly to Felicia, as she pulled herself up and sat in the bed with Uriah. The shape was a hundred percent there. Small, but there was no mistake about it. She absolutely loved her magic.

Heehe. It’s a great feeling, isn’t it, becoming the person that you always were, in form as well as declaration. And I have you to thank for that as well.’

“I’m jealous that you make it look so easy.”

Callie looked over at Julia, who was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in her hands, dressed in not that much at all, and then at the mess that was the kitchen bench. She couldn’t help but grin. Those days were long past her, and even Uriah, the kitchen disaster that he was, didn’t generate that kind of state.

“I could have done it for you, you know.”

“I know,” Julia answered, taking a sip of her coffee, her eyes wandering over them. Both of them. Did she have any idea of how attractive she was, sitting like that? “But this is the least of the things that I’m probably going to have to learn.”

“You feeling better? Sated?”

Julia blushed. Really blushed, as she tried to hide behind the coffee, Callie registering a ping of something.

“You have no idea how decadent your blood tasted,” Julia mumbled, staring into her coffee. “In comparison, everything else tastes a bit bland.” She took a sip of her coffee, made a face, and looked back up at her. “The intense craving is gone, for the moment at least. Not even anything in the background. As to how long?” Julia shrugged. “Amber really didn’t tell us much at all, did she?”

Callie shook her head in agreement.

Julia stared at her coffee again, taking another sip. It smelled very strong. How much had she put into it? “Thanks, for accepting me.”

Callie fiddled with her ring nervously. “We still have a lot to learn, and work out.”

“And don’t forget that she is my wife,” Uriah stated, wrapping his arm around Callie and pulling her in, Callie happily leaning into him. He was still jealous, and rightly so. This thing, this form of relationship, that Julia wanted, wasn’t going to be easy, even though she wanted it too.

“Oh, I am more than aware of that,” Julia grinned, her fangs plain to see. “It was obvious from the day that we met.”

‘And how do you feel about all of this?’ she asked Felicia, who was curled up in her familiar form on one of the other chairs, basking in the sunlight that was steaming in through the window. ‘You seem rather fond of Julia.’

Just fond? I’m pretty sure I downright flirted with her the second I laid eyes on her!’ Felicia opened her eyes, giving Callie the most amused smile that she had ever seen on a fox, which was rather adorable all things considered. ‘I declare that she’s mine in the same way that Uriah is yours; there’s just going to be some sharing involved.’ Her mental voice went softer, and a lot more serious. ‘It makes things a lot easier, given that I’m your familiar, and we are more than just a little bit connected. I am more than happy with this type of relationship, but you are correct, we all have a lot to learn. Julia, I think, doesn’t fully realise the extent of what she was after, and has now gained, ignoring her changed nature.’

There was a surge of magic, warm light enveloping Felicia as she changed to her human form, Julia looking a little startled as Felicia took the two steps and then sat in her lap, facing her, her face a mask of perfect seriousness. “I like you a lot, and I want more from us than just cuddles. A lot more.”

Julia blinked, her face going red again, as she carefully placed her cup onto the table. There was a pause, silence filling the room, as Julia looked at Felicia, Felicia looking back.

“I.. would like that, a lot,” Julia eventually answered, still staring at Felicia. “However it works, given that you are Callie’s familiar.”

“I am my own woman, you know,” Felicia declared with mock hurt, before breaking out into a smile. “Yes, new territory for us all.” She chuckled, and then wrapped her arms around Julia’s neck. “I declare that you are mine then, though I am happy to share you with my witch.” Not waiting for a response, Felicia leaned in for a kiss, Julia wrapping her arms around Felicia in return as the kiss became a bit more than just that. Felicia was radiating more than just a little bit of happiness, both blushing once they finally pulled apart.

“You are very forward,” Julia said, her arms still around Felicia, a smile on her lips. “I have a lot to learn about you it seems.”

“Looking forward to it,” Felicia replied with a cheeky grin. “Love at first sight is just the beginning after all.”

“And full of confidence too it seems!”

Felicia giggled, giving Julia another kiss, before warm light enveloped her again, and she was back to her fox form, sitting in Julia’s lap, her tail wagging happily.

“Hey, that’s cheating,” Julia pouted, her hand patting Felicia anyway.

Felicia giggled over their bond, a smile on her foxy face.

“I should make us something,” Callie stated as she slid out of the bed and put on her jeans. “Coffee?” she asked, looking at Uriah. Not that she didn’t already know what his answer would be. She knew him after all.

“Please,” he replied a little sheepishly.

“And would you like a new cup?” she asked as she passed Julia.

“Umm, yeah,” Julia admitted, pushing the cup towards Callie.

‘And you?’

Nah. Happy like this at the moment.’ Callie chuckled at that.

From all that had happened, it was rather therapeutic, making the coffee and sorting some food for them all. Something that she’d always done, every morning, even if there was an extra person now. But it felt natural, doing it for Julia as well.

Uriah had dressed and shaved by the time that she set the food and coffee down on the table, reminding her that she’d need to do the same, Callie then standing there stunned as she ran her fingers along her completely smooth face. She wasn’t complaining at all, but wow. More changes, and she was super happy about that. Shaving had always been a pain.

“Your mark...” Uriah observed as he started eating his food, his eyes on her arm. “It’s changed again, and I don’t think our vampire acquaintance was aware of just how large it actually is.”

Callie stared at her arm, and then stared some more. She’d felt the pain as it had changed and made its claim on that part of her body, but she really hadn’t taken the time to actually look. It went all the way up her lower arm, tendrils wrapping themselves around her elbow and stretching up past that. Lines that all held intent and meaning, but for these, she wasn’t as sure. Almost as if the ones on the back of her hand wanted to be known, but everything else was holding its secrets close. It was beautiful though, mesmerising, in very much the same style. And her hand had changed a bit again. The connection to Uriah was more vivid, wrapping around the ring with intent and then trailing down her finger, the nature of their bond clear. Partners for life, sharing it together. And a connection to Julia now, trailing off in a third direction, tinged with the aspect of blood. The marks said a lot, for those who could understand them, and that felt almost a little dangerous. Secrets openly on display.

“You’re all there.” She smiled, happy about that, even with the issues that it could cause. She knew after all that her parents had no idea as to their true meaning, that few Guardians actually did.

And she and Felicia were on Julia’s too. Hers had changed completely, the mark visible as Julia ate her food, Callie not even trying to hide that she was looking. She had no need to. Its simplistic style was gone, now matching the way that hers and Uriah’s were formed, intricate lines and patterns that took up the whole back of her hand. Aspect of air, thirst for knowledge. Thirst for blood, aspect of blood, her vampiric nature very clear. A set of lines that represented her, the witch, intertwined with Julia’s nature, and then another that came off that for Felicia. An aspect that would change as their relationship grew.

Uriah’s was the only one that hadn’t changed much since the battle, except for the part that represented them, now strong, vibrant, and somewhat dominating, lines also trailing down his ring finger as it did for her. What they had done and declared, it meant the world to him too.

To say that made her happy would be an understatement.

Relationships are complicated. And this one, I think, is going to take some time to fully work out.

Spoiler

Who am I kidding, it's definitely going to take some time, given what everyone wants out of it. But hey, it's a start, right?

[collapse]

The next chapter (20 – Sins of the Family) will be out within the next week. Yes, the chapter title means something. It always does ^^ (*she had a lot of fun and many headaches trying to come up with them*).

If you'd like to support my writing, please consider supporting my Pateron. It currently has advance chapters of What Lies Within, and Wolf Mother (still just one chapter, but I will be getting back to it). You can also find published versions of some of my stories on all amazon stores (Amazon US store). If you do purchase, please consider rating as well. It means a lot. It's another great way of supporting authors.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Comments etc are welcome. There is also a discord Server if you'd just like to chat: https://discord.gg/Y2gaPFB6X6 (as well as a bunch of other stuff; we're nice people). It also has a channel with larger versions of all of the covers, since SH and RR only store tiny versions.

Don't forget to check out my other stories if you like my writing. ^^ I'm especially proud of Esper and the Witch.

55