Chapter 020: Miscommunication: I Hate You!
1.1k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A figure slowly descended from the dark sky.

Tian Lang felt the silhouette familiar. The same silhouette that faded away from his vision once and showed him the wonders of Dragon Crystal.

Only this time, this time the silhouette came to him rather than fading away.

Ignoring all the spectators, the human flashed a grin and asked amusedly, “Missed me?”

Tian Lang waited no longer. He jumped to the sky and bounced on the bouncy fleshy mounds.

Wooh~

He missed it. Tian Lang really missed this Human. For both the bountiful fleshy mounds and Dragon Crystals.

“Oh, look at you, I don’t even know if you are too innocent or just being straight-up perverted.”

Perverted?

Tian Lang sent her a perplexed puppy look all the while being comforted by her mounds.

The human’s eyes twitched a little and sighed, “I guess you’re too innocent.”

It looked at the other humans on the ground and slowly said, “I will take back my foolish pup. Does anyone have a problem?”

Uncle Albar quickly stepped forward and pressed down the small human’s head. He respectfully bowed. Then in an awed tone, it said, “We beg your forgiveness, Your Highness! We had eyes but failed to recognize your pet. By all means, I reassure you we had no ill intentions. It’s just a misunderstanding.”

Was the floating human a King or Queen of a territory? Neither the old mercenary nor anyone could say for sure. But no one dared to say otherwise. The other party floated in the sky, that alone said their strength. It already surpassed Level 6 [Elder]!

They dared not blemish the other party even in their thoughts.

Uncle Albar kept its head down both in fear and respect.

Seconds passed and minutes arrived.

Even then Uncle Albar heard no reply or any painful scream.

Finally, it slightly raised its head only to see the empty night sky.

...

“It’s been a while since someone forced me to reveal myself outside the tower but you Little Tian did that~ But I’m more worried about you.” The beautiful human flew while scratching Tian Lang’s neck.

Tian Lang blissfully enjoyed the scratching while making ‘weh~’ sound.

“It’s not that you’re not learning. You’re learning fast and realize things faster than average humans too. But you’re lacking common sense. They’re really common, ok~? I guess that’s the reason you can’t understand them. Since you learned complex things, your spirit naturally ignores the less complex and natural things of the mundane world.”

The human abruptly stopped and looked at Tian Lang carefully. Nothing looked out of place about Tian Lang but it definitely felt another presence for an instant. Tracing Tian Lang’s neck to the front leg, it suddenly changed to the shadow.

Then sparks flew and the leopard was forced out of the shadow.

The human raised its brows, “Shadow?”

For once, the leopard didn’t show an aggressive expression as soon as its appearance. It looked at its left and right, clearly surprised.

“Looks a bit similar to the Night Leopard? Night Leopard’s next mutated evolution? I thought that experiment failed... Wait, Little Tian~ you went to Valley of Eternal Ruins. I set you specifically on a different path so you won’t go there but you ignored the easy path and went there, *sigh*

“Since you’re still alive, I guess you didn’t encounter Ruin Eaters.” The human let the leopard go, which immediately returned to Tian Lang’s shadow, “Heh, you even got yourself a partner. A cool one at that. I knew you had it in you.

“Pervert~ Pup~”

While Tian Lang had yet to know what ‘pervert’ meant, he felt proud of its praise. This human was the strongest of all he met. After all, it had the biggest fleshy mounds!

Although Tian Lang felt this human was the strongest, he feared the one in the Yue Villa more. Before knowing he would feel at ease and even want to tell everything. While it was entirely different with this one. He felt no abnormal closeness and in complete control of his mental state.

He definitely liked this human more. After all, he could get Dragon Crystals from this human! The others were too stingy!

Only, he had yet to get a Dragon Crystal this time.

So he pitifully ‘woof’ed. That human in the Yue Villa could understand, no reason the stronger one won’t be able to, right?

Though, the beautiful human splendidly disappointed him. It thought something caught Tian Lang’s eyes and looked at the direction he faced.

Defeated, he resorted to his usual methods of wagging his tail and salivating furiously while licking his lips.

Which finally got through their language barrier.

The human gave him a weird look while handing him a mid-sized whitish crystal, “You sure picked some strange quirks there.”

 Tian Lang auo-ed in protest while tasting the Whitish Dragon Crystal.

“This one came from a strong and rare Dragon. A non-elemental with telekinesis. Naturally, you won’t find it here nor anytime soon.”

Tian Lang listened while slowly chewing the crystal as if he was tasting a delicacy. The taste of pure physical strength and telekinesis was indeed foreign to him. Also, a bit indulging.

He completely forgot about the much-awaited reunion with the two-legged creature and indulged himself in the delicacy.

“Your common-sense study would be hard now but if you become a holy beast it would be a lot easier. Hmm~ You won’t be cute anymore when you become a holy beast. There’s nothing to look forward to then!

“Really, I’m torn between deciding how to let you grow. I’m definitely best to train both a [Summoner] and a [Beast]. But... I don’t feel like full-on guiding after Tian Fa, ah, your name has no connection with hers, understood? Don’t like her, she is hateful. If you can give her a beating, kay?~ Welp, I guess you’re the one who's going to be at the receiving end. Weaklings have no other choices Little Tian~

“No choices~

“Hey, you’re not even listening. Tch, not cute at all. You disappoint me, Little Tian. I won’t train you. Let me tell you, anyone would beg to train under me ok? Anyone! At least, anyone within or below the Tong Tian Tower. Ah, curse Tian Fa, I hate her. I treasured her like none and she still...

“Little Tian, you would also hate me like her, won’t you. Ah, I don’t care. Even though you’re innocent and cute now, I can feel the pervertedness hidden deep inside you. All males are perverts. As an Alpha, you’ll definitely bring your claws on many beauties of various races.

“Hmm~ Maybe I should kill you and save countless tragedies? Fufu~ I’m kidding~”

When the human uttered the word, ‘kill’, Tian Lang’s furs stood to their end. His heart beat faster than any adrenaline rush he ever experienced. Only when the killing intent from the surrounding calmed down again did he calm down.

“Eh~ you’re at least vigilant. Don’t worry, even though I’m interested in you, I won’t cut you open just for that. I’m betting on you to be my ‘Goose that lays Golden Eggs’~

“I might be able to explore your secrets by cutting you up, but I’m definitely going to miss the surprises you’re going to bring.”

Seeing the confused pup becoming more confused earned a happy giggle from the human.

“You don’t have to do anything. Hey, I don’t mean you to laze around, you arrogantish pup. I mean just do whatever you want, there will be many surprises in those for me.”

Tian Lang felt like he fell in a loop of confusion. He just let his thought drift for a moment and for some reason, this human became a straight-up confusion thrower.

Awww~~!

Tian Lang grimaced. His paws hid his eyes, along with the dismay hidden within them. At least the taste from the Dragon Crystal left him alive.

“I guess we will separate soon. This time, Little Tian, you might not see me for a long time. Try to hang in there. Learn, get stronger. Only then can you live like you’re living.

“There’ll be many trying to contract with you or kill you. If you let your guard down you might die~ better getting captured~ So, good luck~”

And before he knew, Tian Lang found himself in a different location.

Naturally, minus the two-legged creature, err, human.

Tian Lang felt lost. He wanted to share so many things. So many events... and it couldn’t even understand him!

Uuwu~

Tian Lang whimpered as his body slumped on the ground, feeling dead and defeated.

Where’s my second Dragon Crystal??

It was fine that the long-awaited human couldn’t understand him. At least, he should get a few dragon crystals, right?

Right?!

But why one? Why only one?!

Unacceptable!

Tian Lang cried with no tears. After all, he had yet to finish the first crystal.

In fact, this crystal contained a huge amount of energy. It would take him hours if he wanted to slowly enjoy it!

Not like it stopped him from regretting that he couldn’t gain another Dragon Crystal.

After all, two were definitely better than one!

“So childish! Boo~ for you Tian, Booo~”

The voice jolted Tian Lang’s mind.

He abruptly turned back, only to find it empty.

Then a voice came from above, “Here idiot~” A teasing smile adorned the human’s lips, “You don’t want to form a contract with me but miss me a lot, huh?”

However, Tian Lang completely ignored her and barked.

Awwuuh! (Gimme Crystals!)

The human floated down and patted Tian Lang while comforting him, “I know there’s some cuteness inside you, little Tian~ Since you miss me, we’ll meet sooner! Enjoy a beautiful time inside the tower and we can’t meet unless you become a Holy Beast~”

Wuh! (No!)

Awuu! (Gimme Crystal!)

Then without any reply, the human suddenly disappeared from its place.

Damn!

Damn you!

I hate you! Human!

The heartbroken Tian Lang urgently wanted an answer.

Why?

Just why?

If it wasn’t going to give him a crystal, why did it come back?

He liked this human the most?

No!

He hated it. A lot.

Second crystal? Fine, he didn’t need one.

But it returned to call him an “Idiot”?

An IDIOT?

Him?

The Great Tian Lang?

He would show how great the Great Tian Lang is!

Hmph!

And so, the miscommunication between the abnormal duo continued!

32