Chapter 026: Prearranged Code
863 21 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hmm, did I add the Profanity/Strong Language tag? Cause it might be needed.

 

The Demon’s Blood Pond was entirely crimson for as far as the eye could see.

The air had a faint fishy smell. However, it wasn’t the smell of blood; it was the nine-headed monster’s disgusting body odor.

The nine-headed monster had lived in the Demon’s Blood Pond for a long time. The entire, boundless swamp of crimson was permeated with its odor. All of the countless devil bugs and wild beasts had been eradicated. The only thing one could see was some marsh snakes in all sizes that would roam about on the mire.

Tian Lang had no problem on dry land, but going into muddy water to kill a nine-headed monster caused him to react strongly. He had long adapted to the cleanliness of the human world. It went without saying, Tian Lang took pride in his fluffy silver furs.

With no other choice, Tian Lang summoned the leopard and transferred the job of attracting a Hydra to it.

The Leopard skipped past the water and hard surfaces of mud while wondering what Tian Lang wanted it to do.

Go out there and come back... with something?

The leopard was perplexed. Go where? Under the water. Or just somewhere further away.

The leopard didn’t move long before it alerted two nearly mature Hydras, which didn’t seem like anything Tian Lang would want. The leopard dissolved on the ground and materialized behind the nine-headed monsters. The surprised Hydras shrieked and chased after the leopard.

By then, all Hydras of the Demon’s Blood Pond were already attracted.

Suddenly, the mud churned as the largest Hydra rose from the water. It shrieked and spewed a bunch of black fogs from its nine mouths. Unlike Tian Lang, the leopard couldn’t shoulder everything with its body. It dived into the giant Hydra shadow and laid low.

The Hydra returned to its nest, and then the leopard realized what Tian Lang wanted it to bring.

Tian Lang wanted the Hydra Eggs!

In the early days, when the Shadow Leopard just joined Tian Lang, it saw how he destroyed so many nests just to eat eggs. It did get a few eggs on rare occasions, they tasted quite mellow, so the leopard didn’t hate them.

But how did Tian Lang know there were eggs here? And how did it (the leopard) get out of the muddy water?

The leopard found Tian Lang becoming more and more unfathomable. It was already so loyal that it felt swearing any shallow loyalty to Tian Lang would be shaming him. Just that, it felt afraid.

The leopard had long reached its growth limit. Had it not been for Tian Lang’s appearance and help, the leopard might’ve never surpassed the Gold Rank. And now, it was already ready to level up and reach Platinum Rank Level 6. But if it wanted to follow the ever-growing Tian Lang, it had to go through another variant evolution and reach the Diamond Rank.

Anyway, the leopard concentrated and thought no more. Since Tian Lang trusted it, it had to live up to that expectation.

As one of the eggs slowly entered the shadow, Mother Hydra was quite perplexed. It felt the warmth and volume of one egg slowly enter the earth. If the nine-headed Hydra was any more intelligent, it might’ve thought how an egg could penetrate the ground.

Then, another egg followed. The Mother Hydra panicked and tried to recover the egg, which in turn cracked.

Finally, the Hydra realized that it was tricked under its noses!

The egg never entered the soil. It disappeared above ground. It quickly collected the other two eggs and shrieked to summon all the nine-headed monsters.

The Hydras’ arrived fast enough only to see the egg disappear.

On another side, Tian Lang waited eagerly for the leopard to lure a Hydra to him.

It had never failed him, so Tian Lang thought how to reward the leopard.

Hm, as genius as the pup was, he thought offering the contract would be a great honor to it. Nah, too much. Maybe patting its head was enough.

Tian Lang made a cross sign next to the unrecognizable nine-headed tree-like-monster which he imagined to be a Hydra, and then a tick sign. With that, the leopard’s reward was decided.

As Tian Lang thought to draw another Hydra to demonstrate his artistic talent, the ground vibrated. A look of excitement flashed Tian Lang’s eyes. As expected, the leopard didn’t let him down.

However, the vibration soon turned to a tremor before violently quaking. Small dots became bigger at light speed.

Tian Lang took a glance at his doodles and the nine-headed monsters ahead, and the leopard that was swiftly moving in front of them...

This, this requires a retreat-strategy!

The frightened pup slandered Yue Yang’s teaching and misspelled strategic-retreat.

Who knew a Hydra was such a big and mighty existence.

But this was not enough to stop the mighty and most courageous pup of all existence! He finally met a mighty creature. He had to compare his strength against it.

B-but what about their number?

The headcounts alone petrified the pup. And they only revealed their neck and head. What about their body under the water?

This leopard... it did the job too well.

Tian Lang cried inwardly and ran back to the Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree.

All beasts had a common trait. Especially those that lived in the wilderness. When they stood before something that they can’t win against, they could feel it. However, Tian Lang lacked this trait. He couldn’t feel the overwhelming presence, nor the deterrence. He lacked and had not developed the instinct that said, ‘This is an easy prey!’ either.

This was a fact that separated Tian Lang from other beasts.

As Tian Lang returned to the Ancient Oak Tree’s thick branch, he felt drained of all energy. He was too tired to even teach the leopard a lesson. But he couldn’t blame it either. After all, it did a good job. Too good!

Since not even half-an-hour passed, Tian Lang didn’t have to worry about Yue Bing leaving him. He truly rested this time.

The leopard peeked at Tian Lang. It thought Tian Lang would ask for the eggs, but he went to sleep. Deliberating between the two eggs, the leopard decided to keep the best and intact one for Tian Lang.

The other one, it naturally went to the leopard stomach. And damn, the leopard thoroughly enjoyed it. That mellow and soft taste, along with the energy flowing in its body, it was already brimming with life.

It was a bit reluctant to part with the eggshells and kept them in the shadows. Then like always, it performed its duty by letting Tian Lang rest in warmth.

As both Tian Lang and Shadow Leopard drifted in their own dream, the Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree’s green light shone, and a burst of green light rain fell down, immersing Tian Lang within it.

The green-colored light rain from the Ancient Oak Tree continued for a long time, and an endless amount of energy from the light rain was integrated into Tian Lang and the Shadow Leopard’s bodies…

Suddenly, along with the green light, purple-gold light flowed out of Tian Lang’s body.

The Shadow Leopard was jolted up. It found itself surrounded by green and white-colored light. The light source was Tian Lang’s body, which wasn’t in its embrace anymore and floated in the sky.

The light reflected on Tian Lang’s collar, and they broke into triangular pieces. The broken pieces and the contents floated in the air and stopped proportionately to Tian Lang’s position.

The purple slab in his sea of consciousness lit up as strings of criss-cross flashed on it.

[Unknown Creature, Tian Lang can’t go through further Rank Evolution.
Reason: According to the Ancient Code, Unknown Creature, Tian Lang has reached the Rank Evolution Limit.]

[Commencing Racial Evolution under Unknown Creature, Tian Lang’s, racial category.]

[Searching for higher racial information.]

[No racial information found.
Reason: According to the Ancient Code, Unknown Creature, Tian Lang, doesn’t fall under any category.]

[No Evolution Path found, the evolution process will stop in 400 seconds.
Reason: Possible match; Ancient Code #301/#322/#309.
Limit Ancient or Higher Grade Evolution/ Terminate Unknown Existences/ Control higher leaps during evolution.]

[A prearranged code triggered under the current condition: Limitation forced during growth by Ancient Code.]

[Executing Event #3; Code Name: Fuck. You.
Invoking prearranged Law of Immemorial.]

[Listing Evolution Path from Source Physique.]

[Source Found: Immortal, God, Human, Devil, World Tree, Fate, Dragon, Titan, Snake, Slaughterer, Abyss, Turtle, Elf, Goblin, Kangaroo, Ant,...] (Omitted)

[Searching Evolution Path from Source.]

[Evolution Path cannot be found.
Reason#1: A bloodline synergy has formed between the bloodlines.
Reason#2: A Chaotic Source has been found.
Conclusion#1: Unknown Creature, Tian Lang, has been identified as Chaotic Being.
Conclusion#2: Rank and Racial Evolution are ineffective to the Chaotic Being.
Conclusion#3: A suitable physique is required to connect to the Chaotic Source.]

[Standard physique of All Evolution is suitable to connect to the Chaotic Source.]

[Listing Chaotic Being, Tian Lang’s, physique evolution requirements:
#1: Gigantic Size; Not possible to connect with Chaotic Source, Limited Potential.
#2: Bigger Breasts; Sex requirement not met, bloodline synergy disallows all forms of deformation.
#3: Humanoid Transformation; Possible unknown consequences to the Chaotic Being.]

[According to the Independent Grimoire Law #**: Best choice shall be chosen during [Summoner]’s incompetence.]

[Chaotic Being, Tian Lang, will go through Standard Physique Evolution.]

 

[Connecting to the Chaotic Source.]

[Bloodline Synergy is reacting to the Standard Physique.
Outcome: Possible constitutional difference. Further physical change might be noticed.]

...

Outside the Tong Tian Tower, Shang Wu Camp

A human behind the desk suddenly paused. It turned and looked in Tong Tian Tower’s direction. It smiled in pleasant surprise as if the myriad layers of obstruction meant nothing to its eyes.

“Little Tian, even if you’re super lucky, how can you become a Holy Beast so fast? And here I was planning to provide lots of benefits to level you up and evolve soon. Haih. Now I have to worry about what you do from now on.”

Suddenly the human pouted, “Humph, why am I working so hard without any pay. I want a bonus too! Aish, wait. Y-you won’t have that fluffy furs anymore. I-I, where would I get my bonus from?!”

The human became mortified and dropped the topic altogether.

“I’m not gonna care about you. How can my cute pup surprise me like that...”

As the human grumbled for no reason particularly–other than to amuse itself–a burly human stopped in front of it. It had a fawning smile on its face, “Big-breasted beauty, I am lacking a reference. If you support me now, I can accompany you during your lonely times. Look, your sadness already brought me to tears.”

The big fleshy-mounded human frowned. Not to mention it didn’t notify the next human’s turn. This burly human dared to interrupt while it was lost in thought!

“Servants, drag him out to beat him up until he becomes a vegetable. If he dies from the beating, then throw him outside and feed him to the wild dogs!” A guardian angel with six blood-red wings materialized behind the beautiful human. The guardian angel struck out with its palm, causing the heavy human to fly outwards.

Bang

It crashed through a wall, broke through the door, and fell out onto the main street.

“Are you looking to die?” A few guards clad in golden armor heard what happened and began to move, violently beating up the muscular human!

 

End of the LLS Vol. 1

Please comment and review your thoughts.

32