Chapter 027: Could It Be…? Yep!
784 11 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, Dear Readers, This is the start of Volume 2.

Good news, we have a schedule for LLS now: 3/Week

And the bad news is, we have advanced chapters on Patreon. For now it's 3 but I'm planning to make it 9 which will take 3-4 weeks, maybe more. I think. That's all, enjoy.

While great changes took place outside, Tian Lang found himself floating in a strange space.

A golden halo, a black dagger, and an essence crystal of varying colors surrounded him. Following the items, different scenes took place behind them. And they extended as far as eyes could go.

Behind the golden halo was a vast space. A human-like existence could be seen there. It had a tall frame and small fleshy-mounds. It kept moving its fingers in the air as different types of twisted characters, similar to those in the purple block in Tian Lang’s mind, flowed out of its body and fell on the Purple Grimoire floating in the air. The Grimoire vibrated every now and then. Following that, space tore from different areas as various known and unknown creatures entered the scene.

Behind the black dagger, there was nothing but a dark space that twisted and churned. It maintained an eternal silence. As if it lacked any presence of life or death.

The essence crystal, which took the least space, had varieties of creatures. Tian Lang recognized some of them, and some he didn’t. Most of which looked similar to Dragons. He even caught a glimpse of a Dragon that killed many others without even lifting its head.

Suddenly, grain-like particles of mixed colors started to flood the scenes. Anything touched by those grains immediately collapsed, but as those grains hit, what Tian Lang conceptualized to be his body, they passed like water flowing away.

Helpless, Tian Lang could only see and do nothing.

At that moment, golden light poured down from above. The essence crystal melted along with it and got absorbed into Tian Lang’s body. His form started to transform. Along with it, a runic string shot out of his body. It extended a meter, then turned and made a circle. Rounds after rounds, in a rhythmic but irregular way. In a matter of seconds, it caged Tian Lang. Immediately after, the Runic Cage expanded slowly.

Although the cage had innumerable holes and openings, all grains failed to enter the cage. But everything also changed around Tian Lang.

The mystical scenes disappeared. The last bit of essence crystal melted away, the black dagger also vanished without a trace, only the golden halo remained.

Finally, feeling himself free of all restrictions, Tian Lang moved next to the halo. For some reason, he felt a sense of familiarity with this halo.

Although it somewhat reminded him of the purple treasure, it was different.

Did I see this glow before? Tian Lang wondered as he spun around the halo.

From how it glowed, Tian Lang doubted there to be any items in it.

Still, how could the curious pup refuse his urge to explore the unknown?

Without any warning, he swiped his paw at the halo, only...

Where did his cute, fluffy, stumpy, and adorable paw go?

The hell with these fingers and skin?!

However, Tian Lang’s rumination cut short. When his new-found hand touched the golden halo, an influx of new and inexplicable knowledge overwhelmed him. It was like he connected to an external knowledge source, which was too big for him to handle. There was so much knowledge, experience, emotions that it suppressed Tian Lang’s ego.

True Balance Art

It was like a whisper, gentle and faded voice, distracting Tian Lang from the overwhelming sensation.

True Balance Art? Tian Lang wondered. At the same time, from the influx of knowledge, a part suddenly became clear. Tian Lang understood what True Chaotic Balance Art was and what to do with it.

He followed the guidance unconsciously and started to sense his Being.

But no matter how Tian Lang tried, his consciousness just spread far and far, yet he couldn’t sense his Being. According to the art, such occurrences were normal for some. So Tian Lang’s concentration very subtly switched from Being to Self.

But Tian Lang only found disorder here. Nothing but chaos.

It was similar to breaking down hundreds of buildings made of different metals to make one sturdy building. But in-between the process, the metals reacted strongly. They broke down and mixed with others. They lost their original source while becoming something entirely new.

Something unknown and chaotic.

Those metals lacked stability, but at the same time, the similar properties between those metals reacted together and formed a synergy.

Following that synergy, the True Balance Art gave them a balance point. All chaotic energy halted. The destructive power behind them subsided, and their movement became very close to nature.

Unquenchable Mystic Body

The whisper sounded again.

However, this time, Tian Lang didn’t fall for it and turned to search for the source. Yet his restless mind repeated the name.

Unquenchable Mystic Body?

In that instant, the same process replayed. Tian Lang understood what it did and how to practice it. The stagnant veins in his new body opened up and greedily sucked in energy from the atmohalo. The collected energy quenched his body and rebuilt his acupunctures.

The process felt so soothing and comfortable that the inexperienced pup fell unconscious and slept like a log.

...

Yue Bing couldn’t believe its eyes. Never in its life did it imagine or thought of encountering such an unbelievable situation.

After Yue Bing accepted the Level 4 mission to hunt ten [Pond Crocodiles], it hastened its pace. No matter what others said, it felt a sense of responsibility towards Tian Lang. Its mother loved and cared for Tian Lang. Not to mention Yue Bing itself took a liking to the foolish but understanding pup.

Besides, Yue Bing was slightly afraid that one of the hundred Dryad Warriors would throw Tian Lang out because of disrespect or attempted harm.

The [Pond Crocodiles] were only level 3 beasts. Yue Bing’s Bronze-ranked Level 3 [Treant Warriors] had an absolute advantage over them. But [Pond Crocodiles] hardly came out unless any beast-type creatures approached the pond. Yue Bing, who had nothing but plant-type beasts, lacked the means of luring them out.

One can’t come prepared for lower-level missions either, as the tasks changed randomly.

Yue Bing gritted its teeth and summoned a Normal-ranked Level-4 [Overlord Thorny Flower]. It threw the rations near the pond and used [Overlord Thorny Flower]’s [Poison Spit] on them.

Instantly, a smell of charred meat invaded the air. Multiple Pond Crocodiles surfaced at once. The [Overlord Thorny Flower] and two [Treant Warriors] fought a fierce battle. The battle drew out for almost an hour. One of the [Treant Warriors] died. If Yue Bing had not rushed, it would’ve waited patiently and battled against the crocodiles one at a time.

Still, Yue Bing felt relieved. With this, it completed its refining mission, and the [Treant Warrior] could finally level up. All its hard work wasn’t in vain!

Mother won’t have to worry about me anymore. I did well by not sending the letter. I’ll write a new one telling her that I passed the test myself!

Yue Bing smiled as it returned under the Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree. Tian Lang should still be sleeping now. Yue Bing had a headache thinking how it was gonna get him down from the tree.

But the scene completely astonished Yue Bing.

A big leopard replaced Tian Lang’s place, and above it, the shape of a small pup let out a green, golden, and purple light. The Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree rained green light on the floating figure.

From the size and shape of that light, Yue Bing knew that it was Tian Lang.

But what was happening to him? Did he harm the Ancient Oak Tree and was being punished by it?

That didn’t sound right. If Tian Lang did so, the Dryad Warriors should’ve attacked and expelled him out of the Blackstone Labyrinth.

The Ten-Thousand-Year Ancient Oak Tree had spiritual intelligence. Through which it gave the reward to warriors for successfully completing the missions.

The main body of the [Treant Warrior] stood before Yue Bing. The origin of that leopard was suspicious. Someone might be lying in ambush.

But Yue Bing’s attention shifted when rains of green light showered the [Treant Warrior]. It was the reward for the fourth mission, the fifty-year ‘Heart of Oak.’ If Tian Lang knew that Heart of Oak wasn’t a wooden heart but a form of energy, he might’ve slammed the Ancient Oak Tree to death.

Even though Yue Bing wanted to feel happy, it was anxious for Tian Lang. Then again, why was her [Treant Warrior] still receiving so much energy from the Ancient Oak Tree?

Yue Bing glanced back at Tian Lang, only to freeze.

A wobbly membrane enveloped him. Along with the three contrasting colors, it could creep out even a human of a strong heart. Let alone the young human. Yue Bing shivered and looked away.

After a minute or so, The quadruped Tian Lang’s bestial form started to change.

From the quadruped pup, his form changed similar to a mature bipedal [Demon Werewolf].

It changed further and became thoroughly humanoid.

The lights dimmed slowly as they faded away. However, the humanoid Tian Lang looked nothing like a human. His body looked similar to the vast space where the stars moved without any direction and balance. They hit each other. Sometimes the stars bounced away, sometimes they disintegrated, giving birth to new ones, while sometimes they intertwined and became one altogether.

Then a strange force descended on the stars. They halted. As if being guided by an external force, they created a balanced universe. The extra stars faded in the background, leaving not even a trace of existence.

Tian Lang’s body slowly descended as his skin regained a healthy color.

By then, the [Treant Warrior] finished its evolution. A fifty-year ‘Heart of Oak’ could only enable the [Treant Warrior] to level up once, not achieve an evolution. But Yue Bing found it hard to be happy. It recalled its summon and slowly approached Tian Lang.

“What is this? Am I seeing a legendary Holy Beast?” Yue Bing muttered slowly and approached the descending Tian Lang. It was cautious due to the leopard, but the tension eased as the leopard hardly glanced at Yue Bing.

The leopard jumped out of the tree and snuggled on Tian Lang. Tian Lang had already become a Holy Beast. The leopard got left behind once again, but it was happy for Tian Lang. Unlike other beasts, Tian Lang was rather curious of humans from the start. With a humanoid body, he wouldn’t have to hide anymore.

Yue Bing also built the courage to approach Tian Lang. By now, he had a fair skin tone. Only his hair retained the same starry appearance.

This is A Holy Beast, unbelievable. He looks no different from a human. Ah, his hair.

Yue Bing touched his starry hairs and felt a tingling sensation. Surprised, it yelped and retracted its hands.

The Leopard glared at Yue Bing. It didn’t scare the human away for two reasons. First, Tian Lang brought it here. Second, unlike Tian Lang, the leopard was sensitive to emotions, and it didn’t detect any hint of malice.

Yue Bing had a look of embarrassment. It again tried to feel those unique hairs. Just now, the tingly sensation surprised it. It wasn’t harmful or anything.

Then Yue Bing noticed some things floating in the air.

Yue Bing gasped when it realized it was a card. A Crystal Card at that.

When the humans enter the Tong Tian Tower, they receive an identification card. The cards are ranked from Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, and Diamond. Ordinary cultivators start with a Bronze Card.

However, the administration center at the bottom of the tower before the entrance teleportation circle has the authority to grant all types of cards to whoever they see fit regardless of their previous accomplishments. This is mainly for special privileges like high ranking government officials or those who have attained exceptional power before visiting the tower.

The owner must complete a certain number of tasks, refinings, meritorious deeds, and reach the necessary Floor and Summoner Rank to upgrade the card.

According to the rumors, Diamond Cards disappeared tens of thousands of years ago, and the highest rank one could achieve was Crystal Card.

Yue Bing took a look at the card.

Name : Sky Wolf
Race : Human
Gender: Male
Ability: –

The sequence had the name on top, followed by Race, Gender, and Ability. Yue Bing was mortified because it couldn’t glance at the back of the card where several rows for Country Merits, Win-Loss records, Mission Points, and more were recorded.

But Tian Lang’s race also revealed crucial information to Yue Bing.

“This, could it be he wasn’t a beast but a strong warrior from the higher floors. And under some curse-type skills, he had to live as a beast till now?” The teenager human couldn’t help but fantasize. Such an exciting event was a dream of all human teenagers.

“Why isn’t he waking up yet? Could it be I-I...? No! B-but if I don’t do that, maybe he will never wake up!”

The innocent human almost failed to get its priorities straight, but it became determined. Tian Lang gave it the courage to continue Refining. Maybe he brought it just for this moment! How could it turn back now?

“I-I...”

 

32