Chapter 030: Counterattack Against Abyssal Magic!
654 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shout out to Shen & Tebix for joining our Patreon Family.

If you want to support me, go ahead and check my Patreon.
You can also read five advanced chapters on Patreon.

You can find the link below or use this link: bit.ly/PatBored

 

Tian Lang somberly dragged Yue Bing and whispered at it, “Let’s get out of the tower.”

Yue Bing’s heart skipped a beat.

Did Brother Tian’s enemies find him?! Ah! Everything is my fault. If only I followed him rather than insisting on reporting my success...

As Yue Bing thought, it felt more angry and indignant towards Shen Tu’s groups. Yue Bing swore if something happened to Tian Lang for Shen Tu’s foolishness, it would seek revenge no matter how long it took!

However, the normal-looking human finally moved. As soon as they left the crowd, it immediately pounced to seize Yue Bing.

But how could Tian Lang let its plan go smoothly?

He focused on his leg and sent it flying at the human’s lower region. Since humans lost this part so much, this place should be hard to defend. And since they targeted this place specifically, that meant the damage done to this place was marvelous!

Bam!

The human expert flew ten meters and lodged into a building. Its body slid down very comically. It tried multiple times but failed to get up.

“You think I didn’t notice you? Leave your meat-stick!”

M-meat stick? Everyone fainted when they heard Tian Lang’s jovial tone.

Even Yue Bing lost all sense of tension and laughed at his unintentional dirty joke.

In that instant, that exceedingly normal-looking human, who had been hiding its strength, discovered that it had made several mistakes.

The first was gauging the situation incorrectly. It had thought that it had concealed itself well; but little did it know that its opponent had long discovered and had been spying in secret; The second error was that it had misjudged the opponent’s strength and ability to react. And ferociously attacking its lower body… This was definitely not a coincidence, but rather its opponent seeing through its weak point.

A deadly feeling of crisis exploded in the normal-looking human’s heart. It had no other choice but to go all out.

“Summoning Grimoire!”

In an instant, a Silver Grimoire appeared in the air, with orange rays of light shooting out of it.

A round Halo Shield rapidly spread, protecting its body. This normal-looking human, who had been hiding its strength, was painfully kneeling on the ground, clutching its bloody lower body as if it was experiencing the pain of death.

Tian Lang sighed in relief. Thankfully he didn’t kill this overconfident human as for the meat-stick. To his disappointment, everything melted down to a bloody paste.

When Tian Lang kicked the human’s lower region, he thought he could add a meat-stick to his collection. Why so?

Well, he could play with that... probably.

How could the easily irritated pup bear with that? He instantly cursed at the human, “Fuck, how dare you displease me? Did I not tell you to leave your meat-stick?!”

Even when Tian Lang cursed, his gentle tone did not change, nor did his expression. It wasn’t because Tian Lang kept his anger in control. It was because he had no idea how to express his emotions.

One of the main reasons Tian Lang hit that particular spot was all the elemental and demonic energy drawn there. Due to his violent attack, the energy inside lost control, creating mayhem in the human’s body.

Anyway, since the human didn’t die and obliterated the meat-stick, he had no reason to stay there.

Maybe I should hit a bit lighter next time? Tian Lang thought deeply, since making it bloody paste had no merit at all.

But when Tian Lang turned around, the crotch-covering disguised human pressed its hand on the grimoire, a crimson teleportation door was summoned. All the humans were terror-stricken and found their hair stretching to the end. The gate let out a chilling aura, surprising even Tian Lang.

For all Crystals’ sake, this human is a heretic! That’s where the demonic energy came from!

Only now Tian Lang understood the source of demonic energy. It wasn’t because of any demonic beast, but rather because the human being a heretic.

“Don’t panic, everyone, back off!” While all humans panicked, the silk-clothed human came forward. Its blonde brows were knitted and with a wave of its hand, a golden grimoire twice as large as a bronze grimoire was summoned. The golden light revolved around the human, as the Three-tailed Snow Fox at its feet enlarged to ten times its size, becoming a charming Six-tailed Fox.

From the crimson Demon Gate, innumerable monsters came out.

As Tian Lang took a sneak peek, he saw that aside from the minority who either had great ability or were daring, stood their ground courageously. Others were so scared that they ran away screaming.

From the Demon Gate, monsters poured out in waves. They were of different sizes, some having yellow skin, green skin, fierce teeth, claws, some with big heads and small bodies, some with sharp horns and crimson eyes, some with bodies so massive they looked like mountains of flesh…

Tian Lang was a bit speechless at the scene.

He never expected that normal-looking human to be so dangerous! But to summon a Demon Gate and unleashing hundreds of hell’s evil spirits. Now that was an eye-opener. As for fighting against them, Tian Lang found it hard to be motivated.

The last thing he wanted was getting recognized as a Holy Beast and having some mighty humans running after him. Besides, he had to protect Yue Bing. Since this foolish human took his side so fiercely, Tian Lang also found it hard to let it die.

Plus, what if this human could help him in the future again? The reason he couldn’t transform might very well be connected to it.

Hell’s evil spirits? They can be handled by the mercenaries... When Tian Lang thought that some of the mercenaries who could not escape in time were downed by monsters’ tide and ripped to pieces.

Seeing the situation growing worse, the fleeing mercenaries, to protect themselves, took out their weapons or summoned their beasts one after another to fight off the evil spirits who were chasing them. But, aside from a few strong mercenary warriors, who were barely holding on, the weaker mercenaries fell when they turned to fight. Those who were surrounded by evil spirits were in even more imminent peril.

Tian Lang thought the mercenaries were doing a good job. He thumbed them up and took Yue Bing on his shoulders, and ran.

The silk-clothed human raised its hand and summoned a golden scepter.

As this golden scepter pierced the ground, a golden wave of light, with a range of at least a hundred meters, spread from the staff.

All the evil spirits who were enclosed by the golden light painfully screeched. The weakest yellow-skinned and green-skinned little monsters fell within the golden light, unable to get up. However, human warriors felt their vitality brimming. It was as if a wave of strength had entered deep into their bodies. They could not help but shout emotionally, “Haah!”

“Monarch’s Decree!”

In that instant, a white light appeared under everyone’s feet.

Although his estimations were not necessarily correct, Tian Lang felt that his body had become almost two times stronger due to the buff. His power and senses, under the buff of the white halo, were significantly improved. And meanwhile, his already weak control ran short.

He quickly let Yue Bing down. Every step he took left a deep depression on the ground. As Tian Lang worked hard to gain a proper balance, he heard a melodious voice.

“Monarch’s Decree: Everyone present must fight evil spirits; otherwise they will be regarded as deserters!” The fleshy-mounded human’s shrill voice caused the mercenaries’ hearts to shiver. It turned and rushed towards Tian Lang, saying, “Big bad thief, go stall that heretic. Just two minutes will do. I’ll destroy this evil spirits’ teleportation door. Summon: Great Trial, Aurora!”

“Huh, why would I?” Before Tian Lang finished, the human already backed away.

Rings of light appeared on the human’s hand. After fusing with its delicate body, a burst of intensely cold white light shone upon everyone.

After that, all of the white light condensed towards its right palm…

Tian Lang instantly burned in jealousy. If there was anything he lacked, that would be a ranged attack. He could feel the elements so clearly, taste them, yet never use those powers.

The normal-looking human painfully bore with the pain and summoned a [Fog Monster]...

White mists drifted in the air and quickly covered most of the space.

“The Fog Monster can confuse enemies and commit genocide. Brother Tian, kill that first!” Yue Bing noticed the abnormality of the fog and immediately informed Tian Lang.

Tian Lang, on the other hand, turned grumpy.

Why would I? Can’t you do it? Fuck, is this blackmailing? You know my identity so you want me to do your bidding? You think I’ll do that? Let this great alpha pup- Human, deal with you... No! This time let’s put it aside. I don’t know how you helped me evolve. But once I have that secret, be prepared! Muahahaha!

However, before Tian Lang moved, the six-tailed Snow Fox already swished in the fog. With a wave of its tails, the mists fell with a shrill scream.

The fogs concentrated into a white ball, and a black pearl rolled on the ground.

Tian Lang took the chance and snatched the black pearl from the fox.

“Big bad thief, as the saying goes, ‘An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.’ Hell’s evil spirits attacked my human domain, so we must pay them back too. Do you dare to follow me through the teleportation portal and launch a counterattack against Abyssal Magic? Although your battle skills aren’t put to good use right now, as an elite among humans, you should follow me and train in the abyss to work on your heart’s courage… Do you dare to launch a counterattack against Abyssal Magic along with me?” The silk-clothed, big fleshy-mounded Human had finally completed the condensation of the different energies. Within its hand, there was a big ball of light holding a scary amount of power. As long as it shot out, everyone in the straight line would almost instantly be turned into dust.

Tian Lang didn’t know whether the human was calling him ‘big bad thief,’ because it found his wrong-doing or just appearance, but counterattack against the Abyss?

“I don’t dare,” Tian Lang flatly rejected and returned towards Yue Bing.

However, a hand grabbed his shirt and dragged him before the red portal, “Don’t overreact. Your appearance is mighty and dominant; why are you so weak-hearted? If you disobey the Monarch’s Decree, you will be marked as a deserter. Once that happens, you will be blacklisted and never be allowed to enter the Tong Tian Tower in your life again. You don’t want that to happen, right?”

Shit! Was there something like that? Are you just searching for reasons to kick me out?

In the short time of his stay, Tian Lang found restriction after restriction in the Tong Tian Tower.

You can’t fight to your heart’s content. You can’t kill or snatch. You can’t disobey some shitty order. Tian Lang couldn’t wait to ditch the so-loved Tong Tian Tower.

Invasion from the Abyss on Tong Tian Tower’s first floor might be rare, but the humans weren’t unprepared. The Warriors guild rang the bell at the first moment.

The sound of a bell reverberated for a long time, traveling far across the land.

Many small portals, numbering close to a hundred, appeared in front of the Warrior Guild. Elite guards who wore gold or silver armor rushed there.

A human clad in flames, riding a blazing lion jumped over the crowd. It held up a huge sphere of flame and exploded in the middle of a large group of small hell monsters, causing the ground nearby to become completely scorched... Then, the human majestically jumped down from the blazing lion, kneeling in front of the fleshy-mounded human, raised his voice and shouted, “Yan Clan of the Da Xia Empire, Yan Po Jun, is at the command of Luo Hua City Mistress.”

“With Yan Po Jun exterminating demons here, how could I, Feng Qi Sha, not be here too?“ A strange human who had donned a set of armor with magical engravings, holding an odd blade with a dense amount of magical qi, appeared on the battlefield. With a wave of that terrifying magical blade, all the monsters that got cut corroded and died. It then proceeded to devour their souls.

“Hmph, The Feng and Yan Clans are impressive.”

An icy voice resonated in the skies.

Following that, a tornado swept the battlefield, causing innumerable evil spirits to be tossed up into the sky, frozen into ice sculptures, then flung down and broken into pieces of ice.

In the tornado, a handsome human, whose appearance matched the snow, stood there with equally cold eyes.

Uh... huh? So, You, shitty humans, are now showing off your puny magic in front of the great me??

 

22