Chapter 031: Weird Country Bumpkin
667 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Shout out to TheMightOfTheMaster for joining our Patreon Family.

 

Tian Lang’s already depressed mood took a lower dive. Had it not been for the big fleshy mounds presence, he would’ve shown them the price of showing off.

But fleshy mounds were almighty. Even the arrogant and unrestrained former pup acted like a cat in front of their presence.

The pressure from the mercenaries disappeared and awed voices rose from them.

“T-Th-Three Great Killing Stars...”

“My God, I can’t believe I’m seeing all of the Three Great  Killing Stars at one place!”

“As expected of the Three Great Killing Stars, even in their youth, they surpass us by a huge margin.”

“You shit brain, how dare you compare the stars with us!”

Tian Lang rolled his eyes inwardly. Why are these humans so excited about seeing some random humans with little to no fleshy mounds? He would rather appreciate the bounciness of the great twin mounds!

“You thief, how dare you gape at me so brazenly.” Luo Hua City Mistress pushed Tian Lang’s forehead with its free, dainty hand.

As expected, the pup was really appreciating the bounciness of the twin mounds openly. But Tian Lang wasn’t illiterate. He understood the crux of the problem instantly.

“My apologies, Great Luo Hua City Mistress! I dare not look at you brazenly! From now on, I only dare to sneak peeks at you!” Tian Lang said in all righteousness. He straightened his head and turned his eyes all the way to Luo Hua City Mistress’ twin fleshy-mounds.

However, when he realized he failed to get a proper view, he moved to the side of Luo Hua City Mistress and continued to face forward while eyeing a different direction altogether.

Luo Hua City Mistress turned speechless.

Is that what you call peeking secretly? It couldn’t help but laugh in amusement.

The twinkling voice distracted Tian Lang. He almost found it beautiful. Interestingly, before his latest evolution, Tian Lang could hardly differentiate between human faces. Not to mention, the only thing he liked about fleshy-mounds was their bouncy sensation. Now, even their bounciness from afar attracted his gaze.

Luo Hua City Mistress knocked on the dazed Tian Lang’s forehead, “You’re brazen again.”

“Ah, I apologize?” Tian Lang touched his forehead in a somewhat dazed manner.

The Three Great Killing Stars were already glaring at the weirdly dressed thief. How could this thief dare to flirt with the respected City Mistress and act so brazenly? Luo Hua City Mistress also didn’t seem to mind and even playfully joked with him. They wanted to kill Tian Lang and replace his place to take its attention.

Yue Bing, on the other hand, had no idea how to feel. Just a moment ago, it was anxious thinking Tian Lang had met an enemy. But looking at his behavior, they seemed to be friends?

Luo Hua City Mistress fixed its expression and sternly ordered, “Now, it’s time to massacre the demons and counterattack, use all your strength and barge into hell!”

“Wait,” Tian Lang suddenly put a stop to their charge, “What about that heretic? What if it runs away?”

After summoning the Fog Monster, the disguised heretic had not moved a muscle. It was now completely covered in blood, with its blood vessels all burst open.

Luo Hua City Mistress helplessly replied to Tian Lang, “You don’t even know that. Are you a country bumpkin? Remember the anti-demon laws of Tong Tian Tower: once any heretic summoned the Demon Gate, regardless of whether they contracted a grimoire or not, or what grade of elite they are, there are no doubt they would die: and die in an excruciatingly painful manner with their bodies exploding.”

Tian Lang shivered at that thought and asked, “Why would someone even summon a Demon Gate if they knew it’s basically their death?”

One of the Three Great Killing Stars, the human with the Blazing Lion, replied dismissively, “Demons and Heretics are all bunches of illogical creatures; they don’t care about life and death as long as they can kill.”

Tian Lang wasn’t convinced but he had no interest in arguing with illogical humans.

Even beasts cared about their life and death. Why not demons? What’s so different about them? Wh–

Suddenly, a pillar of blood sprayed out to ten meters from the heretic’s chest. Its entire body blew up towards the sky, and the floor was littered with the remnants of blood, flesh, and bones.

Tian Lang noticed a pouch, a silver grimoire, and some other bloodied items hidden in them.

As Tian Lang knocked on his shadows with his legs, Luo Hua City Mistress suddenly threw another small Silver Decree across, “Weird Country Bumpkin, I order you, Feng Qi Sha, Yan Po Jun, Xue Tan Lang, the four of you, to be the group captains for the expedition to the Abyss. Pick your members now. Anyone will do.”

“...Me? Can’t you leave this greater task to the Three Great Killing Stars? I’m only a ‘Big Bad Thief and Weird Country Bumpkin.’” If Tian Lang could express his emotion, his face would show the full swing of unwillingness, but he didn’t argue long either as everything was meaningless after this human threw the Silver Decree.

The Three Great Killing Stars glared at Tian Lang. To them, the orders of Luo Hua City Mistress was an absolute honor. How dare this country bumpkin look down on that?!

Contrary to Tian Lang’s wishes, Yue Bing looked more than willing, “Brother Tian, take me. I can’t support you much, but I’ll do whatever I can.”

Tian Lang raised his mental eyebrow and questioned dismissively, “We are leaving the Tong Tian Tower. Why are you still worried about not being able to help me?”

Before Tian Lang stepped into the portal, his shadow expanded widely and sucked in all the items from the heretic.

For a second, Tian Lang found the scenery going black as he found himself in a land of purgatory with a blood-red sky.

A round, blood-red moon oddly gave off red light from within the black clouds, causing the sky to be dyed in a crimson shade similar to the color of fresh blood.

In front of them, on top of a reddish-black rock, innumerable demonic monsters stood there, densely packed. As Tian Lang saw this, he drew in a breath of cold air. The monsters in this place were estimated to be a force of at least a hundred thousand... It would most likely be impossible to kill them, even if they stopped attacking and stretched their necks to be slaughtered by everyone, not to mention the endless reinforcements that would come after.

This battle, as he expected, really seemed like a pain in the ass.

“Everyone, be careful. The Demon General has arrived. It’s hard to kill the Demon General since these types of monsters normally have a summoning grimoire. We have to fight a decisive battle by focusing on mass-killing the weaker demons.” Luo Hua City Mistress released the white pillar that had been charged for a long time. A light pillar shone in front of it. Any demon who touched it was vaporized immediately, instantly annihilated to the point where no ashes were left behind. The light pillar’s killing effect was enough to destroy hundreds of the demons in the Demon Army in seconds, immediately opening up a massive gap within the densely packed region of demons.

“Lady Luo Hua is invincible!” The human warriors all cheered, with their morales significantly boosted.

Rather than killing the demons, Tian Lang wanted to kill those senseless humans and return to the tower. The energy condensed in that white ball was limited. Luo Hua City Mistress might be able to condense a few more white balls. Even mighty humans had a limit.

As Tian Lang thought about that, he realized he made a huge mistake. How would they return if the portal closed or suddenly broke down? “A-ah, Great Luo Hua City Mistress, how will we return if this portal breaks?”

“Oh, no need to worry. Since you followed me, shouldn’t you stick with me till the second you die? You should be honored to die by my side.” Luo Hua City Mistress generously said as if it was reluctantly doing Tian Lang an unimaginable favor.

Tian Lang gulped a mouthful of dry saliva and instantly turned back, “Oh my great-great-great Luo Huo City’s Mistress, you are generous and have thousands of foolish humans under you to die with, why would you be after my priceless life?”

But the human blocked the red teleportation gate and instructed others, “Warriors, try your best to kill the enemy. With every slaughter of a group of a hundred small demons, I will bestow on you the honor of being a ‘Demon Slaughterer’ and permit you to return to Tong Tian Tower.”

Luo Hua City Mistress did not set a difficult condition. Its objective was to lead the human’s young elites to kill into Abyss as training and not let these young elites with unlimited potential to die in battle for glory while slaughtering demons.

Training up the bravery, willpower, and chivalry of these young humans was its ultimate objective.

As for strength or accomplishments, they could be achieved via ordinary trials.

Tian Lang watched as the Three Great Killing Stars–Feng Qi Sha, Yan Po Jun, and Xue Tan Lang led their groups and began to slaughter hundreds of low ranked demons, like a pack of tigers that were ravaging through a herd of sheep. Soon after, they returned.

Tian Lang didn’t try to join them. The demonic monsters were all between levels 1-3. After every certain distance away hid some stronger energy signatures.

Seems like some Demon Generals... If that many demon generals gathered here, there must be a higher level demon leading them. Demon Commander? Demon Prince? Or a Demon King?

“Um, should we really be watching them and not return? This reeks of a huge trap.” Tian Lang tried to dissuade Luo Hua City Mistress but to no avail.

Of course, the foolish Tian Lang had no fear of fighting Demon Kings or even Greater Demon Kings. Still, the thought of not being able to return to the human world and failing to obtain the secret of fleshy mounds alone drove the restless Chaotic Being crazy.

When Luo Hua City Mistress saw that Tian Lang was already aware of the hidden enemies, it looked at him in deep thought.

Naturally, it had long since discovered the hidden enemies and maintained the prestige of its glorious fleshy mounds.

However, it had not informed Feng Qi Sha and the others that powerful enemies were eyeing them secretly in the dark, waiting for the opportunity to make a sneak attack. This was also a kind of test.

On the cruel battlefield, one had to not only have bravery and strength, but also a clear mind and acute senses. There was never any shortage of battles and dangers in Tong Tian Tower. The people with the strongest combat abilities were not necessarily the ones that survived the longest. If one wanted to become a peak ranker, they had to live longer and experience more hardships than anyone else...

Humanity never lacked geniuses. An innumerable amount of geniuses always emerged in Soaring Dragon Continent, but the majority of them were like meteors–they would only flash for an instant before disappearing forever.

Luo Hua City Mistress could not deny that Feng Qi Sha, Yan Po Jun, and Xue Tan Lang were geniuses among the geniuses. Even among other geniuses, they were regarded as extremely rare leaders.

However, from the bottom of its heart, Luo Hua City Mistress expected even more from this slightly weird country bumpkin, Tian Lang.

“You guys have already received your honor. Return to Tong Tian Tower immediately. Feng Qi Sha, Yan Po Jun, and Xue Tan Lang, stay behind.” Luo Hua City Mistress waved its hand and commanded the guards and mercenaries to go back to Tong Tian Tower through the portal. Without paying any attention to Feng Qi Sha and the other two, it turned around to face Tian Lang and asked softly, “There are 100,000 or more enemies, yet they haven’t started their fierce assault. What do you think is the reason for that?”

“…...” Feng Qi Sha and the other two were utterly stunned when they heard Luo Hua City Mistress asking Tian Lang this question.

In their eyes, Luo Hua City Mistress was the wisest person among the human rankers. Why would it ask this unknown good-for-nothing country bumpkin this question?

Could it be that this good-for-nothing was not as useless as they thought but was actually an extremely clever fellow?

Why would Luo Hua City Mistress give guidance to him even though it was completely unrelated to him?

In that moment, a sour feeling arose in the hearts of Yan Po Jun and the two others. Luo Hua City Mistress was such an outstanding ranker who usually did not pay any attention to others. Yet right now, it wasn’t looking at them any differently and instead favored that country bumpkin over them.

Their emotions began to spin around rapidly. If it were them, how would they answer?

With this situation unfolding in front of them, why did the enemy do this?

Although Luo Hua City Mistress had not asked them, Xue Tan Lang and the others refused to admit they were lower than a country bumpkin. They furiously began to ponder over the question in hopes of coming up with an answer better than Tian Lang.

“Well, no matter the numbers, small fries are small fries. Even Demon Generals are nothing to be afraid of, but there should be a mastermind behind the generals. It doesn’t seem like a commander either. Either a Demon Prince or Demon King.” Tian Lang replied from the textbook experience the original Yue Yang received from its deceased parents. Who cared about so many complicated stuff? Definitely not him.

He knew if there were more than five Demon Kings, 9 out of 10 times, a Greater Demon King is hidden behind them.

Feng Qi Sha and the other two had their mouths wide-open. A Demon Prince or Demon King? They shivered at that thought. What if the strongest here, Luo Hua City Mistress, was suddenly attacked...

How would they get out of this perilous situation?

24