Chapter 051: Marked! I Want to Eat You!
561 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Ba-dump!

Ba-dump!

Tian Lang jolted up. He had no idea when his focus drifted but the sudden change of sensation snapped him awake. Looking down, he realized it was the same for his mysterious roommate.

Ba-dump!

Unlike before, it wasn’t any feeling. Tian Lang strongly felt the connection between them. Rather than a connection, it was more like a wavelength. They were on the same wavelength and could feel and understand each other.

Ba-dump!

Even when their hearts beat erratically, they followed the same pattern and beat at the same time. Their hearts weren’t beating with two different power anymore but one.

Their feelings and thoughts became connected. Confusion, curiosity, annoyance, unruliness, all these emotions jumbled together but they slowly died down. The sweet taste of chocolate became stronger and most prominent in the combined emotions.

That second, they could understand each other without words. Just a minute movement of their eyes spoke words between them. Even if one lied, both knew they lied. If they left some matters ambiguous, both knew. Simply speaking, none of them could lie without letting the other party know. They were at their highest level of consciousness possible.

Knowing she was cornered, fluster rose from the cluster of small emotions as the roommate concentrated hard to leave this wavelength.

Thump! Thump!

Finally, the connection disrupted. Only then did Tian Lang realize both of them were sweating profusely as their scent already masked the natural air of the room.

Tian Lang found his body powerless as if he exerted all his strength in a fierce fight. Barely keeping his body from limping, he leaned on the table and heaved for breath.

However, his head was too close to the roommate’s. Every time he breathed out, hot air blew on her ear. The already powerless girl felt even weaker. She used all of her strength just to hide her ears with her hands.

The masculine and feminine scent was the strongest at that time.

It took Tian Lang a full minute to recover little strength. He met the mysterious roommate’s eyes once again. The connection or the familiar feeling had no sign of return, but Tian Lang was abnormally conscious of her heartbeat for some reason. The sound of heart beast was never so louder.

Although they weren’t on the same wavelength, neither could they feel each other’s thoughts. Tian Lang felt their hearts still beating together. Albeit, with their individual strength. The intense unity of being one had long disappeared.

Tian Lang suddenly grinned, “I think I know your name, Wu Xia... Xue Xia?”

He was slightly confused. Since Tian Lang asked this question first, Xue Wu Xia had her guard down. Although she refused to answer, he could still catch some slight murmurs that rose in her thought. He was spot on, just not sure.

Even when a minute passed by the mysterious roommate only breathed in and out. Refusing to answer Tian Lang, who also didn’t feel that connection or even the initial indication of that mysterious connection returning.

However, he did feel this mysterious roommate getting more and more beautiful. Just her eyes were so beautiful, how beautiful would she look without the veil? But Tian Lang had this strong urge to eat her for a while. Rather than the face behind her veil, he wanted to eat her more.

“I kind of, want to eat you.” Breathing roughly, he uttered those words from the gap of his teeth.

As their wildly beating hearts calmed down, they were little tranced. Tian Lang bent his neck and gently nipped the right side of her neck.

An electrifying shiver ran through Xue Wu Xia’s spirit and body as abnormal clarity filled her mind. She squeezed all her remaining strength and pushed Tian Lang to the side.

Thankfully, the table was large and sturdy. Tian Lang laid on his back and stared at the ceiling.

Only the occasional sound of breathing continued in the room for a while.

Things weren’t supposed to go this way. Xue Wu Xia understood Tian Lang to a certain level. Sure, he could be unpredictable but they were only discussing a book about Mythical Beast.

Tian Lang had once asked to see her face but since she rejected, he never insisted. He insisted more on her name or bothered her for whatever he wanted to learn. And he would keep irritating until she gave in.

However, this was the first time that Tian Lang insisted on something boring such as keeping eye contact. His weakness surrounded anything that required patience or tranquility.

Even then, it was nothing. But Xue Wu Xia felt the abnormal closeness during the long eye contact. She understood how dangerous that was.

Xue Wu Xia thought if she avoided him for a few seconds and brought some interesting topics, he would give up on this. Who would’ve known, he would remain persistent till the end.

“Bad Wolfy, you were, tiring me out intentionally...” Xue Wu Xia wanted to ignore and have nothing to do with him. However, she decided against it at the last moment. If she avoided Tian Lang now, no matter how idiotic he was, things would get awkward between them.

“Why would I do something so pointless?”

“Lies, you weren’t even out of breath. You could’ve caught me if you wanted.”

“Isn’t that the same as killing my fun early?” Tian Lang remembered about the times he played with mice. He could kill them easily but he teased them until he was bored. Simply because it was fun. Why would someone kill their fun so easily? “It was fun chasing after you!”

“That’s weirder,” Xue Wu Xia said exasperatedly as she touched where Tian Lang bit. Noticing the faint trace of blood on her finger, she frowned. When she forcefully broke away from that strange sense of connection, she was dizzy and could hardly remember anything.

Though she faintly remembers hearing Tian Lang say he wanted to eat something, “Did you bite my neck?”

Tian Lang turned towards her and scratched his neck, “I think I did?”

“You. What got into you today? Let’s not mention all that happened, why did you bite me?” Xue Wu Xia felt she was getting more exasperated by time.

Noticing Wu Xia’s tone, Tian Lang felt bad. He understood why she would get angry. After all, he tried to eat her. That was a no go, right? He wouldn’t let anyone eat him! Only he could eat others, that’s why he had to become the strongest!

Tian Lang hesitated but what’s done was done, he spoke honestly, “I... wanted to eat you.”

“Eat me?” Wu Xia was dumbfounded but she understood him. Only the idiot Tian Lang would say something like ‘eating her’ so casually.

Although he had the biological craving, he could only express it as a feeling of need. In his case, the closest thing he could relate it to was eating. But for him to desire her, who kept the most distance, Wu Xia didn’t know whether to feel funny or unfortunate... Or maybe he desired her first because of the distance she kept?

But Xue Wu Xia definitely felt funny. Tian Lang might look grown-up and headstrong, he used his head a bit too much and was curious about almost everything and anything. His way of seeing the world was more peculiar. Five out of the nine times he gave a unique view to the common things and they weren’t worse in any way.

As Xue Wu Xia continued her thought, she found it harder and harder to get angry at Tian Lang.

Noticing his tranquil gaze, Wu Xia asked with furrowed brows, “What are you looking at?”

“You. Somehow you became beautiful and you’re smelling great too,” Tian Lang’s finger brushed past her black veil as he spoke, “I want to eat you.”

Wu Xia was speechless. She pushed his hand away and spoke sharply, “I didn’t become beautiful, you’re sick. Go to the principal and ask for a [Memory Erasing Pill]. Take it on the spot and you will get cured. Also, turn away. Hey, don’t take deeper breaths, turn away, you smell bad. Even your breath stinks!”

“You wish!” Tian Lang vehemently replied.

“What? You know [Memory Erasing Pill]?”

“I don’t and I don’t think anyone has to know its effects. The name says it all,” sniffing his arms, Tian Lang said defensively, “also, I don’t stink and I’ll breathe as much as I want. Huup~”

What Tian Lang said wasn’t just related to sickness as Wu Xia mentioned. When they shared the connection, Tian Lang could see her inner beauty. In his eyes, her inner tranquilness and gentleness merged with her outside presence. Naturally, Wu Xia would never look the same to him anymore and Tian Lang lacked the means of describing this beauty or feeling.

How could you describe it when you feel as if you haven’t seen enough?

They both fell into silence. Only the gentle echoes of breathing continued. As peaceful and satisfying as it was, Tian Lang asked in curiosity, “Wu Xia, you are a female... right?”

Actually, Tian Lang was more or less sure that his roommate was a female. Her eyes had a similar feeling as Shui Wu Hen’s tranquil and Meng Delan’s mischievous eyes. It wasn’t the gaze but a hunch that said that this is a female’s eye. Just, she was lacking in the chest part compared to Flower Fairy, Shui Wu Hen, and Meng Delan.

“Why did you even want to look at my eyes when you don’t know if I am a girl or boy? No, forget I asked that to you...” Wu Xia’s voice trailed off as she eyed him suspiciously, “What are you trying to say?”

“Eh? I mean, I wanted to look at your eyes because of that feeling. Does it have anything to do with gender? And your eyes look like a girl, your voice is also tender, but aren’t you lacking in that part?” Tian Lang eyed her chest in a questioning manner.

Wu Xia instantly stopped her heaving chest. If she could, she would’ve eyed daggers at him. She knocked on his forehead and whined, “You’re hateable.”

“Ah!” The knock on Tian Lang’s forehead reminded Wu Xia of her sudden clarity a moment ago. When Tian Lang bit her neck, she felt a sudden jolt in her body and spirit. Wu Xia was unclear as to what happened, but the jolt in her spirit came from her Grimoire.

Although weak, Wu Xia sat up and looked at her hand. Her fingers trembled as if she just survived a life-and-death battle. She wasn’t half this weak when she tripped.

‘In the end, what was that.’ While thinking, Wu Xia summoned her grimoire. She only wanted to give it a cursory glance. After all, what could change in this place? Maybe one of her beasts evolved?

But when she saw the change, she glanced between Tian Lang and the Grimoire, then spat out a single word, “Ridiculous.”

Xue Wu Xia felt a lot of things made sense, at the same time, she found her common sense breaking down.

“Wohh, you have a Gold Grimoire too,” Tian Lang spoke in amazement.

Before, Tian Lang thought that this roommate who always buried herself in books was similar to the useless Yue Yang. Who would’ve known, not only she had great strength, she even possessed a Gold-Ranked Grimoire. She was as strong as Flower Fairy, if not stronger.

On the other hand, Tian Lang never summoned his Grimoire after enrolling in the academy. He had a feeling that Shui Wu Hen, the principal, might’ve placed some strange methods to observe his movements. If they somehow were to learn his strange Grimoire, wouldn’t they be suspicious of his origin? Or even covet his Grimoire?

So he had to bear with not summoning Bloody Queen or even check the Twin Flower Thorny Vines.

Tian Lang tried to sneak a peek but Xue Wu Xia gave him no chance. She shifted the Grimoire so that he could only look at the cover. Only shock and confusion filled her eyes. Thinking that she was still dizzy, she rubbed her forehead. Alas, she only felt devoid of any strength but clear-headed. It was until she was forced to believe that everything she saw was real, did she put the Grimoire away.

Xue Wu Xia’s abnormal behavior confused Tian Lang. He couldn’t help but ask, “What happened?”

Xue Wu Xia’s eyes cleared as she pushed the matter behind the back of her head, “Oh, you’re asking now what happened? Look behind you or even behind me.”

Tian Lang sneaked a look behind Wu Xia, only to see a part of the ceiling falling apart...

(Alt Titles: Being Foolish Has Its Advantage; Taking Advantage Yet Avoiding Ire; Beauty Is Not A Trash;)

21