Chapter 052: And So, The ‘Guiding’ Continues
520 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

That Night

Shui Wu Hen looked at the villa... the former villa to be specific, with a perplexed face. If someone said this was over a hundred years old haunted villa and was cleaned decently, she might believe that more.

After the mess Tian Lang made of the villa, he had tried his best version of repairing. However, as one would expect, his repair equaled an increased number of destruction. In the end, without any other option, he went to the principal.

When Shui Wu Hen arrived, Xue Wu Xia, this mysterious roommate had long disappeared without a trace.

She looked at the destruction and felt helpless. At this stage, the recovery of the villa might cost more than starting from the start.

“I wanted to delay it till the next class, but let’s move you to the dorm. You should mingle with your peers. That way you can expand your horizon.” Shui Wu Hen wore an unreadable face, making it hard for Tian Lang to understand whether she was angry or not.

“Shouldn’t I go on a journey to expand my horizon? Ah! Maybe touring the city!...” Tian Lang’s liveliness trailed when he noticed something odd about Shui Wu Hen’s expression, “Ah, was it perhaps a Meta-phor? I understand!”

Shui Dong Liu, the wicked and vice-principal, gawked at the villa with pain as if it was him that was damaged. “Preposterous, how can you think about going to tour after what you did to this expensive goddess? Don’t you have a heart, student Sky Wolf?! Do you know how much a villa costs?!”

“Even if you say that, it’s not like I did this intentionally. I was just chasing... I mean, I fought a demon specter there. If I didn’t retaliate with all my strength, how could I survive?” Tian Lang almost spilled the beans but quickly corrected himself.

The old fox had no intention of buying Tian Lang’s nonsense, “Lies! What demon specter? Let alone a demon specter, I don’t feel a speck of red demon’s qi in this place. Do you see this old bone as shit?”

“How can it be a lie? Isn’t it just you? Teacher Wu Hen said most creatures become weaker with old age and some even deteriorate their senses. You are too old and have deteriorated your sensing ability, please don’t push yourself too much or you might become senile.” Tian Lang said as if he was caring for the old but in reality, he was already cooking up plans to make this old guy suffer. How dare you try to foil my plans!

“Senile your fa–”

The Vice Principal wanted to curse Tian Lang but Shui Wu Hen cut him in, “Vice Principal, arrange Tian Lang to move in the dorm. Also, there’s no need to blame student Sky Wolf for this matter. He has lived in this house for some time. I’m sure he has some precious memories here. He definitely wouldn’t want to destroy it.”

Tian Lang nodded in acknowledgment and then froze. Eh, if he were to move to the male dorm, what about his female burglar roommate? He learned a lot of things from her and there was so much he had yet to learn. Would she follow him? Why would she? He just wanted to eat her not too long ago and even irritated her.

Knowing that he might not meet this beautiful Xue Wu Xia, Tian Lang felt down and his head limped in defeat.

“Look at him, he is regretful.”

“Dear daughter, you didn’t teach him that because of me, right? Your daddy is still not old and definitely not senile! And don’t believe this idiot, he is definitely acting after destroying the villa!–”

“Vice Principal, please make arrangements to renovate it. Also, call me Principal during work hours,” Shui Wu Hen spoke in her signature ethereal and cold tone and walked out.

The old fox’s head limped as he imitated fake sadness. He realized although his daughter spoke in the usual cold and distant tone, her inexpressive lips were curled slightly upward. This Sky Wolf must’ve again used her teaching in an unexpected and foolish way, making her smile.

Old, senile, those words would definitely anger him to no end. However, if those words made his daughter smile a little, Shui Dong Liu was willing to be called old and senile for the rest of his life.

Lately, his daughter had changed. Although she still buried herself in researching runes, she took care of her body and occasionally took breaks to teach Tian Lang. It was already a massive change from the time she used to research for weeks without caring for food and sleep.

Whatever the reason might be, Shui Dong Liu was happy with this change. With Shui Wu Hen leaving, he threw an annoyed glance at Tian Lang.

“You see the high-rise building in the peak? Go there, I’ll assign your new room,” saying this, the old fox’s body flickered and disappeared.

Tian Lang was shocked silly. He always looked down on this goatee and corrupt elder. Who would’ve thought he had such strange abilities? After all, Shui Dong Liu didn’t simply move too fast or anything. He instantly disappeared from this space.

It was the same effect as the teleportation scroll. However, this seemingly useless old elder used the same technique without the help of any scrolls. Not only that, he was much faster than even the black teleportation device of the Demon Abyss.

It seemed Tian Lang's theory of being able to use teleportation without scrolls was indeed possible.

As Tian Lang headed towards the high-rise dorm, he thought about the uses and might this teleportation technique possessed. Not only during a fight, but it also could be used in daily life. Why would one walk a great distance when they could just teleport?

“My, student Sky Wolf, how are you here?” Suddenly, Tian Lang heard a familiar voice.

Unconsciously, he had arrived at a completely unknown place. Let alone the high-rise dorm. He couldn’t even find the mountain.

That brought his attention to the source of the voice. To his right, there was a thick tree. Although the height of the tree was only four meters, in thickness, it surpassed two meters in diameter. From the looks of it, the head was trimmed in the early years.

On top, a house made of wood and bamboo sat comfortably as thick branches held the hut in place. Overall, it looked slightly fragile, yet balanced. Even though a human leaned on the side, the hut didn’t even produce any noise.

Meng Delan gazed at him with a pleasant surprise. She couldn’t help but ask, “Did you come to find me? Ah! How did you know I live here?”

“I... just came here?” Tian Lang replied with uncertainty. He was deeply lost in his thought that he didn’t realize where the darkness of the night brought him. Did that even matter? Tian Lang suddenly asked in surprise, “Teacher Meng, you are a female!”

“Hehe~ Of course!” Meng Delan smiled both in bliss and pride. As though, she successfully achieved one of the big hurdles to her grand plan.

At the same time as being relieved, Tian Lang appeared hesitant. But in the end, resolve glinted past his eyes. He had already decided, how could he hesitate now? He spoke with great conviction, “Teacher, I, I d-don’t, I really really really don’t want fleshy mounds anymore. I will be a proud Alpha Male. I can’t take any womanly features with me!”

“Hmm~ sure. Let’s talk about that later. How did you get in here–No, what are you doing here, my dear student?” Meng Delan giggled and pushed the sensitive topics away.

“Right! The villa I lived in was destroyed so I was heading to the dorm. The old corrupted fox is going to assign me to a new room. I was too immersed in thinking that I don’t know how I ended up here.”

“Villa destroyed? What happened?”

“Nothing much. There was this strong burglar. I was trying my best to catch her. I even caught the burglar but somehow she freed herself and went into hiding.” Tian Lang explained helplessly. As if he really felt bad about not being able to catch the burglar.

There was a strange hint of glee in Meng Delan’s eyes, “A female burglar, huh? Must be a thieving cat!”

“Cat? No, it was a human burglar.” Tian Lang explained innocently.

“Then it must’ve been a cat in human’s clothing,” Meng Delan grinned suddenly, “How about living with your teacher? I can take care of you and guide you all the time.”

“Eh? But I have to attend teacher Wu Hen’s class and also join the regular classes and mingle with my peers?

“Why care about other teachers when you have me? Shui Wu Hen might be the head of the academy, in the end, she is the principal. She sits in that seat because she has to handle a lot of responsibilities. As long as it’s about teaching, you don’t have to go anywhere.”

Seeing Tian Lang still hesitated, Meng Delan gave in, “But it is true that if you don’t attend the regular classes, Principal Shui Wu Hen might get suspicious. How about this, once you attend the principal’s and the normal classes, you can live with me. As for Peers? Do you really believe that some human kids can be peers of the great Alpha Sky Wolf?”

Tian Lang’s head slowly, very slowly lifted to Meng Delan’s face. For some reason, her whole body was emitting a divine halo. Teacher. No, Divine Teacher! Only a divine teacher would know a student’s worry and distress. How could Alpha Tian Lang accept that he was peers with some useless human kids? Preposterous! Wasn’t that same as humiliating him? What Meng Delan said totally moved him to the core of his heart!

“Divine Teacher, please guide this Alpha to the path of Greatness!” If Meng Delan was before Tian Lang, he would’ve hugged her waist and not let go until the former relented and accepted to guide him.

“My dear student, do you have the dedication to follow the path that no one has ever walked and bear the harshness that comes with it?”

“Have! Havee!! Haveee!!! I really have the dedication!” Tian Lang shouted dramatically, afraid that Meng Delan would think he had less.

“Hum~, I have definitely felt your dedication. Being the Divine and Holy I am, I shall guide you to the path of greatness until the end!” When Meng Delan declared that, for some reason, the whole thing gave Tian Lang a strange sense of déjà vu.

Shaking his head, Tian Lang cheered himself. Teacher Meng Delan was indeed the best. She always knew what he wanted. Even knew what he wanted to hear. She would naturally guide him to greatness!

“Now, come up.” Meng Delan invited him to her hut but taking a sneak peek at the back, she forced a smile, “Ah, give me a minute.”

Sounds of rapid footsteps and heavy objects being hurled to another place sounded for a while before a door opened from the front of the house. Faint perspiration covered Meng Delan’s face as she smiled and invited him again, “Come in.”

...

In a certain high-rise male dorm, a hoarse voice howled at the sky, “Sky Wolf, you bastard! How dare you keep me waiting!!!”

20