Chapter 057: Exposed?
431 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Shout out to GodxHandsome for joining our Patreon Community.

 

Three thousand years ago, there was a Ranker called the [Thorny Flower Fairy], who had evolved her thorny flower to its maximum evolution stage. The thorny flower’s last stage of evolution turned out to be human-like [Golden Crown Thorny Flower Queen]. When demons tried to invade the Soaring Dragon Continent, it was this Thorny Flower Fairy and her Thorny Flower Queen who had slaughtered three of the Demon Kings. The flower had also gobbled more than five thousand demon troops. The boundless sea of flowers that the Flower Queen had created became a nightmare for the demons. Even the unbeatable Black Dragon Demon King ran away with tails between his legs at the sight of the Thorny Flower Fairy.

This Thorny Flower Fairy was the only human being who had the strength to resist and massacre the strong warriors of the invading Demon Legion.

Unfortunately, her lover died in the battle. The Thorny Flower Fairy couldn’t bear her loneliness and had chosen to be together with her lover instead.

In the future generations, there had been no one that could uncover the Thorny Flower’s secrets.

Countless Rankers had tried, but none could make the thorny flower evolve into a Holy-Ranked [Humanoid Holy Beast]. In the end, people could only helplessly give up researching on the thorny flower. On the other hand, beast-types and animal-types, these monsters who had a great advantage in the beginning, quickly increased in their popularity with people. And thus, plant-type monsters lost their former glory and had been long forgotten as the strongest “Humanoid Beast” who had massacred thousands of demons during the Demonic Legion invasion. It even became the Academy’s teaching tool.

It was understandable why humans looked down on plant-type and Yue Bing, who could only form contracts with plant-type. Since they couldn’t bring out their full potential. They decided to blame the ‘useless’ plant-category beasts.

All said, Tian Lang still had no desire to train [Twin Flower Thorny Vines]. His desire to rely on himself burned too deeply. Actually, part of it was so that he can hoard everything for himself.

While he criticized the ‘scarred-face’, one of the little girls asked, “Teacher, I’m new to here can I learn more about beasts and summoners in detail?”

Nodding, Grandma Wu Teng spoke without stopping, “Beasts, as everyone knows, are divided into normal-ranked, bronze-ranked, silver-ranked, gold-ranked, platinum-ranked, and diamond-ranked. Most summoners will interact with normal-ranked beasts the most. Bronze-ranked beasts and above are called Elite Beasts. When they reached gold-ranked, we will call them a Beast King, which is where the term ‘Golden King Beast’ comes about.

“As for platinum and diamond-ranked beast, they are not something that could be cultivated by normal humans. They are exceedingly rare, so let’s not focus on them now. Normally, when one attained the title of level 7 [Overlord], there would be a special Grandmaster that will lead them further to a whole new realm above... In this Soaring Dragon Continent that we live in, under normal circumstances, an entity higher than level 10 would not appear. In other words, normal-ranked beasts could only reach level 10 at the most. In most cases, these level 10 beasts existed due to a special reason.

“For example, Level 10 beasts such as the Ocean King Whale, Island Tortoise, Ten Thousand Years Ancient Tree, etc, could only exist due to their enormous sizes and endless lifespan. They also had no natural predators in the whole world, which was why they could smoothly grow to level 10. At the same time, they also had formidable strength. As they had no predators, they had not encountered many battles in their whole life. Which is why, they have very little chance to go through a variant evolution, and will usually be normal-ranked their whole lives, without a chance of evolving.”

As Grandma Wu Teng spoke, the other two weird-looking students behind took down notes furiously.

Tian Lang was listening very intently. Although he had his basics covered, the information about level 10 beasts were still new to him. Her knowledge was much wider than the information stored in the records.

When Grandma Wu Teng spoke about level 10 beasts with no predators, he inexplicably got reminded of the Giant Tree he encountered while explored the mystic body method.

He dared not compare that unknown tree to a normal-ranked level 10 beasts but the term ‘no predators’ seemed to resound with that tree. It felt strangely fitting and came to his mind first.

 

“If normal-ranked beasts had a body like the Ocean King Whale, under the circumstances where they have no natural predators, they would have been able to level up to level 10. Our standards also only measure up to normal-ranked level 10.

“At Bronze-rank, we all know that that was the beginning of the Elite Beasts rankings. Ony level, every bronze-ranked beast would be a level stronger than a normal-ranked beast at the same level. The higher the level, the more significant the difference in strength. I shall give you an example.

“A level 3 normal-ranked beast might fight on equal ground with a level 2 bronze-ranked beast, however, a normal-ranked level 7 would definitely not be able to win against a bronze-ranked level 6, even if it was one level higher than the bronze-ranked beast… This is the difference in growth between an elite beast and a normal beast.”

“In Soaring Dragon Continent, bronze-ranked beast could only level up as high as Bronze-ranked Level 9. Generally speaking, beasts at Bronze-ranked Level 9 won’t have any more predators, so they won’t be able to surpass themselves in their whole life anymore, forever stuck at Bronze-ranked Level 9. This is because, in a sense, Bronze-ranked Level 9 is the peak, where a beast can practically dominate the whole area of its domain. Therefore, it does not have a predator anymore, making it impossible for it to evolve further…

“Out there in nature, beasts such as Colossal Kodo Beast, Gargantuan Mammoth, Earthquake Dragon, Great Mountain Beast, and the others, have no natural predators due to their enormous sizes. Although they are not as large as the Ocean Whale King and the Island Tortoise, to humans, they are already gigantic beasts to humans. Hence, they will go through very little battles in their lives. Generally speaking, they will definitely be the boss of their territory, so they can only reach bronze-ranked level 9 at the most.”

“Does it mean that in Soaring Dragon Continent, Silver-ranked will only level up to Silver-ranked Level 8 at the most, and Gold-ranked will only level up to Gold-ranked Level 7 at the most?” another little girl asked.

“Yes, in this natural world, if no human is cultivating it, Silver-ranked level 8 and gold-ranked level 7 would have no more enemies in the world. They could only prey on any beasts under the sky, other than those on the same level as them.

“However, everyone must take note of one thing. As it is very difficult to go through a variant evolution, amongst beasts that had reached the maximum level, normal-ranked level 10 beasts are the most, while beasts that evolved to gold-ranked are the least. If there are around 1000 normal-ranked level 10 beasts right now, there would be less than 50 gold-ranked level 7 beasts. Most of them only exist in legends. Nobody could directly prove the existence of these beasts that had reached their peak…” Grandma Wu Teng nodded assuredly.

“Then in another place, such as Tong Tian Tower, would there be an existence of a beast that is higher than gold-ranked level 7” This time, Tian Lang asked, he remembered according to the purple-slab in his consciousness, his [Shadow Leopard] was a Platinum-ranked level 5 beast. Does that mean the Shadow Leopard’s growth was limited to Platinum-ranked level 6?

“Yes. However, those are not the topics that we will go through today. In the future when you guys already have the powers of a level 7 [Overlord], a specialist will be assigned to you to explain them. Let’s talk about your second question now, about warriors. Other than the different level of titles that we knew about, after level 7 [Overlord], there would be another realm. When you have reached that realm, there would be a person that will guide you to reach greater heights…” Grandma Wu Teng didn’t explain further, irritating Tian Lang once again. Why did everyone have to leave the answer hanging halfway?

“Ah, then could you explain more about the difference in a beast’s and a warrior’s strength? Also, could you explain more about Holy Beasts and Mythical Beasts?” Tian Lang wanted to use this pretext to understand his abilities more clearly. What realm had he actually reached? Was he a Holy Beast or a Mythical Beast, actually?

“Alright, I will talk about the relationship between a beast and a warrior now. Also, I will talk about how to cultivate a Holy Beast and a Mythical beast.” Grandma Wu Teng spoke out calmly, but her words immediately shook everyone present.

Cultivating a Holy Beast and a Mythical beast? How could this be possible?

Could they really be cultivated with a person’s strength?

“With regards to Holy Beasts and Mythical Beasts, everyone should know that they exist. Furthermore, there are a lot of people who know the method to cultivate a Holy Beast. However, regretfully, these methods are useless to a normal person. Just like a normal person and summoning grimoires, they know that grimoires exist, but they simply can’t contract with them.” Grandma Wu Teng smiled, “If you want to know the method, then you must first understand what a Holy Beast is and how to evaluate them.”

Not only Tian Lang, even the little girls who acted all-knowing were all listening intently with their ears perked.

Grandma Wu Teng slightly looked at Tian Lang. Her gaze seemed to contain some profound meaning.

“The term Holy Beasts actually does not refer to a specific type of beast, nor does it refer to a rank or level. Holy Beasts are actually a realm. Any beasts that has a high intelligence is a Holy Beast. No matter if they are normal-ranked, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, or diamond, as long as they have a high enough intelligence, they could be considered a Holy beast... Of course, it would be difficult for beasts under platinum-rank to possess high intelligence. Hence, beasts under platinum-ranked that can become Holy Beasts are only one in a million.

“Other than those level 10 beasts that have lived in the natural world for thousands of years, even tens of thousands of years, it would be difficult for most beasts to reach the Holy Beast’s realm. Holy Beasts’ specialties are Speech and Learning. Due to their high intelligence, a Holy beast can speak the human language, and at the same time, it can also learn a human’s ability. Only when your beasts reach that kind of realm, will you understand that in reality, the Holy Beast’s realm is actually just the starting point for a beast to reach the peak...

“Holy Beasts, other than possessing high intelligence, they can also learn and speak. They also have another ability, and that is to turn into a human form. It doesn’t matter if their initial body looked like a lion, an eagle, or anything else, they can turn into a human. They would slowly evolve to look like humans, to speak our language, and study our martial art skills.

“The stronger the Holy Beast is, the more perfect its evolution to humans will be, and the more they will look like us. If a Holy Beast can reach Ninth-tier, then they would become identical to us. They can even sit here with us and listen to lectures, without us being able to differentiate who are beasts and who are humans.” Grandma Wu Teng’s words made Tian Lang swallow a large lump of spit.

The peculiar look in Grandma Wu Teng’s eyes caused him to shiver. That gaze, was he... exposed?

17