Chapter 063: Two Maniacs
401 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Definitely didn't forget to release yesterday

Tian Lang and the girls watched the scene until the end, when shivers ran through their whole bodies. Yue Yu even shut her eyes. Now, although she felt awkward, she was thankful to the chaotic being for grabbing her mouth.

After all, this terrifying life form was actually the legendary Gold-rank Level 7 Reaper Mantis that was said to have been extinct. Not only that, it was actually a Gold King Beast.

Ignoring the abysmal number of Gold King Beast she had seen, this was without a doubt the most dangerous one!

Compared to the stealth operation he just saw, his ‘training’ with the shadow leopard wasn’t even childs’ play. He was slightly confused. Was this bug’s stealth superior or his Shadow Leopard’s? He couldn’t come to a conclusion.

His Shadow Leopard could hide in the shadows and blend without anyone’s notice. However, this Reaper Mantis was one of a kind too. Whether it suddenly appeared, or it was there from the start, nobody could tell.

When Tian Lang realized this matter, he suddenly hissed: so dangerous, so fatal!

He finally understood what kind of heaven-defying monster he had under himself.

He decided to faithfully complete the training Meng Delan had created for him. Awareness was really, really important!

He had thought of contracting this dangerous creature but crossed it almost instantly.

Ignoring whether this bug could become a Holy Beast or still have those scythes in their holy beast form, it already lost the ability to go through variant evolution. Only beasts of Level 5 and below retained that ability.

Then again, he started to become afraid of his own Innate Skill: [Alpha]

Alpha: You are arrogant. You are fierce. You are the greatest predator of the hierarchy. You easily influence those around you. Like the brightest star of the sky, you get noticed even among millions. Unexpected situations are bound to happen around you. Weak-willed and weaker enemies are prone to bow their heads before you. 

It did say unexpected things are bound to happen around him, but wasn’t this bit too forced and illogical? Reaper Mantis had disappeared for more than a millennium now!

He looked down on the royal swordswoman. His derision filled eyes seemed to say: Reaper Mantises went extinct? What’s that in front of your eyes! Go ahead, and prove that it’s not the extremely dangerous Reaper Mantis and just a lowly bug!

Qian Qian avoided his mocking gaze as if not noticing his derisive eyes. This time she was thoroughly humiliated.

That Bronze-rank Level 6 Poison Wyvern did not even have the chance to struggle and was eaten in a mouthful... Meeting its nemesis, this Poison Wyvern had terrible luck.

After the Reaper Mantis ate the head of the Poison Wyvern, it suddenly lost interest in the giant carcass of the wyvern and threw it away.

With a flap of its wings, it instantly flew up into the sky, disappearing into thin air.

If not for the wyvern’s carcass falling onto the ground loudly in front of their eyes, Yue Yu and Qian Qian would both have doubted that the Reaper Mantis had even appeared before.

“Looks like it really loves eating wyvern and dragon crystals...” Tian Lang was definitely not anxious. To prove that, he occasionally glanced at the rocky hill and his barely discernible shadow in the cave.

He wasn’t worried. Just that, if this bug really noticed the wyvern crystal in his shadow, he might have to add another reaper mantis core to his collection!

“It’s a female mantis. I don’t know if it has laid eggs, but if we find those eggs, then we can find the larvae of the Reaper Mantis.” The royal swordswoman spoke from the gap of his finger, stating her little desire. The Reaper Mantis’ larvae were Gold-rank beasts, and their growth potential was limitless.

“Sure, you can search for mantis larvae while we go back, how about it?” to her greed, the chaotic being only left a sarcastic remark.

“You coward!” Qian Qian was angry. Would he die if he shut his mouth? She had only said it in passing.

“I advise us to finish the black-robed man in this chance,” Tian Lang was prepared to take the trophy. No way in hell would he let go of free treasures. These necromancers must have something of value with them. Also, it was important to take whatever reasons they were here for.

“But he already escaped. How do we find him? Who knows where he’s hiding.” Qian Qian now felt that it was a little dangerous to move in Eagle’s Cry Valley. After all, a Gold-rank Level 7 Reaper Mantis was hidden somewhere and could attack them from behind at any time. This kind of feeling made people’s hairs stand on end.

“Look…” Tian Lang pointed at the skeletons, who were dragging the severed lower half of the black-robed man and the giant wyvern carcass.

Yue Yu freed herself from Tian Lang’s ‘clutch’ and advised, “I think we should get back now. We have found the royal scouting party and confirmed the existence of both the Necromancer and Reaper Mantis. This is already a great achievement. Reporting them back is our topmost priority and that Reaper Mantis is a Level 7 Golden Beast King! It is too dangerous!”

Among the trio, only Yue Yu was the normal one.

Unlike the two rogues, she knew what she must do and what not.

“Yeah, we can go back but have you thought how you would go back without being detected by the hundreds of red-eyed crows? Let’s forget about the crows. Once they are sure that they can’t find us, they would learn that we already left. Who in their sane mind would remain for Rankers to arrive and execute them?” Tian Lang proceeded to pour water into her plan.

“But humans under demon temptation can’t maintain their intelligence after a certain level. If the royal army responds fast, they can take care of it.”

“Yes, but can you depend on that?”

When Qian Qian realized that it was an opportunity to fight, she immediately leaned to Tian Lang, the nasty pervert’s side. “It’s our golden opportunity. We must strike while the iron is hot!”

“...” Yue Yu gave up.

She knew trying to persuade Qian Qian away from fighting was the same as preaching to a dead log. Especially when she had another equal, if not greater, rogue to fuel her fighting spirit.

While feeling sorry for the necromancer, Yue Yu could only board with their plan. First, he had let the Reaper Mantis ambush him, killing off his Bronze-rank Level 6 Poison Wyvern. Now, he would be ambushed again by a fighting maniac and a big pervert. And if there was a need, she was also there as a backup. With their double attack, it would be hard for the fellow to survive even if he wanted to.

Just like that, while being sandwiched by two beautiful bodies, Tian Lang discussed their ambush plan. As for his occasional distracted voice, Yue Yu and Qian Qian could only selectively ignore them.

Yue Yu had it better as she was above them, but for someone below Tian Lang, Qian Qian could only remove some of her memories. She felt she could almost feel something hot near her thigh, almost. As for whatever it could be, she pulled all types of references out of her head to not beat this innocent horny pup.

After around ten minutes, a grey-robed male stood on top of a giant Iron-winged Crow King’s back, a distance away from the black-robed man above the stream.

That black-robed man cursed in rage, saying, “I’m really too unlucky. It took so much effort to get this body! I didn’t expect that, within half a month, it would be sliced into half by a Reaper Mantis. I probably won’t be able to recover the body to its initial state without at least a year’s time. Didn’t Master Suo Ge say that there were no more Reaper Mantises in Dead Stone Mountains? I really met a ghost then. If not for me running fast, my head would probably be bitten off like my wyvern. Lu Dun, help me out a little, connect my body together.”

The grey-robed man snickered, “Your luck is really bad. I’ve been staying in Dead Stone Mountains for almost ten years, and I’ve never seen a Reaper Mantis. It’s probably the fault of your wyvern. Who asked you to like wyverns so much and contract with one to make it your mount?”

The sudden appearance of another necromancer caused the trio to discuss their plan once again.

Especially Yue Yu. When she heard these guys even had a Master, she basically dragged the two maniacs away, saying the necromancers were being led by a Lich, and they would definitely suffer.

The royal swordswoman pointed the grey-robed man to Tian Lang and made a circle with her finger, indicating him to attack from behind. She hadn’t forgotten that she brought him to check his skills—no reason to let him fight the easy prey.

Tian Lang picked up two stones and moved.

Yue Yu suddenly grabbed his arm. “Wait, aren’t you going to summon your Bloody Queen?”

“I will. If needed,” he replied while revealing a thoughtful look as if saying: is it needed?

Under Yue Yu’s thoughtful eyes, the chaotic being and the royal swordswoman rushed towards their respective target.

Tian Lang skipped on the rocky hill as he stepped higher and higher. Once he was in position, he kicked the large beneath his feet and jumped at the Iron-winged Crow King.

The grey-robed man noticed the irregular motion. He summoned his silver grimoire in a fluster.

Unfortunately, Tian Lang hadn’t targetted the grey-robed man from the start. He plunged his fully extended claws below the crow’s beak.

“CAAAA!!!”

He grabbed a handful of feathers and moved below the crow’s belly.

The crow king struggled to shake off the illegal rider but to no avail. Instead, it started to descend.

“Damn it! A kid is creating trouble for me? How did he get up this far?!” the grey-robed man cursed while searching the preparator, who seemingly disappeared mid-air.

“Lu Dun, damn you! Don’t just watch, give me a hand here.” 

While Tian Lang’s plan was proceeding, Qian Qian half succeeded in her ambush. Now the black-robed man only had his chest and above as a skeleton ran with a head in tow.

With the thought that the grey-robed man was distracted, Tian Lang moved like a spider, climbing to the crow’s head. With a fierce punch, he broke the crow’s skull. Eliciting a painful cry from the crow.

Before the grey-robed man had a chance to stabilize on the crow’s back, his claws bored the Iron-winged Crow King’s beast crystal. To the grey-robed necromancer’s horror, the bird’s body limped downwards as Tian Lang turned at the necromancer and waved the beast crystal as if saying: What took you so long? It was hard taking this out alone.

19