Chapter 004: Tian Lang
2.8k 12 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

The pup was dragged here and there with the two-legged creature for the next few days. He saw many things he never thought existed and also found how mystical and powerful this two-legged creature was! Still, the pup never saw any creature that was similar to this two-legged creature. It made the pup secretly relieved. At least, there weren't too many of these creatures. While thinking he would once again retrieve his freedom once he broke away from the clutch of this comfy bed, he chewed the fifth Dragon Crystal.

Strangely, the pup didn’t the increase in his strength, nor did he go through another evolution. Even the creature who housed him on its chest was surprised. At first, it thought after eating the first crystal he would level up once or twice, but not only did he not level up, he didn’t even show signs of any growth.

Curiosity took over the thousand years old creature as it gave the pup strong and stronger crystal, but even after consuming the fifth crystal, there were no signs of level up. It made the curious creature want to cut the pup in half and explore his inner workings.

Only after regaining its logical thinking did it stop the crazy path of thinking. No matter how the process was handled, there was no way the pup would be live through the ordeal.

After five days, the pup was let go for the first time. The seductive and affectionate voice that pup heard for the last few days once again rang in his ears. He, at first, found them quite annoying yet pleasant, but now he gradually started to understand bits of their meaning.

“Little Wolfen, gather knowledge and become stronger. I’ll come and find you six months later, don’t become someone else's pet, ok?” It called the pup rather affectionately and even gave the pup a nickname.

The pup didn’t understand the full meaning of the creature’s words. He did understand that the creature was leaving him, however, they would meet again in the future.

The creature once again flew towards the sky but this time, alone. Suddenly, it dropped again, “Right, you need a name and I thought of a good one for you. Remember well, Tian Lang! That shall be your name!” It suddenly made a thoughtful expression in its flawless jade face, “Hmm~ you might not remember it... Yeah, I can do that...”

The creature suddenly took out a black collar seemingly out of nowhere and curved some incomprehensible markings before stuffing it on the pup’s, and now the neck of Tian Lang.

Tian Lang struggled when the creature put on the collar, but when it was done putting he didn’t mind anymore. Nor did he feel humiliated. After all, he didn't know what putting a collar meant. The collar wasn’t heavy by itself, and it didn’t hinder him in any way either. His eyes were once again glued on its jumping pieces of flesh.

After nudging Tian Lang once again it flew back but this time, it didn’t turn back.

Tian Lang felt a bit homesick. Oh! How he missed the soft bed. It warmly embraced his body from left, right, and below. No no I should rejoice for obtaining my long wished freedom, the pup reminded himself again and again.

But that bed was the best...

Suddenly, his ear jerked. He heard some noise, it was a bit similar to the words he heard from the creature but those were more roguish and unpleasant to listen. Occasionally, there would be some shrieking and wailing. Out of curiosity, he decided to check the source of the noises.

If it was another two-legged creature, he might be captured once again, after all, he didn't know the thing called: running away. If he couldn't defeat it, maybe he would be captured once again or worse, eaten. As for his chance of winning? He already learned his lesson and that was, the two-legged creatures are abnormal!

The pup lacked knowledge about individual strength. He knew the newborn of a species might be weaker than the others, but all grown up had a similar strength of its species.

With swift but careful steps to not alert any creatures, the pup climbed the nearest mountain. From the shrubs, he searched for the source of the noise. What he saw baffled him greatly.

Hundreds of two-legged creatures were fighting against each other. They looked a bit different, but he was sure they were the same species of creature he spent a few days worth of time with. Of course, not that the little pup understood the difference between sexes, on top different sex of another species. Most of them had hard looking skin. Those skin reminded him of the treasures he hid below the crystal bed on his mountain. But he knew better than that. That skin was just an outer layer, they had white skin below that outer skin! That extremely soft skin was flexible but impossible to pierce!

What was even more astonishing was the sticks they were wielding cut through each other like cutting through tofu. The pup gulped and wondered how he would fare against those sharp looking stick. But he didn’t run away to save his own ass. The two-legged creature with soft lumps of flesh repeatedly instructed him to learn. Then it came to him, learn from what or whom? Then it dawned on him where did that beautiful creature leave him? It was where he could meet similar creatures. It was obviously talking about its own species. They were the strongest, and even he himself tasted their knowledge for the last few days. Every move of that creature was graceful but filled with boundless power. The things it kept speaking never continued for as long as he could remember as if the knowledge in its head had no end. So, the learning pup observed. He observed how those creatures fought and killed each other. He watched their reaction every time a hit connected to their bodies. Which place hurt more and which place hurt less. He analyzed their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, one day was nowhere near enough, he observed their fight as long as they continued their fight.

He learned more of the two-legged creature’s language. If what he learned from the beautiful one was a graceful and charming way of speaking, what he learned now was the most vulgar curses and obscenity. It wouldn’t be weird for the one who learned like this to curse out vulgarities and still sound charming.

Tian Lang became amazed at the fighting intent of these creatures! They fought in the day and at night, they rested. But even after a week their fight never came to an end. Then a weird one appeared. It looked frail compared to the other of its species and its skin was also white, unlike the bulky yellow and brown muscle it looked like a cub, but the intelligent (?) pup never underestimated it. Even the surrounding warriors looked at it with reverence. At the very least, that was how Tian Lang felt.

Even the opponent warriors seemed nervous and backed away. The frail creature closed its eyes and a silver glow, seemingly out of nowhere, appeared before the individual!

Tian Lang's eye suddenly sharpened. It was hard for him to make out of the outline of this item. It seemed the length of his own body with a similar width.

“Come out, Giant Snowman!” ordered the frail creature.

Suddenly, the item unfurled and once again it released a soft glow before a Giant Snowman came out of the item and stood before the frail creature.

Tian Lang never saw any beast similar to this Giant Snowman. Its appearance was similar to those two-legged creatures but it had giant ruggy body and didn’t even look that much intelligent.

Receiving the order from its Summoner, the snowman conjured multiple ice spikes and shot them towards the enemies.

Shu SHA

The invincible (?) two-legged creatures whom the mighty pup, Tian Lang, couldn’t even leave any scratch, the Giant Snowman mowed them easily with some snow spikes. Not only that, no matter how the opposing side retiled, they were quickly wiped out.

Waa-

The pup wow-ed in amazement, and also in envy. That looked freaking cool! Not just cool, that was freaking powerful! As for how much? He didn’t dare to estimate. After all, two-legged creatures and everything related to them were all abnormal!

The fight finally concluded. With the emergence of the elite, one side took the advantage very soon. The pup also hid deep inside the mountain range. He felt depressed, there was no way to win against those creatures. He must get stronger to defeat those two-legged creatures. He recalled those black gem-like eyes and the soft bed of flesh. He wanted those and not be played around by that beautiful creature again. So, he gathered up his will to get stronger... as for how he could only find out from now on.

Unconsciously, the innocent pup already grew accustomed to the rule of this world. No. It was his instinct. His instincts told him he had to get stronger if he wanted to possess that, have that beautiful and comfy bed all for himself!

Get stronger, how, get stronger?

Tian Lang thought for the first time as he headed deeper inside the forest. He learned 80% of their language. There was no problem to form a sentence anymore. Rather than just feeling and thought, he could form some barely understandable sentences. Even though he learned their language, he had yet to learn any proper knowledge, but once he got stronger, he would surely return and learn everything by their side!

As for how to get stronger? He only knew of one method.

Fight!

That was how he got familiar with his body and sharpened his senses. Sure there were times that gaping holes in his body left him unable to move and he was forced back. But in the end, after unending tries, he eventually gained the upper hand. If this was viewed from a different point, it was also a process of self-learning. Learning the enemy's weaknesses and utilizing them to survive and triumph. This was something every creature must utilize to survive in the wilderness and unfavorable situations.

As he ventured deeper and deeper, his surrounding got increasingly darker. Tian Lang was already familiar with the night and day cycle but still, the darkness came too soon. The trees along the path also grew thicker. Their bark had also changed color from dark brown color to jet black. If looked carefully the deeper the trees were, the darker their barks were.

After walking for several thousand meters, he felt the trees a bit strange. As if they were releasing a dark aura. He couldn’t be sure as it was only a vague feeling but now, this place was extremely dark to be called day. Yet, he walked unhindered but his line of sight—which never hindered him in darkness—became immensely limited. Occasionally, there would be a few sha sha sound, tensing his nerve. So far there was no prey to hunt neither an opponent to fight against, leaving him quite frustrated.

Suddenly, a gust of black shadow passed on his back, Tian Lang jumped ten meters forward and turned around at the same time!

Shua! shua!

Nothing, there was absolutely nothing. Only the occasional wind but the eerie atmosphere caused even the chilly wind to look bleak. Glaring cautiously, the vigilant pup, Tian Lang, once again turned back and a huge hideous face shocked the shit out of his soul!

Before he could react, the large hideous mouth opened with jagged uneven teeth and downed the tiny pup in one gulp...

56