Chapter 3
2.4k 13 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the main course of dinner was over and waiting for desert was the time when Adrian decided to speak up. "Father..." he said, Dirk looked at his son and said, "Yes,son...is there anything you want?", Adrian nodded his head and said, " I want to start studying and learning swordsmanship and magic".

Dirk was so surprised that he said, "What?". Adrian repeated what he said. Dirk was confused and asked why was he wanting to study and told Adrian that he was too young and should said another two years.

 

But Adrian said that he wanted to do the best he can and be the perfect successor for the Hofstader Duchy, Dirk was touched but he said he didn't need to do that as he was already the successor no matter what. But Adrian was adamant and after some chatting and Adrian throwing a tantrum dirk decided to relent after all he couldn't say no to something his and Margaret's only child wants especially if he was this keen. He decided to relent and said that he would arrange tutors for him and told him to wait for 2-3 days.

 

Adrian was very happy and said, " Thank you Father." and internally he said, "Mission accomplished." with glee. He also thought to himself, "I may not have been given a cheat system or some sort of cheat ability but I will try my best" and with that he steeled his resolve to shape his future. 

 

After that he waited for 3 days and finally on the 3rd day he met his teachers, there were 3 of them, all three of them said together, "It's nice to meet you Master Adrian we will be your teachers from tomorrow onwards. It's rare to see someone your age interested in studies but we will do our best to teach you.".

 

The 3 of them looked quite different from each other, the first was a middle aged man with brown hair and eyes he said," I am Alder I will be teaching you the letters , history, mathematics and politics, I used to work at the Rosa Imperial Academy Academy as a professor". The second one was also a middle aged black hair, black eyed man but was wearing armor he said, "I am Caleb I will be teaching you martial arts and swordsmanship. I am the commander of the knights of Hofstader Duchy".

 

The third one was an old man who had white hair and gray eyes and was wearing a white robe he said, "I  am David and I will be your magic instructor, I am the head of the Imperial Mages". Adrian thought, "Wow as expected from father all 3 are heavyweights, My education should be perfect, now all that's left is to work hard". Adrian smiled and bowed gracefully and said, "Nice to meet you 3. Hope we can get along well. Please take care of me.". All 3 were very surprised to see such a small child behave so maturely, they all had smiles on their faces as they thought, "This will be interesting".

 

So Adrian's training began from next day. Studying the letters and mathematics, history etc. was quite easy for him as he was a mathematics major in his previous life and the history and level of education in this world was simpler than his previous life and he had a brief insight into the history of this world through the game.

 

As for the swordsmanship he seemed pretty good at it too, looks like he got a protagonist buff after all, even his magic power was quite substantial as said by his magic teacher who said he could become as strong as him or even stronger. Adrian was very happy to finally to have buffs, he said to himself, "Finally I can see some light in the dark, I will continuously and diligently improve myself". Now in this world there were 6 different types of magic they are fire, water, earth , lightning, light and dark. Most people can use only one type of magic like his father could only use fire though he is very proficient and strong in that.

 

Adrian was a rare prodigy who could use 3 elements that is fire, lightning and light, and had a great control over them and a considerable amount of magic power unlike his game counterpart who only had fire magic but  was terrible at it. The 3 teachers were very pleased with him and thought he was a genius (though he wasn't, it was only cuz his previous life's memories that he could learn easily but they didn't know that and he had no intention to reveal anything).

 

His father was very happy and proud to hear their praises and secretly in him room when there was no one there he took his deceased wife's photo with tears in his eyes and said," See Margaret our son is growing up and he is growing into such a fine man, finally we don't have to worry anymore". His attitude was relevant also for the reason that Adrian stopped doing any mischief and treated the servants kindly and did his work diligently, it was as if he suddenly matured, although Dirk was a bit worried at this change he thought it's for the better as he couldn't stay by his son's side all the time and guide him.

 

In this way two years went by.

61