Chapter 4
2.2k 9 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adrian was currently 5 years old. This studies were going quite well as usual. He has made great progress in his history, mathematics and politics studies and his teacher has informed him that he is currently at the level of the Imperial Academy students which is more than great news. His swordsmanship and martial arts level has improved greatly due to his diligent practice and he could now at least give a fight to his mentor who was a Swordsmaster.

 

It was really unprecedented and his teacher said he could very well beat him by the time he reaches 10 which would be good news cuz the protagonist was said to be a particularly good swordsman among his peers and almost near a Swordsmaster, if he can beat his mentor he can sure as hell beat the protagonist if need be.

 

His magic has also improved a lot and he can do some advanced level magic, his mentor told him that with the level he was going his studies for magic in the academy might just be a formality. He was mostly happy with his progress and thought that he was going in the right direction, he may be able to get top marks in the Academy too which would be good for our family prestige.

 

Anyway things very going good then one day father bought home a little girl who was one year younger than me. Father introduced her to me," Adrian this is Alice, she is from Baron Snow family, he was my friend in the military, from today onwards she will be your little sister. Both of you greet each other.".

 

Alice looked very cute with silver hair and purple eyes and she a a bit timid as she hid behind father. He mustered up courage and stepped up and held  her skirt and bowed and said," It's nice to meet you brother, I am Alice". Adrian looked her for a few seconds then smiled and said, "Nice to meet you too, I am Adrian, if you need help with anything please let me know".

 

Alice smiled timidly and nodded. Dirk told Alice she needs to rest and  took her to her room. Adrian went straight to him and gave out a big sigh. Yes he knew this girl would come, he knew it since he remembered about his previous life. She was the daughter of a fellow colleague and friend of his father in the military who was adopted after her father got killed in an operation, her father requested my father to take care of his only daughter as he also lost his wife but it was when his daughter was 3 years old, so my father adopted her. This is all well as good but the problem is she is one of the heroines of the game "Eyes of Justice" which he was now a part of.

 

She was one of the 4 heroines who assisted the protagonist in his task of killing him when he turned into a demon, she had a very high percentage of light magic. She had a really bad relationship with him as he bullied her because of his nature so she hated him. She had a really bad childhood as she was bullied by some other kids at parties because of her silver hair which was rare and they bullied her and called her a witch so she was mostly alone and on the top being bullied by Adrian.

 

Shaking his head Adrian thought she had a very sad life so he was going to do his best to act as a big brother to her and ensure that she isn't lonely, thinking that he clenched his fists.

 

That night at dinner Dirk had to leave for urgent work so Adrian had dinner with Alice in the dining room. Normally he'd have in his room but since he has a new family member now, he decided it would be better to get to know each other better. Adrian asked Alice, " Alice is the food to your liking? If you don't like something you can always tell the chef and he will prepare it to your liking." Alice sat quietly and nodded. "As I thought" said Adrian it was difficult to get her to open up.

 

Then when the meat was served Alice was having difficulty cutting it due to her small hands and inexperience and the meat being hard, she she was new and from a Baron house none of the maids were going to help her. So Adrian asked Anna to help her. When Alice was saying it's ok, Adrian said no need to worry she is his sister now and as he said before she should tell him if she has any trouble and he will help her. He then loudly said to all the servants to take care of his sister.

 

Their attitude towards her changed after that and they even helped her get down from her chair when the meal was over.  Alice smiled with tears in her eyes towards Adrian. Adrian was shocked and asked if he had done something wrong. To which Alice shook her head and said she cried cuz she was happy and that she didn't feel lonely anymore and hugged him, he also happily hugged her overjoyed that he has made some progress. she then said Thank you and Good night and left.

 

At night while going to bed Adrian felt very happy as he had avoided doing another thing that might get him killed and managed to make Alice less lonely, he smiled and said "Mission Accomplished, I hope now we can grow up as siblings normally", with this said he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

58