Chapter 19
1.2k 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One thing Adrian was glad about, it was that the girls in his class weren't fangirling over him. They even pretended not to know him in front of the fangirls as a consideration for him or maybe to avoid unnecessary hostility and protect themselves, either way he was grateful with this he could at least be just friends with girls.

 

After that event of getting along with classmates, school life for Adrian became better, it's not like he was missing this before but having friends and people to talk to certainly made things less boring.

 

With this days went by as usual until it was 3 days before the swordsmanship tournament. The peaceful school life suddenly became bustling with excitement and gossip, well it wasn't a surprise as the cause was indeed worthy of that.

 

The cause was the news that the Swordsaint will be coming to watch the tournament. People were excited to see her as most people haven't seen her. Adrian was excited too, he even wanted to have an all out duel with her.

 

People however didn't know the reason for her visit. However Adrian knew the reason from the game, the reason was simple, she was a friend of princess Rosalia, the swordsaint is just 19 years old, so not much older than the princess or Adrian, she used to train in the palace when she was younger as one of the soldier recruits, she was genius in the field recruited at the age of 14, at that time she was skilled enough to even give a swordsmaster a hard time, anyway the princess since young loved to watch the soldiers tarin, that's where they met and became friends and the princess invited her to watch her school's swordsmanship tournament.

 

Adrian also had a connection with the swordsaint, well she didn't know about it, his swordsmanship teacher and the commander of the Hofstader Duchy's knights was also her teacher, when he was the head of a knights battalion in the imperial army.

 

In the game, she it was said that she was impressed with Victor's swordsmanship and showed him a few moves before leaving but that's it, Victor could never reach her level, but what about Adrian? He smirked, he knew at the very least she could give her a good , of course he doubted that he would be able to beat her, she was rumored to very strong and he had never seen her fighting so based on what he knew, he couldn't beat her in a pure swordfight but using magic too would be a different case as she couldn't do it.

 

But nevertheless hew wanted to fight her fair and square in a pure swordfight at least once. It was rumored that she would arrive today and leave after the tournament, the princess has made arrangements for her stay, so it should be fine.

 

While thinking those things Adrian ,made his way to the cafeteria during lunch, when a voice called him from behind. 

 

"Hey Adrian", said the voice and Adrian immediately recognized it as princess Rosalia's voice. With a gulp at the everyday charade he had to put up with he turned to her direction.

 

Princess Rosalia was with her entourage as usual,  however there was a beautiful older woman in knights uniform with them, she was very attractive in appearance in Adrian's eyes, she had auburn hair and golden eyes, he height was slightly on the tall side, as she was the same height as Adrian who was himself tall for age. he guess she could be the swordsaint.

 

Adrian bowed elegantly and said, "Good Afternoon your highness princess Rosalia, I hope you are well today". Rosalia puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms and said, "How many times have  told you to drop the formalities and calling me by my name only?". she looked very cute in that pose to Adrian but he kept his expression in check.

 

Adrian curtly replied, " I am afraid I can't do that your highness, considering your status". Rosalia pouted even more then sighed, "Geez you are too stubborn".

 

Then she pointed at the female knight and said, "Oh yes, I would like to introduce to you this is my friend and the swordsaint Arelia Green".

 

The swordsaint bowed and said, "Nice to meet you  Lord Adrian, I am Arelia Green, it's an honor to meet you.". 

 

"Likewise, I am honored to meet the legendary swordsaint of our empire", Adrian said with a smile. She smiled back at his comment.

 

Meanwhile people heard the word "swordsaint" they quickly glanced at Arelia and before they could surround and approach them, princess Rosalia sensed that and said, "Then Adrian , see you later", and they left the place quickly". Adrian nodded quickly in response.

 

That day Adrian was very happy even after he returned to the dormitory, after all he met the swordsaint he always wanted to meet, maybe being friends isn't so bad? Adrian thought.

 

Arelia didn't appear anymore in front pf people in the next two days before the tournament, maybe so as not to cause a fuss and people couldn't approach the princess casually to ask about her due to her status, so things were relatively peaceful. But new about the swordsain't beauty  spread across the campus and many guys were eager to see that beauty for themselves. Adrian though was only interested to fight her, he made up a lot of ways to convince her to have a duel with him after the tournament. 

 

After 2 days it was finally time for the tournament.

33