Chapter 23
1.4k 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next morning.

 

Adrian got up and got ready for  his match. Anna wished him good luck and with that he made his way to the tournament stadium.

 

He met a lot of people who wished him and told him that they believed that he would win.

 

Suddenly in the middle of the way to the stadium, he saw Rosalia, Allena and Emily all 3 standing there. Each looking at the other with hostility.

 

Adrian gulped and made his way forward, he got a bad feeling about this.

 

When they saw him, they all rushed towards him with smiles in their face, then they grabbed his arms and said, “I was waiting for you, let’s go together”, their voiced echoed.

 

Then they scowled at each other and started arguing of who should be going with Adrian and then turned towards Adrian asking who he chooses.

 

Adrian was flustered, he then said, ”Look over there, it’s the swordsaint”. When they were distracted he used that time to run away.

 

He really can’t get used to it.

 

The stadium was full as yesterday, but today people had banners of two colors, one having the face of Adrian and the other had the picture of Victor. Looked like yesterday’s performance was greatly enjoyed by everyone. But even so Adrian’s banners were still higher, well he was popular.

 

He then went to his sit in the same place as his department. They teased him about  his  “3 girlfriends”, the guys were really reliable. They helped ease his tension.

 

With this they continued their discussion with laughs .

 

Then the stadium filled up and both Adrian and Victor were called at the arena, before he could go though the 3 girls met him.

 

They didn’t assert themselves this time, no doubt understanding that the current situation would be better for him stress free. They just wished him luck. He thanked them and went to the arena.

 

The crowd cheered as both stepped into the arena.

 

Both Adrian and Victor shook hands and wished each other a good game.

 

They then took their positions. The referee then announced the start of the match.

 

Victor then didn’t waste time and attacked Adrian with all his might. Adrian smiled. He understood that Victor saw his performance yesterday and didn’t want to take his chances.

 

Adrian decided to go all out too as it only be fit to go all to meet an all out challenge.

 

He parried easily and then attacked with full force. Victor could only stop two attacks then got overwhelmed and was knocked out towards the wall with a blow alone, his sword flying out off his hand and he crashed into the wall of the arena unconscious.

 

“I guess I overdid it, hope he is ok”, thought Adrian while scratching his head.

 

After a few seconds of silence the referee announced Adrian’s victor which had the crowd roaring in excitement.

 

Immediately healers approached and healed Victor. After regaining consciousness he went and thanked Adrian for a good match and congratulated him for his victory. Adrian also said sorry for overdoing it but Victor said he is glad he was able to face Adrian in full power.

 

So Adrian won the tournament, he looked at the swordsaint and saw her eyes were full of excitement ready for battle.

 

Which made Adrian smile as he wanted that, he decided to challenge her after the prize ceremony.

 

All 3 girls i.e. Rosalia, Emily and Allena congratulated him.

 

Then the prize ceremony started and as soon as the prize was given the swordsaint suddenly came u and asked if she could have a match with Adrian which Adrian easily agreed and he was also glad that he didn’t even have to ask for that.

 

The 3 girls again wished him luck but they were a bit worried but Adrian told them not to worry.

 

This time all mages from the academy made a barrier around the stadium as requested by both Adrian and the swordsaint as a fully power battle between them could endanger other people. Even the referee was outside the barrier.

 

Everyone was anticipating in excitement for this battle.

 

Adrian and the swordsaint faced each other and the battle began with  the referee’s signal.

 

They both rushed at each other with full power. Their clash produced shockwaves which thankfully was stopped by the barrier, otherwise the audiences could be hurt.

 

Their movements were a blur, no one could see what was happening. Meanwhile it was intensive for both of them.

 

They countered each other’s every move without leaving room for any error.

 

Adrian’s moves were flawless but the swordsaint had a vast experience in real battle.

 

Both refused to give an inch and this continued on and on.

 

Then the swordsaint made a small mistake and Adrian capitalized on it and got behind her back to knock her sword and knocking her into the ground and Adrian won by pointing his sword at her neck.

 

The crowd went wild. The swordsaint smiled and got up and ,” Good job, but next time I won’t make that mistake”.

 

Adrian was happy to have another chance later and said,” Sure I’ll be waiting for it, I only won this time because of your mistake”.

 

The swordsaint shook her head and said, ”No, mistakes are part of every battle it’s my loss”.

 

With this she waved with a smile and left.

 

 

 Everyone congratulated him. He 3 girls clinged into him and they insisted that he have dinner with them, which caused an awkward dinner at the school cafeteria.

 

His classmates also congratulated. The following day, the newspapers around the empire was publishing news headlines about another swordsaint being born. But since it wasn’t an official battle he didn’t have to king or the other nobles.

 

The swordsaint left on the day after the battle which was different from the game as she stayed two days to teach Victor something but Adrian guessed now there wasn’t anything for her to do now.

 

He was happy to become rivals with the swordsaint and wished to fight her again sometime.

 

Meanwhile Rosalia, Emily and Allena all 3 insisted that one of them “take care” of Adrian after he was exhausted from yesterday but all they did was argued and nothing came out of It than Adrian being exhausted.

 

Adrian didn’t even sigh, he just gave up at this point.

34