Chapter 31
665 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The corridor to the audience room was exquisitely decorated with expensive furniture, the walls were made of gold, there were exquisite paintings on the walls, chandeliers hung from the ceiling.

 

Overall it was quite a sight to behold.

 

We reached the door of the audience. Two soldiers covered from head to toe with expensive were guarding both sides of the door, they each held a spear.

 

The door was made of reinforced steel, however it was also decorated with jewels and gold. It was very beautiful to look at.

 

The knight knocked at the door and announced loudly, “ I have brought Lord Adrian Hofstader”.

 

A moment of pause and then I could hear a loud and clear voice which was probably the emperor’s, “Enter”.

 

The knight gestured me to enter.

 

I calmed my mind and went forward as the soldiers slowly opened the door.

 

I found a huge room with various intricate decorations everywhere, walls lined with paintings, huge chandeliers hanging on the ceiling.

 

There was red carpet in the centre of the room, the red carpet extended to the….throne of the emperor. The throne was beautiful made of gold with diamonds and other expensive stones.

 

The emperor sat on it. I gulped and made my way to him.

 

There were rows of chairs on the way where various nobles were sitting. A strand of pink hair, ah Allena’s father was also there, he saw me and smiled and I smiled back.

 

Then beside the emperor I saw another seat, this seat was also quite luxurious seat on it sat a handsome middle aged man with light blue hair and green eyes and was wearing clothes that looked like he was very high ranked and there was the Elderburg crest on his chest.

 

So that must be Emily’s father.

 

I came in front of the emperor and bowed and said, “ Adrian Hofstader greets his majesty the emperor”.

 

The emperor raised his hand , “Raise your head, I heard you defeated the demon king and helped secure the academy. For that I thank you on behalf of the nation”.

 

I raised my head and said with  a smile, “Thank you your majesty but it was a combined effort of everyone not just mine”.

 

“Still humble as always, anyway I heard Rosalia say you have some proof  regarding the demon cult? Show it to me before the trial begins”, said the emperor.

 

“Before that, bring the accused”, the emperor said and Bryan and his father along with a few family members of the Lucifer duchy were brought chained.

 

They looked miserable as if they had been put in prison for a long time.

 

Brad Lucifer, Bryan’s father pleaded, “Y-Your majesty we are innocent, w-we have been framed..”.

 

“Shut up”, said the emperor angrily and he went quiet.

 

I then went forward and presented my evidences to the emperor’s secretory who handed it to the emperor.

 

As the emperor was looking through it I said, “As you can see your majesty I have been collecting evidence on the demon cult for a long time. I first encountered them at our territory and knew that they were bad news so I decided to do some investigating, but as you can see that report alone wasn’t proof enough as there were never any solid evidence about them or the Lucifer house, however with what happened at the academy, we have sold proof”.

 

“Hmm this report is well done, but this has the intelligence agency’s style of report writing, how did you get them to do all these investigations for you? It takes a lot of money for this. Even the Royal treasury will be severely affected by this kind of investigation”, said the emperor frowning.

 

Sigh I expected this , but I still didn’t want to reveal that I was associated with it but since the emperor is asking I can’t lie.

 

“Umm your majesty the thing is the intelligence agency is under House Hofstader, the head works directly works under me.

 

“Ah I see, hahaha , you are really something, not only you have defeated the demon lord but also have the intelligence agency under you, I am seriously impressed”, said the emperor.

 

All the people in the room also looked at me impressed.

 

“T-Thank you your majesty”, I said.

 

Then the emperor said, “Now I will give the judgement”.

 

The room became quiet.

 

“With all the evidences and eye witnesses it has become clear that House Lucifer were the main culprit behind the demon cult who wanted to take over our nation so House Lucifer will be  purged, take them away”, the emperor said a he motioned to take away Bryan and his people.

 

“Nooo your majesty please have mercy..”, Brad pleaded but they were just dragged away without anyone looking at them.

 

“Now then with that over let’s get to the other thing now that the hero of this battle Adrian Hofstader is here”, said the emperor with a smile.

 

“Other thing your majesty?”, I asked confused.

 

“Yes”, said the emperor with a smile.

 

“For his contribution in taking down the demon cult and defeating the demon lord I award Akira Hofstader with the medal of the blue dragon the highest honor in the country”, announced the emperor.

 

“Congratulations”, everyone present in the room congratulated me.

 

I was a little flustered but I went up and received the medal from the emperor.

 

“Ahem I also have something to give him”, said a voice to the emperor’s side.

 

It was Emily’s father the king of Elderburg.

 

“Y-Yes your majesty?”, I asked.

 

“Hoho you don’t have to worry  , taking down the demon cult also helped our country as they caused problems there too, not  to mentioned you protected by beloved Emily, it’s only right that you get rewarded”, he said cheerfully.

 

“I-I see thank you your majesty”, I said awkwardly while bowing.

 

“I king Harlod of the kingdom of Elderburg for the accomplishment of taking down the demon cult and protecting my daughter present Adrian Hofstader with the medal of silver eagle, the highest award in Elderburg”, said the king.

 

Again everyone cheered for me.

 

I went up to him and took the award.

 

Finally the emperor stood up and said, “Now everyone the trail is completed, you can go back”.

 

Everyone started to leave, I also bowed and said, “Then I’ll….”.

 

Before I could finish my sentence he emperor stopped me.

 

“Adrian please come with us, we have something important to discuss”, said the emperor.

 

“Something important?”, I asked incredulously.

 

“Yes it’s personal”, he said with a smile and a wink.

 

I was confused but followed him without any more questions.

28