1. Unlucky.
9.1k 10 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

...

"I need new soap and probably also new shampoo, lemon fragrance wasn't smell nice."

A normal teenager with blonde hair murmured as he looked seriously at the "soap" section in the supermarket. His name is Kaito, and right now he is contemplating which kind of soap he should buy. He didn't realize that he spend his time long enough that people around him began to gossip about him and brand him as a weirdo.

One of the clerks in the supermarket approached him and asked, "Customer, please pick your soap quickly. Your action causing distress to another customer."

The teenager who heard what the clerk say to him gets surprised and quickly rebuked, "B-But I just want to pick a soap!"

The girls and ladies around her begin to comment. While other men looked at him with contempt.

...

"For more than 10 minutes?"

"Maybe he was thinking which soap that good enough for another purpose."

"Pervert."

"We need to call the police."

"We need to warn others."

...

Realizing the situation around him, he quickly take a random soap and walked away from there. It doesn't stop people talking about him on there though.

>>>>>

*Sigh*

"How unlucky!"

...

The teenager sighed as he complained the moment he get out of the supermarket. He thought to himself, why are people looking at him weirdly when he is just confused about which soap he should take? 

Some people even called him a pervert and even the cashier look at him with a disgusted expression. He swore that he would never visit that supermarket again.

And moreover, somehow when he take the soap randomly, it was still lemon fragrance soap.

*Sigh*

Well, After he take a deep breath, he calmed himself rather quickly and then he walked slowly back to his home.

This is not the first time he has been unlucky and surely not the last time for him.

Since he was born to this world, Highschool DxD, he has been unlucky almost all the time so it was no big deal at all. 

His biological parent leave him at an orphanage the moment he was born, and then 4 years later the orphanage where he was living went bankrupt. After that, he got adopted by someone he has never seen in his entire life, Which is a weird circumstance... but he got no choice at that time. 

He was forced to live in his adoptive parent's home alone with a maid. The maid itself is beautiful and looks like in her '20s, very capable of doing chores and cleaning the house, though she was not very friendly and never talk to himself unless necessary... But at least she does take care of the house.

Apparently, his supposed adoptive parent is rich and his business mainly in Europe. Because of that they can't come back to Japan and take care of him by themselves, so they send a maid to take care of him... At least financially and houseworks.

Thankfully he was a reincarnator, and he was once an adult who lived by himself in his previous life so it wasn't big deal for him to have no parent. Funny enough, even after 10 years of living alone in Tokyo, he never know the face or the appearance of the person who adopted him... Only a letter coming from them each month, and sometimes a recorder containing a distorted voice which he assumed his adopting parents. 

Sometimes he wonders why the fuck this person adopted him in the first place. He wonders if he is lucky or unlucky for this situation to happen.

The only silver lining on this is that he got the whole house on his own with completely still working furniture and then money from the person who adopted him each month, enough for him to live comfortably.

*Sigh*

Still, he won't call himself being lucky with all benefits above, because he was aware of how dangerous the world he is living in right now.

Yet, he doesn't have any cheat or golden finger on himself despite being a reincarnator. He trains himself very hard with various martial arts like Taekwondo and Karate since he was still a little but he knows it won't do much against any supernatural creature in this world.

...

As he walked while thinking more useless things, his thought was interrupted as he hears the voice of a girl yelling coming from behind the building.

...

"You are a liar! You said you will bring me to the Star Hotel!"

"You are actually believing me! Hahaha!!"

"Leave me alone or I will beat you all!"

""Hahahahaha!!""

...

The moment Kaito comes, what he sees there is the short pretty girl with blonde straight long hair surrounded by more than 10 gangsters who keep laughing at her. She tried her best to intimidate them by yelling a threat, but they didn't believe it at all.

...

"This girl should be rich, just look at what she wears!"

"We are hitting the jackpot this time!"

""Hahahaha!!"

...

It can be seen that none of the gangsters take her seriously and all of them have vicious-looking on their faces.

This girl is in a dangerous situation!

Without thinking, As a gentleman, Kaito quickly runs toward one of the thugs and punches him in the face.

*BAMM*

...!!!

"Run!" Kaito yelled toward the girl after punching the thug.

"W-What?!" The girl surprised looked at Kaito who tried to help him.

...!!!

"Who are you, bastard!"

One of the thugs approaching him from behind with a knife but Kaito quickly avoided his attack and sweep his leg, followed by a punch in his stomach. 

*BAMM*

...!!!

*Aaargh... My teeth!"

The other thugs also tried swarmed him, but Kaito is not an ordinary martial art practitioner. The result of his constant training made his instinct very sharp and he could avoid almost all the gangster attacks effectively.

*BAMM*

*BAMM*

*BAMM*

...!!!

Even though he doesn't have any golden finger, doesn't mean Kaito does not have the ability to fight. With his very high-level martial art ability, it would be more than enough to fight a mere thugs.

...

"Kill him! He is just one person, soon he would be overwhelmed by us!"

*BAMM*

*BAMM*

...

Despite being swarmed by a thugs Kaito still tried his best to fight back because the girl is still there behind him. However, the girl behind him chooses to stay instead of running away, while watching him with interest.

*BAMM*

*BAMM*

...

"Girl! You should leave! I can't keep fighting with them! This is dangerous" Kaito loudly said as he keep fighting back the thugs around him.

"N-No! I believe in you would be able to defeat them!" The girl denied his suggestion and looked at him with admiration.

"What nonsense you talk about!" Kaito yelled back, suddenly getting headache.

He seriously thought the girl behind him must be stupid... Or she is just scared... Some of the thugs might chase her if she ran and Kaito can't protect her if that happens. 

So it might be safer to keep hiding behind him (?). He is aware that he would soon reach his limit. After all, no matter how strong his martial art ability is, he is still a normal human teenager in the end.

*BOOM*

...??!!

As he was still fighting back and wracking his brain about how to get out of the situation, suddenly a man with blonde hair landed behind them and yelled, "Human scum, why you are all here?!"

Turning around, Kaito look at the person who called them human scum and can't be helped but get surprised and frowned.

...!!!

Because he realizes that the man in front of him is the first major villain in this world, Riser Phenex. And at that moment he also realized that the girl he tried to save should be his little sister, Ravel Phenex. Kaito can't help but think how foolish he is to try to save a person who definitely stronger than himself. And why he didn't recognize her earlier.

Probably because Ravel currently does not using her iconic twintail hairstyle.

"Onii-chan! They dare threaten me!"

The blonde girl quickly hug his brother arm and asked for help. Both thugs and Kaito stop their fight together looking at who is looking at them. 

Kaito aware of how dangerous the man in front of him was, slowly take a step back as he prepared to run from this short-fuse devil.

"W-Who are you?" One of the thugs asked.

Riser who looked at us with disdain arrogantly replied, "I am Riser Phenex, you all dare threaten my sister, die scum!"

...!!

With his instinct, Kaito quickly turn over and run as quickly as he could. He is aware of how protective Riser is toward his sister in the series, and he has no doubt Riser would start killing all of them right now. The thugs surprised looking at Kaito ran away from the guy in front of them but then split second later it would become their last thought.

With a disdain, very large fireball instantly came out from Riser's hand, engulfed the thufs in the fire quickly, and burn them into ashes. None of the gangsters was even able to scream, as the fire of Phenex quickly burn them alive.

*BURST*

....!!!

Kaito who ran a bit earlier didn't get burned by a thugs but he knows that it's just a matter of seconds. 

"Ah?! Onii-chan?!"

Ravel try to stop his brother because she realizes that she helped was also among the thugs but she was too late.

....

Kaito who get desperately ran away from the fireball would soon get him in second for sure. Right now he was desperately wished whatever golden finger he got should be activated and could save him from getting burned alive!

'There's no way I would just die like this! Please my golden finger!'

...!!!

*DING*

=====

[Congratulation! You have become the Owner of Multiverse Chat Group!]

=====

As the flame was about to devour him in a second, he suddenly hear a bell ringing in his head, and he quickly opened his golden finger.

Wait, What? Is this my golden finger? A chat group?! There's no way this would be able to help--

*BOOM!!*

....!!!

Before he was able to open the chat group interface, the flame already engulfed him and burned him alive. His last thought before he lost consciousness was if he reincarnated again in another world, he just hope that his unluckiness wouldn't follow him to his third life... if he did get another chance.

Too bad his wish won't come true at all.

...

This fanfic is something I write in my spare time when I got small writer's block on writing my main novel (Restaurant). This is side project by the way... but I do also take this seriously since I am a big fans of fanfiction.

After all, my first story is also fanfiction lol.

138