41. Meeting Saitama and Misaka Mikoto.
2.7k 7 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

"Kaito-san, are you done fishing?"

Kaito who returned to the front of the cottage was asked by Miya who approached him. Kaito also brought a bucket of fish in it, making Miya and Kazehana curious, stopping their activity at the moment.

"Not really, but I got a notice that one of the group members will come from the mention inside," Kaito answered.

"How many fish did you get?" Kazehana asked as she take a peek at Kaito's bucket.

Kaito smiled and said, "4 different kinds of fish, I don't even know if these are edible."

"Let me see what you brought. I might be able to recognize them." Miya said and then she took the bucket that Kaito was carrying.

While Miya was checking the fish Kaito had brought, Kaito looked around the area and it seemed that Miya and Kazehana had also finished their task.

The two of them turned this place full of felled tree stumps into an empty field, which seemed like anything could be planted on there. Kaito wondered if they were going to garden here but decided to ask later because the notification from the system immediately startled him.

*DING*

=====

[Caped Baldy requested to be teleported near your location in the base world!]

=====

"Someone is coming, I am leaving first," Kaito spoke, trying to tell Miya and Kazehana so they don't get surprised.

...!!

*BLINK*

Kaito quickly turn around from Miya and walked a bit far away as he prepare a place where Saitama could appear safely. A few seconds later a bright light suddenly appeared in front of Kaito, and out of it appeared a bald man with a yellow suit and red gloves. 

"Ah... that was weird. I thought I was going to be kidnapped by aliens or something."

Kaito didn't expect the first member that would come here would be the famous One Punch Man and probably the strongest person in the chat group right now. Kaito who used to be his fan in his previous life quickly greeted Saitama with respect, while slightly bowing his head.

"Good afternoon, Saitama-sensei."

Saitama who hear Kaito his greeting quickly take a look and while a smile asked, "Ah, blonde teenager... are you the owner?" 

"Yes!" Kaito enthusiastically nodded and introduce himself, "My name is Kaito, nice to meet you."

While Kaito never really describes his appearance in the chat group, he is not surprised that everyone in the chat group probably knows about his identity. After all, Itachi and Akitsu seem to be even more active in the chat group than Kaito himself, and at some point, they probably just told what kind of a person he is.

After introducing himself, Kaito reached out to shake hands with Saitama, which Saitama quickly accepted. At the same time, Kaito was curious about how strong the system's evaluation of Saitama's power was using this opportunity to check his profile.

'Saitama Profile'

...

*DING*

=====

[Name: Saitama]

[Power Evaluation : * * * * * * (++)]

[Special Ability: Limitless]

[System Evaluation: Too strong to be fully identified, even the system can't figure out what is his limit. Definitely able to destroy a planet or two if he wanted to.]

=====

...

'As expected of Saitama sensei' Kaito thought with admiration, looking at how ridiculous system evaluation described Saitama. Saitama who seems perceived that Kaito looked at him weirdly asked, "What's wrong, Kaito?"

Kaito shook his head and quickly diverted the topic saying, "I didn't expect you are the first one to come Saitama-sensei."

Saitama nodded and answered, "Yeah, I remember that I still have veggies on the fridge so I brought them-- and wait!" Saitama hung his head with both hands as he yelled, "Damn it! I forget to bring them with me!"

"It is okay. The other said that they also come with ingredients, right?" Kaito said, trying to calm down Saitama.

"But..." Saitama then notices there is a lake behind Kaito, "Is that a lake? there should be a fish in there. I can catch some fish inside with my bare hand. " Saitama proposed.

"About that, Saitama-sensei. I caught some fish just earlier. How about we just sit down somewhere else and wait for the rest?"

"Well... If you say so, Kaito." Saitama gives in to Kaito's suggestion.

He feels bad that he didn't bring anything with him, but Saitama could tell that Kaito doesn't really want him to go to the lake with his cramped face. On other hand, Kaito is glad the crisis had just been averted...  the beautiful lake would be ruined if Saitama used his strength swimming across the lake.

As Kaito wanted to bring Saitama to meet the girls who had been curiously looking at him from afar, another notification suddenly pop up that tell him another person is about to come.

*DING*

=====

[Railgun Girl requested to be teleported near your location in the base world!]

=====

"Stand back, Saitama-sensei. Biri-Biri is about to come too." 

"Oh... I see."

Saitama quickly nodded and took a step back. Like what happened with Saitama earlier, a bright light illuminated in front of them and a few seconds later, A girl with a short brown-haired girl wearing a school uniform appeared as the light quickly fade out. 

...!!

*BLINK*

Both Kaito and Saitama who had already seen a bit of the memory quickly recognized the girl in front of them. Misaka Mikoto, level 5 Esper in Academy City.

"Blonde teenager... Are you the bastard owner of the chat group?" Mikoto quickly recognized Kaito's presence the moment she laid her eyes on him. 

"Hello, Biri-Biri." Kaito greeted.

...!!

The moment she hear Kaito answer, she quickly dashed toward him in a jiffy, trying to punch him. Kaito didn't expect that Mikoto would attack him and immediately tried to avoid it by jumping back, but his bad luck suddenly kick in. Kaito slipped, and as he fall down, Mikoto's punch perfectly landed in his face and blew him away several meters back.

*BAMM*

...!!

"That punch for all humiliation you did to me inside the chat group, bastard!" Mikoto yelled with a clear happy look on her face as if a weight lifted on her back. 

Kaito on other hand doesn't feel so good after getting punched in the face, groaning in pain as he cursed his bad luck as always. He wondered why he got harmed as his immunity privilege should be activated, only to see that he should manually activate the feature by himself.

"Oi, Kaito. Are you okay?" Saitama who just watched everything happen in front of him asks with concern. 

The reason why he didn't help Kaito is obviously because he is aware of the bad blood between him and Mikoto that happen in the chat group, and Saitama also thinks Kaito also deserves it. Miya is also aware of it and just smiled at her Ashikabi misfortune from afar, while Kazehana doesn't really care what happened to him.

"I am okay, Saitama-sensei." Kaito answered as he tried to stand up, rubbing his face that was still in pain.

Mikoto who just noticed Saitama's presence become nervous and then she greet him politely with a slight head bow, "Ah, Good afternoon Saitama-sensei."

Saitama nodded and greet back, "Yo, uh hello... Railgun girl."

"My name is Misaka Mikoto. Just called me by name, sensei." Mikoto tried to correct Saitama's nickname on her. 

"I am sorry, Misaka-san." Saitama apologized.

"It's okay, Saitama-sensei." Mikoto politely answered.

...

"Oii, why you treated Saitama sensei with respect while you punched me the moment you recognized me?" Kaito grudgingly commented from the side as he just stood up and returned to where he stood earlier.

"Are you seriously need me to explain the reason, bastard?" Mikoto commented while also sticking out her tongue. Misaka's answer actually really grinds Kaito's nerves but sadly, Kaito knows that he can't do anything against her, at least not in front of Saitama. He also doesn't want to ruin his reputation in the chat group by hitting a girl because of petty reasons.

"Alright, my bad. Are you feel satisfied by punching me in the face?" Kaito asked with a sarcastic tone.

"Not really, but I admit it feels great" Mikoto answered with clear happiness.

*Sigh*

As Kaito wanted to reply furthermore, however, Sakuya suddenly appeared in front of them which startled everyone immediately. Even Saitama become alert and quickly become serious, as he could feel the maid in front of him probably could give him a hard challenge.

"Master."

...!!

Realizing it was Sakuya, Kaito calmed down and asked, "Ah, Sakuya? did the cottage... is done?"

Sakuya shook her head and corrected him, "It is a mansion, Kaito-sama."

"Mansion?"Kaito raised his eyebrow in confusion, looking at the wooden cottage again, and replied, "Although I admit it was pretty big, I am not sure it could be called a mansion."

"Expansion magic is applied inside, thanks to some patchouli-san magic book that I brought with me. That's also the reason why it takes me a while to get it ready." Sakuya explained.

"Ah... That makes sense." 

No wonder it took Sakuya a while to set up, even though it's just taken her about 1 minute to build the whole building by herself. Kaito is also curious about what kind of magic books Sakuya have it with her, and wonders if he could learn them later. 

...

"This maid who called Kaito a master... I can tell that she is very strong." Saitama commented with a serious tone.

Mikoto who also could tell something dangerous about the maid in front of them asked, "Bastard, who is she?" 

Looking at both guests curious about her identity, as always she quickly introduces herself with her usual elegant maid act (raise skim of her skirt), "Hello guest, I am Sakuya Izayoi, the private maid of Kaito-sama. My responsibility is to make sure all my master wish is fulfilled."

...!!

"Oh..." (Saitama)

"Anything you wish... you!! Pervert!" (Mikoto)

Hearing Sakuya answer, Mikoto face quickly become redder and out of her emotion, she wanted to beat Kaito again. However, unlike previously, this time Kaito manage to react and even catch her fist quite easily with his right hand. Mikoto tried to electrocute Kaito by activating her ability, but then she realizes her ability just doesn't work. 

*CRASH*

...!!

"This is...?!"

Mikoto was surprised and quickly guess what kind of ability Kaito have, but before she was able to say it... Kaito sighed and replied, "Stop accusing me, Biri-Biri. Geez..."

Ignoring Mikoto's malicious stare at him, Kaito turns his head at Sakuya and asked, "Anyway, Sakuya we could enter the place, right?"

"Yes." Sakuya answered and continue said, "Let me guide everyone real quick. I have also prepared the very big meeting hall inside."

"Let's go" Kaito said as he released his hand from Mikoto.

"Your ability, that was Imagine Breaker from my world does it?" Mikoto asked.

She really asked if her guess was correct, but Kaito who obviously noticed what she wanted just ignored her curiosity and went inside following Sakuya with Saitama.

Saitama on the other hand just followed her quietly, and take a peek at both Kaito and Sakuya from time to time... wondering if Sakuya would fight him if he asked Kaito to do so. He planned to ask Kaito later after all of their business was sorted, and hopefully he would have a good fight.

...

After that, Miya and Kazehana joined Kaito and follow them to the cottage, and they were astonished at what Sakuya did inside the place. Later, the rest of the chat group would also appear, and they have the same reaction as Kaito and the rest did.

...

To be honest, this chapter feels really slow and fillery but I am really having fun writing this kind of just dialogue chapter between these characters. In fact, initially, I have even more dialogue for each character (lmao) but I reduce it a lot.

This is why I always write slice of life because dialogue feels fun to me.

Anyway, I will have all characters appear already in the next chapter, sorry about this.

77