Chapter 2
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So... the picture I uploaded got rejected because it was "corrupted"... I don't feel like trying to upload it again, but I could upload one of the pictures I based the three girls on. Sure they don't have pokemon in them, but they're better than nothing, right? The question is, which girl would you like to see as the cover girl? Imoen, Mina, or Angie?

“Yeah, you run ya flying rat!” Immy yelled at a fleeing wingull.

Mina scratched her Eevee Rosaline’s ear as she looked at the remains of the stale french fries they’d used to lure in a group of wingulls for Immy to practice fighting with Jumper and her other pokemon, “Did Jumper level up?”

Immy turned to Angie who had their pokedex, “Don’t think so.”

Angie checked the pokedex, then turned to Immy and shook her head, “No. He’s still level thirteen.”

Immy didn’t look surprised, “Yeah. Need to fight somethin’ stronger than level five wingulls and rattatas.” She turned to Mina, a grin appearing on her face, “Can’t wait until your dad takes us camping next week so we can fight some strong pokemon!”

Mina didn’t particularly like camping, but it was the best place to look for strong and rare pokemon, “Maybe we can find Annabelle’s family?”

Immy was about to say something, when her attention turned to the direction of the supermarket, “Mom!” She ran off, “Let’s go to the pokecenter! I wanna challenge the gym leader!”

Mina turned to look at Immy’s mother as she walked back towards where they were parked. She was older than both her and Angie’s parents and her graying brown hair and wrinkles earned from years of raising seven boys and a tomboy daughter made her look older than she really was. Her brown eyes were tired, but were still alert as she moved through the parking lot with Immy’s brother Gideon.

Gideon was the youngest of the seven brothers, and Mina’s least favorite. He looked a lot like a male version of Immy, with the same shade of brown hair and brown eyes. He even had the same shaped nose and mouth, except he always seemed unhappy unlike his overly excitable little sister. He was a bit on the chubby side in contrast to the rail thin Immy.

Immy’s mom sighed in exasperation, “Imoen, I already told you five times today we can’t go.”

Immy stopped not far from her mom and began to pout, “But mom! Chad’s going to beat him before I do!”

Gideon rolled his eyes as he pushed a very full shopping cart to the ancient van that was older than most of Immy’s brothers, “Good luck! No way you’re gonna beat the gym leader with those crappy pokemon.”

Immy’s mom jerked her head towards Gideon, “Gid! That wasn’t nice!”

Gideon shrugged, “What? It’s true.”

Immy stomped her feet in anger as she turned her attention to Gideon, “I can too! Jumper’s gotten really strong since I got him!”

Gideon rolled his eyes, glancing at his mother, “Whatever.”

Mina walked to the cart and began helping load groceries into the van.

Gideon sneered in annoyance at her but didn’t reject her help.

Immy turned back to her mom, “Please mom! I’ll be quick!”

Immy’s mom looked like she’d had enough, “Imoen, if you ask one more time I’m not going to let you go on the campout with Mina and her family.”

Immy’s eyes widened in shock, “Mom!” She looked frustrated and crossed her arms, “Okay! I’ll stop!”

Immy’s mom still looked weary, but turned to the groceries, “Help Mina and your brother load groceries so we can head home.”

Immy’s shoulders dropped in defeat as she turned to the van, “Okay…”

Angie began helping move bags of groceries into the back seat, although she avoided Gideon and it was obvious she was nervous being close to him.

Gideon stopped loading groceries and Mina noticed his lips curl into a cruel smile, “Hey,” he turned to Immy, “Imoen.”

Immy continued to pout as she gave Gideon a weary look, “What?”

Gideon’s smile turned sympathetic, though Mina knew he was faking it, “Want to train with some of my friends? You’ll level up your pokemon faster than fighting low level trash in the parking lot.”

Immy’s expression changed back and forth between suspicion and interest, “Really?”

Mina didn’t trust Gideon’s intentions at all, “Immy! Don…”

Gideon cut Mina off by raising his hand in front of her face, “Come on Imoen. You’ll never beat Mike and get your gym badge before Chad this way.”

Immy nodded in understanding, “Okay! Thanks Gid!”

Gideon’s smile made Mina shiver, “Immy, he’s tricking you!”

Immy turned to Mina, “It’ll be okay! No way Jumper’ll lose!”

Gideon looked like he was holding back laughter, “Cool, I’ll call my friends when we get home.”

Gideon turned back to finish putting the last of the groceries into the van, though not before giving Mina a look of victory that also said he knew she knew he was up to no good.

Immy’s mom got into the driver’s seat of the van and looked behind her at them, “Thanks for helping your sister, Gid.”

Gideon’s face smile reappeared on his face as he looked at his mom, “It’s nothing!”

Mina turned back to Immy with worry, but Immy gave her a confident smile. She then turned to Angie, who looked even more worried than she felt.

Once the groceries were loaded, Immy’s mother drove them back to the Pontipee house.

Immy talked excitedly about who Gideon might ask to challenge her and what kind of pokemon they might have.

Once home, Gideon and Immy jumped out of the van.

Gideon yelled back to his mom as he ran into the house, “Gonna call a friend real quick!”

Immy followed right behind him.

Immy’s mom looked only slightly annoyed, “Hey! You can do that after…” her voiced quieted to a whisper as the door closed behind the siblings, “you finish unloading…”

Mina would have laughed at the situation but she still was too worried about Immy. So, she chose to distract herself and turned to Immy’s mom, “I’ll help, Ms. Pontipee.”

Angie moved from the back seat to the bench near the door, “I’ll help too.”

Immy’s mom smiled at them, “I wish my children were as well behaved and polite as you two.”

Mina smiled politely, “Thank you, Ms. Pontipee.”

Angie looked embarrassed at the compliment, “Um… Thank you.”

The three began taking groceries into the house from the garage.

Once they finished, Immy appeared from the living room, “We’re gonna meet at the park now!”

Mina looked for Gideon, to find him in the living room watching the next older brother, Frank, play some violent looking shooter game on the TV.

Gideon glanced back just in time to catch Mina’s gaze and gave her another sinister smile.

Mina resolved herself to help with whatever bad things he was thinking and turned to Immy, “Really? Do you know who’s coming?”

Immy shook her head, although she didn’t look like she cared, “Nope! Gid’s got lots of friends that train pokemon too, so it’ll be a blast!”

Angie still looked uncertain, “Gideon is being mean again.”

Immy patted Angie on the shoulder, “He’s a boy. They’re all like that.”

Mina knew boys were violent and gross, but to her, Gideon was worse.

Mina looked at the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Until recently, Immy had been the only child to have her own bedroom since she was the only girl. The seven brothers had had to share two bedrooms to themselves, so Gid, and to a lesser extent, her other brothers had been jealous. Now that the third youngest brother had moved out to go to trade school the two remaining brothers no longer had to share a bedroom. Still, Gideon hadn’t treated Immy better.

Immy grabbed Mina and Angie’s hands and began pulling them to her room, “Come on! Let’s go grab our stuff!”

Mina gave Angie a defeated look, and Angie shrugged.

Immy’s room wasn’t far down the hallway on the left, and soon they went inside.

Immy’s room was what one would expect for a tomboy pokemon maniac. First of all, it was a mess. Clothes littered the floor and her bed hadn’t been made in a while. There was a plain walmart desk just to the left of the door and had half finished homework along with neglected books scattered across it. On the wall opposite the door, under the single window in her room was the bed, complete with an Eevee themed bedding set. At the foot of the bed was a dresser. On top of the dresser were three picture frames, one with Mina, Immy, and Angie, one with Immy and Jumper, and a third of Immy and her family. The walls were covered with pokemon posters. Finally, there was a closet whose door was stuck open thanks to the piles of clothes and toys spilling from inside.

Mina found her backpack where she had put it next to the bed and picked it up, “I’m ready to go.”

Angie picked up her backpack from where she had placed it next to where Mina’s had been, “I might have to leave early. My mom said she was getting off work on time tonight.”

Immy’s expression turned to one of jealousy, “You're gonna eat at that nice place again, aren’t you? You always go somewhere nice when your mom gets off early.”

Angie nodded, “My mom found a new Italian restaurant in Crossroad City.”

It was Mina’s turn to be jealous, “I wish I could go too. Think you can sneak me some takeout?”

Angie smiled sweetly, “Mmhmm! I always get too much, anyway.”

Mina hugged Angie, “Thanks!”

Immy rubbed her stomach, “I’m so jealous! I wish I had rich parents too.”

Angie didn’t look very happy at Immy’s comment, “Yeah…”

Mina hated how often Angie got comments at how rich her parents were because it always made her depressed, “Immy, we’re going to miss the pokemon duel.”

Immy’s attention immediately went back to pokemon trainer mode, “Oh yeah!” She grabbed her trainer bag that she kept her pokeballs in and ran out of her room, “Let’s go!”

Immy’s mom stopped them as they made their way to the front door, “Imoen! Don’t take too long! Your dad just called and said he has a surprise for everyone when he gets home.”

Immy almost stopped thanks to her curiosity, but kept going, “Okay!”

Gideon jumped off the couch and followed his sister, “Wait for me!”

Angie stopped next to Immy’s mom, “Will you please call my mother and tell her I’ll be at the park?”

Immy’s mom smiled, “Of course!”

Angie returned the smile, “Thank you, Ms. Pontipee.”

Immy’s mom waved to Angie as she left to follow the others, “Be careful! You know how your mom gets if you get your dress dirty.”

“I know!”

The four walked quickly to a small park near the Pontipee home. The park was mostly a large field with an old swing set and slide off to one side. The field had some grass, but was now mostly patches of dirt that often turned into mud whenever it rained.

Immy looked around, “Are you sure they’re coming, Gid?”

Gideon nodded, “Yeah, we just live closer. They’ll be here.”

Angie sat on one of the swings, careful to keep her dress from the dirt.

Mina sat on the swing next to her, “I hope she’ll be okay.”

Angie watched Immy as she looked around the park with Gideon for the best place to have the duel, “It’s Immy. She’ll train harder if she loses.”

Immy’s never give up attitude was the thing Mina admired about her the most. Even if she lost badly it would only motivate her to train hard, “Yeah.”

Immy turned to look the way they’d come, and her excitement increased as the distant voices of boys shouting and roughhousing could be heard, “They’re here!”

Gideon’s smug smile widened, “You’re gonna love who I got to fight you.”

Mina’s dread increased as she recognized one of the voices, “Chad.”

Angie’s expression fell and it looked like she wanted to be anywhere else than here, a sentiment Mina shared, “I hope my mom gets here soon.”

Despite Mina’s feelings, she hopped off the swing, “I’ll…” She felt torn between which friend to help. Immy would probably be fine on her own, but it was too easy to coerce her into agreeing to something stupid. On the other hand, she wanted to keep Angie company just in case one of the boys came over and tried to bully her. She finally settled on helping Immy. Odds were the boys would be too distracted to bother Angie, “I better keep an eye on Immy.”

Angie’s expression said she didn’t want Mina to leave, but she nodded, “Yeah.”

Mina gave Angie a look of apology, then went to join Immy and Gideon.

Immy ran off to meet the boys just as Mina reached her, “Hey! We’re over here!”

Gideon turned to Mina, his smile now in a wicked grin, “This is gonna be good, Smiles.”

Mina smiled politely at Gideon despite the anger and desire to smack him across the face growing inside her, “Immy will be fine.”

Gideon rolled his eyes, “Yeah, she’s too dumb to know when she’s been humiliated.”

Mina clasped her hands together to help resist the temptation to slap Gideon, “She’s not dumb. She just doesn’t let anything get her down.”

Gideon rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” He then jogged off after Immy.

As Mina followed, Immy cried out, “Geh… Why’re you here Chaddles?”

Mina spotted Chad and the other boys not long after Immy.

Chad grinned as he approached Immy, “I’m here to beat the snot out of Poopypee’s pokemon.”

Immy put her hands on her hips, “Good luck! I’ve been training Jumper every day.”

Chad pretended to be scared, “Oh no! I bet those level five rattata and wingulls made your fleabag eevee so strong! I’m so scared!”

Immy paused and looked a little flustered, “Mina helped me too! Annabelle’s way stronger than your chicken.”

Chad crossed his arms, still looking smug, “Okay. Let’s find out.” He turned to Mina, “I’d rather fight you though, Smiles.”

Mina felt her smile twitch, “No thank you.”

Immy pointed to a particularly large patch of dirt, “Let’s fight already. Mina doesn’t like dueling smelly boys.”

Immy jogged past Mina and to the patch of dirt she’d settled on earlier.

Mina took a few steps back to let the boys pass.

As Chad passed her, without looking at her, “My rufflet’s level twenty five.”

Mina wasn’t surprised. Chad had a big head start over Immy, and Immy didn’t have a large group of trainer friends to help her level up. She also doubted Gideon would have asked anyone to come that his sister had a chance of beating.

Mina clenched her fists, and followed after the boys, who were thankfully ignoring her.

The boys made a semi circle behind Chad, with Mina standing behind Immy.

Immy pulled out her mimikyu, “Come on, Spooky!”

Chad was actually surprised, “Whoa! Where’d you get a mimikyu!”

The other boys actually looked impressed.

Immy crossed her arms, “Hehe, that’s a secret!”

Gideon looked smug as he answered Chad’s question, “That abandoned asylum in Garden City. Mom was pissed when she found out my brother Daniel took her.”

There was chatter among the boys about going to the asylum too.

Chad hefted a pokeball, “Well, I’ve got a ghost type, too.” He threw the ball and a misdreavus appeared, “Go Shrieker!”

As soon as Shrieker appeared, Chad shouted “Confuse Ray!” while Immy shouted, “Shadow Sneak!”

Spooky was faster as it extended its shadow then used the shadow to move behind the other pokemon, landing a blow on Shrieker’s back.

Shrieker easily took the hit, and a familiar beam shot at Spooky as it returned to its original position.

Fortunately, Spooky didn’t show the effects of Confuse Ray as Immy shouted to use Shadow Sneak again, landing another blow.

Chad didn’t look worried, “Shrieker! Use growl!”

Shrieker growled at Spooky and when Spooky did another Shadow Sneak Shrieker took noticeably less damage.

Chad began looking bored, “Shrieker, use Hex!”

Shrieker shot out ghostly purple flames, which engulfed Spooky, causing enough damage to make it faint.

Immy only looked slightly disappointed as she retrieved Spooky, “Good job, Spooky.” She then grabbed another pokeball as she placed Spooky inside her trainer bag, “Go get ‘em, Pooper!”

The boys laughed at rattata’s name the same time as Mina cringed.

Chad laughed, “Pooper! Good name for a Poopiepee!”

Gideon’s amusement vanished as he turned to Chad, “Hey dude. You’re still calling her Poopiepee? You six or something?”

Chad looked flustered as he glanced at Gideon, “Sorry Gid. Forgot you were here.”

Gid didn’t look amused, “Just… just stop.”

Chad turned back to Immy, “Got it, boss.” He turned back to Immy and Pooper, “Let’s get the trash so I can see your precious Jumper.”

Immy pointed at Shrieker, “Pooper may be trash, but he’s good trash! Pooper, use Bite!”

Chad didn’t look the slightest bit worried, “Hex.”

Pooper didn’t have a chance to attack before the purple flames engulfed her, causing her to faint.

Immy didn’t look surprised, and exchanged Pooper for a pidgey, then a raboot, and finally a wingull, all of which fainted on the first attack.

Finally Immy pulled out Jumper’s ball, which she threw, “Jumper! Go get ‘em!”

Chad grinned as he returned Shrieker to its pokeball, “Finally. Good job, Shrieker!” He pulled out another pokeball and threw it, “Tear Jumper apart, Striker!”

Immy didn’t wait, “Jumper! Tail Whip!”

Chad was right behind Immy, “Striker! Aerial Ace!”

Striker flew into the air and dove at Jumper with incredible speed, dealing massive damage.

Jumper managed to land the tail whip on Striker.

Chad grinned, “Looks like he’s got some spirit in him, but I got him this time. Aerial Ace!”

Immy finally looked frustrated, “Jumper! Use Quick Attack!”

Jumper attacked first, but missed Striker.

Striker’s Aerial Ace hit true, causing Jumper to faint.

With the last of Immy’s pokemon defeated, the battle was over.

Immy reached forward to return Jumper to his pokeball, “Good try, Jumper!”

Chad’s expression turned to one of gloating, “Didn’t stand a chance! Nice try, poopie…” he glanced at Gideon, “uh… loser.”

Immy thankfully didn’t look too sad at her loss, “Just means I need more trainin’!” She turned to look at Mina, but paused and looked where Angie was, “Uh… time to go!”

The boys turned to look as well and saw Angie’s mom standing next to her, watching them.

One of the faceless boys turned to leave, “It’s the Black Witch! Let’s get out of here!”

Mina turned to see if Angie’s mom had heard the boys, and the way she watched them leave, her expression turning somewhat icy, told her she had.

Mina knew she should hate that a lot of the neighborhood children called her the Black Witch, but between her raven black hair, and the cold way she treated most children, she understood why. 

Mina walked to Angie and her mom, turning to Angie’s mom, “Good afternoon, Ms. Barnette.”

Angie’s mom turned her attention to Mina, her icy expression turning more warm, though not quite to a smile, “Good evening, Mina. Is your friend’s match over?”

Mina glanced behind her to see that Immy was pretending to look busy doing something inside her bag, then back to Angie’s mom, “Yes. Imoen lost, but she’s okay.”

Angie’s mom nodded once and didn’t look at Immy, “I see.”

Mina turned to Angie, “I guess you’re going now?”

Angie’s mom nodded, “Yes.” She finally glanced at Immy, “Angelique. Why don’t you give your friend some potions before we leave.”

Angie looked up at her mom in surprise, “It’s okay?”

Angie’s mom looked at her, finally smiling, “Yes dear. You never use them, and your friend is probably feeling more depressed than she lets on.”

Angie picked up her bag and ran towards Immy, “Thank you, mother!”

Mina was surprised. She had hoped Angie’s mom didn’t hate Immy as much as she seemed to, and this said she at least had a little sympathy for her. 

Immy gladly took some potions and revives from Angie, even hugging her.

Angie looked absolutely elated at being able to help her friend, and returned to her mom in a much better mood.

Angie’s mom held out her hand, “Say goodbye to your friends, then let’s go. I’m sure you will love dinner tonight. Your father even said he could make it.”

Angie looked surprised, but happy, “Father is going to be there too!?” She waved bye to Mina and Immy, “I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Angie’s mom started walking towards the car, “It really has been much too long since we ate together as a family. Maybe…”

Mina was happy for Angie, even if she felt a little sad she wouldn’t get to eat dinner together with her tonight. 

Immy finally came up to Mina, “Wish I could go eat out like that, too.”

Mina turned to Immy, “You okay?”

Immy sighed deeply, “Gah!!!!! Why’d I have ta lose to Chad! Ah!!!!”

Mina giggled, “We can try and catch up when we go camping next weekend.”

Immy became giddy, “Oh yeah! I hope Mike’s back by then, too.”

Mina cocked her head to the side, “Where’s Mike?”

Immy looked towards the Rock River Mountains to the east, “I heard he’s out there looking for the Poke Sucker. Been gone a week already, but he bought a ton of food and rented an RV so he might be gone for a while.”

Mina tried to imagine the overweight man hiking through the mountains, “Think he’ll be okay?”

Immy shook her head, “Nah. Probably collapsed after walking three hundred feet and had a heart attack.”

Mina turned to watch Angie and her mom pull away in their car, “I think he’ll be okay. It’s not like the Poke Sucker is real.”

Immy shrugged, “Yeah probably, but there’s also rumors that Mew Two is up there. I bet that’s really why Mike left.”

Mina actually didn’t really care, “Maybe.” She looked around for the boys to make sure they weren’t still nearby and started walking, “Let’s go before the boys come back.”

Immy’s eyes went wide as she remembered something, “Oh yeah! My dad said he had a surprise!” She took off in a jog slow enough that Mina could keep up in her dress, “I hope it’s food!”

Mina was glad being with Immy kept her in shape as she was able to make it back to Immy’s house without having to stop.

Immy’s dad’s car was in the driveway, and with the clicking noises coming from the cooling engine, he had probably just gotten home.

Immy burst through the front door, “Dad! Where are we going to eat?”

Immy’s dad was standing next to the worn out couch where Frank was just finishing up his shooter game, his gaze jumping from the TV to Immy and Mina, “How’d your match go? And no, the surprise isn’t about food.”

Immy’s dad reminded her of an older Gideon if he had a gentler face. Like Immy’s mom, he was the oldest of the three friend’s parents, made even more obvious because most of his brown hair had fallen out on the top of his head. As for his body, he was on the overweight side, but not as bad as Mike. The thing Mina liked the most about him was that he was the most laid back and fun of the parents and often played with or helped the girls.

Mina liked imagining Gideon being bald and even fatter than this.

Immy plopped onto the couch and laughed, “I lost bad! Didn’t stand a chance!”

Immy’s dad gave her a sympathetic look, and was about to say something, before looking at the door, “Where’s Gid? Don’t want to spoil the surprise before he gets home.”

Immy groaned, “He’s off with his minions. Probably laughing at how bad I lost.”

Immy’s dad turned his attention back to Immy, “I really wish you two would get along. Do you want me to talk to him?”

Immy laid back on the couch, “Nah. It’ll just piss him off.” She grabbed a pillow and began hugging it.

Frank, a slightly older looking and thinner Gideon with shaggy brown hair and acne, finished turning off their Xbox Nintendo, and looked eager to get away as he retreated into the kitchen, “Let me know when Gid gets back.”

Immy’s dad nodded, “Okay.”

Mina walked to the window next to the TV and looked outside, “I think that’s him down the road.”

Immy groaned, “Can we lock him out and do the surprise without him?”

Immy’s dad chuckled, “Sorry, Imoen. No can do.”

Mina turned to Immy, “He’s by himself.”

Immy jumped up from the couch and ran to the door, opening it just enough to stick her head outside, “Gid! Hurry up! Dad’s here!”

Mina saw that Gideon heard and saw Immy, and after a moment of hesitation began jogging, “He’s coming.”

A dog started barking in the distance.

Immy laughed, “Looks like he’s yelling back too!”

Immy’s mom’s voice shouted from the kitchen, “Imoen! What have I told you about insulting your brothers?”

Immy pulled her head back inside and slouched her shoulders as she turned towards the kitchen, “Be nice. No fighting.”

“Now sit down and wait for your brother.”

Immy dragged her feet and fell face first on the couch.

Mina sat next to Immy, despite hating the couch thanks to the smell years of sweaty boys using it, and turned to Immy’s father, “Good evening, Mr. Pontipee.”

Immy’s dad gave Mina a genuine smile that showed he really was happy to see her, “How are you, Mina? Are you staying for dinner tonight?”

Mina returned his smile, “I’m having fun, but I have to be home for dinner by seven so I need to leave soon.”

Immy’s dad laughed, “Can I come too? I bet whatever you’re having is…” His expression turned to one of a man who had realized he’d made a huge mistake as he turned towards the kitchen, “...almost as good as what we’re having…”

Immy’s mom stuck her head around the corner and glared jokingly at her husband, “You barely saved yourself there Mr.”

Immy’s dad chuckled again, “I don’t know what you mean, Ms. Pontipee.”

Immy’s mom shook her head, “Likely story.” Then returned to her dinner preparation.

Immy’s dad moved to the door and looked outside, “Hurry up, Gid! We’re just waiting on you!”

Mina saw Gideon move to a run, and was home less than a minute later.

Immy’s dad sat on the couch and turned to the kitchen, his face and posture turning giddy, “Everyone to the living room! I’ve got some great news!”

Gideon sat on the couch as far away from the girls as he could, “Please be steak.”

Frank came in from the kitchen and looked bored, though some of his body language, like his slightly rushed walking and a faint smile made Mina think he was more excited than he was letting on, “I vote for steak too.”

Immy’s mom stayed near the kitchen and kept looking towards the stove to keep an eye on the food she was preparing, “It’s not steak.”

Immy’s dad fumbled in his pocket and pulled out a brochure, “Better than steak! I got us some cheap tickets to Poke World for fall break!”

Mina’s eyes widened in surprise. Immy had been wanting to go there in forever, but her family had never had enough money to go, but maybe now that all but three of the kids had moved out, they could.

Immy jumped up and began dancing around excitedly, “Yes! Yes! Yes! This is so awesome!”

Mina smiled happily, only slightly jealous.

Immy’s mom looked a little concerned, “Isn’t that the same time Imoen was going camping with Mina’s family?”

Immy stopped dancing as she turned to Mina in regret, “Crap!”

Mina shook her head, “It’s okay. My dad goes camping a lot. We can go later.”

Immy scratched the back of her head, “Yeah, sorry. That’d be cool.”

Immy’s dad gave Mina a look of apology, “I tried to get another weekend, but I really don’t want Imoen to miss any school.”

Mina shook her head again, “It’s okay! Immy’s been wanting to go there forever.”

Immy’s dad turned to Immy and chuckled, “Don’t need to remind me. She asks at least once a week.”

Immy blushed, “No I don’t…”

Frank shook his head, “Yes you do. At least now you’ll shut up about it.”

Immy’s mom shot Frank an angry look.

Frank merely shrugged in reply.

Gideon looked almost as excited as Immy, “This is so awesome! Thanks dad!”

Mina was happy for Immy. Not only were there lots of cool pokemon themed rides, but there were lots of places where she could train her pokemon too. She’d get them stronger a lot faster there, than by going camping.

Mina stayed for a few minutes longer so Immy would have someone to talk to about her trip, before excusing herself to go home.

As Mina walked home, her thoughts turned to the battle at the park. It was getting to the point where she wouldn’t be able to help Immy get stronger. She wished there was a better way, but going into the mountains was the best way to get her own pokemon stronger. She also decided to ask her mom to get a fire stone so she could evolve Annabelle into a ninetails. 

She also wondered if she could get Angie to go camping too. Her friend had looked a little lonely whenever she and Immy talked about it, so there was probably a chance she wanted to go too. The only problem was convincing her parents. They had already refused the offer once.

Mina sighed as she continued her walk home. Things never went the way one wanted them to.

1